Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mustang Challenge Series

Go down 
+3
Tachyon Racing
SaintedPlacebo4
Dr PiiHB
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

Mustang Challenge Series Empty
PostSubject: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:43 am

The FR500S Mustang is a race variant of the street Mustang GT. It uses the basic street car as a base and then adds on the appropriate race parts. Many of which can be ordered from FORD Motor Company itself by the general public. The FR500S uses the factory 4.6L V8 from the Mustang GT. By modifying the intake head and running a specially designed X-pipe exhaust after the rear axle while keeping the factory two and a half inch pipe, the engine will now achieve 325hp at the crank, only adding 25 horsepower over the factory engine. It also runs a special flap in the mufflers that open at high pressure for less backpressure and better flow. All of these parts are available for purchase directly from FORD. The transmission is the same as the factory 5-speed but has had the internals replaced for more durability. The ratios are the same as factory. The rear end is replaced with the typical 9” that is used by most ford owners in a racing setup, and is also run by NASCAR in all of their cars. The factory car runs around a 3.50 final drive ratio, but for purposes of this being a video game and having to run the same setup on every track, we will be using a 3.73 final drive. The FR500S also used a slightly shortened final drive instead of the factory gearing. Other than these minor changes to the driveline, FORD has also given this car a fully adjustable suspension, adjustable aero, carbon fiber hood, and runs DOT approved BFGoodrich g-Force R1 racing slicks. Each car is to weigh exactly 3,600lbs with the driver in the seat. The real life series that these cars were built for only ran for a few years. It was incredible to watch if you never got the chance to. You can find videos on youtube if you would like to look some of them up. Since the Mustang Challenge has stopped running, the FR500S now runs in the SCCA World Challenge series but has been altered slightly to meet spec for the series. There are several other variations of the FR series Mustangs available that are run in other racing series world-wide, but we will stick with this variation.

In this series we will be visiting some of the best tracks that the United States, available in Forza Motorsport, has to offer. We will visit the high banks and high speeds of, the slightly less known but much more fun than Daytona, Sunset Speedway, all the way to the heavy braking and ups and downs of Road Atlanta. Running an almost exact build to the FR500S Mustang that was run in the Mustang Challenge Series, we will be driving the purpose built FORZA edition FR500S weighing in at exactly 3,600lbs with a crank twisting 325hp. The cars are all equal and the only difference will be the tune you choose to run. Be sure to pay special attention to the rules section to see what is and is not allowed for your tune. Everyone is in an equal car and has an equal opportunity to win. The racing will be close and tempers will flare, but this promises to be some of the most fun you can have on four wheels. So drivers grab your helmets and meet at the line because it’s time to find out who the fastest driver is in the Mustang Challenge Series!

Rules:
Have fun
Race hard
Car Setup changes- A basic tune will be sent to you upon sign up. Each car will have a final drive of 3.73. This is not to be adjusted for any track. Also the camber will be sent with the front camber at -3.0 degrees and the rear at -1.0 degree. This also is not to be changed for any track. Downforce is up to you what to run but must remain between 100lbs rear and 140lbs rear. Front aero must remain between 80lbs and 100lbs for every track. All other adjustable parts may be adjusted as the driver desires.
Some of the adjustments I can not tell from the replay and some I can. If anyone is caught not running a legal setup, I will look into the matter and if found guilty the driver will be asked to retire from the series. I don’t see this happening I just have to put it in the rules. For the things that I can’t tell from replay I am using the honor system.
Basic rules are expected to be followed- Call out when entering and exiting pits, No “dirty” driving, keep quiet during races.
There will be NO restarts due to careless driving, if you take damage from anything that was not caused directly by lag then you will have to run the full race with damage. Lag incidents will get a restart, and only one. Because of this be sure to play it safe in the opening laps and keep clean, it could be the difference between a podium and a DNF.
If you are involved in an accident call out where you are on the track and make sure the track is clear before re-entering the racing surface. The fault is yours if you re-enter the track and are hit by an approaching car. These cars are 3,600lbs and can’t just snap the wheel to avoid another vehicle.
There are no required pit stops during any event but the pits are always open if you take damage.
Anyone who is involved in an accident must remain in the race until it is complete. If you back out of the race for any reason other than the car has flipped or engine has sustained tremendous damage and you can’t move, you will receive 0 points for that race.
All replays will be reviewed by officials and anyone caught with an illegal build or tune will be approached privately before publicly punished.

