Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences

Go down 
+9
AAR WolfPack
Ruptured Duck77
Dr PiiHB
Raceboy77
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
killerz2801
No1 Tommy Smurf
Hiredgun308
Kamikaze1414
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:43 pm

Always great and always entertaining!
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:46 pm

great read again kamikaze
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 4:02 am

I guess you guys can call this your early morning breakfast read. Sorry for the delay, but here is this week's Post-Race Press Conference.

--------------------------------------------------

Moderator: "I would like to welcome both reporters and racers to the post-race press conference at Sedona Raceway Park. Today was an exciting and good day of racing... Um, it seems that we are actually missing ST winner, Matthnt. Well, we will give him a couple of minutes to show up. In the mean time to get things rolling, reporters, hit the other drivers with some questions."

Reporter 1: "Since Matthnt is not here to comment on his victory, I would like to get your opinion on this week's loss, Raceboy77. You and SVT No Brakes both showed a little concern last week with Sedona, which has seemed to pan out today. With your team not winning a race for the first time, are there any concerns that are being brought up?"

Raceboy77: "I'm not worrying at all and I don't believe No Brakes is either. We still had strong finishes and look forward to continuing to win and or finish in high up every race."

Reporter 2: "Are you surprised that you could barely hold on to a top three and that SVT No Brakes did not make the top five?"

Raceboy77: "Not at all. The competition was stiff, especially with those monster Mustangs flying past on every straight. I was happy to finish where I did."

Reporter 2: "What about you, SVT No Brakes? Will you be able to make up for your sixth place run today at Hockenheimring next week?"

SVT No Brakes: "I hope I do better at Hock', I won there last year and I hope I can win there again."

Reporter 3: "Do you two think that with the surprising finish of h4yes01, a relatively unknown competitor, and RAFT Stan returning, that there will be other names other than your own populating the top spots in ST?"

Raceboy77: "I believe we will. With how fast those guys' cars are, there's no way we won't see them with good finishes more often."

SVT No Brakes: "I agree."

Reporter 4: "EZT Sabre, if my stats are correct, today marks your first win in the Forza Sports Car Series. Despite not starting at Sebring, you have proven to be a top notch competitor here in the series. How much of today's win was due to the momentum that you have been gaining in the past few weeks versus the skill you have and the car you drive?"

EZT Sabre: "Road Atlanta was a nightmare for me, but ever since qualifying at the Alps there was a momentum swing; I have grown exceptionally fond of the car and the set-ups the crew chief has made for me are top notch, all of which helped me win today."

Reporter 5: "With this week's win, you are climbing the standings in the Rookie of the Season challenge. Will you be able to pull ahead by the half-way point?"

EZT Sabre: "That would be great if it happened, but I know LMR Posimosh is a very consistent driver and it is going to be hard to pull up some points on him without more high place finishes."

Reporter 6: "SaintedPlacebo4, you were one of the drivers EZT Sabre passed on his way to victory. Despite being able to put out the top qualifying time, you seemed to have hit a wall, metaphorically speaking, in the race and fell back to third. What happened?"

SaintedPlacebo4: "I ran my times. I never ran over a 2:19.600. The timing stations out there showed that the Saleens were running eighteen flats and one even had a clear split for a seventeen. That's not something I could hit. What you saw as my qual time was where I'm maxed out at during the race. Anything short of the Alps and they will pull away as they are fast guys."

Reporter 7: "It seems like this week is the week of first wins as you, No1 Tommy Smurf, have also claimed your first victory, correct?"

No1 Tommy Smurf: "This, actually, is not my first win of Forza Sports Car Series. My previous win was at Laguna Seca in GS last season, but it is the first for GT. It feels great to have won in GT."

Reporter 7: "Oh, my mistake.

No1 Tommy Smurf: "No problem. It feels amazing to win in GT, especially winning in a tight race between myself and Raceboy with Pred gaining on both of us fast. It is definitely a win I will not forget any time soon especially against such tight competition from start to finish."

Reporter 8: No1 Tommy Smurf, and EZT Sabre if you would like to weigh in on this, what were you guys thinking as you crossed the line with the checkered flag in sight and the rest of the field behind you?"

No1 Tommy Smurf: "What was going through my mind after crossing the line was a combination of relief and joy getting across the line first and then it sinking in that you actually won a race in your first season in GT which, I do confess, I did not believe I could do in my first season."

EZT Sabre: "When I crossed the line I was ecstatic, but it was a shame not to be on the podium with my teammate, who lost the lead from some heavy contact with another car. Who came third again?

Reporter 8: "That would be SaintedPlacebo4."

EZT Sabre: "That would explain why whenever I looked over my shoulder on the podium I couldn’t even see the top of his head."

SaintedPlacebo4: "Great. Here come the short jokes again..."

Reporter 9: "Short jokes aside, you, Raceboy77, did come up short in picking up the victory here at Sedona. Are you happy with the performance after what was a poor finish in your books, or are you happy to have gotten what you did this weekend?"

Raceboy77: "After taking some damage and almost being run down, I'm quite happy with my finish. I think I could have given a better run for the win but ultimately, I'm happy with it."

