Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Simulation Patch Issue

Go down 
+2
Zed 0 Sick
vV Science Vv
6 posters
AuthorMessage
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

Simulation Patch Issue Empty
PostSubject: Simulation Patch Issue   Simulation Patch Issue Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:26 am

I have been reading on various sites about the effect the new patch is having on wheel users. I definately notice a difference in the Linear setting for 900 degree set-up. Its been recomended that we switch to "Normal" steering to remedy the oversensitive tendancies, or chang rotation to 270. All I know is its a lot harder to drive and control cars comming out of corners, the oversteer effect is way out of wack. Has anybody found this to be true? The maker of the Fanatec wheel was recently on the Forza forums trying to figure it out.Simulation Patch Issue C:\Users\Pat\Pictures\106___06\IMG_0168
Back to top Go down
Zed 0 Sick

Zed 0 Sick

PostSubject: Re: Simulation Patch Issue   Simulation Patch Issue Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:38 pm

I have noticed a small change with using the controller even, it seems to slide out even more, I already have a low differential setting on all of my cars and it STILL gets tire spin. From the 30 minutes I messed around last night it just seems they made tire spin more common because before the patch I would leave a small patch of black marks only through 1st and 2nd gear when I was rolling and now it even chirps a small bit in 4th! but I might be shifting harder Razz
Back to top Go down
Claude Frollo

Claude Frollo

PostSubject: Re: Simulation Patch Issue   Simulation Patch Issue Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Simulation Patch Issue   Simulation Patch Issue Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Hmmm, I may have to consider this. Stay tuned as there may be a rule change due to this 'patch' in relation to Normal steering vs sim. (sim is no longer sim)
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
ClownNinjaUSMC

ClownNinjaUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Simulation Patch Issue   Simulation Patch Issue Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 7:25 pm

Waiting this one out!
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

PostSubject: Re: Simulation Patch Issue   Simulation Patch Issue Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:16 pm

Would this rule change be in effect this weekend if changed? We are all still racing and practicing on simulation and I don't know how much of a feeling difference it is. Is it something that would be a major difference? As I have only been driving simulation steering on this game.
Back to top Go down
Zed 0 Sick

Zed 0 Sick

PostSubject: Re: Simulation Patch Issue   Simulation Patch Issue Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 12:20 pm

I would say that Sim and standard steering will be an option, although in my opinion its a series about realism...But if it comes to a point where a certain amount of people that use the wheel cant drive anymore I think the people who use the wheel should only be offered the standard steering, because simulation is so much better than standard.
Back to top Go down
Claude Frollo

Claude Frollo

PostSubject: Re: Simulation Patch Issue   Simulation Patch Issue Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 12:39 pm

Zed 0 Sick wrote:
I would say that Sim and standard steering will be an option, although in my opinion its a series about realism...But if it comes to a point where a certain amount of people that use the wheel cant drive anymore I think the people who use the wheel should only be offered the standard steering, because simulation is so much better than standard.

Therein lies the problem teammate. After the patch the steering is far from realistic. It's overboosted around the center to the point of feeling unnatural. It's now broken and needs to be fixed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simulation Patch Issue   Simulation Patch Issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simulation Patch Issue
Page 1 of 1