Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FM5 trouble

Go down 
+17
Raceboy77
Dr PiiHB
o351
MTBVator
Maxximilllion
Tetsukitsune
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
AAR WolfPack
SaintedPlacebo4
No1 Tommy Smurf
NSA Roca
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Blahzay xxl
Tachyon Racing
KICKROCKS29
Old King
AAR GTDon
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Uh oh!  Forums are on fire everywhere today about the lack of cars and tracks for FM5. Looks like T10 has done it again and gone in a direction no one was asking for. Only 200 cars, and half the tracks. Road America, gone.  The Ring, gone. Infineon, gone. Suzuka, gone.  Sunset, gone. Just to name a few. Bummer.

Sounds like T10 put all their limited time and effort into a very nice single player type hot lap version of Forza in a nut shell.  No new race innovations or improvements either.  Just lots of auotvista and drivatar cloud talk, and that's about it.  A lot of people cancelling their orders now.

Many are saying that FM5 was too rushed by M$ and that because it is a ground up overhaul of the game, it could only be so big.  People are saying it is more of a preview for a bigger and better version of what is to come with FM6. Sort of like GT5 is for GT6.  Call it FM6 beta. lol
Back to top Go down
Old King

Old King

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:32 pm

Pray for free track DLC.
Back to top Go down
KICKROCKS29

KICKROCKS29

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:40 pm

I wasn't gonna say it but... I told ya so! haha thats why I'm not buying it. It will most likely be a hocked up version of need for speed mixed with pgr and a forza drive type if your lucky (I mean come on, they really think that Horizon was a success!!!). Look at the guys making the game, they know nothing about cars or racing... It's a shame. But that's what the people wanted right? Oh we need a flag system, we need our pit crew to move around and change tires, we need the bugs to splatter on the windshield when we hit them... not we really need a better cockpit view, better tuning capabilities, better telemetry, open tuning lobbies, Realistic weight changes to the car as tires and fuel burn off... It's a damn shame, I won't wast my money. My XBOX1 money will be going into my race car. T10 can keep it...
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:59 pm

No Nordschleife?!??! I am canceling for sure now. Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 6:40 pm

y'all are foolish man that game in the works for yrs...more than likely it will be track and car packs like befor...
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 7:09 pm

Blahzay xxl wrote:
y'all are foolish man that game in the works for yrs...more than likely it will be track and car packs like befor...
That's the exact problem - it's becoming more and more that way.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 8:00 pm

Man who cares you buy every map pack for wack az call of duty and battlefield....you waste money on alot of things daily.....be glad your not playing  Iracing you pay for just about everything.....If I didnt buy as much junkfood and pop... everyday I could have bought a new vette but im not complaining lol.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Blahzay xxl wrote:
It may be a little too early to get upset about this I agree, but T10 has a history of not listening to their most devoted fans, and even doing the opposite of what they ask for. For example no one, and I mean no one gives a crap about autovista, it is the least thing in Forza 4.  Look at your own minutes spent there, and you'll find you have almost no time there compared to all the other areas of the game, areas that are far more important.  

So what does T10 do?  Instead of trashing it, they pull an Obama and double down on the loser. They think that the reason it wasn't popular is that there just weren't enough cars to look at I guess. lol 

In the interview below it's funny to see a somewhat tired looking and slightly frustrated Dan Greenawalt talk about what he feels is more important than anything in FM5, and that is  the Drivatar Cloud feature and how people haven't really been "getting it." lol  

Dan, get this, no one asked for a Drivatar, they asked for some basic racing features and functional upgrades.  Even his racing lingo indicates he doesn't know racing very well when he describes how a drivatar will learn such tactics as, "check braking." lol  Don't you mean brake checking Dan? lol 

Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:55 am

I still say wait and see. That's when we will know what tracks are actually in the game. THAT's when we will KNOW what cars are in the game. Until then...chitter chatter blah blah etc etc. I give them the benefit of the doubt until then.