Reporter 10: "As for the third place finisher in GT, PredatorUSMC, you have been doing consistently well week after week with no finishes outside of the top three. Is that enough to keep up with Raceboy77 and possibly pass him for the points lead or do you think that you will need to win a race or two to accomplish that?"

PredatorUSMC: "Man, to be honest I don't think it will be enough without a win. I have to find a way to get a win or two and that should be enough to make it very close and interesting. I will tell you that he won't be able to relax come Nurburgring like he was able to last season, you can bet your bippy on that one!"

Raceboy77: "Bippy?"

PredatorUSMC: "It's a saying."

Raceboy77: "Are you sure?"

PredatorUSMC: "Yes?"

Raceboy77: "I see."

Reporter 11: "Moving on with more talk about points, I would like to take a look at the close points race in the ST class. SVT No Brakes, Raceboy77, do you think it has become a three horse race in ST between you two and Matthnt or is there a possibility of other drivers joining the mix?"

SVT No Brakes: "I believe this has become a three horse race and if one driver misses one race or does poorly, then it will quickly become a two horse race."

Raceboy77: "You never know what can happen in this series, one bad race or mechanical failure and you can be kissing your championship hopes goodbye. I would be surprised if no one else joins us in the race for the championship, though."

Reporter 12: "SaintedPlacebo4, PredatorUSMC, No1 Tommy Smurf, you three are amongst some of the closer competitors that can catch the ST top three. Any chance that you can do that or has your focus already shifted towards GT/GS?

SaintedPlacebo4: "I try my best in each class, but in ST the car fell off a cliff after race control decided that the SC was a no go. I'll do what I can in it but we will see how it goes. GS is my focus at this point because I feel competitive in that class."

PredatorUSMC: "Oh, there is plenty of race left in myself and my BMW M1. We are still so early in the season that the championship picture can change very quickly. Me and my lil M are up for the battles to come."

No1 Tommy Smurf: "I have prioritised GT over ST, because I am doing very well in GT so far. In ST, I have had technical issues early on, making it extremely unlikely to get myself into a position to challenge for a decent position in the championship regardless of how well I do from now on."

Reporter 13: "What about you, Raceboy77? Which class have you put more work into since you have a good chance in both GT, where you are leading, and ST, where you are in a close second to win either or both championships?

Raceboy77: "I'm trying to balance my focus to account for the battles in each class. They're both tough classes and even tougher battles each race in order to finish up front."

Reporter 14: "Is there any worry about Nordkurve, or turn one, at Hockenheimring this weekend, a site that has been notorious for ruining a driver's day and handing out time penalties?"

SaintedPlacebo4: "I will say that this week's race will be under close watch by, what I hear, is a newly assembled team of race officials, consisting of former drivers. I will assume that a total of five pairs of eyes watching the racing and will provide a much more comprehensive post race review."

No1 Tommy Smurf: "Personally, I will be shocked if I receive any penalties in GT for that corner, because my Maserati can carry greater speeds through that corner than most GT cars due to its high speed stability. That is, unless I have avoidable contact with another driver in the corner. ST, however, I would not say it was impossible to get penalties or have issues in turn one, but will not know until near the time."

EZT Sabre: "It is an important corner to get right as you can lose half a second if you run wide, some drivers are going to risk it and I see the stewards punishing a couple others for cutting that same corner."

SVT No Brakes: "I'm sure someone will go wide everytime and get a time penalty."

Raceboy77: "I agree. I think there may be a few penalties, but I don't think many will come from cutting the corner."

PredatorUSMC: "Hockenheimring is a great racetrack and each time I have raced there it's been interesting. I expect nothing less this time around. Hockenheimring is known for surprises. There may be some this weekend, especially in regards to penalties."

Reporter 15: "Speaking of the track as a whole, who has the advantage? Faster and more agile cars, or cars with more handling and down force?"

PredatorUSMC: "I think Hockenheimring is maybe just a bit skewed toward speed but not so much that the handling cars are at much of a disadvantage. The driver will make all the difference."

No1 Tommy Smurf: "I would be pleasantly surprised if any of the handling focused cars such as my Maserati can make up enough in the corners to compensate for the straights. Being behind a speed focused car on the Parabolika will cause the handling focused cars even more problems as the speed cars cannot make the turns as quickly as we can."

SVT No Brakes: "Speed cars have the advantage. I don't see a handling car winning the race."

Raceboy77: "Right. Speed cars will have the advantage, and although the handling cars will catch up in the last half of the track, the speed cars will be able to hold their position most of the time until the straights where they will leave the others in the dust. I know I'm going to have a hell of a hard time keeping up."

PredatorUSMC: "For the most part I agree. I think Hockenheimring is maybe just a bit skewed toward speed but not so much that the handling cars are at much of a disadvantage. The driver will make all the difference."

SaintedPlacebo4: In GS, I feel it is a bit a little different. It is all about acceleration. You can survive in this class with good acceleration. I have that, but this track hasnt always been kind to me despite my love for the flow."

EZT Sabre: "Overall, The speed cars should have this track I think, especially under race conditions because it is much harder to overtake in the stadium section than the long straights."

Moderator: With that, I believe we are out of time. It is a shame that Matthnt was not able to join us today as I am sure some of you reporters out there wanted to pick his brain about some of the events that occurred this weekend in the ST and GS races. Hopefully he will be able to join us next week as we head off to Germany for the Hockenheimring. See you there and auf wiedersehen... I hope I said that correctly..."
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 8:21 am

the buzz is out there 15 differnt reporters showed up to the media room last week!!!

