Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Empty
PostSubject: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:03 am

http://f3scs.com/Schedule.html

With less than a week to go until the first race of the season the anticipation builds. Some drivers and other teams have begun to show up at the location and have begun testing.
Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th SebringTest
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:05 am

While many of the competitors are busy tuning and getting as much preparation for the race as possible for this season opener at Sebring, it was noticed that one of the competitors seen at Laguna was busy having his car prepped in a different style than the others. The Paint scheme of this car has changed drastically since its appearance at Laguna. We talked with CCB METAL and asked him some questions

"We noticed that your car had a paint scheme that was identical to the GT2 Corvette C6 ZR1 of the ALMS series, what was your motivation to change the style?"

~ "Well, i was kinda inspired by the racers around me, yes i like the GT2 paint style, but i think originality has its benefits!"

"Where did you get your idea for this scheme from?"

~ "As odd as it may sound there is beauty in simplicity, i noticed one of my friends had a simple 2 tone pinstripe on his challenger and it looked amazing. i wanted to take what i liked about other schemes and apply it to my own, it couldn't be too complicated, but i didn't want it to be too simple either so that is where my idea spawned from. one thing i did notice after i put the idea together, unintentionally, is that the 2 flags on the top of the car look like wings on a cross made by the 3 stripes down the middle and the corvette logo on the top of the car. in general i am very pleased with this new paint job."

"How do you feel about your chances in the upcoming season opener at Sebring, since you have spent most of your time in the paint booth instead of tuning on the track like other racers?"

~ "We will just have to see now wont we! i know that what i have done to the car, it will perform well in response to my inputs, in and out of traffic. i would rather have a car that handles well anywhere on the track instead of just on a line 'cause when you are in traffic you can't exactly hold your "hot-lap" line. there has been some minor modifications made since the practice race at Laguna, I tried driving a variety of cars to see what mine could use for improvement. we have tried numerous different combinations of engine parts to push the car even further and still remain within the F3SCS spec limits, and i believe that what we have will be a strong competitor in this series. it may not be the fastest car at a specific track but that's not what the competition's about. its never too early to think about points and conservative driving!"

After the interview we managed to take a picture in the garage as the team continued to work on the car both applying decals and work under the hood.

Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th C6_cus10
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209
Red R0tor

Red R0tor

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:42 pm

Very nice design...I'm diggin the way the flag fades in at the back of the car.
Back to top Go down
Red R0tor

Red R0tor

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:59 pm

After a long hiatus the driver known as Red Rotor was seen testing on Sebring against a few unusual opponents in an endurance race.
Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Forza81-1
When asked about his opponent choice Red Rotor's reply was "I figure this track has a lot of straights...my car's weakness, so it would make me focus more on my turn entry and exit in order to carry out enough speed to keep up and hopefully pass my opponent with far greater straightaway speed." He also replied about his reason for an endurance race "I also wanted to see my car's limits as far as fuel consumption would go to help me create a strategy for the upcoming endurance race...I actually completely ran out of fuel and wound up coasting into the pit with enough speed to make it there. Plus a car acts different depending on the amount of fuel in it so this session helped me tweak the settings to compensate for that difference." When asked about the number of laps it took to run out of fuel he replied with a slight smirk "No comment"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Track Maps with Names   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:28 pm

Here's a track map with the names of the corners.

Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th SebringRaceway-plain
Back to top Go down
Red R0tor

Red R0tor

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:20 pm

Less than two hours till go time
Back to top Go down
PredatorUSMC

PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:20 pm

Yep, have been on for a minute getting some practice. Also helping people with the race format.
Back to top Go down
Red R0tor

Red R0tor

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:32 pm

less than 30mins
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:41 pm

IF YOU HAVEN"T ALREADY SEND PREDATOR OR MYSELF A MESSAGE AND OR A FRIEND REQUEST AND WE WILL START SETTING UP THAT QUAL LOBBY AND RACE LOBBY

Gamertags:

CCB METAL
PredatorUSMC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:37 pm

Great race gentlemen! I'm already looking forward to my trip to Spain.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Red R0tor

Red R0tor

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:20 pm

Very competitive race...definitely a fight for 3rd place.
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:22 pm

yea lol a fight for 3rd with both cars running with cow catchers up front and pure mechanical grip
Back to top Go down
Red R0tor

Red R0tor

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:44 pm

[CCB] -]v[ETA]_- wrote:
yea lol a fight for 3rd with both cars running with cow catchers up front and pure mechanical grip

Rofl...so true
Back to top Go down
PredatorUSMC

PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:29 am

Yeah it was tooth and nail with me and frollo for 40 laps! I would have like to have a few more people show up but hey it was still great! I got some damage and spun on lap 4 when i slightly touched Claude Frollo in the sweeper heading to the front straight. From there it was catch up...literally making up like 10-15 feet per lap. Great close race!

