Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring

Go down 
+25
Raceboy77
Tallon535
cfsnelling
sniper919
jpnvr4
stymer
Jonny Dub 12
the kronicle
Luongo27
snowman529
Red R0tor
Basicblaq
Cia2004
XMan4299
DirtyDawg73
monette92
canu50
SSRT DWilkerson
Basticular
OLDFenderBender
A1M3
Kannibal Fish
Paulinho
Jiomen
Admin/PredatorUSMC
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
XMan4299

XMan4299

Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:43 pm

secondly - I do not hear him denying it at all......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:53 pm

rainmaker2484 wrote:
And no offense to him, he DNQ! There were guys that wanted to get it that race who ATTEMPTED to qualify for the event. So in my opinion, there were a lot of faster cars in a room that they should not have been in IF THEY ATTEMPTED to qualify in the FOUR DAYS that they were given to do so.

I am opinionated! So I am sorry if I offend anyone.

Sorry for being sick as a dog Wednesday through Friday, spending time with the wife on saturday, and working all the way up to 40 minutes before the race. There also was an extra spot in our lobby since we started with 15, so please drop the "but he DNQ'd!!!!" line of thought. Beyond that, faster cars starting in the back for various reasons happen all the time in real racing, and I don't hear the slower guys crying/whining/voicing opinions about it.

As for the situation in question, to me you dropped back 200 to 300 feet in the blink of the eye in a bit of internet fury (lag!!!!). The only way to prevent the situation would be me using my psychic abilities. I really need to work them, sorry for slacking and playing forza instead.

Whose fault the lag was isnt even worth arguing about, since there is no way to know.

Oh and it's hard to talk about it when your on (a much needed) vacation.
Back to top Go down
cfsnelling

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Veevee wrote:
rainmaker2484 wrote:
And no offense to him, he DNQ! There were guys that wanted to get it that race who ATTEMPTED to qualify for the event. So in my opinion, there were a lot of faster cars in a room that they should not have been in IF THEY ATTEMPTED to qualify in the FOUR DAYS that they were given to do so.

Sorry for being sick as a dog Wednesday through Friday, spending time with the wife on saturday, and working all the way up to 40 minutes before the race. There also was an extra spot in our lobby since we started with 15, so please drop the "but he DNQ'd!!!!" line of thought. Beyond that, faster cars starting in the back for various reasons happen all the time in real racing, and I don't hear the slower guys crying/whining/voicing opinions about it.

As for the situation in question, to me you dropped back 200 to 300 feet in the blink of the eye in a bit of internet fury (lag!!!!). The only way to prevent the situation would be me using my psychic abilities. I really need to work them, sorry for slacking and playing forza instead.

Whose fault the lag was isnt even worth arguing about, since there is no way to know.

Looks like we may have a rivalry starting!!!!
Back to top Go down
DirtyDawg73

DirtyDawg73

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:14 pm

Just to interject, but lag at Sebring (or any course) is an issue. Please see the below series of pics from a GT class race at Sebring in FM3:

Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 5584763679_46f8ef6358_z
(Lap 1 of a 30 lap race)

Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 5585355644_7464d598f3_z

Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 5584763889_f9ce33d468_z

(Yes, the only tire touching the ground is the LF)

I was using the controller and I was still sweating and sore by the end of the race.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 6:13 pm

Please gentleman. Relax yourselves. It's a lil early for all that. As I said we can only do the best we can with lag but we cannot control it. And as I said before probation is 'pending' that means we are looking into it. Nothing is decided, and since you are new maybe jpnvr4 you should ask around, I treat EVERYONE the same rookie, vet, friend or non friend. So please let's not insinuate something that you really have no grounds to do so with.

We are talking lag or no lag. Simple.

Now if we want to talk racing and get something going about that then I am all in. I like competitive talk. But the bickering.....nah..it's for the birds. I like to shoot birds. (lol)

So, please enjoy the series, enjoy the racing and lets see what you got on the second half of Sebring! (meant for everyone)
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 6:31 pm

I'll get on those pictures sometime Wednesday (when I have the time to sit down and do it really)
Back to top Go down
Cia2004

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 6:55 pm

sniper919 wrote:
Had a great battle with Cia in the 3rd room. Really great racing for id say 25 laps. Great race guys can't wait for next week!

Awesome battle sniper, just wish I would have not had my mental mistakes and off road mishaps in the first few laps, would have liked to have seen if I had anything for Claude Frollo! What a race Claude

Cia2004
2011 Lexus LF-A
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:26 pm

cfsnelling wrote:
Veevee wrote:
rainmaker2484 wrote:

Looks like we may have a rivalry starting!!!!

Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 2m3mz2d
Back to top Go down
jeckel4438

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:28 pm

thats funny chinstrap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:59 pm

I was already chuckling, but that picture just made me burst into full on laughter over the situation
Back to top Go down
PickNick5

PickNick5

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 12:59 am

jpnvr4 wrote:
PickNick5 wrote:

yeah thats the way i was thinking it happened too. i looked in my mirror and saw jpn coming and there was nothing i could do. but he is right that phenom was lagging. it was really bad

It was that very next lap I got wrecked out on. Now I'm under probation!!!?? really!!!? O.o ... C'mon now ... everyone I've raced with during a practice session can vouch that I'm clean. I passed Phenom clear and got 'lag wrecked'.
I guess its all good and fair until sum 1 ( factory drivers ) get taken out ... bet it'll b a diff story...

i dont think you should be penalized for one simple mistake. i mean yeah im not happy that it kinda screwed my race up but i understand people make mistakes, we all do. if anyone should be penalized it should be those who have extreme lag all race long, and those who constantly create problems for other racers.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/picnickz06
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:32 am

Trying to understand PI adjustments in between what is supposed to be a single race...any help with an explanation?
Back to top Go down
DirtyDawg73

DirtyDawg73

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:38 am

Matthnt wrote:
Trying to understand PI adjustments in between what is supposed to be a single race...any help with an explanation?

My guess is, just to give you a sandy 'gina.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 11:37 am

The purpose of the double Sebring event was to utilize it as an early way to equalize the field a bit better. This way we are more balanced before we get deep into the season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 12:46 pm

I would have suggested a different track if that was your goal. Sebring really isn't going to tell you much about the cars.

Hell you probably learned more in the catalunya race that you will with 2 sebring races.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 12:52 pm

I will also say this...After watching C & D room replays I must say that racers need to race first of all cleaner and respect each other on track. I saw so many bumps, spin outs, unnecessary crashing going on it was pitiful. D room outlap was a cluster bomb. Please room officials explain BEFORE the race begins exactly what an out lap is and how to go about doing it. I am sure that outlap in D room was 3 1/2 minutes long.

I don't want to sacrifice the organization of the series for a larger field. If I see this continue I will begin to prune the field down. Race as a race should be. I understand mistakes happen however, what I saw was just not acceptable.

Thanks,
Admin

Last edited by Admin on Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 12:53 pm

SSRT Pronebird wrote:
I would have suggested a different track if that was your goal. Sebring really isn't going to tell you much about the cars.

Hell you probably learned more in the catalunya race that you will with 2 sebring races.

Sebring is a pretty easy track to drive and tells me about the drivers and their ability, and yes I used the exhibition race at Catalunya also.
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Still think its too early to be giving adjustments.

If anything the people with +20-30pi should get an adjustment downward regardless of "driver skill"
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Done it every season since season 1. PI adjustments are nearly perpetual.
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 1:29 pm

I know I had a bump up on lap one with a viper that lost the rear end. Messed up front aero and then tried to communicate with the faster calls all night. I don't know if you can hear us talking, but aero damage was a big discussion among the room with people losing control. There were a lot of new guys in that room against a lot faster, experienced guys that were in a rush to get to the front from the rear. Dirty dash even told the room in the first few laps that this was a long race, not a sprint. He also tried to get that outlap as organized as possible, but the added cars made it hard for all in room to get situated. It should be better this week, unless lineup changes at the last minute throw it off again. But I will say again that dirty dawg DID try to keep us organized and out of crashes. There were just a few guys getting used to cars in there for him to control them all.
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 5:12 pm

Admin I was wondering if you could explain in better detail how each persons PI adjustment was determined. Ive looked over the offical rules but some clarification of where the numbers come from would be helpful.

Thanks Sniper
Back to top Go down
http://www.realsiticracing.net
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 5:55 pm

It's a little long winded to go over each and every season. But let's just say I look at performance during races, during qualifying, during practice sessions, save replays and watch. put times in a spreadsheet that I have set up ( i had an excel pro set it up for me. I had no idea you could do what she did) from there you have your adjustments. I was a little more aggressive this season with a few of the racers than usual. However, it was a calculated risk. See you on the track.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 6:00 pm

I don't blame the host. Obviously many new racers need to learn the process.
Back to top Go down
Jiomen

Jiomen

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:30 am

Yeah I think by the end of the race, almost everyone in Room D had no aero left. The first 10 laps or so were pretty rough. I think part of it was most of us don't have enough track time in the cars yet. I had about 10 laps total in the Viper before hand, and missed qualifying because of personal things. I was surprised I only nudged one guy and only spun out once the entire race. I did get whacked in the rear twice though. The bad one, I kind of accept as my fault, as I passed a person and then got back into the race line before the braking zone. I should have stayed on the inside to be safe.

I think after 50 laps, everyone should have a much better understanding of their car and what to do and not to do during the race. Of course, I did 45 laps or so with no aero, so I need to get some practice laps in to relearn my actual braking points when I have some speed again!
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:55 am

I was the one that got your rear on that turn. It looked like you tried to come back down right before the turn and double pumped the brake. As you hit it the second time, your back end snapped out and I was already braking behind you. It was more loose rear end or too much front brake that got you really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring    Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 6 Race 1 - 50 Laps of Sebring
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next