Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS

Go down 
+19
Sn1p3r
bigdutyDMomoney
Chedocidezilla
oddball7000
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Matthnt
worminfested73
Zenrad
AAR WolfPack
Ruptured Duck77
Raceboy77
Manuel CR
Gameking8
The Posimosh
EZT Sabre
No1 Tommy Smurf
xlx Outlaw xlx
SaintedPlacebo4
Admin/PredatorUSMC
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Empty
PostSubject: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Sunday June 2nd 5pm PST- Sedona Raceway (Standing Start) 50 Laps

{ST Class Race 2PM PST (STANDING START)} 25 Laps

BE SURE TO CHECK FOR ANY PIRS ADJUSTMENTS

Qualifying is now OPEN!
GET WITH A ROOM HOST OR SERIES OFFICIAL TO QUALIFY

QUALIFYING CLOSES @ 12:30PM PST Each Race Sunday! (Last session Held at 12:30PM PST

Sedona Raceway Park is located in a city that straddles the county line between Coconino and Yavapai counties in the northern Verde Valley region of Arizona. For the racers of the FSCS it will be a stark contrast from the previous race of the cold snow capped mountain climate of the Swiss Alps with many elevation changes to the hot Arizona climate with red sun baked mountains. From a track where every corner could spell disaster to the very fast and open racing of Sedona Raceway Park. This track mixes a high speed oval with a truly challenging road course, making it one of the stiffest driving tests in the FSCS. The circuit measures out at a whopping 4.1 miles long and presents cars and racers with every kind of vehicular challenge from 1/8 mile sprint to a gargantuan full mile gallop and every type of turn a racer can challenge themselves with! It's easy to enjoy the gorgeous desert view, but don't let your eyes wander too far… like the rattle snakes in the area, Sedona will bite you!

Click For SERIES RACE SCHEDULE

GT/GS 50 Laps  
ST 25 Laps

Normal 7 lap qualifying session

GT/GS Pit Window 15 - 30  
ST - No Required Pit  

GT Average Qual Time 2:14.662
GS Average Qual Time 2:21.693
ST Example Qual Time 2:33.639

Qualifying is now OPEN! GET WITH A ROOM HOST OR SERIES OFFICIAL TO QUALIFY

HAVE YOUR QUAL TIME DONE BY 12:30pm PST SUNDAY May 26th
The last qual session will run at 12:30pm Sunday.  Anyone who does not qualify will be subject to Rule 4.1E

Under Probation:
1 Race Left: Avcracy (ST/SPEC) - Avoidable Contact
2 Races Left: Basticular (ST) – Avoidable Contact
2 Races Left: Peader24 (ST) – Avoidable Contact
2 Races Left: R3troD (GT) - Leaving the designated racing surface

No Footage of Sedona Raceway so we will substitute some other great Roval Raceway!
Grand Am Daytona 2013 Pt. 1

Grand Am Daytona 2013 Pt. 2

Sedona Raceway Results
>>>Click Here for Sedona Raceway Rusults<<<

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:38 am

Going to be having a busy week for me. I hope to get dialed in by race day though. Should be an interesting race as always.
Back to top Go down
xlx Outlaw xlx

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 4:40 pm

Busy week for me as well, and I'll have to either qualify Friday night, or early Saturday morning, like, 8-9am EST, and then pre race right after that. I'll be heading out by 11-12 that morning, until late Sunday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 5:48 pm

Hey everyone, rookie to the series here.

I am joining the series this week since I missed the first few. I have been working on selecting a car but haven't had any luck so far. As of now my quickest laps seem to be with either the Lotus Exige, Ferrari 355 Challenge or Acura NSX. I have spent a while with many other cars as well but no matter what I do I can't seem to break the 2:23.00 barrier.

I know many of you are busy but if anyone were to have some free time and take a look at a few of my tunes (in my storefront) and help me out that would be great. I feel the most confident with the Exige, but I just need to drop another second to get back on pace.

Thanks for helping a rookie! Can't wait to race with you guys on Sunday!
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:00 pm

jboylan95 wrote:

I am joining the series this week since I missed the first few. I have been working on selecting a car but haven't had any luck so far. As of now my quickest laps seem to be with either the Lotus Exige, Ferrari 355 Challenge or Acura NSX. I have spent a while with many other cars as well but no matter what I do I can't seem to break the 2:23.00 barrier.

I know many of you are busy but if anyone were to have some free time and take a look at a few of my tunes (in my storefront) and help me out that would be great. I feel the most confident with the Exige, but I just need to drop another second to get back on pace.

