Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Worst morning in my life

Go down 
+4
OLDFenderBender
SSRT_Pronebird
SaintedPlacebo4
OneBigMan43
8 posters
AuthorMessage
OneBigMan43

OneBigMan43

Worst morning in my life Empty
PostSubject: Worst morning in my life   Worst morning in my life Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Sooooooooooooo.................................as I'm heading to work this morning on my GSX-R600 that I had for about 6 months now, this is what happens:

I live in N. Carolina and work on Ft. Bragg at the airfield. I'm coming down Sante Fe Drive and was approaching the two lights that crosses over All American Expressway, the first light turns yellow so I stop at the light. When the light turns green I go, and not at rocket speed, but pretty normal. When I come up to the next light I look at to the right for cars that come up the ramp the yields to our direction when their light is red. I'm in the right hand land out of two. I see a car coming up and eye it the whole time to make sure they don't jump in front of me. He stops like he has sight of us coming down the road, so everything is just fine. This was about 200 ft. from the intersection. When I get about 100 ft. from the intersection, GUESS WHAT? He/She pulls out in front of me. Mind you, I'm going about 45-50 mph at this point. Not only do they pull out in front, but they are going like 15 mph like somebody's grandmother. I figure, ok, I'll move to the left lane to just pass the car. NOOOO!! The car moves over to the left lane for whatever reason, so I lay on the horn and move to the right to avoid this idiot, but they must've freaked out and finally noticed I was there and swerved back over to the right. Too late! I'm around about 10-15 ft behind the car at the point. Still going 45-50 mph. I brake as hard as I can without locking up and WHAM!! I get ejected off the bike onto his trunk and I can feel myself rotating on the trunk and get stopped by the rear windshield, roll off the side the trunk onto the ground shoulder first and then tumble end over end about 3-4 times and then slide to stop only to be facing headlights and then realizing my bike is still sliding, almost running me over only stopped by the curb. Drivers stop and started running towards me and I'm banging my first on the ground because I was HOT!!! I stood up and looked back for the car that pulled out in front of me, and they're still driving away like nothing happened. UGH!!! I wanted to destroy that car.

So I'm pretty sure bike will be totalled. The whole left side, front to back, is shot and the nose frame is destroyed. But Thank God I only walked away with road rash on my left knee and bruised left shoulder and left elbow. Also, if it wasn't for the soldier to stay back with me until the police arrive and give his statement, I would've been screwed. With the vehicle description and partial plate number, they found a vehicle with that description and pretty sure that it was them. So, yea, don't count me in this weeks race because I need to recover and I won't have the time to practice this week. That's my story.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Worst morning in my life   Worst morning in my life Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Wowww. Id have been so heated. i hope they have some serious karma coming there way for being so damn dumb/blind/etc etc
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: Worst morning in my life   Worst morning in my life Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Luckily for you there's no race this weekend.
Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: Worst morning in my life   Worst morning in my life Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:33 pm

don't know if riding a road bike and nearly getting hit by a car 3-4 times a day when I have the right of way counts...
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Worst morning in my life   Worst morning in my life Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:06 am

SSRT_Pronebird wrote:
Luckily for you there's no race this weekend.

I so did not realise that....

anyway glad to hear that you are alright and hope the idiots who pulled out in front of you get what they deserve for not paying attention to the road.
Back to top Go down
blackhawk s61

blackhawk s61

PostSubject: Re: Worst morning in my life   Worst morning in my life Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:01 am

its good to hear that your ok but im sad after hearing what happened to your bike because they GSX-R's are nice bikes

Last edited by blackhawk s61 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Worst morning in my life   Worst morning in my life Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 10:19 am

The best thing is you are not badly hurt! It could have gone much worse than it did! I hope the police are able to deal with the car that caused the incident then fled. Police have been know to be inept when it comes to getting things done like this. (speaking from personal experience) I hope it all works out for you.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Worst morning in my life   Worst morning in my life Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:26 pm

really annoys me when drivers dont understand bikes on the road, its a bike, let them go by, theyre much lighter/faster/open, let them do there thing and get by instead of being a retard and getting in the way changing lanes, people like that shouldnt be on the road, really does annoy me as i have been on bikes since the age of 9...

TBH by your description it sounds like they purposely wanted you off that bike
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Worst morning in my life   Worst morning in my life Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 8:59 am

Bradsz wrote:
really annoys me when drivers dont understand bikes on the road, its a bike, let them go by, theyre much lighter/faster/open, let them do there thing and get by instead of being a retard and getting in the way changing lanes, people like that shouldnt be on the road, really does annoy me as i have been on bikes since the age of 9...

I really thought you were just going to say "You mad bro?"
Back to top Go down
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Worst morning in my life   Worst morning in my life Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 9:38 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Bradsz wrote:

I really thought you were just going to say "You mad bro?"

not this time lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst morning in my life   Worst morning in my life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst morning in my life
Page 1 of 1