N.S.A. WOULD LIKE TO CONGRATULATE ALL THE PODIUM DRIVERS!!!

AND WOULD LIKE TO THANK KAMIKAZE FOR KNOCKING THESE POST RACE NEWS CONFRENCE's OUT OF THE PARK cheers great read bud!!!
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Sorry for the long absence of the Post-Race Conferences. The Post-Race Conference from Le Mans will be up after tonight's race.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:09 pm

Moderator: "Welcome to another Post-Race Press Conference. We are here at the famous Circuit de la Sarthe in Le Mans, France where the racers have just finished up a grueling endurance race at this great circuit. Since we are behind schedule, we can go ahead with the questions to make sure we get this in on time. Now without further ado, let us begin."

Reporter 1: "Looks like today was another day of firsts as you, Kamikaze1414, and CitizenS0ldier3 both earned your first career victories. Kamikaze1414, if I may start with you, you have been racing in the Forza Sports Car Series for three seasons now and only last race at Le Mans did you secure your first victory. Tell us, how does it feel to finally get that first win?"

Kamikaze1414: "It feels good. I didn't expect it to come this season or next. I was actually expecting to switch to the generation five cars before I was going to be competitive."

Reporter 2: "Clearly your generation four car is quite fast already. What made your Porsche so fast today?"

Kamikaze1414: "Just a combination of the horsepower and the Mulsanne Straight really allowed me to break away from the pack. That was where I had the advantage since my Porsche does not handle as well as the Ferrari's through the Porsche Curves, ironically enough."

Reporter 3: "Hey CitizenS0ldier3, do not think we have forgotten about you. We all noticed that amazing jump off of the line in the ST race. Was that just good timing, good luck, or did ROSCOEpCOTRAIN miss the starting light?"

CitizenS0ldier3: "I honestly think he lifted thinking that he would reel me back in not knowing how much speed my car had. It would have been hard to pass him if he got in front of me. The clean track and air was the main factor in getting away."

Reporter 3: "How hard were you pushing to get away? For a good portion of the race, he was almost right behind you through every portion of the track."

CitizenS0ldier3: "I was pushing as fast as I could. Once we reached about lap five, I drove easier as the gap increased."

Reporter 4: "What about you Matthnt. You got off the line in third and could see both ROSCOEpCOTRAIN and CitizenS0ldier3 ahead of you. Did you push hard or just aimed for being consistent with both Raceboy77 and SVT No Brakes mired in the pack?"

Matthnt: "I had planned to just run my race no matter where I was in the field. I had no chance of catching Roscoe unless he made a mistake. He never made a big enough one for me to close the gap."

Reporter 5: "That makes sense as you are trying to defend the lead in the championship running. Actually, you are defending in both ST and GS. With both classes of drivers biting at your heels, which one is harder to defend at this point?"

Matthnt: "Both championships are going to be equally difficult to stay on top of. It's going to be close all the way until the end."

Reporter 6: "And CitizenS0ldier3, with this win, you seemed to have jumped back into the championship mix in ST. Do you feel that's the case or are you just going for victories at this point and not really focusing on the championship picture?"

CitizenS0ldier3: "Getting a top ten and top five in points was our main goal. Getting a win was our second goal. If we keep the pace were at, and we know we're going to have to fight at Catalunya, we are going to catch those leaders by seasons end. I'm in it, they better watch out."

Reporter 6: "Strong words for you, Matthnt. Anything to say to that?"

Matthnt: "I will defend the lead until the end."

Reporter 7: "Now to the other class that Matthnt has a lead in, the Grand Sport class. EZT Sabre, you got a good qualifying effort in but you let slip the lead to your teammate DTM Sn1p3r. What happened out there?"

EZT Sabre: "It was team orders."

Reporter 7: "Really?"

EZT Sabre: "No. But seriously, my car got some front bumper damage from scraping the barrier out of the esses. Sniper was fast and consistent enough to capitalize on that."

Reporter 7: "That would explain it."

Reporter 8: "And that brings us to the class winner, DTM Sn1p3r. How in the world did you manage to pass four other drivers, especially these guys?"

DTM Sn1p3r: "The two chicanes on the back straight. I found a new way to take them to gain more time."

Reporter 9: "I think someone asked this earlier to CitizenS0ldier3, but I would like to know this from you as well. Do you have any championship aspirations from this win or are you just going week to week looking for wins?"

DTM Sn1p3r: "I'm focused on the championship because now I have a chance to come back."

Reporter 10: "I guess while we are still talking about the championship picture in each class, let us talk about the GT picture. Kamikaze1414, with the win and a place inside the top five, are you thinking more wins down the line and possibly a run at the championship?"

Kamikaze1414: "Maybe. The goal for this season was a top five, so as long as I keep doing what I'm doing, our team can reach that goal. Maybe even grab another win, but it's going to be hard to get around the top guns in GT."

Reporter 11: "PredatorUSMC, you just heard what Kamikaze1414 had to say about his championship outlook. With him and other contenders on your heel as well as Raceboy77 still ahead of you, what are you going to do to keep them off of you?"

