Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST

Go down 
+18
Claude Frollo
BIMM3RR
Meyervw
sniper919
KikRox268
o351
DesertDuck 89
XMan4299
Basticular
jpnvr4
Tallon535
jeckel4438
Red R0tor
stymer
SSRT DWilkerson
Jiomen
EXOR Popolac
Admin/PredatorUSMC
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jpnvr4

jpnvr4

Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:32 pm

no excuses ... i got rear ended 1st lap .... no restart .... looses back end ... no points ... NEED STRICTER penalties.. PERIOD
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:33 pm

jpnvr4 wrote:
no excuses ... i got rear ended 1st lap .... no restart .... looses back end ... no points ... NEED STRICTER penalties.. PERIOD

I thought you hit the wall at the start line because you spun out? or at least thats what you said ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:41 pm

jpnvr4 wrote:

you ran into the wall on the outlap leaving the starting grid, you arent getting a restart for that im sorry.

If you got rear ended you didnt mention a restart for at least 3-4 laps. At that point, its to late.
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Damn! Sounds like that lag was not just in room C! I went out of turn 4 and saw flipping cars in my mirror. Was running consistent 2:13 laps until a big wreck around lap 26 or 27. Could be either ones fault, depending on your POV. Moved to let the faster car lap me, but was still running for position with kannibalfish. Came out of short chute and that faster car was two wheels off track. Announced my position and passing direction and went for the pass back, only to have that car tag my rear end, collecting all three of us and essentially end our competitive racing.

Who is supposed to give there? The car off track? Or the car that is racing for position but a lap down? I held my line as I was told to do from now on, and still ended up crashed.

Not complaining. Still ran 2:18's for rest of race with 100% body and aero damage. Could have been worse. Could have been lag flipped!
Back to top Go down
DesertDuck 89

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:04 pm

red rotor wrote:
Well that freacking sucked...got lagged into...AGAIN...this is the second time this has happened to me out of 4 races (both times like my car hit a brick wall going over 100 and get 100% damage)...looks like I won't be anywhere near podium in this series.

Same with me man.. 1st race and again tonight. This one was so bad I had about 1/2 of his cars livery added to my car. I wish there was something that could be done with all these people who have such bad internet problems.
Back to top Go down
jpnvr4

jpnvr4

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Chenstrap wrote:
jpnvr4 wrote:

you ran into the wall on the outlap leaving the starting grid, you arent getting a restart for that im sorry.

If you got rear ended you didnt mention a restart for at least 3-4 laps. At that point, its to late.

yh i hit the wall ... got a minor 9% front .. good enough 2 stay ahead ... and you had said NO more restarts >>> I think I know English well enough to know what that means. ( that's my prob,1 less person for you to worry about ) No big though, the world is round and everyone has their day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:12 pm

Lag was really really bad across the board tonight. Don't know what the deal was.

It would have been a better race without so much lag.

This has come up several times in the past and again here. The PI system isn't working. People can't take corners the way they are supposed to, but because of the rediculous PI their cars make up for the poorer drivers.

Either we need to run race cars with no PI adjustments or something. This isn't working. Time to stop turning a blind eye towards it.

I don't know how many people understand how hard it is. If I missed the apex of a corner by half a car width in one corner that was the difference between a 7.0 and a 7.5 or worse. It makes it so much harder to race around people with so much more car under them.
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:27 pm

Another wow! The pi complaint coming from room a drivers? A lot of the high pi guys STILL run in b and c. That complaint should be for the guys taking that pi and stuffing it all in hp, with nothing in handling parts. Bad tunes will show theirselves under many laps of high speed. Being consistent wins. Don't penalize everyone for a few. That pi argument needs to be looked at with whoever you are talking about. I could blow off a monster clean Lap and race in room a, but I would just be in your way in the long run if I could not keep it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:41 pm

rainmaker2484 wrote:
I could blow off a monster clean Lap and race in room a, but I would just be in your way in the long run if I could not keep it up.

this is the issue, slow guys who can not run consistent getting in the way of the guys who can run consistent.
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:51 pm

My complaint is still about non-qualifiers. They are usually too fast to be in the last room anyway. I know in room C, a lot of good cars were taken out by the non-qualifiers. I heard one name a few times in anger based on the over aggressive nature that they were running to get to the front. I still think that you qualify or you don't race. You got 4 days to do it. There is no way that you are "too busy" in 96 hours! Now - the mentioned driver did not wreck me, but I did witness the style a few times around them. Our two tag alongs in room c were easily a and b room drivers.

