Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

season 9 livery post

Go down 
+35
ClownNinjaUSMC
Maxximilllion
Ezt Gambit
Abramsmech17
EdgeofNerd
Basticular
monette92
Kamikaze1414
TyrannicCymbals
The LSA
kanetrane
Warpig2011
Dr PiiHB
NRG Mitch
Raceboy77
ox FASTLANE xo
Speed Demon 69
IACS VDub
KikRox268
JumpInTheFire88
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
RR Rowdy Burns
sniper919
XMan4299
SSRT_Pronebird
No1 Tommy Smurf
BIMM3RR
SaintedPlacebo4
SSRT DWilkerson
vV Science Vv
Basicblaq
OLDFenderBender
Boostbeef
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Blahzay xxl
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

season 9 livery post - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:37 am

Good looking 458 there. That's an interesting color option for that car. I like that its not the typical red or black.

Just gonna drop my two cents on the wing deal, it is meant to be more production than race and the added aero from a "racing" wing takes you from production to race. It is non adjustable but this spoilers are meant for more touring than production based racing. It gives those available cars a bit of an advantage. Not against it, just saying that if you feel you can't keep up and need an "unfair" advantage, that's your business.

Stirring the pot!
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:43 am

Dr PiiHB wrote:
Good looking 458 there. That's an interesting color option for that car. I like that its not the typical red or black.

Hate to correct you on this but that is a Ferrari Enzo, not a 458 Italia.

but on the bodykit front I do think we should be allowed to fit bodykit's so as long as its not adjustable aerodynamic components.
Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:05 am

Dr PiiHB wrote:

Just gonna drop my two cents on the wing deal, it is meant to be more production than race and the added aero from a "racing" wing takes you from production to race. It is non adjustable but this spoilers are meant for more touring than production based racing. It gives those available cars a bit of an advantage. Not against it, just saying that if you feel you can't keep up and need an "unfair" advantage, that's your business.

Stirring the pot!

First off it's a F60 as stated by Tommy afro , and the only advantage for the non adjustable areo is straight line speed, unless it's the Top Secret body kit, which on some cars does help with the handling characteristics
Back to top Go down
ox FASTLANE xo

PostSubject: ADJUSTABLE AERO   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:15 am

Just my 2 cents.... the non-adjustable wings on some cars will give you loads of downforce, also on the S2000 I've heard,of course could be wrong, that the car still has adjustable aero without using FORZA AERO..again haven't looked at it yet personally.
Back to top Go down
Warpig2011

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:40 am

ox FASTLANE xo wrote:
Just my 2 cents.... the non-adjustable wings on some cars will give you loads of downforce, also on the S2000 I've heard,of course could be wrong, that the car still has adjustable aero without using FORZA AERO..again haven't looked at it yet personally.
its not adjustable there is only the forza wing you can adjust it does help the handling being a performance wing BUT is unadjustable
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:56 am

Will be speaking to other race director. These 'tall' racelike unadjustable wings do give an advantage over the vehicles that do not have an equal option. Hence this is an unfair advantage in ST. This is a loophole in the rule that will MOST LIKELY get closed and clarified. Being that it is so close to the season opener nothing will change prior. However, the loophole will probably be closed first thing Monday.

Admin.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
ox FASTLANE xo

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:00 pm

I wasn't sure about what I heard, you know how people talk... anyway thanks for clearing that for me, at work now and can't see of course. I do think,and again just my opinion, that for ST --- no wings, stock appearance etc would be best for all and even the field accordingly.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Pred there are wings that arent "racelike" that have the same effects as the Top Secret for example. mr2 and the acura integra have regular looking wings that give the same stats. So what you are saying is that if a car's handling is increased by a wing it isnt allowed at all? I could fit the S2k with another wing that boosts its speed as much as it would boost handling. Sorry but plenty of people have chosen cars that have wings (carbon fiber 'racelike' or not) that boost handling. If you are disallowing my wing bc its made out of carbon fiber then i have an issue with this.
Back to top Go down
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:02 pm

So I'm assuming body kits aren't allowed either then, since certain parts do reduce drag and actually increase your P.I although it does make the vehicle heavy, am I correct?
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:06 pm

This should have been clarified before car choices were made.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:16 pm

Body kits etc are fine. Let me dig a little deeper into the issue before any decision or judgement call is given. When I tested I did not add any forza aero but did add the 'factory' wings and body kits to several cars and did not notice a significant advantage.