At the finish the battle for 5th was separated by only 120ft!!! Thats close after such a long race!

Best part is that after 50 laps it was still pretty close between people! Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Red R0tor

Red R0tor

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:24 am

After the race last night at Sebring, we caught up to the driver known as Red Rotor to get his impressions on the series.
So what were your impressions on your performance in last nights race? "I feel like I did well, I had a misfortunate accident in lap 2 that left my car crippled for the rest of the race and I had to play catch up."
Did this accident affect your strategy at all? "Yes it did, I was actually planning to drive conservative for at least the first half of the race...so accidents like this wouldn't happen and then start ramping up my pace gradually in the second half...o well, gotta risk it for the biscuit"
What did you think of you competition's performance? "The competition is very talented and have well sorted out cars. I was getting absolutely murdered on the straights and my only hope was to try to catch up in the turns"
We saw that you and CCB Metal in the C6 Z06 were fighting for 3rd place for a while, can you tell us more about that? "Yeah, it was a nail biter...definitely a dog fight. CCB Metal is a very talented driver and his C6...man its no joke. Luckily I was able to capitalize on a mistake he made in turn 1 that gave me the opportunity to fight for 3rd place...after that, it was a nonstop fight for 3rd, luckily I prevailed."
What did the team that signed you think of your performance? "They seem to be pleased, accidents happen, they were glad I was able to hang in there and still be competitive."
The season's next race is headed to Montserrat Spain, how do you feel about this next race? "I'm looking forward to it, its a beautiful location and a challenging track. I'm just going to practice set up a strategy and hopefully I can implement it and prevail"
Very interesting, it was nice talking to you Red Rotor good luck in your next race. "Thanks, it was a pleasure talking to you."
Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Forza83
Battle for 3rd
Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Forza82
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:01 am

Fun race. Hopefully next race i won't screw up a corner every time i start to catch some one.

ps. Does any one have the replays on their store front. I forgot to grab the one from my race also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Damage Claim   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:14 pm

To whom it may concern,

As much fun as we had last night, I guess this would be the place to report the following claim information:

Before:

Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th F3scs_13

The incident:

Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Turn_110

After:

Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th F3scs_12

The responsible party is required to send 500K credits to Claude Frollo. A Ferrari 458 Italia would also be an acceptable form of compensation.

Thanks,

Claude Frollo

Cool
Back to top Go down
Red R0tor

Red R0tor

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Frollo wrote:
To whom it may concern,

As much fun as we had last night, I guess this would be the place to report the following claim information:

Before:

The incident:

After:

The responsible party is required to send 500K credits to Claude Frollo. A Ferrari 458 Italia would also be an acceptable form of compensation.

Thanks,

Claude Frollo

Cool

Rofl...too funny Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Frollo wrote:
To whom it may concern,

Before:

The incident:

After:

Thanks,

Claude Frollo

Cool
Lol. Thats great.
Back to top Go down
PredatorUSMC

PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:26 pm

That is funny..BUT what's not funny is when on lap 2 I went inside of you on Sunset Bend and my front left barely tapped your right door you kept on without a hiccup and I spun completely Mad Damn AWD cars just don't flinch an inch. Luckily I didn't hit anything in my spin cheers I had to spend 20 laps bustin my tail to make up 10-30 ft a lap! Then another 10 trying to finally make the pass! That was the best race I have had on Forza and I am looking forward to this Sunday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:39 pm

Sunset Bend? Was that you? scratch ...and I thought my car was bouncing around because of the rumble strips!?!?! Humm... That explains the scratches on the other side. Please add another 100K credits to the previous claim. jocolor

Seriously though, I kid. To set the record straight, according to the telemetry, you were clearly trying to avoid the collision. It was all honest but close racing. My hat goes out to you for the epic push.

Besides, going back to the admittedly provocative post, what's a good race series without some good trash-talk?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th   Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race 1 Sebring Raceway Feb 28th
Page 1 of 1