PredatorUSMC: "I can't have any more poor performances like Hockenheimring that's for sure. I have to find a way to get a win and finish in front of Raceboy77 a couple of times. It's not going to be easy but I am ready for the fights and battles to come."

Reporter 12: "Well, I am sure that was not easy, especially since you had a tough battle against the fellow Ferrari drivers, including Raceboy77. How did you manage to get around them after twenty-five laps of grueling effort?"

PredatorUSMC: "Well, jpnVR4 made a first lap error going off track in Indianapolis and Arnage corners so I got by as well as much of the field. It was actually R3troD that for the first few laps I was fighting with. His Ferrari is deadly quick on the straights but once I figured out where he would go wide I got by and never saw him again. The battle with the 77 Ferrari lasted the entire race. It was intense to say the least. Raceboy77 got by me or next to me a couple of times I was able to quickly regain the position but I couldn't let up as he never seemed to leave my rear bumper. I honestly can't remember pushing so hard to hold a position."

Reporter 12: "I'm sure if he were here today, he would agree."

Reporter 13: "Well, after going from a speed-focused track to a handling circuit, I am sure you are much happier about that. Will there be a need to make drastic changes to outfit your cars for Circuit de Catalunya?"

PredatorUSMC: "Well, the adjustments will be in the aero and spring package of the car. The important thing at Catalunya is hitting your marks and apexes. That will be the difference here. Consistency is key."

EZT Sabre: "Right. It shouldn't be too bad for us with the Saleen's acceleration. We'll just crank the aero up as well."

DTM Sn1p3r: "The set up actually mirrors the one we used at Laguna Seca."

CitizenS0ldier3: "Our ST car changes a lot from track to track. Considering most of the car is stock there's only four things I can change on it so I have to work hard to make it go fast. Its hard to keep up with the track changes. MY GT car was okay at Le Mans, it was probably a fifth place car had I not wrecked. It has a fetish for Catalunya though. It likes this track."

Kamikaze1414: "The Porsche is quite the opposite. Great at Le Mans but a lot of changes will have to be made to make it remotely competitive at Catalunya.

Matthnt: "No adjustments from me. The team has to change the setup on the GS car but the ST car is nearly perfect. Catalunya is one of my favorite tracks and I'm looking to do well here. Any less than a podium will be disappointing."

Reporter 14: "And what about looking past Catalunya to the second half of the season?"

Matthnt: "I'm looking to extend my points lead. Any extra points I can gain now will pay off at the end of the season."

EZT Sabre: "We are looking to improve our position as a team, but I am interested in how ST is going to pan out."

CitizenS0ldier3: "I am going to be watching those front three point leaders in ST."

DTM Sn1p3r: "Mostly looking forward to Indianapolis, Road America, and the Twin Ring Motegi during the second half."

PredatorUSMC: "And don't forget good racing."

Kamikaze1414: "No, we can't. It will be close all around."

Moderator: "Thank you drivers for your time today. Good luck next week at Catalunya. It will be a close race, to be sure."
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:06 pm

Moderator: "Welcome everyone to Nurburg, Germany. Here we are with last week's podium finishers to get a quick word with them before the racing action starts here today. Without further ado, reporters, fire away."

Reporter 1: "I am going to start with last week's dual winner, Matthnt. Matthnt, as the leader in GS and ST, how important was it to start off the second half of the season with wins in both categories?"

Matthnt: "It's not too important to win straight away. Consistent finishes are what I'm hoping to achieve."

Reporter 1: "It is still hard to deny that it helped. Either way, which race was harder to win?"

Matthnt: "They were both equally hard. Having to fight off an over aggressive PredatorUSMC and coming through the GS field were both tough. Silverstone always has tough races."

Reporter 2: "To go to CitizenS0ldier3, you did not have too shabby of a race either. With a win two week's ago at Catalunya marking your first GT victory of your Forza Sports Car Series career and another win this week making it back to back, tell us, how much did traffic play a part in the win?"

CitizenS0ldier3: "The traffic did help, although I was going to short pit to get some open track in front of me on the lap the incident occurred."

Reporter 3: "Do you think you could have caught PredatorUSMC without the GS traffic?"

CitizenS0ldier3: "Most definitely. I was right behind him just focused on not hitting him and waiting to pit. I lost ground on one lap but got it back in two laps. The car was fast. If I tried to get by him in the corners he would pull me down the straights but If I could of got clear I could have drove off little by little."

Reporter 4: "After the start, you got out ahead of CitizenS0ldier3 early. Did that have to do more with the standing start, a rarity for the Forza Sports Car Series, or was the Predatory Racing 458 Italia just that fast?"

PredatorUSMC: "The Ferrari is better off of a standing start than the Corvette. My plan was to make sure I got a clean start with a clean line into Turn One which is what I did and it worked out."

Reporter 3: "Would you like to comment about the GS traffic that played a part in the race outcome?"

PredatorUSMC: "At the start I almost got mugged by a Lambo and a Porsche. They both got beside be going into Turn One but the 458 is such a great car under braking and into the corners I was able to carry a bit more speed in and hold my line and come out in front."

Reporter 3: "What about the GS traffic?"

PredatorUSMC: "There is nothing to say about that."

