Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FM5 trouble

Go down 
+17
Raceboy77
Dr PiiHB
o351
MTBVator
Maxximilllion
Tetsukitsune
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
AAR WolfPack
SaintedPlacebo4
No1 Tommy Smurf
NSA Roca
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Blahzay xxl
Tachyon Racing
KICKROCKS29
Old King
AAR GTDon
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

FM5 trouble - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 12:25 pm

This does seem to be a problem for all the leagues from what I'm reading.
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 12:35 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:
This does seem to be a problem for all the leagues from what I'm reading.
Not surprised. The transition from FM3 to FM4 would have been minor compared to this one....
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:45 pm

keep calm everyone
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 1:05 pm

Blahzay xxl wrote:
keep calm everyone
Thanks Blahzayxxl. Guys, the decisions made here have always been in the best interest of our community, the series and its racers. The same will be decided once this season is over.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:16 am

And here lies Sainted. The one that was yelling on a milk crate all along that this so called goddess of racing FM5 was a no go. You can go back and look at my posts i hath doubted such a deity of thy game since the beginning. If only thou had heeded my warning. Now pay the price of a game and system made only to suck money out of you. But alas. All is not lost. Look over yonder! What dost thou see? Is that. By god... is that... PlayStation 4? Yes. YES! It is. The wizard is never late. Nor early! He arrives precisely when he is needed and such has this wizard the Pee-Esse-Foor has done! All bow before its kind and fair maiden eyes.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 4:02 am

yeah but the only exclusive racing game Playstation 4 has got incoming is Drive Club and that does not look good in my opinion and Gran Turismo will not be on the playstation 4 for quite a while like 2015 in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 6:11 am

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
yeah but the only exclusive racing game Playstation 4 has got incoming is Drive Club and that does not look good in my opinion and Gran Turismo will not be on the playstation 4 for quite a while like 2015 in my opinion.
A lot of people are opting out of FM5 either because the game is not looking that good to them, or because they can't justify the price of the new box, or both.  Point is that there might be more FM4 drivers than FM5 drivers even well into the new year.  If that's so, than there is reason to explore different ideas on which way to go.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 6:23 am

AAR GTDon wrote:
A lot of people are opting out of FM5 either because the game is not looking that good to them, or because they can't justify the price of the new box, or both.  Point is that there might be more FM4 drivers than FM5 drivers even well into the new year.  If that's so, than there is reason to explore different ideas on which way to go.
I am not denying its worth looking at different options, but I am just saying that Playstation 4 is worse than the Xbox on the racing game at this time considering it has no exclusive racing game out on launch and no official information as of yet when or if Gran Turismo 6/7 will get onto playstation 4.

**edit**

also would not consider drive club as a rival considering its trying to make everyone a winner no matter what and that has been delayed till 2014
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:44 am

bye bye then chump...xbox one for me...they way I see it the world is set up to empty your pockets.With that being said I doesn't bother me to buy tracks and car packs,you and everyone here waste money on stupid stuff that doesn't profit none of you. Ps4 will get its money out of you just like xbox.....how many of us buy McDonald's or any other fast food garbage knowing its gone hurt our health? How many of you buy alcohol beverages knowing that it kills your liver? What im saying is if its something you like or love to do you will pay without complaining ijs.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:51 am

another thing everyone hated forza3 yet it produced the best racing this series has seen in my opinion...I just saying hold all judgement until you get and play the game. and if you dont have money to spend its been a pleasure to know you and race with you...im just going to stop drinking pop and that should cover my forza expense lol
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 10:17 am

Theres a few companies i like to keep my business short and sweet with. Apple and Microsoft. The way i see it this is going to be one of those games where you pay 60 bucks for just the engine of the game and then have to pay 200 bucks to get all the content that SHOULD have been in the game anyways. I miss the days when youwould get a ps2 game that was COMPLETE there was so dlc. It was a WHOLE game. After dlc was a thing developers got lazy, and waned to stretch our pockets out. Some games are worse than others. Of them would be the FM5. You cant justify taking out tracks. You cant justify taking out cars. You cant justify anything. And if the DLC for those tracks are anything other than free than microsoft is insane.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 10:48 am

I guess we will find out when it comes out how it is.

I know I will not purchase the DLC content if I do not like the game but I think I will be surprised if I do not enjoy it.

But we just got to see what they do, they know the hardcore fans of the series are lets just slightly pissed that they have cut out cars and tracks and focused on gimmicks like Forzavista and drivatar.

I am also sure they knew this would happen, hence why the stayed quiet about the tracks missing until so soon till launch.

I hope for both our sake and there sake they work to address the lack of circuits, if they do not I suspect it will make it easier for Gran Turismo to make a grand entrance to the next generation.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:18 am

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
I guess we will find out when it comes out how it is.

I know I will not purchase the DLC content if I do not like the game but I think I will be surprised if I do not enjoy it.

But we just got to see what they do, they know the hardcore fans of the series are lets just slightly pissed that they have cut out cars and tracks and focused on gimmicks like Forzavista and drivatar.

I am also sure they knew this would happen, hence why the stayed quiet about the tracks missing until so soon till launch.

I hope for both our sake and there sake they work to address the lack of circuits, if they do not I suspect it will make it easier for Gran Turismo to make a grand entrance to the next generation.
I agree with you Tommy.  I hope FM5 and its alleged faults are completely over blown, and that its quality over shadows any shortcomings. But I am feeling like this is wishful thinking, which prompts me to ask why I have to wishfully think FM5 will be good in the first place? 

My pre-conclusion is that it will be good, even great, for a certain market segment I don't belong to.  A segment not interested in organized league racing. I hope not.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:43 am

AAR GTDon wrote:

I agree with you Tommy.  I hope FM5 and its alleged faults are completely over blown, and that its quality over shadows any shortcomings. But I am feeling like this is wishful thinking, which prompts me to ask why I have to wishfully think FM5 will be good in the first place? 

My pre-conclusion is that it will be good, even great, for a certain market segment I don't belong to.  A segment not interested in organized league racing. I hope not.
Not sure some of things they have done to the physics engine sounds like it could make for more interesting racing than currently in Forza Motorsport 4.

But yet again we have to wait and see but from what I can tell the foundations are solid I just wish they had more tracks for launch.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 12:17 pm

ok fellas point taken but lets see if there isnt some type of update for the game on opening day I cant believe that they will make such a big mistake on this game... and seeing the capabilities of the xbox one tgat they will disappoint...and I will go out on a limb and say forza4 servers will not be open gor another yr.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Blahzay xxl wrote:
ok fellas point taken but lets see if there isnt some type of update for the game on opening day I cant believe that  they will make such a big mistake on this game... and seeing the capabilities of the xbox one tgat they will disappoint...and I will go out on a limb and say forza4 servers will not be open gor another yr.
the servers should be up for a good couple of years.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 12:27 pm

Blahzay xxl wrote:
ok fellas point taken but lets see if there isnt some type of update for the game on opening day I cant believe that  they will make such a big mistake on this game... and seeing the capabilities of the xbox one tgat they will disappoint...and I will go out on a limb and say forza4 servers will not be open gor another yr.
what are the capabilities again? Less cars and tracks and the same size lobby? hmmmm seems less capable to me.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 1:32 pm

let see if they don't add tracks.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 1:43 pm

Blahzay xxl wrote:
let see if they don't add tracks.
if the article from Evo Magazine and the rumours the Nurburgring pack should be out in January
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 2:15 pm

I think we all are missing a pretty good point, and that is Forza, unlike iRacing was never designed for organized racing.  We keep wanting things from T10 to enhance what we know true racing to be, and each new version of Forza fails to deliver, or makes it more difficult, like the inability to tune in lobbies or during a pit stop.  

I'm sure T10 scratches their heads and laughs when it comes to these kinds of racing improvement requests, because to them Forza is not intended in any way shape or form to be a racing game.  Nope.  It is a car game, with limited racing features and controls, and that's the way T10 likes it, and that's the way they want to keep it if at all possible it seems.

The more I think about it the more it make sense that T10 would only embrace those elements that they can control, and ignore elements that are more anomalous and unintended that they cannot control, like independent organized racing.

This realization is probably why iRacing came about or now Project Cars.  People are attracted to insane detail, and crazy competition in real racing, so why would this change in simulation racing?  It wouldn't.  But it doesn't mean that a game like Forza and those behind the making of it have to consider or recognize this fact about racing.  Nope, they can blissfully ignore it for all sorts of diversionary experiments in car art, like a learning A.I. system, or museum quality replications in virtual reality.

It's too bad really because most of the hardcore fans are league racers like me, and say Forza could be nearly the perfect car racing sim IF, T10 would submit to just a few extra functions and controls for the sake of racing.  Doing so would not impact sales to the masses one way or the other, but it would silence the league racers and turn them into the best promoters of the game T10 would ever have.  It's hard to buy that kind of advertising.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 2:31 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:
but it would silence the league racers and turn them into the best promoters of the game T10 would ever have.  It's hard to buy that kind of advertising.
you are not wrong the best form of advertisement is from fans of the series who will upload videos on youtube, discuss it in forums and tell there friends about it, because people are much likely to trust the word of a friend, family member or someone on youtube who is usually independent, over video game reviews from companies like IGN.

If turn10 do increase the setting to give more control to leagues it might make us more willing to stream our races (free advertising) especially when you consider they have added such capabilities to the xbox one now rather than requiring the expensive equipment to do so.

(unless I am mistaken on the Xbox one having stream features like the PS4)
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:04 pm

Sunset Peninsula, Maple Valley and Tsukuba as well as Motegi and Mugello, all missing. Unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:13 pm

but i read an article that said they are releasing weather effects, and nordshchliefe dlc... they want 50 bucks for the season pass compared to 30 for the same amount of cars. so this game will likely have a total of around 260290 cars after 60 months of dlc, and you will have to pay even more to get the tracks back that were *already* in forza 4.... "let me put some lipstick on this pig, chop off more than half of it and sell it to your for more". Ill be on PS4, my PSN is Raven-Swan. Im not going to pay 300 dollars to get all the content of a game. Not when 150 dollars of that should be in the game anyways, and another 50 of it was already there and taken out.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:23 pm

too many cry baby's ....man up let ya balls hang and stop crying its like that with just about every game now if you are not buying it or you are stop crying.
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:29 pm

hate to say it, but only havin 2000 points on the mtn dew bid thing aint gonna get me an Xbox one. This will be my last season. I have so much crap to do at school and honestly this is cutting into it but I feel like things are going to ramp up as soon as this is over, hopefully my lag issues don't persist and I can enjoy the next 40 races between spec st gs and gtr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FM5 trouble
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forza Sports Car Series Forums :: Forza Motorsport 5-
Jump to: