Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A few noob questions.

Go down 
+4
snowman529
DirtyDawg73
SSRT DWilkerson
Meyervw
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Meyervw

Meyervw

A few noob questions. Empty
PostSubject: A few noob questions.   A few noob questions. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:49 am

How do I get my number on my car?

There is a list of drivers and cars and such for the season. I found it once but cannot find it now. Where is it?
Back to top Go down
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: A few noob questions.   A few noob questions. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:04 pm

To get you're number on the car (Assuming you have the number plate and other series logos) is to go to add new layer > Press the right bumper a few times until to get to the letters and numbers > Pick you're number (Repeat step 2 if necessary) > Then move them over to the places they need to be. (See here for what needs to be on the car and where they need to be: https://forzascs.forumotion.net/t31-get-the-series-number-plate-and-decals )

The list of drivers, their number, PI, car and team are here: http://f3scs.com/DriversPoints6.html

If you want anymore help with that, let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/
Meyervw

Meyervw

PostSubject: Re: A few noob questions.   A few noob questions. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:31 am

How do I get the vinyl's for this?
Back to top Go down
DirtyDawg73

DirtyDawg73

PostSubject: Re: A few noob questions.   A few noob questions. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 11:18 am

Instructions are in the first link in the post directly above yours.
Back to top Go down
Meyervw

Meyervw

PostSubject: Re: A few noob questions.   A few noob questions. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:11 pm

I see the direction. I could not find the stickers. But I found a post that led me to them. I still don't know alot about Xbox in gerneral so my kids helped me out. Got it all done.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

PostSubject: Rookie Strips   A few noob questions. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:45 pm

Are you doing rookie stripes on the rear bumper?
Back to top Go down
Meyervw

Meyervw

PostSubject: Re: A few noob questions.   A few noob questions. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:14 am

No stripes. My driving will let you know. I just did some laps without tany of the guidence stuff on. Went pretty well but I have a long way to go.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: A few noob questions.   A few noob questions. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:11 am

Meyervw wrote:
No stripes. My driving will let you know. I just did some laps without tany of the guidence stuff on. Went pretty well but I have a long way to go.

Practice Practice Practice. It's that simple. I usually do about 10 laps by myself just to warm up a bit then I will do a race on whatever track we are on with a full room of AI cars. I know they are not perfect but they can help you learn to be very aware of what other cars do on track so that you can avoid if they hit the brakes early or in an odd spot or just different than what you think. (many real racers do the same) Also the AI teaches you defensive driving as well because if you leave the door open and they are close enough they will try to jam it in there in the corner. They can piss you off but over all they can help you find braking points, turn in etc... Now obviously as you get better the AI and you will brake and turn in different but for someone learning this can be like a lead follow session in a driving school.

For Example right now I go to Events List go all the way to the right and down until you get to the R3800 Championships. Go to Sebring and enter.(you will have to click the Enter Anyway button) Once there start with the AI on whatever difficulty level needed to make the races challenging to you. If you win most of the time increase difficulty. You will get faster.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: Pit question   A few noob questions. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:50 pm

I'm new to the series but very anxious to partake in the festivites, lol. But my question is this, in the rules it says that a driver must pit in between lap 5 and lap 30. I was talking to my teammate, who will be registering for this race as well, and just wanted some clarification on this. does that mean that at lap 5 and lap 30 you have to pit? Or is it just how you read it, and it means that sometime in between lap 5 and lap 30 you have to pit? I know its probably self explanitory but I figure the only dumb question is the one that you don't ask. Thanks for your help. And PredatorUSMC and SSRT DWilkerson, I tried to send you friend request on XBL but it said that you're friends were full.
Back to top Go down
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: A few noob questions.   A few noob questions. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 12:17 am

KikRox268 wrote:
I'm new to the series but very anxious to partake in the festivites, lol. But my question is this, in the rules it says that a driver must pit in between lap 5 and lap 30. I was talking to my teammate, who will be registering for this race as well, and just wanted some clarification on this. does that mean that at lap 5 and lap 30 you have to pit? Or is it just how you read it, and it means that sometime in between lap 5 and lap 30 you have to pit? I know its probably self explanitory but I figure the only dumb question is the one that you don't ask. Thanks for your help. And PredatorUSMC and SSRT DWilkerson, I tried to send you friend request on XBL but it said that you're friends were full.