Reporter 3: "I see."

Reporter 5: "Speaking of the Porsche, Kamikaze1414, real quick, how did you manage to fend off the Ferrari of Sgt Tethras, who finished right on your tail?"

Kamikaze1414: "I had a good practice after qualifying and picked up a little bit in terms of time. I just kept the car consistent through the race and got a little lucky to hold on, truthfully."

Reporter 6: "PredatorUSMC, I would like to go back to you real quick. You also had a fast day in the ST field, getting past RAFT Stan who was fighting a little trouble all day and Raceboy77, who started from the pits. Are you still in contention to take two championship trophies or is GT where your head is solely focused?"

PredatorUSMC: "I am absolutely thrilled to be in the GT Points lead! It is such a competitive field that each race has several who could come out and win races. As a whole though, I am not really thinking about the championship. My goal remains to come out each race and perform and get the best finish I am able to get. No excuses no compromises."

Reporter 7: "You had a similar situation to PredatorUSMC with dealing with traffic. After starting on the pole in GS, you ended up slipping down to third. Was that due to the GT cars having issues getting around you or were the Ford GT's of Never Lift Racing just that good out there?"

DTM Sn1p3r: "The Ford GT was fast and more consistent than the Saleen, but I don't think the GT cars having issues on the battle."

Reporter 8: "Matthnt, what is your take? Do you think that you could have caught DTM Sn1p3r without the GT traffic?"

Matthnt: "Caught Sn1p3r, yes. It's a lot easier to catch up to someone but getting passed is a different story. The main reason I got by my teammates and DTM Sn1p3r was down to my pit strategy. I knew when the GT field was going to catch up and I waited until then to pit. If I would have pitted even two laps earlier the race might have been different."

Reporter 9: "With you and DTM Sn1p3r being the two highest finishing drivers for your respective teams, how close will the Team Championship picture look like toward the end of the season?"

Matthnt: "It's going to be a close Team Championship. I see it coming down the finale."

DTM Sn1p3r: "I'm more focused on the individual championship, not the Team Championship."

Reporter 10: Looking forward today, what should we expect going into Turn One, lap one?"

CitizenS0ldier3: "What? The Mickey Mouse turn? Ya. That turn is just goofy and there's really no proper way to take it. Turn one will be a mess for sure."

Matthnt: "I hope not! It's a tight corner and it would be best if cooler heads prevailed and people wait to make their moves until later in the race."

PredatorUSMC: "I am going to do my best to come out unscathed!"

DTM Sn1p3r: "Surely, there will be an accident."

Kamikaze1414: "I hope this is not the case, but I can't see anything but a wreck happening, either. We just have to be careful."

Reporter 11: "Does any car have a specific advantage around Nurburgring's Grand Prix Circuit, or is this track fairly well-rounded?"

PredatorUSMC: "Clearly the front straight and the back straight is where the speedier cars will shine just a bit more. But Nurburgring Grand Prix is such a balanced track that it's gonna be a see saw battle of give and take. I am just surprised that more of those C6R Corvettes are not having a better showing. The field was flooded with them early in the season. Now there are maybe three that show."

CitizenS0ldier3: "I agree. This track is a mix of both. The first and second sector will be handling, part of the second will be straight line speed and the third sector is 90% speed."

Matthnt: "I don't quite feel the same way. This isn't a speed track. The speed cars should have some trouble all over the track. Maybe with their acceleration out of the corners the speed cars can hold the others at bay for a short time."

Moderator: "Thank you drivers. We are going to try this new format for the next few weeks, so good luck out there and we will see you guys in two weeks at the Brickyard."
Back to top Go down
Rocbotm

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 9:51 pm

Thanks for that it was a good read and had some good info for the amateurs. So with that I hope I can do what was said and run with it, thanks guys see you all on the track.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:20 am

Great read as always.  Not real sure where Matthnt got the over aggressive thought from?!  I was inches from his bumper for more than ten laps racing him hard and clean.  1 corner and a lap to go I made an aggressive move to try and get by. I dove inside and shot a gap. We banged doors both got a bit loose and we raced on with me not getting the position and the next lap finishing right on his bumper.  Sorry but it's the last lap of the race and things can get a bit more pushy especially since I had been trying to find a good place to make a move.  That's not over aggressive at all.  But it was a hell of a battle Matthnt.

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:04 pm

When have our opinions on how events went down ever been the same? lol! 
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:36 pm

Matthnt wrote:
When have our opinions on how events went down ever been the same? lol! 
True that. However, I did not touch you at all prior to that attempt last lap.
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:04 pm

What I said in the interview was never about your car making contact with mine.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 4:49 pm

Moderator: "Welcome back drivers. With the week off, we are still here at the Nurburgring Grand Prix Circuit to take the questions that our reporters enjoy giving. There was a lot of good racing here at the track and I am sure these reporters are ready to fire away, so without further ado, let us begin."

Reporter 1: "jpnVR4, you have been close on many occasions to claiming a win this season, in both GT and ST. Is this due to a slow start or just the level of competition?"

jpnVR4: "A little of both. I've been finding my rhythm late in most races. But I cant take it away from any of the drivers, the level of competition is very high."