Admin.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Well there are certian kits that add the same amount of stats (front and rear bumpers) as that wing does. its just like the other wings that have the same stat they just chose a rice'y wing as the model
Back to top Go down
ox FASTLANE xo

PostSubject: WINGS   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Here is maybe a solution to everyones issue, what about the choice of either STOCK aero only or to remove the aero completely. Just a thought Neutral
Back to top Go down
ox FASTLANE xo

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:51 pm

Afterthought here, changes have been made to the cars (GT class) just in the past week that were restricted before and now are not --- at least a week after alot of people chose thier car --- and are now maybe not in the car they would have chosen because of that Neutral
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Why not see how the race goes Sunday and go from there?

The rules clearly state that any non-adjustable areo is legal. Pred already adjusts PI based on performance so why not use Sunday as a test.

I thought you all read the rules?
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:15 pm

I did read the rules, did you not see the debate and the post about him taking action on those wings after the first race?
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:40 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
I did read the rules, did you not see the debate and the post about him taking action on those wings after the first race?

I saw a debate that is clearly answered in the rules. Predator was wondering if he should test and make the adjustment prior to Sundays race. I was stating that he might as well use the Sunday race as the test.
Back to top Go down
ox FASTLANE xo

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:55 pm

I read and understood the rules also -- my question was about the S2000 "rumor" of adjustable non forza aero and the rest of the aero debate followed. This is the one thing though that did catch my eye today and, well goes along with the real life ST class ----

The point of ST is for the cars to remain nearly stock in appearance save for race livery and race tires.

Preds words not mine .

Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:16 pm

If any piece of aero is adjustable, it is not allowed.

1.8 - NO ADJUSTABLE AERO
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Simple answer. Anyone curious to know ... Buy the car and check. If the rumor is true - alert someone and drop from ST. It is not a million dollar car! Buy one and see...
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:27 pm

its not adjustable. pred was saying he didnt like how it looked.
Back to top Go down
ox FASTLANE xo

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Yep Xman thats true --- been at work and unable to check out the S2000. I doubt Sainted is misleading anyone about it, I was just curious as if it was true then it should have been addressed...and like Pred has said some cars do not have the huge wings to add and well frankly that means they "could" be at a disadvantage of those that do --- simply because they do not have the option to have the "wing". I do know that there are cars with non adjustable aero ,although not for the series, that have almost as much downforce as the Forza aero would have.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:43 pm

I would just like to go back and say that I was completely joking if anyone was offended by my statement. They honestly don't make a huge difference overall. My only argument is that this isn't a touring car league. Its more of production touring meaning the cars run NO aero are essentially a street car in appearance. Either way I don't care. I'm happy with getting this class. Lets race!
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:44 pm

A wing does make you faster. Tested one without and with. I was 1.6 seconds faster with wing because my car was under more control in the rear end. Anyone who knows me knows that much difference is a lot withy style.

I vote no wings. I see the advantage.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:16 pm

XMan4299 wrote:
A wing does make you faster. Tested one without and with. I was 1.6 seconds faster with wing because my car was under more control in the rear end. Anyone who knows me knows that much difference is a lot withy style.

I vote no wings. I see the advantage.

There wasnt that kind of advantage with my testing. ar eyou sure that wasnt one car front wheel drive and one rear wheel drive. because fwd is about a second and a half slower.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: season 9 livery post   season 9 livery post - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

season 9 livery post
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next