Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps

Go down 
+3
-]v[ETA]_-
PredatorUSMC
Admin/PredatorUSMC
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps   Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:54 pm

fixed
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Wolf4k4smash

Wolf4k4smash

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps   Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:43 pm

(Wolf Racing technical director) Due to an overview of the points standings my team and i have notice that race driver prone bird is still ahead in the driver points after coming in 3rd in the second,IE we think we should be ahead in the GTC driver points after after coming in 1st in the second race and second in the first thanks (wolf Racing inc.)
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps   Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Nope. He got 2 bonus points both races for getting pole position. You forgot about that didn't you....Knowin you wolf you probably never bothered to read it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps   Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:06 am

I see that gdub has 9 points for the first race in gtc. i thought he raced in GT for the first race? and if he did does he keep those points?
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps   Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:47 am

Yes that is why I cut him down to half points. The Penalty for the switch.
(Should he keep those points? I know he earned them in the GT class and not the GTC class. what do you guys think?)
Back to top Go down
gdub369

gdub369

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps   Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:09 am

it dont matter to me do what you will, im just wondering why wolf has a 615 pi when he raced at 600 pi last race?? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Wolf4k4smash

Wolf4k4smash

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps   Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:17 am

the rule clearly says the only way you can rebuild your car was if you get a pi change and i used that to my advantage i did rebiuld the car but there was no need to go so high in pi cus the car runs fast enough,and talking about consistent we both running the same time but i win by 4000 feet of you thats consistent.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps   Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:46 pm

the 615pi that wolf has was his PI adjustment from week 1. He chose not to use it (still won!) I reviewed the replays twice before I got busy for the week and I still feel that the adjustments are justified.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps   Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:04 pm

That is still breaking the rules for cryin out loud. If I go back to 590 PI I am expected to be forced back into my Sebring build. There is to be no change to your 600 build is what the rules say.

What I read the rules to say is that you are to add 15 PI to your sebring build. As I was forced to remove the 10PI from my Sebring build. Not totally rebuild the car to suit the track.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps   Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:41 pm

Ok. Let me clarify before it gets outta control. If you get a PI adjustment you can do what you like to get your car to the adjusted PI. If you get no adjustment you cannot change ANY parts of the car only the tune.

I will also make a rule appendix...If you get a PI adjustment you MUST use it. My opinion... if you get a positive PI add why wouldn't you use it?
(edit) There is no way to inspect the build of the car except HP/torque and rims which I watch very closely {iphone4 pic}. But if for instance pr0nebird you go back to 590 you are not required to use your prior build. However once you are given an adjustment you cannot change any parts for the following race if your PI is not adjusted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps   Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:18 pm

Admin wrote:
(Should he keep those points? I know he earned them in the GT class and not the GTC class. what do you guys think?)

IMO points earned in one class should NOT carry over. think of it this way, of youre runnin nascar, if you decide to switch from runnin the Nationwide series to runnin the full on nextel cup after the season starts, you start at 0 points in nextel cup. he wasnt racing against us, and his goal wasnt to beat us
Back to top Go down
gdub369

gdub369

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps   Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:45 am

ok thats all fine and dandy but you didnt understand what i said i got a -5 pi adjustment for coming in second and wolf beat me bye 20 something seconds and you still did not give him a pi reduction how come? i was driving my ass off trying to catch him and was not gaining time so i just gave up. in my opinion wolf should be at 590, nothing against you wolf but you got the best car in the series,aka A class "viper", well at least until that guy with the s5 shows up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps   Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 1:26 am

gdub369 wrote:
ok thats all fine and dandy but you didnt understand what i said i got a -5 pi adjustment for coming in second and wolf beat me bye 20 something seconds and you still did not give him a pi reduction how come? i was driving my ass off trying to catch him and was not gaining time so i just gave up. in my opinion wolf should be at 590, nothing against you wolf but you got the best car in the series,aka A class "viper", well at least until that guy with the s5 shows up.

question is, how good is the S5 in race spec, and how good of a driver is he?

and i do agree, IMO when someone slaps around the competition they should get reducted. iberian is 2 close at this point so, next race wold should get deducted. nothin against you wolf, but it makes 0 sense for G-Dub to get deducted for finishing behind you, and you get no adjustment at all. just usin logic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps   Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:15 am

Chenstrap wrote:
Admin wrote:

IMO points earned in one class should NOT carry over. think of it this way, of youre runnin nascar, if you decide to switch from runnin the Nationwide series to runnin the full on nextel cup after the season starts, you start at 0 points in nextel cup. he wasnt racing against us, and his goal wasnt to beat us

that is exactly what i was thinking lol.

on the other topic wolf should get a pi adjustment since he won by so much. it was a great drive wolf but its not really fair to take pi from bird after his great win on the first race and after race #2 you not change anything. even after you win by almost the same distance. this next race is too close for you to change anything now since you prolly have your setup ready we just want it to be looked over by pred.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps   Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:57 pm

Actually I have the fastest car Smile

That's why I was down to 580 at sebring.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: PI management by series admin   Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 1:29 pm

Guys...I want to explain how I come to my numbers.
1. Qualifying times are an indicator usually of potetntial
2. Each Track will favor a different car for sure. ie...Sebring a speed track,Camino more of a handling track that is fast. (this is very important for the very conversation you are all having now.) The Audi is faster in a straight line and can be seen very clearly in all the replays. The Ferrari is quick but is better in the twisty bits...the trick is to find somewhat of a balance to where the speed car is not miles away on the speed tracks and the handling car isn't killing on the corners so much that theres no chance for any non handling car. This is not easy to find. And then with all of that to consider I must consider driver skill. Nothing pro or con against anyone..but i have raced with prone many series and I know for a fact he is one of the quickest like KIR BIMM3R is. So, with this known I not only have to adjust for car I must adjust for driver skill. Example would be hmmmm, myself in my 458 vs my own teamate Cantuone. On average he will have +25 pi and I still usually manage to be quicker then him. What does this say? These are all variables that I have to watch for and try to equalize. NOT EASY...but it seems to always work itself out. I know the stakes are a lil higher this season and everyone is paying more attention but then so am I. In every series real or sim when things are added (like weight) or taken away (like tire size or HP) the driver always complains. It's expected. But somehow that same driver always finds a way to be up front even after his competition adjustments.
3. Then I watch the replays to see consistent lap times, make comparisons, watch telemetry (sandbagger search), watch for actual driver abiltiy...then in the end I have to do my best to equalize everyone after considering all those factors.

Now to talk about I tried hard and I couldn't make ground so I gave up..well...thats your fault. If you watch the replay you were running pretty damn close times. Mistakes gave distance and then no one could make up that space. Last race I was giving 110% to catch Locke I was bustin my hump trying to catch him and I just couldnt make up ground...But I never gave up not even on the last lap. I saw on the replay that he was able to let up on his effort and cruise a bit and let me get close then get back up on it and pull away. This shows an obvious advantage. But then I watch the Sebring race and things were closer so rather than try to do some drastic changes I give a small adjustment because I don't feel its domination but there is an obvious advantage that either he or the car has that I need to just work on just a tad.

I am trying to explain that there is more to it then simply where you finished and how far ahead you were at the end of a race that determines adjustments. MANY MANY Variables come in to play.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps   Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 3 Race 2 Camino Viejo of Montserrat Extreme 37 laps
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2