Reporter 2: "How much did Raceboy77 starting from the pits help you take the win in ST?"

jpnVR4: "I'm not sure really. I mean Racebot, as we like to call him for his robot-like consistency, has a way of turning it up a level when he's being chased down and not having me pushing him by being on his bumper could have been a factor. But also history shows that I won this event last season. I really like this track strangely enough."

Reporter 3: "This is for Matthnt. You had a good race in ST and of course you took the race win in GS. Is this going along with the consistency plan that you spoke of last week?"

Matthnt: "Well, yeah. Anything in the top five and I'm happy. Podiums and victories are, of course, even better, especially for the team."

Reporter 4: "Were you expecting to take the win in GS with your fourth place start?"

Matthnt: "I was expecting a hard race where passing would be premium. Starting from fourth I anticipated maybe sliding onto the bottom step of the podium but no higher. Victories have been at a premium for me this season. I messed up at Road Atlanta and couldn't cash in a certain win there and finishing second at the Alps after leading for much of the race was also disappointing. I'll take as many as I can get."

Reporter 5: "Speaking of the GS race, I would like to ask you, DTM Sn1p3r, about the contact you had with Hiredgun308. Despite the contact, you still managed a podium run, but do you think that without the contact, you could have contended for the win?"

DTM Sn1p3r: "I don't know because the Ford GT was very fast and put a lot of pressure on me."

Reporter 5: "For these past two races, you have been close to getting the win. Where are we going to see you take the top spot like you did earlier in the season for three straight weeks?"

DTM Sn1p3r: "Indianapolis and Road America are going to be good for the Saleen. Expect me to do well, if not win, there."

Reporter 6: "bigdutyDMomoney, this is the second time, if the record shows correctly, that you have placed on the podium. Was it perseverance that got you there or did you try a new tactic that put you into the last podium spot?"

bigdutyDMomoney: "Tactics and perseverance definitely sum up what made this race different for me. I think I timed my pit stop better than I ever have before. The GT leaders were literally passing for the first time as I was in the pit entrance. Even though I was just slightly off my qualifying pace until the very last lap of the race, I knew if I could stay consistent I could probably hold my spot. There were also some very fast drivers ahead of me who had to run into trouble for me to secure a podium position."

Reporter 6: "Will you use this as a launching point for the rest of the season to hopefully pick up some more podium spots, and even possibly a win?"

bigdutyDMomoney: "I certainly hope so. This is actually my very first podium finish. I've been oh so close multiple times, but never quite made it. I definitely plan to use what I learned here at future events, so maybe it will pay off again. At this point, I count a podium finish as a success, but that doesn't mean I won't give it everything I've got to go for a win. In addition to the tactics and perseverance, I feel like this track taught me a lot about tuning our Corvettes which should translate to other tracks as well."

Reporter 7: "There was certainly good racing out there. Raceboy77, Kamikaze1414, you both showed that as well in the GT class. You were both running one-two, just like at Hockenheimring, but with a much closer gap and smaller margin for error. Were you two pushing each other hard trying to battle for the top spot?"

Raceboy77: "I think, for the most part, we were pushing each other to separate from the pack. As the race went on, we started battling each other a little more."

Kamikaze1414: "That was pretty much the case. Once we put a good distance from the rest of the field, we started putting more pressure on each other."

Reporter 8: "It seems you have really found something in that Target sponsored Porsche. You really took the fight to Raceboy77 at Nurburgring Grand Prix by coming away with a very close second. What have you done differently to cause this mid season surge?"

Kamikaze1414: "The tuning has finally come into place. Being a one car operation has been a slight disadvantage when it comes to getting crucial tuning information. I also feel that spending time with the leading group has also helped to improve my racing line, allowing me to pick up some time and some speed in some of the trickier corners."

Reporter 9: "Raceboy77, jpnVR4, you both finished first and third, respectively, this last weekend pulling in closer to Predatory Racing in the Team Championship. With six races to go, how much time is your team spending together to get the tunes right and to get your team ahead?"

Raceboy77: "I'm not doing much practice, other things have taken my attention. I thought the Team Championship was out of reach for us after our awful run at Catalunya but looking at the points now, we may still have a shot. We'll probably start working a bit harder because of that fact."

jpnVR4: "We hardly prepare for races. Most tunes are already on and need minor tweaks for different tracks. As far as practice, most times we get all out track time the day before the race. Let us be clear though, we are serious and will be trying to get that Team Championship that has eluded us so many seasons."

Reporter 9: "And what about Predatory Racing, PredatorUSMC? It seems your team has been having a bit of trouble as of late posting good finishes."

PredatorUSMC: "I wouldn't say a fifth was all that bad for the #54 Ferrari 458 Italia. As for my teammates, well hannibaljazz98 is a multi-talented guy who had an out of town softball tournament the same weekend of the race. So after taking second in that tourney he got back to track with just enough time to grid up and race. That lack of pre-race prep was detrimental and he didn't do well. As for Lukemade9999 I am not real sure. Sometimes he is hit and miss. Luke is pretty much a loner on the team with minimal communication each week."

Reporter 10: "Speaking of the championship picture, Matthnt, do you think anyone can catch you in either class with your consistent performance as of late?"

Matthnt: "For sure, there's always the possibility of an accident with another car or a solo accident. I don't think I have either championship 'in the bag'. It's going to be tough to stay ahead."