EDIT IN:
I had not gone and researched all the chitter chatter when I posted the above message.
No ring? nahhh that can't be? 1/2 the cars....nahhhh can't be. Less tracks...nahhh can't be. This is Forza 5 on the XBOX One riiiiiight? How do you get more while getting less. I hope turn 10 did not figure out how to work out this equation!
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 2:31 am

Based on recent 'reveals' [Laughingly so] I am not so sure what to do as the FSCS moves toward the future. I was excited of the possibilities that FM5 and XB1 would deliver. It seems we have a better looking Forza but a less racer friendly FM5.  Less cars SMH, Less tracks SMH, the Ring gone BIG WTF SMH, did we get to tune our cars in an online lobby? How about decide if we want a full tank, 1/2 tank or just a splash of gas during a pit stop, how about take 2 tires instead of 4?  How about fix damage while in the pits? How about a fully animated pit crew...we didn't even get an increase in lobby size.  Feeling quite disparaged right now.
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 7:01 am

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
Based on recent 'reveals' [Laughingly so] I am not so sure what to do as the FSCS moves toward the future. I was excited of the possibilities that FM5 and XB1 would deliver. It seems we have a better looking Forza but a less racer friendly FM5.  Less cars SMH, Less tracks SMH, the Ring gone BIG WTF SMH, did we get to tune our cars in an online lobby? How about decide if we want a full tank, 1/2 tank or just a splash of gas during a pit stop, how about take 2 tires instead of 4?  How about fix damage while in the pits? How about a fully animated pit crew...we didn't even get an increase in lobby size.  Feeling quite disparaged right now.
Amazing how much you changed your tune (pun intended Razz ) in the course of 2 back-to-back posts.... Sadly, I think we're all coming to the same feeling.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 7:04 am

Then there is the wheel issue too. But there's a solution out there , it's called Project Cars. Looks better than FM5, is all about racing, my wheel works with it, and it doesn't cost me $500.00.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 8:16 am

AAR GTDon wrote:
Then there is the wheel issue too. But there's a solution out there , it's called Project Cars. Looks better than FM5, is all about racing, my wheel works with it, and it doesn't cost me $500.00.
Check that, I guess I will have to get an Xbone, Project Cars announced a delay so they could switch to the new box.

Take a look at this trailer and tell me if it isn't just like FM5 but better? All race cars, day night cycles, rain, and greater car and track detail.  It really does look as if the community built the game, because they did. lol  Turn 10 could learn something here.

Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 8:40 am

AAR GTDon wrote:
AAR GTDon wrote:
Check that, I guess I will have to get an Xbone, Project Cars announced a delay so they could switch to the new box.

Take a look at this trailer and tell me if it isn't just like FM5 but better? All race cars, day night cycles, rain, and greater car and track detail.  It really does look as if the community built the game, because they did. lol  Turn 10 could learn something here.
Wow, that almost looks too good to be true....  I'd heard of this game before but had never looked into it - looks like a definite alternative to FM5.
Back to top Go down
NSA Roca

NSA Roca

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:57 pm

Wow this game looks great. I hate to say it but from what ive been reading Porjects Cars will be a better game. I don't know a whole lot about FM5 and Cars but FM5 looks to be losing in my opinion. Just saying racing at night in the rain at the ring if its in the game not sure would be AWESOME. Its stupid how they took tracks and cars out of FM5. I say we give a new game a chance. I mean why play the crapper game?
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 2:14 pm

NSA Roca wrote:
Wow this game looks great. I hate to say it but from what ive been reading Porjects Cars will be a better game. I don't know a whole lot about FM5 and Cars but FM5 looks to be losing in my opinion. Just saying racing at night in the rain at the ring if its in the game not sure would be AWESOME. Its stupid how they took tracks and cars out of FM5. I say we give a new game a chance. I mean why play the crapper game?
Agreed.  Would happily live with fewer cars in a game with all the extra [meaningful] bells and whistles Project CARS looks to offer. Was stoked to see in that clip an M1 in proper Procar kit - that alone is a win in my book. Cool 
Back to top Go down
KICKROCKS29

KICKROCKS29

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 3:34 pm

I gotta say project cars looks pretty cool but from what I can tell, they were all spec races featured here. Is that what it is? You can't race multiple cars against each other? Even so it is probably a better game than fm5 seeing the depth of the field.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 4:06 pm

a UK car magazine (evo magazine) some reason from what I heard on the Forza forum hinted that in January the nurburgring will be available as DLC but sounds like it won't be part of the season pass (season pass is just for cars from what I know)

If this is true certain tracks will make a return as paid dlc (guess it depends on which tracks people are wanting etc)

Last edited by No1 Tommy Smurf on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 4:20 pm

