Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blocking Rule Clarification

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Panbot

Sir Panbot

Blocking Rule Clarification Empty
PostSubject: Blocking Rule Clarification   Blocking Rule Clarification Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:39 am

I've never really given this much thought but what is classed as an abnormal line. I often take the inside line if I feel I am going to be under pressure in the corner to prevent being taken under braking but I assumed this was normal race craft. Am I wrong? scratch
Back to top Go down
jpnvr4

jpnvr4

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Rule Clarification   Blocking Rule Clarification Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:01 am

I think thats cool especially in a heated battle. What your doing is forcing the other driver to do is use the outside line to get by you. It {to me} is legal and not blocking. On the other hand, if that person is faster than u by 1 full second I can see where it starts to be called blocking.
Back to top Go down
Sir Panbot

Sir Panbot

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Rule Clarification   Blocking Rule Clarification Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:18 am

jpnvr4 wrote:
I think thats cool especially in a heated battle. What your doing is forcing the other driver to do is use the outside line to get by you. It {to me} is legal and not blocking. On the other hand, if that person is faster than u by 1 full second I can see where it starts to be called blocking.

Yeah, I only tend to do it if I feel I have a right to defend my place but I can testify to being on the other end of the stick as well where I am being held up so yeah I do understand that. It's just like you said, me forcing the other driver to make the overtake rather than gift wrapping it for them.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Rule Clarification   Blocking Rule Clarification Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:19 am

Sounds legal to me. Other than being a lap down, racing is racing. Don't make it easy. It is about the challenge and competition.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Rule Clarification   Blocking Rule Clarification Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:51 am

It's legal... Unless once you commit to the inside you see the overtaking driver is going to be able to get along side you and then you alter your line back to the outside to prevent or stop the attempted pass. That's blocking.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Rule Clarification   Blocking Rule Clarification Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Also opening your inside back up. Most of the time a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Rule Clarification   Blocking Rule Clarification Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blocking Rule Clarification
Page 1 of 1