Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS

Go down 
+19
Sn1p3r
bigdutyDMomoney
Chedocidezilla
oddball7000
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Matthnt
worminfested73
Zenrad
AAR WolfPack
Ruptured Duck77
Raceboy77
Manuel CR
Gameking8
The Posimosh
EZT Sabre
No1 Tommy Smurf
xlx Outlaw xlx
SaintedPlacebo4
Admin/PredatorUSMC
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sn1p3r

Sn1p3r

Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:22 pm

congrats matthnt and really bad JPN VR4 Sad
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:31 pm

Need the times from B AND C Rooms please!
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:39 pm

Raceboy77 wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:
pretty happy with my ST race but GT wasn't so happy, i knew i could have won but the wall didn't want me to Sad oh well. pred, i expect you to hit your own PI since you were half a second faster than the second fastest :/

rather than bring up the field to match the top drop the top to match the field?
either works, i'm sure we both know he won't give me a bit of PI to keep up though :p

if you are both faster than the field than you should be treated equally. You can pole and win almost anywhere. in respect to your driving ability i would almost say that you could be dialed back slightly further. while you might argue that less PI is ludicrous the end race results are clear. there are some guys that come out and race well that feel sort of helpless in the sense that they arent racing for 1st or even 2nd. i will admit that i have noted a noticeable gap in the gt field. this "gap" is hard to clearly point out however, since there are indeed individual factors that mask such a gap. whether thats luck, consistency, or pi its not my place to say. i think an evaluation or even a second set of test sessions might be able to close this interesting gap in the field. i say this bc i dont want to lose anyone that does race reliably in this series. we have a good group of guys and i would hate to lose any due to something that could be righted if there is reason for someone to feel wronged. thats my politically correct answer. i hope that its not taken in any sort of wrong way, and it isnt to start some sort of forum debate or issue. its simply here to try to address and dispel the murmurings that are going around the watercooler and i say it with the best intentions for the series.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Great help Sainted! The GT times are very close. Just as the GS class times and racing is. The racing has shown to be VERY close. So close that we are seeing more incidents due to the close quarters racing. Yes there are a few who are off the pace and that is being addressed each race. (Obviously only so much can be done via the system, some of the responsibility for pace has to be accepted by the driver) If we can stop the lagouts that would be GREAT.

To comment on a racer who has pretty much won 7 of the last 10 by considerable margins talking about PI reduction....I will just leave it alone. Yes, I ran a hell of a comeback and hell I am proud I was able to fucus and run that strong after such a dismal first 20 laps to come back and almost get the second spot on the podium. I ran the most consistent laps I have ever run. I was on it and I was on it in a zone! Still wasn't enough to get the win or second. Settle for third. On to Hockenheimring

CONGRATULATIONS to No1TommySmurf for his GT win! Great run! That Maserati is dialed in!
CONGRATULATIONS to Matthnt for the GS win! However, you got the win you got it! Sometimes luck is great to have! AND CONGRATULATIONS Matthnt on the ST win also! Great weekend for you!
Back to top Go down
jboylan95

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:28 pm

Wow well this was an interesting race! Ended up ruining my race on the right hander going back into the tunnel, the SAME turn that got me in qualifying. Just never was able to get the line through there. Had to finsh 50 something laps with 60%+ aero damage Sad

Oh well, need to get working on my braking points for hockenheim other wise I can see the hairpin being a problem.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:24 am

smh....Congrats Tommy on your win happy for ya bro Matthunt as well ,looks like your back to the matt I met yrs ago lol.
Back to top Go down
Ruptured Duck77

Ruptured Duck77

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:17 am

Well, I catch crap in one way or another 3 times this race... knocked halfway off in the first right hander on lap 1, cut me off after hitting the sticky stuff on lap 4, and then a rear ending. I always thought if you're way off pace, you stay off the line, gut I guess it doesn't apply for some. Other than that stuff, great racing guys. GT guys did awesome practicing some patience as well. Congrats to the winners and a big "that sucks" to JPN and bigduty'!
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:50 am

cheers guys both really happy and pleasantly surprised I won the race in GT, I thought 3rd was going to be my best finish all things considered.