I qualify each week, as do 30 other guys. I may not run the fastest, but I EARN my last room spot.

Every week, we all have issues. They are not going to change. Pi adjustments help keep us all competitive with you veterans. Look how close qualifying was this week.

Lag is going to happen. Blame MW3 for slowing down the network. If if happens to you, it could have happened to any if us.

It's in the rules, we have pi adjustments and they will only restart up to a certain lap b/c of lag crashes.

This forum should be a place to help each other out, to talk about good things we do in the races or practices. All we do is COMPLAIN about everything.

If the series becomes a f1 shumacher league (where only a few can win) then many will not run, therefore the series will not grow or succeed. You don't like how a guy drives his line - show him how to do it! Maybe, he does not know. I had to get fenderbender and o351 to help me because you A room guys hardly even talk to the rookies to help us learn - unless they are on your team.

We all want to get better. Maybe we should just all think about it. It's a game. Mistakes happen. Lag happens.

I think I just hit on like 5 subjects there! I must be tired! It's on to mugello! Another track with a LONG high speed straightaway for the high horsepower guys to dominate! So if you thought it was bad this week..... Lol!
Back to top Go down
stymer

stymer

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:54 pm

jeckel4438 wrote:
WOW!!!!!!!! Is all I can say people need to learn there lines. Admin needs to hand out some point deductions this week in loby C.

Sorry, I know there's no excuse for rear-ending somebody like that, I didn't think it was possible to catch you in that turn anyway, so I was driving it in hard. Regardless, I'll take a penalty w/o any argument if the admins think I deserve one, simply b/c I should have pitted once I got damage earlier and that would have been avoidable. Plus, I know how much it sucks to be taken out early.

As for the first incident it was a case of me trying to pass a car that was lagging hard, calling out that I was coming fast on the left, getting cut off, then having him SLAM on his brakes, so I had no hope of avoiding rear-ending him at that distance. Hard to tell what was going on with the lag, but that's what it seemed like to me. Can't put that one on me. Chalk that one up to lag, and possibly a "chatty" room blocking out call-outs.

I understand after rear-ending 2 people that people might have thought I was being a little careless, but trust me, I was being more than cautious after being wrecked the last 2 weeks, only to take somebody else out this week.

Edit: I know I'm definitely not one of the "fast" DNQ's that rainmaker was talking about. Best I could do all week was 2:11.

Last edited by stymer on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:07 pm

Key word - usually. I have been in rooms with DNQ cars three out of four races and they flat out take the other cars out if they are in the way in some instances.

Seen it, had it happen to me and to cars I run with each week. Getting used to running with the same guys most weeks. Maybe we all need to start helping each other more so we can send the A Room guys into the B and C rooms! Technical alliances to get us all better!

By the way - where in ANY other form of racing are you allowed to race without qualifying?
Back to top Go down
o351

o351

PostSubject: Thanks   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:20 pm

Thank-you Again, For putting on this series. Its one of the best out there! ...o3
Back to top Go down
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:26 pm

