Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts

Go down 
+14
Kamikaze1414
RR Rowdy Burns
Matthnt
PSEUDO 45
Dr PiiHB
Blahzay xxl
Bradsz
Luongo27
Basticular
F4H Diablo
Basicblaq
No1 Tommy Smurf
Red R0tor
Admin/PredatorUSMC
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:49 am

PRE-SEASON CHAT. Talk about the selection of cars. New racer chat. Pre-season predictions and rivalries.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:15 am

Red R0tor wrote:
Hmm...finally some more JDM vehicles in GTC...I might have to reconsider my choices
Back to top Go down
Red R0tor

Red R0tor

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Lol, I was wondering what happened to my post...didn't mean to clutter up the other thread. Season 8 looks like it'll be interesting, some JDM runners in the bunch
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Red R0tor wrote:
Lol, I was wondering what happened to my post...didn't mean to clutter up the other thread. Season 8 looks like it'll be interesting, some JDM runners in the bunch

definitely looks like an interesting collection of cars going on, looks like it going to be tougher to work out who is faster where with this variety of cars going on.
Back to top Go down
Red R0tor

Red R0tor

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm looking forward to season 8
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:47 pm

Looks like we have a lot of Early Entry for GTC very interesting.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:51 pm

Basicblaq wrote:
Looks like we have a lot of Early Entry for GTC very interesting.

never know it could mean more people than this season running in GTC this time round (it could even be possible that GTC will have more drivers than GT but I somehow doubt that one somehow)
Back to top Go down
F4H Diablo

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:39 am

Hello there!

I was curious, because of the removal of the pre-1995 cars, that takes away the possibility of me driving the 512 TR again. Would I still have the -10 PI penalty if I picked another Ferrari? I mean, I can't even drive my old car.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:51 am

You would start at the PI that is shown on available car list.
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:57 am

I am disappointed the car that I was seriously consider running for GTC is under the GT list decisions, decisions Sad
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:40 am

Since this seems to appropriate thread, pred can you explain your press release? The 1995 cut off seems a little arbitrary.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 pm

There is a series sponsor that I have been communicating with and in that there is a year production limit for them and it was a request to do the same here with this series. It was requested for 2005 model year be the cutoff for this series. However, after I explained that the diversity of THIS series is driven by allowing a better selection of cars than other series. So we came to an agreement of 1995. It looks like that is satisfactory for them and they are most likely coming on board. That's the short of the story.
Back to top Go down
Luongo27

Luongo27

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 4:22 am

Any news on the availability of the Mclaren gt3, hope it's in there as all the other gt3 cars are in.
Back to top Go down
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:31 am

Luongo27 wrote:
Any news on the availability of the Mclaren gt3, hope it's in there as all the other gt3 cars are in.

it is, but it needs to be admin approved
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:44 am

Mclaren isthere but its way to slow and there is no upgrades that will make it good unless your at like 775pi and up
And no one should be that high in that car.And if so I want that car at that pi then...ijs
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:50 am

I realy want to run the 2013 viper but it seams like the are a lot of ppl that want to as well so I have to look into something else.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 2:35 pm

Well, we just got our first "Official" Viper GTS entrant.

I have to be honest..Who cares what everyone else drives or thinks? Drive what YOU want. What will keep YOU interested and racing. I as admin would prefer diversity of the field which I am sure will be the case but if there are 8 vipers so be it.

I would be willing to bet there will be a few in ALMS next season!

I hope Risi comes back cause ESM seems to be having a hard time getting over the hump. Their pit crew seems to kill them more often than not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Pre-Season Chat   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 5:50 am

I don't know what to use, I love the pagani zonda c12 in GT, but I also like the Ferrari F355 in the GTC! Tough Decision :/
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 6:12 am

Jack Copus wrote:
I don't know what to use, I love the pagani zonda c12 in GT, but I also like the Ferrari F355 in the GTC! Tough Decision :/

Its got to be a car that you will be happy to drive weekly for more than an hour straight, so I would say pick the one you enjoy more but remember it does not matter that your car can get the fastest lap in the race unless you can maintain that pace throughout the race.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 6:21 am

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
Jack Copus wrote:

Its got to be a car that you will be happy to drive weekly for more than an hour straight, so I would say pick the one you enjoy more but remember it does not matter that your car can get the fastest lap in the race unless you can maintain that pace throughout the race.

Well in the Pagani I get consistent 1:52:xx on Catalunya and in the Ferrari I can get high 1:57's low 1:58's mainly though (also on Catalunya) I would like to race GTC because it's closer but it also depends on if I can get a couple of teammates to.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 6:51 am

I cannot speak for GT class (never raced in GT category) but you are spot on GTC category being tight because of the sheer level of variety of cars especially with cars that are strong in the corners and cars that are stronger on the straights.

not sure if GT category have as much variations but its too early to tell because of so few of GT drivers have chosen their cars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 7:00 am

I still have tested all the cars I want to in GTC so there's still a handful of cars which like the Astons, the BMW's, the Chevy's and some of the Porsche's I've got to try yet
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:45 am

Jack Copus wrote:
No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
Jack Copus wrote:

Well in the Pagani I get consistent 1:52:xx on Catalunya and in the Ferrari I can get high 1:57's low 1:58's mainly though (also on Catalunya) I would like to race GTC because it's closer but it also depends on if I can get a couple of teammates to.

We ran the pagani this past season and a little insight for you. It is very quick and handles great, it grisly is an amazing car and one you can compete in. That being said, it is very week dependant. Before you decide do practice runs with damage to see how much you lose when you take damage Not saying don't tumor, just saying that it can be trouble if you get any damage to the rear. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: manufacturer tally so far (15/07/2012)   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 12:15 pm

thought to do a tally of the current registrations (I was bored to be honest) and found some interesting results

GT Total
Ascari 2
Ferrari 1
Viper 1
Lamborghini 1
Porsche 1
Chevrolet 1
RUF 1

GTC Total
Porsche 7
BMW 3
Aston Martin 2
Vauxhall 2
Ford 1
Toyota 1
Subaru 1
Mazda 1
Chevrolet 1
Maserati 1

Make what you will from these so far but certainly looks like an interesting list going on so far in GTC.
Back to top Go down
Red R0tor

Red R0tor

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 1:24 pm

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
Jack Copus wrote:

So much truth in that statement, pick the car you thoroughly enjoy and you'll get fast in no time because you drive it so much
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts   Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 8 ENTRY/REGISTRATION Chat & Thoughts
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next