Track list
Road Atlanta Full – Grid set to random for start
Laguna Seca Raceway – Reverse points order
Sonoma Raceway NASCAR – Reverse points order
Maple Valley Full – Reverse points order
Sebring Int. Raceway – Reverse points order
Road America – Reverse points order
Sunset Infield – Reverse points order
Twin Ring East Circuit – Reverse points order – Double points race

All races will last approx. 50 minutes and will be one heat.
The full schedule with dates will be released soon along with more information on this series and when it will start. Please post below if you are interested in entering. There will be a couple test sessions before the schedule is announced if you are interested also, just to see how you like the car and the racing. Anyone may enter.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:50 pm

you already know im in. anyone that has doubts ill put up the replay in my storefront. amazing racing.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:53 pm

Thanks sainted. That would be great.
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm interested to check it out. What is the resulting PI range? High B-low A?
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:31 pm

Its a low a class. For the overall weight of the car, it is surprisingly easy to drive. Its not exactly nimble but its very stable.
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Dr PiiHB wrote:
Its a low a class. For the overall weight of the car, it is surprisingly easy to drive. Its not exactly nimble but its very stable.

Cool, look forward to checking it out.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:42 pm

its close racing too, i had trouble chasing clutch down at road america and that rarely happens in the series you know?
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:52 pm

That's why I'm doing this series. Its one thing to blame pi if you lose or say that you're only losing because your car can't keep up. Here its all about skill. A real life build on a real life car with a very limited tuning curve. That leaves it all up to the driver. Hopefully we get a fair amount of drivers and we can prove who is really the best. Let the trash talking commence.
Back to top Go down
The LSA

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:01 pm

IMMA' SKOOOOL Y'ALLLL
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Spec Class highly possible for Season X. Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Peader24

Peader24

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 3:22 pm

I will keep my eye on this event Very Happy .. All depends on day and time and some settings..
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
Spec Class highly possible for Season X. Stay tuned!

.... is GS GT nad ST going to be around... because i *really* *really* like ST and GS.... emphasis on ST even more than GS
Back to top Go down
The LSA

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Nah. He's doing away with the whole shebang and is starting from scratch.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Haha that would be hilarious lsa. GT and GS will be here for sure. Pretty sure ST will stay also, it is very popular. Its worth keeping an eye on I think.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Dr PiiHB wrote:
Haha that would be hilarious lsa. GT and GS will be here for sure. Pretty sure ST will stay also, it is very popular. Its worth keeping an eye on I think.
I wouldnt say redo from scratch but its possible he could be like you knwo let say GX in stead and change it up bout yay much lolol. but im more concerned about ST... i likes it better than all the others... if only i could use a 911... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:35 pm

GT stays.
GS stays.
ST stays.
Spec Class (if incorporated) will run multiclass in ST Lobby.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Test lobby will be held tomorrow evening starting at 8pm eastern. Anyone is welcome. Simply ask for build and abide by tune parameters and we can do some testing at a couple tracks.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:56 pm

GT stays.
GS stays.
ST stays.

Hmmm interesting... Although i do like the whole 16 car field.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:56 am

Sorry to have left this just sitting so long. This race will be held. I am currently out of town but I will be back with more info early next week.
Back to top Go down
The LSA

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:39 pm

GT stays.
GS stays.
ST stays.

lol I think we should run the R1 class with the ST cars. Mayhem much?
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:29 am

Sorry about the delay guys. I was puting in time at the ring. Looks like it paid off. Anyways, now that there is a break in the action, I will be running some extended test sessions on Wednesday night I would like to see a large turn out. No need to sign up, just post here that you would like to run and I'll be sure to get you a car. No special paint or anything for this, its just a test and tune. More details on full series to come.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:33 pm

Im in if i can make it
Back to top Go down
Polycyclic

Polycyclic

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Dr PiiHB wrote:
Sorry about the delay guys. I was puting in time at the ring. Looks like it paid off. Anyways, now that there is a break in the action, I will be running some extended test sessions on Wednesday night I would like to see a large turn out. No need to sign up, just post here that you would like to run and I'll be sure to get you a car. No special paint or anything for this, its just a test and tune. More details on full series to come.

I guess it's good that i didn't want do to anything or go out Wednesday night... :/
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Polycyclic wrote:
Dr PiiHB wrote:

I guess it's good that i didn't want do to anything or go out Wednesday night... :/

Tough titties. Run with us. We will go out afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Polycyclic

Polycyclic

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:49 pm

Dr PiiHB wrote:

Tough titties. Run with us. We will go out afterwards.

Nah, Imma find a new date. sorry. xoxo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Challenge Series   Mustang Challenge Series Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mustang Challenge Series
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next