Well after reading the last few posts the only thing I can agree with is that people who don't qualify shouldn't be able to race, because a lot of the times they are faster than the people in the last room and that causes controversy. The rookie drivers, with the exception of a select few, normally always end up in the last aka slow room and don't really have a problem with it, but I think, and I'm sure someone will probably say something else, but the slower, rookie drivers try to keep pace with the faster drivers that tend to not qualify and they end up running too hard and causing wrecks or losing control of their cars. The PI adjustments aren't the problems, the individual drivers are the problems. I messed up during qualifying and got put in the last room and honestly didn't mind the lil bumps here or there because its all a part of racing, not everyone is going to run perfect lines, and brake perfectly. Plus with the added pressure of trying to prove themselves, gain points in the standings for themselves and for their team if its applicable, will cause stuff like this to happen. You guys wanted a competitive series, well here it is. You got drivers scrapping for position, regardless of how well they may or may not do it is really irrelevant. They're doing what they feel they need to do to gain position. NO RACE WILL EVER BE PERFECT. Adapt, overcome, and adjust fire. Every week after a race there is so much complaining going on, how about helping ppl out. If penalties need to be implied then by all means Admins, but we as drivers need to educate and help the rookie drivers, myself included, on how to perform better during race day. Run more crowded practice rooms, push each other to our limits on the track, or whatever the case may be in order to get as close to that perfect race that everyone wants instead of complaining about it and having no constructive solutions to the problems at all. This can all be corrected on our level as drivers, and if you're not up to that challenge then maybe you should quit and go race some B Class or some other slower lobby style races. Because I know from first hand experience, racing in this series is a complete 180 from racing in lobby rooms and I've been involved in a wreck in 3 out of my 4 races...but surprisingly enough, I've never came on here and complained about any of them...think about that.
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:35 pm

o351 wrote:
Thank-you Again, For putting on this series. Its one of the best out there! ...o3

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realsiticracing.net
Meyervw

Meyervw

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:43 pm

As I stated in my room a BIG thanks to O351 and Pseudo, I think thats how you spell it. Any way they both amongst others have helped me and my car. Today was bad. I lost all my money and cars from Forza. Thanks to O351 I was able to get a car and my tunes to the car. I was going crazy thinking I was out of the race. I have had internet trouble as well all week. At the last minute my system started working and it was race on. I like many others have a full time job and a family. So it is tough to balance life. But I make sure to qualify and practice a bit. The practice rooms are for sure a great help to all who need it. I am new to this and find it most helpful. And because of the help I had the best race tonight that I have had so far.
Back to top Go down
stymer

stymer

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:51 pm

KikRox268 wrote:
Because I know from first hand experience, racing in this series is a complete 180 from racing in lobby rooms and I've been involved in a wreck in 3 out of my 4 races...but surprisingly enough, I've never came on here and complained about any of them...think about that.

Totally agree, just felt like I should give an explanation after getting called out for a penalty like that. If you think a penalty is in order you should just review the replay and PM an Admin and let them deal with it. I've learned pretty quickly that shit happens in this series, especially in the "slow" room.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:32 am

I listen to everything everyone says in EVERY post. PI is a constant state of adjustment for some. For others it will be small increments.

1. There will be a new Rule put into place. If you do not qualify you do not race. That is fair and makes since. There are 4 days to qualify. Plenty of time.

2. I agree there are a few people who have a car that is a bit faster then their driving ability and it does affect the race. However this same fact is true in real racing. I continue to view replays and do what is needed to even things out. What I think is part of the 'problem' is that the racers are so close in times in the rooms the racing ends up being ultra competitive and close. When that happens you have people who feel that they have to make rush passes or take risks and things happen. There was an incident in A room that I feel could have been completely avoided by BOTH drivers. BOTH drivers made errors in judgement and both paid the price. The racing is close, it's going to stay close and hopefully even get closer as cars and drivers get a bit more equal. In the end each driver has to drive with a racers mindset...Yes we all want that position in front of us but if we crash we cant get it, If we take each other out we cant get it. If you crash out where do you finish? We all have to race smarter and cleaner. Aggressive is perfectly fine, but aggressive at the cost of a crash is not necessary.

3. LAG- I cannot control it so I choose not to comment on it other than saying yes it sucks.

4. If you crash by yourself on the outlap or the first lap that is the fault of the driver. As a driver and Admin I feel like if you cannot drive the first lap without spinning out and hitting a wall or something then there is no one to place blame but yourself. The room does not restart for that. Now if there is a major crash on the outlap or 1st lap that is a judgment call by the room host. However, the room cannot be restarted more than a time or two since that is not racing as it should be.

5. I do agree that we all need to help those who need it. Maybe we will have a 'drivers' school for the racers who need it. Driving the proper line at speed and hitting your apex is a learned art. Driving at speed around others and not crashing is something that definitely takes time to learn and do effectively.