Welcome to the series, I would not pick your car just for one race (do not use sedona to choose your car), this track will really favour the handling cars (not saying not to pick them but use more than one track to test)

I would recommend testing on a variety of tracks like nurburgring GP circuit (a sort of all rounder track) and road america (power circuit) to get an all round feel for how decent your car choice is.

Sadly we would not be able to learn much on what is wrong or right with your tune with using one from your storefront (we cannot check the upgrades or see the tune setup without resetting it) but I would see about gifting it to those who are willing to help.

I wish I could help you out on this, but my tuning knowledge (or lack of) will be more of a hinderance than a help (I can help on the upgrade front no problem at all, but thats not saying that much). If you want a recommendation for someone to ask it is jpnvr4, he has a tuning shop (he did my MC12 and 350Z) and his tunes are nice to drive from my experience.

You have to pay for his services in forza but I would not call them expensive (I would pm jpnvr4 if nobody offers to assist)

Last edited by No1 Tommy Smurf on Thu May 30, 2013 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:12 pm

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:

Welcome to the series, I would not pick your car just for one race (do not use sedona to choose your car), this track will really favour the handling cars (not saying not to pick them but use more than one track to test)

I would recommend testing on a variety of tracks like nurburgring GP circuit (a sort of all rounder track) and road america (power circuit) to get an all round feel for how decent your car choice is.

won't say what car is best out the ones you mentioned its up to you on which you want to drive (I do not have to drive it for the season)

I would say as well we won't be able to learn much on how your tune is by downloading it on a storefront (the tune is locked meaning we cannot look at whats right and wrong or modify it accordingly without resetting the tune) gifting is the only way we can fully see whats going on and alter it (see about doing this when you get someone to agree to help).

Sadly I would not be much help on this one I am not good when it comes to tuning. (I get help from jpnvr4 on the tunes for both my Maserati MC12 and my Nissan 350Z, but you pay for his services) but someone on here I am sure who knows what they are doing will be willing to help you out on this.

Thanks for the advice! I totally forgot tunes would be locked in the storefront :/
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:16 pm

jboylan95 wrote:

Thanks for the advice! I totally forgot tunes would be locked in the storefront :/

no problem at all, just wish I could be more helpful
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Drive what you are comfy in. if you like a car drive youll enjoy the series. its always fun to drive something different and interesting. if you would like any assistance you can add and message me although i only have 2 spots left on my friends list.
Back to top Go down
EZT Sabre

EZT Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:29 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Drive what you are comfy in. if you like a car drive youll enjoy the series. its always fun to drive something different and interesting. if you would like any assistance you can add and message me although i only have 2 spots left on my friends list.

+1
I like to drive the car I like the most in real life, but I can't really do that because I am commited to a team and we want to be competitive.
Pick the car you like the most and if you pick a car than isn't too competitive at stock PI then I am sure you will get a bump so you get up to speed Smile
Back to top Go down
The Posimosh

The Posimosh

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:05 pm

jboylan95 wrote:

I would recomend getting your pre-qual sorted in a "middle of the road" car for the class... As in make sure you like it, but it needs to be tunable over about 20pi if my experience is any indication of what you should expect. What I'm trying to say is don't pick a maxed out beast at the pi you think you might be at. Chances are, if you are too close to the margins in terms of upgrades you will be hating life in a couple races. This may not make sense now, but I assure you, it will once you participate in a race or two. What class are you planning on running? You have hopefully picked a car (any of the three you mentioned will be ok but I'd lean towards the nsx or 355 personally.... Good luck!
PS Start tuning, a lot, if you are locked i to your build.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:29 pm

The nsx is a solid car. Its highly tunable and fairly versatile. The Exige is a high performance car and will do well in most places due to the high extreme acceleration and cornering speed. The car preforms well even with lower PI than others. There is an abundance of handling cars this season with the Ford GTs, the 355s, the 911's with only 4 mustangs in comparison. And since none of them have extreme top end like some cars of the past, Le Mans will be an amazingly interesting race. I look forward to the season and the addition of a new GS driver. I will say though that you should stick with it even if the first race or two seems tough because effort and time pay off. An example of that could be me or Duty as we both started here in C lobby and worked out way to starting Pole. The system will do its job as well if you have faith in it and allow it time to adjust your car and skill level properly. Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Gameking8

Gameking8

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:41 pm

Really looking forward to my first race this weekend, as long as all the registration gets sorted out by then. My whole goal for this season is just to finish as many races as possible. Nothing more, nothing less. I'll see ya'll out there this sunday.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:45 pm

That's a good attitude to have going into the series. Make sure you find a car you enjoy, get in some seat time and run your 10 laps at base pi (520, 635, 735) and send the replay and fastest time over to PredatorUSMC. Its a fairly simple process in application and will help greatly with acclimation. Good luck and welcome.
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:07 am

where i can check the P.I.R.S adjustments?
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:41 am

Manuel CR wrote:
where i can check the P.I.R.S adjustments?

go on the website main menu , then click standings and select points & PI

or just click on this link Points & PI
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:54 am

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:

go on the website main menu , then click standings and select points & PI

or just click on this link Points & PI

Thanks!!!

Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:55 am

They finally posted it! The first ALMS race I went to live footage. Las Vegas MotorSpeedway

Here is a picture of the poster still up in my garage!
Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS IMG_5502_zps8defd3fa
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:40 pm

I had emailed one of the guys that was in charge of their youtube account about 2 months ago, he explained that if you email them they will make you a DVD with any ALMS race(s) of your choosing from past or present. He also told me that they are currently digitizing all of their archived footage and uploading it to youtube.
Back to top Go down
Gameking8

Gameking8

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:02 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
That's a good attitude to have going into the series. Make sure you find a car you enjoy, get in some seat time and run your 10 laps at base pi (520, 635, 735) and send the replay and fastest time over to PredatorUSMC. Its a fairly simple process in application and will help greatly with acclimation. Good luck and welcome.
Thanks. I am trying to get some more seat time for Sedona but at this point it's Gunna be a tight squeeze to get the car and myself ready in time. The test session will be completed by tomorrow, but I still have to nail down the tune and get more track time at Sedona in a little over a day. I just dont want to rush it and get out on the track and be the cause of an accident. Sedona just always seems to bite me.
Back to top Go down
xlx Outlaw xlx

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:20 pm

Don't worry, there's still plenty of time if your registration is completed. You've got Saturday remaining, and Sunday as well. For GS, you'll have to qualify perhaps sometime in the morning, but then you've still got several more hours to practice till then. When you're in practicing, most of us will be up for accepting friend requests, and from then you can either jump in with them in practice lobbies(Just make sure you don't jump into say, the ST lobbies while they're racing, haha.), or do some hot lapping of your own.

Last week I didn't get to practice too much until the time between qualifying, and the race, but I did get to spend that day practicing, and that alone helped. Granted, it wasn't a true week's worth of preparation, but there's still several hours there to do some more work.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to get in some practice tonight in the next little bit, then qualify, and I believe I shall wake up in the morning, do a few laps, and do my pre-race then.

But don't worry, Sedona is a trickier course. At least, I feel so. It's definitely harder than say, Sebring, Laguna Seca, Bernese, and the other smaller courses. It's also got plenty of corners that you want to take faster than what you really can, because you just seem like you're freaking putting along at the speeds you should be at. So don't worry, you're not the only one still fighting the track just as much. As long as you're always wanting more, you always will be.
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:46 pm

I know the feeling of being stressed to complete registration and practice for the race. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Gameking8

Gameking8

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:23 pm

I'm hoping I can get it down. I could do it as is but I'm not going to be able to keep up. I just need to get to know the track better and get a bit more stable of a tune. I'm hoping for the best and thanks for the advice. I'm going to try to get it together And just keep it safe this weekend regardless of points I recieve
Back to top Go down
xlx Outlaw xlx

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:43 pm

You'll be surprised, as in real life, these races can throw something very unexpected at you, at others, and at everyone. Typically just keeping your nose clean through the race, you'll do better than you imagined you would. Keep your car off the wall, don't get too antsy around the other drivers, keep your calm, and you'll find yourself feeling great. I know this track will take a few people out with it's walls, and will make plenty others run at a slower pace, so if you can be one of the ones to bank on that, things will go great.

Also, the field won't be lapping at that qualifying pace the entire time. Things happen, and as people work for positions, just as in real life, they get held up by one another.

Bah, I'm getting excited thinking of it all.

And, having spoke with the groom to be, the itinerary is a little different than it was before, so I might be able to make the race. Hopefully.

At the same time, I now have to prepare a last minute speech. Which works out, since I now have some free time from not having to squeeze a pre-race in there.

Sorry, I'm in a talkative mood.

Look forward to seeing you, and the other fellow newcomers out on track.

/Current Season X Rookie myself.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:05 am

haven't run yet but i hope to do well here.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:30 am

@Racebot you hope to do well? come on bud lol.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next