Reporter 10: "And what about you, Raceboy77? Think you could catch him before the Nurburgring season finale?"

Raceboy77: "I don't think I'll be able to make up the gap in ST even though it's a small one. I've been doing the best I can with my car and I don't think I can keep up with Matt on a regular occasion, never mind Nurburging where he shines."

Reporter 11: "And before we move on, what do you think of the championship picture in GT, PredatorUSMC? What worries you about the upcoming six races?"

PredatorUSMC: "I have no real worries. I think Raceboy77 is going to be back at his best each week so I will not have a moment to not do the same. That Porsche of Kamikaze1414 seems to get stronger each week so I have no intentions of going easy. I have already had the car at Indy for several private practice sessions and a few with a small group of other FSCS racers. I feel good and the car is strong so I will be taking the fight to them."

Reporter 12: "For our three class winners, do you guys feel that this week off will hurt the momentum that you have gained from your wins?"

jpnVR4: "I'm not too worried. I need the time to refocus, so I welcome it."

Matthnt: "Same. I'm not worried."

Raceboy77: "Not at all, I've got a lot to catch up and I'm not slowing down any time soon."

Reporter 13: "With this week off, drivers, are you guys doing a lot of prep work or mostly taking it easy?"

DTM Sn1p3r: "I haven't decided yet."

jpnVR4: "I'm takin' a break with my family. I think I deserve it."

Raceboy77: "Definitely relaxing this weekend. I'll be loving the time off and spending it wisely."

Matthnt: "I'll be recouping, hanging out with friends I haven't seen in a while."

PredatorUSMC: "Like I said before, we've gone back and forth to Indy multiple times already testing the car out."

bigdutyDMomoney: "We will probably spend more time at Indianapolis than most tracks because of the week-off but I don't think I will be that much better prepared. After a certain point, practice only helps retention, and can actually hurt if you don't keep pushing the car."

Moderator: "Thank you drivers for taking the time do answer these questions, especially those who have been traveling back and forth from Indianapolis Motor Speedway to here in Nurburg, Germany. Use this break well drivers, as the next stretch of the Forza Sports Car Series will be a tough one. Good luck at Indianapolis."
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 5:18 am

With five races left, I thought I would toss in something different this week. Let me know what you think and know that the normal interviews will be back after race eleven.

--------------------------------------------------

Five more races to go. It does not seem possible that another season has nearly come and gone. For some, it feels too short. The time has gone by, and with it, opportunity. For others, it feels too long. Everything is slowing down, torturing the driver and reminding them that every twitch, every mistake, is costing them and putting their goals and dreams that much farther away. With Season 10 winding down, where are you?

It seems hard to believe that Season 10 started back in April with the Forza Sports Car Series seasonal opener at Sebring. What seemed like a fresh start back then was just another chance for everyone to have a make or break season. Sebring defines this series and distinguishes between the serious and the pretenders.

That is not to say that other tracks on the schedule do not do the same. We have been to four other circuits within the United States and six scattered all over Europe. Each one with its own unique personality, each with a defining trait that tests another characteristic of a driver. With each week passing, drivers are reminded to be patient, be consistent, and above all else, be courteous. These traits define drivers and were put to the test week after week. And it is not over yet. There is still more time for a driver to learn, more time for a driver to break.

Looking back, the races were not easy. To say they were would be a slap in the face of any driver who took on these tracks. Each track showed that there was a champion in every driver, in some shape or fashion. It showed that those who were willing to stick it out as best as they could were rewarded. We have seen newcomers to the sport show off their skills as they make a name for themselves among series veterans. We have seen veterans improve and surprise many. The unique thing about the Forza Sports Car Series is that some stars are born, some come into existence overnight, and some are created through the close and feverish racing that this series is known for.

So as we roll into the last few races, whether you are thinking about points or redemption, keep this in mind. At the end of the season, there may only be one champion, but for those who kept at it week to week, through the highs and the lows, everyone is a winner. It takes a lot to still be here this many races down the line, but for those who race through the finale in Nurburg, Germany, it will be a journey that will allow you to say that you are among the elite.

Race hard drivers. Show that you push it every week and the proof that you are among the best will follow.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Moderator: "Welcome, everyone, to Road America. We are here this week with last week's winners and podium finishers to get their reactions to their race last week as well as some news that shocked some of our racers. So with that, reporters, fire away."

Reporter 1: "The big news this week is that you, Raceboy77, will be missing out the rest of the season. Despite the importance of why you are missing the races, how much do you wish you could continue?"

Raceboy77: "About as much as I wish I could cuddle a kitty. It's a shame and I wish I could continue but it's not practical at the moment. I hate to give the championship hopes away but it has to be done."

Reporter 2: "Does winning both the ST and GT races last week lessen the blow of missing out the final few races, and a shot at the championship?"

Raceboy77: "Not at all. If anything, it makes the blow worse since I was getting even closer to those championships with the wins."

Moderator: "Well, it goes without saying that you will be missed for the remainder of this season. Good luck to your endeavors and hopefully we will see you back soon."

Raceboy77: "Thanks."

Reporter 3: "Now back to the ST race, could you, Matthnt, or PredatorUSMC tell us what happened, or did not happen in the race last week? It seemed pretty tame, especially considering that the top three drivers finished where they started."

