Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Team Penske

Go down 
+15
NSA Roca
F4H Diablo
SaintedPlacebo4
MTBVator
Tachyon Racing
Maxximilllion
LMR Warspite
AAR WolfPack
SP33D RAC3R 28x
DMR W Sparks
Admin/PredatorUSMC
ox FASTLANE xo
EZT Sabre
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
AAR GTDon
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

Team Penske - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 11:17 pm

I'm already sold. I've been doing this since Sega Rally, and know a good effort when I see one.  

It is, from what I can tell, the next revolution in sim-racing everyone thought GT5 was going to be, and then FM5, and GT6, but none have really achieved the next level to date.  Forza did with FM1, and FM3, Gran Turismo did in GT1 and GT3, but since then, over 7 years ago now, no one has really stepped it up and brought sim-racing to a new level.  Project CARS looks poised to do just that. It makes getting it equivalent to buying the other standard setting games back in their day, and something that you owe to yourself to get.  These are always the best versions of a franchise it seems, version 1.0.  But in the case of Project CARS, they are actually on their 680th version or whatever before going to market.  And just what is so "next gen" about it that the others don't have?  As predicted by me a few years ago, they not only have photo-realistic scenery, but the cars themselves are also photo-realistic, making them almost indistinguishable from the real cars.  Even at the 4G ultra HD resolutions of future TV, the modeling is superb. 

As for the physics, today everyone has good to great physics modeling, it's almost a matter of taste more than anything else. Long gone are the days when reaching the optimal motion physics was limited and primitive.  Todays cpu power allows so much more code for this operation that it is never a question of computing compromise like it once was. So I have no fear that it will be very good.

Sound quality is the only area that is vulnerable today.  They can go the cheap route like GT5 and GT6 and use sampled synthetic engine sounds, or they can go the hardcore route of iRacing and Forza and capture the real engine noises.  From what I've heard so far, they sound very good.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 12:31 am

graphics are what is selling you? dude fm5 sold people with graphics alone and look at it. nope. ill sit back wan wait more.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 2:38 am

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
graphics are what is selling you? dude fm5 sold people with graphics alone and look at it. nope. ill sit back wan wait more.

No, not just graphics if you can even call them that.  Photo-realistic technology is not merely, "graphics" in the usual sense. It is this type of enhanced "graphics" that took all the current games to their present level, but, they were limited to background scenes only and not foreground or the cars themselves. Project CARS is taking it a step further. When you can replicate the real car and give it a real look, you are stepping into another world or level no one currently experiences.  The physics I'm not really worried about. And the game play is also not on my worry list because it is a racing simulation, and will have all the correct options for racing, as opposed to a driving simulation like FM5. 

Actual 100% photo-realistic simulations are still a ways off, some say 10 years, but Project Cars is taking the next closest step as they perfect their "global-illumination" techniques with ray tracing.  The only real problem is not enough computing power for full width real time photo-realistic environments.  But it is coming.  In the not too distant future all video games will look real.  You will not be able to tell that they are not real.  Sort of scary isn't it.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 9:56 am

im concenred more about the way it plays and the things i can do within the game. every game has bits and pieces that i like. forza is the way cars can be upgraded adn painted into race cars and gt is the way the driving feels the tires fuel system etc.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:23 am

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
im concenred more about the way it plays and the things i can do within the game. every game has bits and pieces that i like. forza is the way cars can be upgraded adn painted into race cars and gt is the way the driving feels the tires fuel system etc.

Then this should be what you are looking for.  Project CARS is a kind of open source code collaboration effort sort of like GNU Chess was.  Anyone can contribute, and those that are, are like you and me, people interested in simulation racing and all that this means.  It will be far different than what you are used to, and yet very familiar.  It means that since it is being developed by and for sim-racers, it will have much more of the things that are important to you and me.

From what I've read it comes off sounding like it has not just more options to race, but more relevancy and depth to them as well.  Think of it as a FM5 mixed with iRacing, on steroids.  It will have the more true to life physics of iRacing, with more controllable racing functions, and it will have a greater range of play from newb to elite than FM5, all wrapped up in superior looking graphics than either of those two put together. 

It is a "game" that has been put together by the fans themselves.  It's like so many who have no doubt said to themselves and to their friends, "Man, if only I ran T10, I would make a Forza to die for!"  Well, this is the result of just such a statement, and as predicted, it looks better than anything else out there for a fraction of the price.  That is, Project CARS budget is tiny compared to T10, which begs the question why T10 couldn't have done more with Forza?  The answer is they could have, but the premise of the question doesn't actually apply to T10 and Forza.  Forza is not meant to be a racing simulation in the truest sense.  It is a driving simulation, and as such is not in need of any racing enhancements for multiplayer or single player. FM5 is exactly what creative director Dan Greenawalt envisioned it to be.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 12:44 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:

FM5 is exactly what creative director Dan Greenawalt envisioned it to be.

