Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tuning for Indy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sgt Tethras

Tuning for Indy Empty
PostSubject: Tuning for Indy   Tuning for Indy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 am

Anybody have a clue on working out the tire temp. I have been trying to follow preds guide but I guess its just this track. The right handers outnumber the left handers by a significant margin and my left outside tire temp goes through the roof after a few laps no matter what I do. Any help/tips would be appreciated. First time racing this track competitively.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

Tuning for Indy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning for Indy   Tuning for Indy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 9:45 am

Sgt Tethras wrote:
Anybody have a clue on working out the tire temp.  I have been trying to follow preds guide but I guess its just this track.  The right handers outnumber the left handers by a significant margin and my left outside tire temp goes through the roof after a few laps no matter what I do.  Any help/tips would be appreciated.  First time racing this track competitively.

the front left on some cars gets lit up. You could go for a set up that gives you the most left side tire grip since those tires are getting the most work out. Try playing with your roll bars though. That can work out some of your issue.
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

Tuning for Indy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning for Indy   Tuning for Indy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Easiest thing to do would be increase the negative camber if its only the outside of the tires. If its only the front or rear, decrease the anti-roll bar on that end.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

Tuning for Indy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning for Indy   Tuning for Indy Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 3:08 pm

5 second tune and go for it.
Back to top Go down
Sgt Tethras

Tuning for Indy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning for Indy   Tuning for Indy Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Raceboy77 wrote:

Huh?
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

Tuning for Indy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning for Indy   Tuning for Indy Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:57 pm

Sgt Tethras wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:

Huh?
That's what I do lol
Back to top Go down
MTBVator

Tuning for Indy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning for Indy   Tuning for Indy Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:23 am

Stiffer spring rate on the affected end, with softer roll bars on the same end.  Should allow the inside tire to take more load (ARB softer). And maintain desired camber with the stiffer spring rates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tuning for Indy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning for Indy   Tuning for Indy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tuning for Indy
Page 1 of 1