The pit window is just that, you can go into the pit from lap 5 until lap 30 and anywhere in between. And I apologize for my full friends list right now, but with two leagues and friends that don't play racing games, I just don't have room anymore. I'm sure I'll get room once some of the new comers quit. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: Re: A few noob questions.   A few noob questions. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:40 am

SSRT DWilkerson wrote:
KikRox268 wrote:

The pit window is just that, you can go into the pit from lap 5 until lap 30 and anywhere in between. And I apologize for my full friends list right now, but with two leagues and friends that don't play racing games, I just don't have room anymore. I'm sure I'll get room once some of the new comers quit. Smile

Good to go, that's cool. I figured as much, seeing as how you and Predator hold some of the top positions in this association. I did manage to get a couple added to my XBL friends list, and thank you for clearing that up for me. That's what I figured, just wanted to make sure before me and my teammate start talking strategies and what not.
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: A few noob questions.   A few noob questions. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 2:58 pm

I have a couple of questions that I'd like to get some input on regarding the series. First off section 8.3 of the rules states "8.3 - Drivers must complete Entire Race to qualify for Rewards. DNF does not entitle you to a PI Adjustment". My question is say ive been a part of the whole race and im in P12. The leader completes lap 50 and I dont finish because im a lap down or out of the 30sec finishing time. Does this mean I will not be awarded a PI increase? To me the rule is unclear and would like to know.

My second question is this. In the rules it states that there can be no car changes after the first "race". Say my teamate and I have run qualifing and we realize our car, even with hours of tuning, isnt competitive. Could we select another car before Sunday? KikRox and myself were discussing this last night and we would like to know if its possible. Id be willing to take a grid penalty if this is possible.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.realsiticracing.net
DirtyDawg73

DirtyDawg73

PostSubject: Re: A few noob questions.   A few noob questions. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 3:19 pm

sniper919 wrote:
I have a couple of questions that I'd like to get some input on regarding the series. First off section 8.3 of the rules states "8.3 - Drivers must complete Entire Race to qualify for Rewards. DNF does not entitle you to a PI Adjustment". My question is say ive been a part of the whole race and im in P12. The leader completes lap 50 and I dont finish because im a lap down or out of the 30sec finishing time. Does this mean I will not be awarded a PI increase? To me the rule is unclear and would like to know.

My second question is this. In the rules it states that there can be no car changes after the first "race". Say my teamate and I have run qualifing and we realize our car, even with hours of tuning, isnt competitive. Could we select another car before Sunday? KikRox and myself were discussing this last night and we would like to know if its possible. Id be willing to take a grid penalty if this is possible.

Thanks

To answer your first question - no end of race timer is used (it is set to "None" in the game setup)

Your second question will need to be answered by Admin, but, I do not believe that you can change your car once qualifying for the first race has been completed. Aside from extenuating circumstances, you will need to use that car for the remainder of the season.
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: A few noob questions.   A few noob questions. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:51 am

Hey guys I made a Signature in Photoshop and I dont know how to add it to my profile. Could somebody help me out?
Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: A few noob questions.   A few noob questions. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:47 am

Best way to do it would be to upload it to a picture hosting site (flicker, photobucket, etc.) and use the IMG url given.

Just make sure the sig isn't going to take up half of the screen
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: A few noob questions.   A few noob questions. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:33 am

OLDFenderBender wrote:
Best way to do it would be to upload it to a picture hosting site (flicker, photobucket, etc.) and use the IMG url given.

Just make sure the sig isn't going to take up half of the screen

what size is yours i was looking for something around that
Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: A few noob questions.   A few noob questions. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:13 pm

right now it's 500x158 pixels (width x height)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few noob questions.   A few noob questions. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few noob questions.
Page 1 of 1