Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Future of Sim Racing Sets?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
xToxicEiREx

xToxicEiREx

The Future of Sim Racing Sets? Empty
PostSubject: The Future of Sim Racing Sets?   The Future of Sim Racing Sets? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:34 am

With the Next Gen Xbox coming round the corner, i've been wondering...

What will happen to Fanatec sim racing sets?
We know that Fanatec is Xbox/PC/PS3 supported but for Xbox racers will the CSR, Porsche and Clubsport wheels be dropped for the new "Next Box"?
Will Microsoft be kind enough to put Backwards Compability in the the new Xbox or will they say "no" and make you pay all over again for a new wheel?

I'm interested in buying a new CSR set but with Microsoft bringing in the Next-Gen Console should i spend a lot of money if it will be wasted?

What does anybodythink?
Back to top Go down
blackhawk s61

blackhawk s61

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Sim Racing Sets?   The Future of Sim Racing Sets? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:38 am

i think microsoft will say NO because the only thing they want is money,money and more money
Back to top Go down
xToxicEiREx

xToxicEiREx

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Sim Racing Sets?   The Future of Sim Racing Sets? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:40 am

Damn you Mr. Bill Gates
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Sim Racing Sets?   The Future of Sim Racing Sets? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:50 pm

I think it will be compatible. The good thing about the Elite and CSR is they are patchable. Update the firmware and viola' it should be fine. But the fact is we do not know.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
xToxicEiREx

xToxicEiREx

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Sim Racing Sets?   The Future of Sim Racing Sets? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Yeah just read that on the Fanatec site. Probably gonna go for the CSR Standard wheel and other stuff.
Thanks for the Advice pred.
Back to top Go down
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Sim Racing Sets?   The Future of Sim Racing Sets? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 4:47 pm

The reason the wheels for the old Xbox were not compilable with the 360 was because the old xbox didn't use USB, the 360 and PC's all do. As long as the new Xbox uses USB you shouldn't have any problems.

Useless info: If you take an old Xbox's controller, cut off the end of the wire and splice it into a USB end you can use it on the PC without a problem.
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/
xToxicEiREx

xToxicEiREx

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Sim Racing Sets?   The Future of Sim Racing Sets? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 6:04 pm

SSRT DWilkerson wrote:
The reason the wheels for the old Xbox were not compilable with the 360 was because the old xbox didn't use USB, the 360 and PC's all do. As long as the new Xbox uses USB you shouldn't have any problems.

Useless info: If you take an old Xbox's controller, cut off the end of the wire and splice it into a USB end you can use it on the PC without a problem.

Can you connect your Xbox 360 to a CSR wheel using a USB. i thought it was wireless?
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Sim Racing Sets?   The Future of Sim Racing Sets? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 6:07 pm

xToxicEiREx wrote:
Can you connect your Xbox 360 to a CSR wheel using a USB. i thought it was wireless?

It's wireless for the Xbox but you connect it up via USB to a PC. You CAN do this for the XBOX but it doesn't change it's wireless connection to wired.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
xToxicEiREx

xToxicEiREx

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Sim Racing Sets?   The Future of Sim Racing Sets? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 6:22 pm

Yeah I might get one gotta do some research
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Sim Racing Sets?   The Future of Sim Racing Sets? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Future of Sim Racing Sets?
Page 1 of 1