This is what makes FM5 such a tragedy. Dan has lost his vision I think of what 'The Community' loved about Forza. The people who buy Forza for graphics, and the easy to - difficult setting are a sizable percentage...but, the people who keep the game and carry it's torch are the Sim racers, the leagues, the painters, and those of that ilk. We keep Forza in heavy rotation with people who would otherwise have put it in it's little plastic case and moved on to something else. This was made VERY VERY CLEAR by the 'Community' when the final features were released and when the game hit the shelves. Even the 'Fanboys' were only 1/2 pleased. DG better get his head back in or FM will fall prey to innovation like Project Cars. (I am also looking forward to this title)

my .02c
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 12:47 pm

Just a quick question...Umm, never heard of the brand of tires on that Audi P car pictured above. What are those?
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 1:01 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
Just a quick question...Umm, never heard of the brand of tires on that Audi P car pictured above. What are those?

Good eye's!  I was waiting to see if anyone noticed. lol If you look closely you'll see a bunch of stuff that looks like what you know them to be, but upon a closer inspection, you'll see it's actually something different.  This is because some trade marks require licensing, so instead of not creating it at all, they create something that looks exactly like it except for the words. In the case of these tires it is the MICHELIN logo but a different word used, "MASCULIN" instead. lol
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:39 pm

.... does that mean that the Audi we see is going to be called an "Aufde" because tht alone would lose me.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:17 am

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
.... does that mean that the Audi we see is going to be called an "Aufde" because tht alone would lose me.

Cars seem to be a different matter because they are iconic. Also, because this is a simulation they won't go that far to avoid trade mark issues, and produce silly cars that sort of look like the real thing, like in GTA V.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:44 am

Okay, attn: TEAM PENSKE drivers, this is the week we put it all together, and start qualifying. 

Qualifying usually begins on Wed. Please get with PredatorUSMC and his practice rooms to help shake out/fine tune your P.I..  I know some of us have had no adjustments, or need an adjustment on certain cars so this is what must be done.  

Don't be like some who think they will get away with avoiding a P.I. correction by not entering Pred's lobby.  This will almost certainly force him to take a much harder look at your car after race 1, and instead of having way too much P.I. for you car, end up with way too little in race 2, to compensate for your over achievement before you get a third more balanced adjustment for race 3.

Please be advised that there will be further adjustments for everyone going into the second and third rounds too, so don't be discouraged if you see your competitor(s) a lot faster than you in round 1.  It happens every season, but this is a long season, so don't let it bother you, adjustments will be promptly made and parity achieved.

I will be on every night to help out with tunes and practice and qualifying.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:46 am

"Don't be like some who think they will get away with avoiding a P.I. correction by not entering Pred's lobby. This will almost certainly force him to take a much harder look at your car after race 1, and instead of having way too much P.I. for you car, end up with way too little in race 2, to compensate for your over achievement before you get a third more balanced adjustment for race 3."....Don...

As pred has been only on late est. id be careful with your innuendo's ...

As I have demonstrated again and again in a range of cars and a range of pi that your redonkulous ploys and rhetoric are
to the detriment of your own team though...
I wish you all good luck in season 12 BRING IT PUNTO's

as the great and wonderful ODDBALL once said...

"WE ARE NEIN SHIZA....YOU ARE A TWAT"
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 11:30 am

I thought I was addressing my teammates on how to properly proceed. Not sure why you are replying here since you are not on my team.  I'll let you know when I'm talking to you or about you, but until then, you should go stir trouble somewhere else. 

as an aside, my deduction is only based on what I would do if I were Pred, and people were avoiding my request to practice with me. I don't need to name names, and didn't name names, but it is logical to assume that disregarding the series leader's insistence to practice with him, is going to likely bring more scrutiny and a not less.  Especially if they blow the field away in the first race. If I were Pred, and this happened, I would have to reduce your P.I. somewhat below normal just to balance out your above normal first race result, for the second race. Then place you about where you should have been by the 3rd race. 

So yeah, go ahead everyone and disregard my friendly advice and observation, at your P.I. peril.  Blow people away in the first race, and you'll come in dead last in the second, and then maybe you'll have a proper P.I. by race 3, maybe. Maybe had you not done it that way, you would have ended up with a more favorable P.I. in the first place. Personally I prefer having the closest P.I. to correct starting on race 1.

btw I practiced with Pred into the wee hours of Saturday night, and a lot of people were on but not coming in.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 11:34 am

im the only person to take a pi hit staying in same car..do I care no because its for the good of the league but to say I don't practice with pred is messed up....got your wire's all mixed up there jr...
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 11:51 am

roscoe you weren't the only one to take a PI hit by staying in the same car, just sayin'
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 11:53 am

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
im the only person to take a pi hit staying in same car..do I care no because its for the good of the league but to say I don't practice with pred is messed up....got your wire's all mixed up there jr...

How clear can I make it?  I started by saying I was talking to my team members.  And I said I wasn't naming names of those who think it best to avoid Pred.  Why you think I'm talking about you is a mystery.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 12:16 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:

How clear can I make it?  I started by saying I was talking to my team members.  And I said I wasn't naming names of those who think it best to avoid Pred.  Why you think I'm talking about you is a mystery.

I would have to reduce your P.I. somewhat below normal just to balance out your above normal first race result, for the second race. Then place you about where you should have been by the 3rd race.
....smh
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 12:32 pm

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
AAR GTDon wrote:
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:

I would have to reduce your P.I. somewhat below normal just to balance out your above normal first race result, for the second race. Then place you about where you should have been by the 3rd race.
....smh

and I said, "If I were Pred", and I didn't say "YOU" as in a specific person or Rosco.  

I said in a hypothetical scenario were I Pred, this is what I would do to all [generic] those who would avoid my requested practice sessions.  This is a hypothetical generic statement.  And not at all like, "Rosco, you are one of the ones avoiding Pred to gain an advantage."  In fact, you didn't even come to mind when I was thinking about this. lol  

There are others that do come to mind, but they will remain nameless.  And I trust will not follow through on such a tactic, but rather, be more honest and sportsmanlike.

I'm sorry you somehow misunderstood I was talking about YOU Rosco.  I wasn't. Try to read more carefully in the future, please.
Back to top Go down
EZT Sabre

EZT Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 1:07 pm

I assume he is speaking of racers who didn't get the message. I have practiced with Pred only twice so far and once at the assigned PI, where I split in to a room with only Roscoe
I highly doubt he was talking bout you Roscoe, he is talking bout peeps like me who haven't done many practice sessions with Pred.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 12:28 pm

Just a note to all you Team Penske drivers, I will be on tonight after the Latino race with Manuel's group.  Got to get some more practice in.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 6:53 pm

Reasons why I will be quitting the driving simulation known as Forza, and moving to the racing simulation known as Project CARS:

FRANCHISE MODE allows you to carve out a personalized career starting in the Karting world and then progressing on to whichever motorsport specialization you prefer including Touring Cars, Open-Wheel, GT, Le Mans, and many more!

Play CO-OP with a friend as Driver/Co-Driver

FULL TEAM MANAGEMENT... Have a large number of friends? Create, manage, and compete together!

Experience the excitement of PIT STOPS like you've never seen before!

Revolutionary PIT-2-CAR RADIO gives you the strategic advantage

DYNAMIC Time Of Day & Localized Weather make every race unique and challenging

10+ GAME MODES covering every form of motorsport

CLOUD-BASED SOCIAL NETWORK allows you to connect with friends, compare times & scores, compete and challenge each other, and share content

USER-GENERATED CONTENT - Create your own liveries, decals, tuning setups, and even events! Then share them with the world - either for free, in-game credits or even real money!

PUSHING TO THE LIMITS - Advanced physics, lighting, and AI

PROJECT CARS is due for release on the following platforms...
Wii U PC Playstation 4 Xbox ONE Steam OS

One of the big things (and biggest misses by T10) that I have been asking for forever is CO-OP play.  This is where you and a friend can act as a true team sharing the driving duties just as is done in real endurance racing.
Back to top Go down
F4H Diablo

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:25 pm

I'm very intrigued to see how this game turns out. It has a lot of promises to fulfill, and I really hope it works. Not sure if anyone knows this or not, but in the near future, iRacing will be adding endurance capabilities to run multi-driver teams in the same lobby, up to 64 players in one room (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XFJt81g97k). If they can pull that off, Forza will be a thing of the past.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:30 pm

F4H Diablo wrote:
I'm very intrigued to see how this game turns out. It has a lot of promises to fulfill, and I really hope it works. Not sure if anyone knows this or not, but in the near future, iRacing will be adding endurance capabilities to run multi-driver teams in the same lobby, up to 64 players in one room (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XFJt81g97k). If they can pull that off, Forza will be a thing of the past.

Wow, now that's what I'm talking about!
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 4:54 am

sounds good but lets see what it is when it is released. i dont think it will fall on its face like fm5. but i dont want to get overly excited. i rather my expectations be exceeded than to have them fall short. feel me? still it looks like a promising place to take the fscs IF it delivers.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:36 pm

I will be on tonight to do some practice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Penske   Team Penske - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Penske
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next