Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps

Go down 
+8
PredatorUSMC
Bradsz
Basticular
PickNick5
gdub369
Zed 0 Sick
SSRT DWilkerson
Admin/PredatorUSMC
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bradsz

Bradsz

Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 7:07 pm

personally as seeing the replays, i think most people deserved the places they got, and i think i kinda deserved the win as i was on the racing line 95% of the time and i was at full concentration, i had a little bit of food before and then after the race so i think that helped instead of eating while racing! Razz

but i think i raced amazing and better than most, i wont say im the best racer as im not i just think i raced one of the best that day and luckily for me everyone else stayed close together and had to keep on battling and causing each other slight damages and i think Gdub was just waiting for me to serious mess up and i never, i has all four of the wheels come off the track like twice and one of the was due to understeer as the car can kinda slip like that and the other was the rumble strip on the inside of the corner and made my car go on two wheels and i just played it safe instead of rushing and eased the car, but i think good overall race for mosti think road atlanta will be interesting, i know i aint hitting A room, i think the 2 corners at the big straight i can keep up but everywhere else everyone just pulls away, and can easily overtake and i thought it would be hard (i know this due to some practising with quite a few different people)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
BIMM3RR

BIMM3RR

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Congrats on the win... Side note, Season 5 let's go full spec 1 car no build adjustments... just a tune and a driver there just isn't any BS in that system Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:02 pm

Bimm3rr wrote:
Congrats on the win... Side note, Season 5 let's go full spec 1 car no build adjustments... just a tune and a driver there just isn't any BS in that system Smile

I could dig this. I will say the cars seem better balanced with PI than in past seeasonss. Remember season 2?(shivers)
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:25 pm

All same car boooooooring. Yawn
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
BIMM3RR

BIMM3RR

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:53 am

That's the only way to separate the men from the boys... Just like they do on the Race of Champions every year... Good stuff
Back to top Go down
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:49 pm

what do you mean spec 1 no build? like stock cars? :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Everyone has the same car with the same part upgrades. Cars are exactly the same and it really tells who can tune and race the best.

It can be a lot of fun, but pretty boring as well.
Back to top Go down
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:04 pm

oohh, i think its actually boring, thats why i like this series the most it gives everybody that boost and feels like something to actually head for, i think there is alot more passes with different cars as some of them are better around corners and other better on straights so positions are constantly moving around and other people will be better with the chosen car and others wont, also this seires isnt like this, i can see pred made this to be the exact opposite of that and he has done an amazing job with it
Back to top Go down
BIMM3RR

BIMM3RR

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:10 pm

It's the only way to expose the truth, but I understand some will claim it's boring but that is essentially what real racing is. No one car is that much faster in a straight line than the next to the point where u hit the straight and one car just gets embarrassed.. However, our system is designed to keep all drivers close, adjusting for the amount of driver skill or error that will ensue during the race, which in turn allows that driver to have a car capable of running X lap time, but banking on their ability or inability to do so regularly. This is why some racers have a P.I higher or lower than the one initially set for a given car. The formula works well on some tracks, but if the driver is better on a specific track then all of a sudden it doesn't work and the race ends in a blowout. I don't mind being beaten, but when I get beat and have essentially brought a knife to a gun fight (referring to P.I.) I can honestly say nothing is more frustrating to me as a console racer. The formula for this series is perfect, setting a car to a specific P.I. before the season starts based on what the test drivers have come up with to make a car run within an acceptable range of a pre-set time. It's just the adjustment for driver skill that cause the problems in my opinion, because that is what takes the "spec" out of this series.

Long story short, we are halfway through season 4 and it was only a suggestion that perhaps for season 5 we do a 1 car spec car series... Take it or leave it lol not a big deal either way just thought it might be interesting for a change.
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Bimm3rr wrote:
It's the only way to expose the truth, but I understand some will claim it's boring but that is essentially what real racing is. No one car is that much faster in a straight line than the next to the point where u hit the straight and one car just gets embarrassed.. However, our system is designed to keep all drivers close, adjusting for the amount of driver skill or error that will ensue during the race, which in turn allows that driver to have a car capable of running X lap time, but banking on their ability or inability to do so regularly. This is why some racers have a P.I higher or lower than the one initially set for a given car. The formula works well on some tracks, but if the driver is better on a specific track then all of a sudden it doesn't work and the race ends in a blowout. I don't mind being beaten, but when I get beat and have essentially brought a knife to a gun fight (referring to P.I.) I can honestly say nothing is more frustrating to me as a console racer. The formula for this series is perfect, setting a car to a specific P.I. before the season starts based on what the test drivers have come up with to make a car run within an acceptable range of a pre-set time. It's just the adjustment for driver skill that cause the problems in my opinion, because that is what takes the "spec" out of this series.

Long story short, we are halfway through season 4 and it was only a suggestion that perhaps for season 5 we do a 1 car spec car series... Take it or leave it lol not a big deal either way just thought it might be interesting for a change.

you're using the same car as me but have 55 less PI that I do and still kick my ass in qualifying (don't know the exact times but I was in C lobby you were presumably in A) so shouldnt it be me using that argument Wink
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:22 pm

I think a spec series or a r2 race car series jmo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:06 pm

Basticle wrote:
Bimm3rr wrote:

you're using the same car as me but have 55 less PI that I do and still kick my ass in qualifying (don't know the exact times but I was in C lobby you were presumably in A) so shouldnt it be me using that argument Wink

um, no...
Back to top Go down
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:28 pm

lol!

i understand what bimmer is trying to say, he still wants closer racing, but for the best racers to still be at top... so for example... he wants the 1 spec series but with closer racing, so he doesnt want people over PI'd... i understand what his trying to say anyway
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Bradsz wrote:
lol!

i understand what bimmer is trying to say, he still wants closer racing, but for the best racers to still be at top... so for example... he wants the 1 spec series but with closer racing, so he doesnt want people over PI'd... i understand what his trying to say anyway

Yes that is what he was trying to say, and he said so quite clearly...
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Bimm3rr wrote:
That's the only way to separate the men from the boys... Just like they do on the Race of Champions every year... Good stuff

i 100% agree with it. idk if you want to restrict it to 1 car or 2-3 similar cars for a rivalry, kinda like cmc. But the super cars compared to the regular cars are a bit old. i just feels horrible when you have to drive your best to just compete with people all over the road, sliding off the track, and not even apexing corners. it just sucks.

prime example, i go off the track twice at mugello i finished 10th, and i have chased cars during practice races that go off the track multiple times and STILL pull away from me, while i have been perfectly clean and apexing my corners.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 8:10 am

The season should be about half the length then, because I can promise you that by the 3rd race you'll be able to predict finishing positions with about a 90% accuracy if we all run the same cars/builds.
Back to top Go down
gdub369

gdub369

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:11 am

i agree with what bimmer is saying but like you said bimmer RACE of CHAMPIONS maybe we could do a one off race at the end of the season like the top 8 guys in points run a spec race what do you guys think about it?
Back to top Go down
Zed 0 Sick

Zed 0 Sick

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Top 8 guys in points in a race for double points.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:51 pm

Veevee wrote:
The season should be about half the length then, because I can promise you that by the 3rd race you'll be able to predict finishing positions with about a 90% accuracy if we all run the same cars/builds.
I don't think so.There are aleast 7-9 drivers that would give each other a run for there money and a few close behine that pack.I just dont want a slow class if we run a spec series.BTW why are ppl scared of R2 class.
Back to top Go down
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 3:08 pm

Bimm3rr wrote:

I am with you Bimmer. A spec series to break up the monotony would be welcome. Tunning the same car would seperate the drivers by skill also teach the drivers that dont have the physics figured out. Some one suggested an R2 series, I think that would be ultra-fair, ultra-competitive. Some of the drivers (and you know who you are) are permanently deemed "too good NOT to have a PI reduction". I feel bad for them. As a competitor, I want to race when everyones at full strength. A spec series will allow the leaders to lead in the begining, eventually the competition would level out because the learning curve wont be as steep. Set-ups for R2 are available all over the AH and would raise the level of comp over-all
[i]Just say'n
Back to top Go down
Zed 0 Sick

Zed 0 Sick

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 3:48 pm

Our we moving to Froza 4 once this season is over or we going to run another Forza 3 series?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Zed 0 Sick wrote:
Our we moving to Froza 4 once this season is over or we going to run another Forza 3 series?

Well, considering Forza 4 doesnt release for another 6 months or more, i would assume were gonna run a couple more seasons.
Back to top Go down
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:00 pm

Chenstrap wrote:
Zed 0 Sick wrote:

Well, considering Forza 4 doesnt release for another 6 months or more, i would assume were gonna run a couple more seasons.

but it takes like 5 months for a season, so i think we would just fit in like a half season before forza 4 then maybe give it a month for everybody to get used to forza 4 then start getting a season ready and together on there then if people are willing to move onto forza 4 bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Bradsz wrote:
Chenstrap wrote:
Zed 0 Sick wrote:

but it takes like 5 months for a season, so i think we would just fit in like a half season before forza 4 then maybe give it a month for everybody to get used to forza 4 then start getting a season ready and together on there then if people are willing to move onto forza 4 bounce
FIVE MONTHS!?!?!??! are u crazy?

With a 12 race schedule with a week off, its just over 3 months. We can easily fit 2 seasons into the amount of time we will have left with Forza. This seasons only taking so long due to christmas and the superbowl.
Back to top Go down
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:10 am

well lets say 4 months then, because there is atleast the odd week sometimes that we decide to have a break or alot of people are busy, but if we found out the release date of forza 4 would help alot, i dont think its that far away, i think its between 8-10 month so we got another full season after this one, then will seriously have to decide whats going on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps   Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race 6 Suzuka Circuit 40 Laps
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next