I think I was just really fortunate that Raceboy had damage from hitting the walls a few times and pred had steering wheel issues near the start of the race, if it weren't for those incidents I doubt I would have held onto 1st or would have had an even harder time keeping it.

never the less really happy on the win

But I have to say thanks to matt for helping me on the upgrade front, jpn for the tuning work and Raceboy for pushing me to drive faster than I ever driven around there.
Back to top Go down
jpnvr4

jpnvr4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 6:03 am

Sn1p3r wrote:
really bad JPN VR4 Sad

What are u tryna say ?
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:11 am

I think he ment really bad Jpn :-) lol
Back to top Go down
jpnvr4

jpnvr4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:17 am

Blahzay xxl wrote:
I think he ment really bad Jpn :-) lol

Blahzay... U da WOOOORST mayne!! ..... Lol
Back to top Go down
Ruptured Duck77

Ruptured Duck77

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:35 am

JPN, it was nice of you to let me sit in your car when we pitted, but you really need to hit that thing with some Armor All or something. Its filthy in there! geek
Back to top Go down
jpnvr4

jpnvr4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:54 am

Ruptured Duck77 wrote:
JPN, it was nice of you to let me sit in your car when we pitted, but you really need to hit that thing with some Armor All or something. Its filthy in there! geek

Imma have to talk to the pit crew about that... But glad I could put in a REAL thorough breed car Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 12:38 pm

Sn1p3r wrote:
congrats matthnt

Sainted and I were having a great battle for second. Again, you had that race won easily
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 2:06 pm

i think he is saying he feels really bad.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 2:15 pm

TOMMY "T BONE"
Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 FsRzg3B10IfCcg0vNITK_png
CONGRATS BUD!!!

MATT...WOW!!!

As for our weekend it was epicly bad...power flickerd when i was finaly making up time
our two other cars were in the truck that got highjacked in texas...then burned when they couldnt figure out the lift....

well on to the next scratch
Back to top Go down
Ruptured Duck77

Ruptured Duck77

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:13 pm

[quote="our two other cars were in the truck that got highjacked in texas...then burned when they couldnt figure out the lift.... [/quote]

It wasn't me.... I swear!
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:42 pm

Ruptured Duck77 wrote:
[quote="our two other cars were in the truck that got highjacked in texas...then burned when they couldnt figure out the lift....

It wasn't me.... I swear![/quote]

they were eastbound on I10... trying to do what they say can't be done
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:59 pm

i was just kidding about your PI pred, that run was impressive, i was actually worried lol. great run tommy, i knew you had it once you got first. Matt, that ST race was just nuts lol congrats on both your wins.

i believe that many people have had the pace to beat me in many places and it's been proven because i've seen people catching me, running faster, etc. I think it's a mix of luck but mostly consistency that i've been able to win so many races.
Back to top Go down
xlx Outlaw xlx

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Consistently is definitely it. You can run 6 or 7 laps in a row running a few tenths faster, then make a single mistake and it cost you every bit of ground you just gained, if not more. That's something I've still got to work on myself.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 6:28 pm

Raceboy77 wrote:
i was just kidding about your PI pred, that run was impressive, i was actually worried lol. great run tommy, i knew you had it once you got first. Matt, that ST race was just nuts lol congrats on both your wins.

i believe that many people have had the pace to beat me in many places and it's been proven because i've seen people catching me, running faster, etc. I think it's a mix of luck but mostly consistency that i've been able to win so many races.

Cheers raceboy I appreciate it, but I still say if it weren't for the damage, you would have given me even more of a hard time especially towards the end.

Certainly not going to forget that win anytime soon.

**EDIT**

Also cheers roscoe not sure what to make of the "T Bone" part Very Happy

Last edited by No1 Tommy Smurf on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Raceboy77 wrote:

and yet you find yourself getting 102 points per win...
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 6:56 pm

There is no shame in winning! Be proud and happy with each one. You have to earn em to get em. Raceboy 77 just happens to be our Schumacher in whatever class he races in.

It's the worst to have a win in the palm of your hand, a win in sight, a win within reach and either you fail to get it or your equipment fails and takes it from you. Evil or Very Mad But, I never give up, never quit, and I am still determined to push next race. How many laps of practice will I do? Dontchuworryboutme. How many you gonna do to prepare is the better question. #quittersneverwinwinnersneverquit.
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
Raceboy 77 just happens to be our Schumacher in whatever class he races in.

Ralf maybe Laughing
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:23 pm

WTF.... ididnt put that pic in there........ Or did i..........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS   Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season X Race 5 Sedona Raceway GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next