We could discuss many things. Bottom line we as racers must simply race cleaner. Replays will be reviewed.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
jeckel4438

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:35 am

Ok ok. This hummors me. As stymer stated. I slowed to fast and he slowed to slow. Hmm. Last time I checked the car infront of you ha the line if it slows sooner than you do you must slow also not to hit them
Back to top Go down
jeckel4438

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:51 am

I also was not complaining. Moreover expressing my voice to admin to look at the tapes. if people are not held accountable for there actions then they will not drive properly. And if you can't Händel being called out grow some skin. It is what it is. Every one tip toes around here called a spade a spade if that's what it is
Back to top Go down
BIMM3RR

BIMM3RR

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:59 am

rainmaker2484 wrote:
Another wow! The pi complaint coming from room a drivers? A lot of the high pi guys STILL run in b and c. That complaint should be for the guys taking that pi and stuffing it all in hp, with nothing in handling parts. Bad tunes will show theirselves under many laps of high speed. Being consistent wins. Don't penalize everyone for a few. That pi argument needs to be looked at with whoever you are talking about. I could blow off a monster clean Lap and race in room a, but I would just be in your way in the long run if I could not keep it up.

This PI argument coming from an A room driver may seem silly to you, but in racing it all comes down to two obvious things, the car and the driver (at least as far as our series is concerned). So when you cannot beat someone else those are the only two things to be analyzed. So if I can take X persons car at the PI they drive it at and beat their best lap time with ease, it's generally safe to assume you are faster than them, so it isn't fun losing to that person. So silly to you rainmaker as a newcomer, but very real to those of us who have been here and are capable of competing for a win right now. The PI talk will go both ways, sometimes you are complaining about the other drivers, other times, the others are complaining about you.

BUT....... The Racing is always fun nonetheless, wish my car got better fuel mileage, definitely messed up my podium chance... Thanks again to my teammate for the boost around the last few corners so i could finish lol!
Back to top Go down
Claude Frollo

Claude Frollo

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:14 am

First, I would like to thank the organizer for giving their time to put this series together. FSCS is hands down the most fun I’ve had racing virtually. This is a labour of love and it shows.

Regarding the issue of DNQs, perhaps a sensible solution to this problem would be to have a separate room comprised exclusively of those who didn’t have the opportunity to qualify. This would isolate performance discrepancies while providing a well-defined separation if further penalties are deemed necessary for the failure to post a qualifying time.

Having said that, addressing specifically those crying foul about their inability to race realistically around other cars, we need to understand and accept the limitations of the virtual environment we race on. The routine comparisons with reality are curiously used to justify aggressive behavior or poor judgment at the track. Unfortunately, in spite of the game's effort to recreate reality, it falls short on several fundamental aspects that limit our ability to take risks without jeopardizing the chances of our peers. Primarily, IMHO, it is the lack of peripheral vision that restricts our ability to securely race next to each other or defend a position. We can only compensate for this vital limitation by allowing our fellow competitors fair opportunities to overtake. This paradigm is particularly important when we knowingly hold back a significantly faster opponent – unwisely feeling entitled to a handful of extra series points. In the larger scheme of things, notwithstanding our egos and airs of grandeur, this should be a friendly competition where gentlemen can meet and measure their mettle without sacrificing each other’s prospects of finishing the race.

Once again, this was another memorable race for the books. My car was a handful forcing me to work the hardest since the series started. My hat goes off to those who showed the sportsmanship that characterizes this series.

Last edited by Claude Frollo on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:24 am

^^^^^^^Completely Agree!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:22 am

NEW SERIES RULE: 4.1E - A racer must qualify to be eligible to race. Racer must have qualified in a sanctioned qualifying room with a series official who will submit a time.

Results from the race are posted.

Series Points are posted.

Team Points Posted.

PI adjustments will not be released until further replay review. However, they will be up by Wednesday.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:26 am

Congratulations to RAFT Hiredgun for his second pole to win of the season! Great run.

Congratulations to Sniper919 for earning the "Hard Charger" Award at Road America by coming from 26th on the grid to finish 9th! Now that is worth those 2 Hard Charger Points!

The points again take another shake up! Stay tuned 'cause there is plenty racing left in this season! We're just gettin' warmed up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST   Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 6 race 4 Road America 45 Laps 11/27 5PM PST
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next