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
a UK car magazine (eve magazine) some reason from what I heard on the Forza forum hinted that in January the nurburgring will be available as DLC but sounds like it won't be part of the season pass (season pass is just for cars from what I know)

If this is true certain tracks will make a return as paid dlc (guess it depends on which tracks people are wanting etc)
Don't find that surprising at all.  And would not be surprised if ultimately the Ring, Road America, Suzuka all find their way back into play via DLC down the road.  The problem is that these have been mainstay tracks of the Forza series, and to be taking them out of the stock game [along with several others and a boatload of cars], without a corresponding drop in price, seems like a big middle finger to the consumer.  I may well pick up FM5 down the road used, if the cars and tracks I want to be racing on/driving find their way back into play, and once the XB1 price comes down - but I no longer see the need to drop $600 right now to play this game, when FM4 offers a much better variety.

If they were to change the model and say you get the game engine for $20-30 and then everything else is a la carte, that would be easier to take.  This trend of getting less for more is difficult to accept....
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Read everything about Forza Motorsport 5 Here:   http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1/6260803/ShowThread.aspx

I have been pretty active over on the FM5 forums. In the end I feel what I feel about what I expected. I did go to GameStop this morning with the intention to cancel my FM5 pre-order. Couldn't do it. SO, I will get it and I am sure I will enjoy it. My question is will it have the same replay value with so much content lost at initial release.  I am not too difficult to please when it comes to most things. But the racing better be good, the damage better be enhanced/improved, the tire wear better be more accurate. I guess pit strategy is still a no go. Or maybe it will be if tire wear is accurate.  Still plenty of things to wait and see in action.  Still excited just not nearly as much anticipation as before.
Back to top Go down
NSA Roca

NSA Roca

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 8:17 am

Read everything about Forza Motorsport 5 Here:   http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1/6260803/ShowThread.aspx

I have been pretty active over on the FM5 forums. In the end I feel what I feel about what I expected. I did go to GameStop this morning with the intention to cancel my FM5 pre-order. Couldn't do it. SO, I will get it and I am sure I will enjoy it. My question is will it have the same replay value with so much content lost at initial release.  I am not too difficult to please when it comes to most things. But the racing better be good, the damage better be enhanced/improved, the tire wear better be more accurate. I guess pit strategy is still a no go. Or maybe it will be if tire wear is accurate.  Still plenty of things to wait and see in action.  Still excited just not nearly as much anticipation as before.
So when does Project Cars come out? After reading this im just really confused how they took so much out. Doesn't make sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 8:46 am

NSA Roca wrote:

So when does Project Cars come out? After reading this im just really confused how they took so much out. Doesn't make sense to me.
Think they pushed it back to next Oct-Nov, so they could launch on the XB1.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 10:46 am

Tachyon Racing wrote:

has been announced it is coming out on xbox one and playstation 4
Back to top Go down
NSA Roca

NSA Roca

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 11:48 am

Tachyon Racing wrote:
NSA Roca wrote:

Oh.... Like a year. Wasent expecting that. Well so then I guess at least 3 seasons will go on before this game comes out. Just saying though. I think we should give the game a try. Because I know im not the only one to say this, but we have all dumped to much money into turn 10. I don't want to waste more of my money which is hard to come by bc of my age. Spending 20 dollars here another 10 a month for cars and tracks that we should already have. Its a bull crap. Maybe Project Cars is what we have been wanting this whole time. But in the end hopefully FM5 turns out to be a little better then we think.
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 12:20 pm

NSA Roca wrote:
Tachyon Racing wrote:
NSA Roca wrote:

Oh.... Like a year. Wasent expecting that. Well so then I guess at least 3 seasons will go on before this game comes out. Just saying though. I think we should give the game a try. Because I know im not the only one to say this, but we have all dumped to much money into turn 10. I don't want to waste more of my money which is hard to come by bc of my age. Spending 20 dollars here another 10 a month for cars and tracks that we should already have. Its a bull crap. Maybe Project Cars is what we have been wanting this whole time. But in the end hopefully FM5 turns out to be a little better then we think.
I can envision a scenario where there are parallel FM5 and FM4 FSCS Seasons running in the near-term.  This obviously needs to be discussed among the Admins but don't expect the full roster of racers to be on FM5 come January.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FM5 trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FM5 trouble
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forza Sports Car Series Forums :: Forza Motorsport 5-
Jump to: