Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RESTART POLL SEASON X

Go down 
+12
Raceboy77
Dr PiiHB
Basicblaq
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Zed 0 Sick
KikRox268
SaintedPlacebo4
Hiredgun308
No1 Tommy Smurf
Ruptured Duck77
Zenrad
Admin/PredatorUSMC
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

RESTART POLL SEASON X
No Restarts - clear lag incident only
RESTART POLL SEASON X I_vote_lcap43%RESTART POLL SEASON X I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 12 ]
1 minute deadline
RESTART POLL SEASON X I_vote_lcap25%RESTART POLL SEASON X I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 7 ]
Keep current 3 restart max system
RESTART POLL SEASON X I_vote_lcap32%RESTART POLL SEASON X I_vote_rcap
 32% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

RESTART POLL SEASON X Empty
PostSubject: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:40 pm

As always we try to blur the lines between realism and sim here with the Forza Sports Car Series. We have traditionally allowed restarts for various reasons. Maybe it's time we took the next step to realism.

Please vote.

The no restarts rule would be absolute save for a CLEAR lag incident that occurs within 1 minute of the start.

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Thu May 23, 2013 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:44 pm

1 minute from the start being 1 min after the race starts or 1 min after the GT/GS go go go?
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:48 pm

Hmmm, so we would need to clarify this. Probably institute further rules and clarification.
If we go to the 1 minute rule it would be 1 minute from the GO GO GO. However if the need for a restart is created before the actual start of the race the driver or drivers who cause the need will start at the back of the pack. ALL THE WAY IN THE BACK. If it's a GT car that car will now start from BEHIND the GS field.
Back to top Go down
Zenrad

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:51 pm

I still say do a lap and a half run or so on a handful of tracks, get the average time, and use that one time for every track. Once it hits that time on the race timer there are no restarts.
Back to top Go down
Ruptured Duck77

Ruptured Duck77

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:58 pm

I never really thought this would be so well looked into. Pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:59 pm

Me personally I would say no restarts unless lag occurs or the following

GT/GS
4 or more vehicles involved during 1st lap or 2 minutes for longer races like Le Mans or Nurburgring

ST/SPEC CLASS
8 or more vehicles (if its multiclass 4 vehicles depending on spread) involved during 1st lap or 2 minutes for longer races like Le Mans or Nurburgring.

REASON
amount affected - I believe restarts should be only considered when 50% of a car class is involved in major contact (like a pile up), because it ruins such a large amount of drivers in a class, whereas the current system restarts occur when it only affects the few.

realism - from what I know a large amount of races series only allow restarts when a large amount of the field are involved in contact not just a minority (I would count 50% of a class in lobby as a majority)

the time limit for longer laps should be already in place in my opinion, considering its hard to say when a restart is allowed or not with a 8 minute lap when the traditional lap is around the 2 minute mark roughly. I know we had restarts at the nurburgring roughly half way through the lap, which is technically one lap but its more than just one lap if it was not such a long circuit.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:05 pm

The time limit would be a standard 1 minute dead and clear. It is simple and definitive.

I think this makes/forces drivers to drive more sensibly instead of trying moves they otherwise would not if they knew they had no re-start cushion to fall back on.

This will make a driver race like the consequences of his actions will be final. I am 100% support of this or the No restarts save for lag created need.

Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:37 pm

You can't include lag restart with a no restart rule. Everyone will say it was lag no matter what if they get damage. If I hit someone from behind and don't get damage and he does he is going to say it was lag. By putting a lag restart only just puts a grey area in the rule. The whole reason this all started was because a car got damage and said it was lag which very well may have been on his screen but on someone else screen it didn't look that way and it usually don't. There needs to be no grey area for the rule to work.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:47 pm

Zero tolerance will never work Hired. Sorry but you are wrong. Want examples? look at how well zero tolerance works in real life, they dont. it makes a mockery of logic and reason. Now that doesnt mean Im on the side of restarts... but it does mean that i am for one concerned about being bunched up with someone lagging. If we go the extra step to have zero restarts for anything i say no mics either if thats how "real" we want to take it to.
Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:55 pm

There is a lot of things zero tolerance that work fine and there is a reason for the zero tolerance there is no grey area that way. I'm fine with the no mic I have no problem with that at all.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Hiredgun308 wrote:
There is a lot of things zero tolerance that work fine and there is a reason for the zero tolerance there is no grey area that way. I'm fine with the no mic I have no problem with that at all.

lol. yeah thats why zero tolerance polices work great Rolling Eyes . to stop this from divulge from a racing thread to a political thread ill leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:57 pm

We are not talking politics. (Great win & NCAA Championship Louisville) We are talking racing. IRL there can only be a Zero tolerance policy because the damage is real and cannot be 'reset'. That is a 'luxury' or 'crutch' [depending on how you look at it] that is available to us here in the sim world. Lag is real and can and does affect a race at times.
I understand your point piredhun on the zero tolerance but I don't honestly think we can go that finite on this rule if implemented.

Back to top Go down
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Honestly I see it both ways as far as Hired and Sainted are concerned. I feel that a no restart rule should be in affect for multiple reasons.

1.) As stated above, it will make drivers think before they act, which is beneficial to all racers in all classes. (I'm also hoping this stops people from dive bombing corners, "missing their breaking marker", and to actually pay attention to what's happening in front of them. (I don't know how many times someone's been hit and you hear, "Oh my bad, I didn't see that you were braking"...come on now.

2.) It will make it more realistic. Look at many races and race series' throughout the years, where someone had a race in the bag, or a championship for that matter in the bag then it all was ruined by an early mistake or crash.

3.) I think it'll actually make the racing closer as far as points go. I mean, your lead guy(and not to jinx anyone) but Raceboy for example, he's on pole, speeding away from the pack, gets caught up in traffic, someone makes a bad call now he's damaged and may not win that race. Obviously that's not always going to happen but just a thought.

And as far as the whole lag incident thing, I agree but then again I don't. This comes down the the honesty and integrity of the drivers. Also, it doesn't put a limit on it. Lap 49 out of 50, someone lags into the lead car, they're gonna want a restart...should they get it???? Secondly, like stated above, what if it wasn't lag??? How do you know, you can't save the replay if you quit out of the race. Not saying that the drivers here are blatant liars, but its human nature to take any small advantage we can...even in video games.

If there is going to be any rule change, whatever it is, it should be finite. No room for misconception or mistaken understanding. No grey areas. It's strict yes and even I'm not 100% about it, but I feel that whatever needs to be done should be done and there should be no wiggle room about it, and obviously if you don't like the rule then you don't have to race. But then again, you join racing series' that not only give you good competition, but also gives you the most realistic racing enviornment possible...
Back to top Go down
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:05 pm

Oh...and I voted for the 1 minute restart time, as long as it starts from the time "GO GO GO" is called, and theorectically on most tracks that's going to give you 1/2 a lap up to a whole lap of "no holds barred" racing, after that you're out of luck.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:17 pm

Eh. In real life they have different issues to address. They dont have lag issues that we have in the game just like we dont have issues they have in real life. i dont know.
Back to top Go down
Zed 0 Sick

Zed 0 Sick

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:36 am

(Remembers the 8 restarts at Sebring during season 6) I'm fine with the no restart policy but it needs to be honored by everyone so that people won't scream out IT WAS LAG
Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:21 am

Zed 0 Sick wrote:
(Remembers the 8 restarts at Sebring during season 6) I'm fine with the no restart policy but it needs to be honored by everyone so that people won't scream out IT WAS LAG

How are you going to prove it wasn't or was.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 12:13 pm

the builds/car difference in either class within it self adds to the NECESSITY of flexability with restarts
....no restart 1 sec delay standing
would be the only way i voted to not have them for this league....

i currently race in 1 with no restarts but locked builds with no mics and its damb near perfect....
but for my vote its NEIN to prop."0"
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:39 pm

I think from when the GS car say Go Go Go.. There should be no restarts....if U want to make it a real sim like feeling ..then no restarts period...Lets do it like the real boys do..race with the damage LOL
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:43 pm

Basicblaq wrote:
I think from when the GS car say Go Go Go.. There should be no restarts....if U want to make it a real sim like feeling ..then no restarts period...Lets do it like the real boys do..race with the damage LOL

If we go this real with it, we might as well consider lag to be mechanical failure. Even if it happens at the very beginning. That Boo boo happens for real.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:49 pm

Dr PiiHB wrote:
Basicblaq wrote:

If we go this real with it, we might as well consider lag to be mechanical failure. Even if it happens at the very beginning. That Boo boo happens for real.

it does. I was thinking about that the ther night. lag=mech failure and lag out (not to own room but completely)= blown motor. as long as i look at it that way i guess im okay with it.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:51 pm

Its about as close to sim as we can get. I would be okay with it. It would suck but it would also make things more interesting points wise.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:52 pm

Dr PiiHB wrote:
Its about as close to sim as we can get. I would be okay with it. It would suck but it would also make things more interesting points wise.

you swung me. little more scared but eh oh well.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:54 pm

i vote 2 minute deadline along with a max of 3 within that deadline.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:57 pm

If we are going to be as sim as possible I am all for no restarts and whatever happens happens. That's sim baby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RESTART POLL SEASON X   RESTART POLL SEASON X Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RESTART POLL SEASON X
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next