Raceboy77: "There was some bumping going on behind us which allowed us to break free a little bit but we did have some battling between each other which got sorted out and we took off."

Matthnt: "That's right. I was just trying to stay ahead of Raceboy after I made it through the first turn in the lead I knew he was the only one who could catch me. He made a great pass on the brakes to get by me on the second lap and we just left everyone else."

PredatorUSMC: "I think the first few laps everyone shuffled around. I had gotten to second quickly but a small mistake and I fell to seventh or eighth early. I fought back and was able to get to third but Matthnt and Raceboy77 had pulled away and I was never able to close the gap."

Reporter 4: "Well, I guess that race was more exciting than we initially thought. But one race that was in close contention the whole race was the GT battle for first. Raceboy77, you and CitizenS0ldier3 mixed it up quite a lot. How difficult was it to keep him off of you knowing that a small error would be the difference between first and second?"

Raceboy77: "It was very difficult but also great fun, driving on the edge of my seat knowing either I have to drive my a-- off to keep up or I have to drive my a-- off to keep ahead. It was an awesome and very clean race."

Reporter 4: "And what about you CitizenS0ldier3? How frustrating is it to have had such a good car at Mugello only to fall short by such a close margin?"

CitizenS0ldier3: "It would have been more frustrating if I had not won a couple races this season. The pressure was off to get my first win so it was fun."

Reporter 5: "Anything you could have done differently to get the win away from Raceboy77?"

CitizenS0ldier3: "I was a smidge quicker and ran him down, but I could not pass him. I pitted early and got clean track and when we cycled out I was the leader. I was slower for some reason when I was leading, maybe because there was no carrot to chase. I screwed up with eight laps to go and he got by. I picked up the pace and battled him but his horsepower was too much. I made an attempt to pass in the last turn of lap fifty but he threw a block and I got into his back bumper about sending him around, even though I slammed the brakes. I need to learn to be more aggressive, that's what I could of done to change the outcome."

Reporter 6: "The GT battle was good, but I think the GS race has a good story line as well. Matthnt, we know that SaintedPlacebo4 had to start off the grid, but how hard did you have to push to ensure that SaintedPlacebo4 could not catch and pass you?"

Matthnt: "It was a good race and I just had to keep pushing until the checkers fell."

Reporter 6: "SaintedPlacebo4, how hard did you have to push to make up for lost ground in the GS race?"

SaintedPlacebo4: "Much, much harder. The traffic can be really bad."

Reporter 7: "Do you think you could have won the race if you had started on the grid?"

SaintedPlacebo4: "There's always a chance. I ran solid and that's what I wanted."

Reporter 8: "Hiredgun308, you finished third in the race last week, and once again battling with the Team Harley Davidson drivers. How much fun, or how much of a challenge, is racing close with them every week?"

Hiredgun308: "It's a challenge, he has so much power versus my car abd he gets out on the straights. It's tough to get race him."

Reporter 9: "Racing this close, especially with drivers that are neck and neck with your teammate, Matthnt, in the championship picture must be interesting. Are there any team orders that you take to help Matthnt out during the race?"

Hiredgun308: "If there is a way that I can help and it doesn't effect my race or anyone else's then yea, I'll help. It may be as simple as pitting early to give him clean track or warning that a group of GT drivers are coming and to pit. He does the same for me that's why our team is a front runner every season."

Reporter 10: "Sgt Tethras, you are a name that may not be familiar to the sport, but you have raced in the series before. How does it feel to be back on the podium after so many weeks of trying to get back to form?"

Sgt Tethras: "Yeah, it feels pretty good to be racing again. As far as the podium win, in my eyes it wasn't a true podium due to certain events that happened between two other racers for this one. I consider a win, a true win, when it is duly earned by skillfully passing and out racing your opponent. When I raced in the series before I was using a setup that I was more comfortable with. So, I guess I am okay with the results so far.. Comfort issues and acclimating to the new setup in the car will pose a challenge to allowing for hard and consistent racing."

Moderator: "Last question, if you do not mind, reporters. The drivers will be getting on the track soon for the race today."

Reporter 11: "Quick championship question for Matthnt and PredatorUSMC. With the championship points seemingly out of the reach of the other drivers, are you guys going to dial it back and coast to the finish or try to push even harder?"

Matthnt: "With Raceboy having to leave the series right at the end I don't see anyone in the ST who can outscore me enough to take the title away. The GS class will be different. DTM Sniper is a quick driver who has won most of the races so far this season. I think he can win at Road America and Motegi. Camino and Nurburgring will decide the championship. I've never raced against Sniper at The Ring so I'm not sure who will have the advantage there but it is one of my best tracks. Definitely a two horse race in GS between Sniper and myself."

PredatorUSMC: "In ST, the fat lady ain't singing yet. She may be warming up, but I have four more races to put my best foot forward. Still here and Never Quit! As for GT, I am not sure what points your lookin' at buddy. One bad race in GT and everything could go to the pot. I will do what I expect every racer in Predatory Racing to do, try my best and to get a win."

Moderator: "Thank you drivers for taking the time out to answer questions. Good luck out on the track today, drive safe, and we will see you next week in Spain."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2