Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Steel Symphony Owners Championship

Go down 
+12
No1 Tommy Smurf
Hiredgun308
Abramsmech17
Boostbeef
OLDFenderBender
Warpig2011
SSRT DWilkerson
SaintedPlacebo4
oddball7000
Admin/PredatorUSMC
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
SSRT_Pronebird
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:42 pm

with that last comment from prone this sounds less like an effort to make the league better and more like an ego booster for who you deem elite using average drivers as the pawns. not interested anymore.
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:11 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
with that last comment from prone this sounds less like an effort to make the league better and more like an ego booster for who you deem elite using average drivers as the pawns. not interested anymore.

Then you have no desire to get any better.

Do you honestly believe that the fastest drivers in this series are going to give the time of day to someone several seconds off the pace who can't even describe how their car handles?

How many times do people post asking for tunes during the season? How many of those times are they thrown simple little tunes?

This is about helping them so they don't need to ask for the assistance. So they can tune for themselves.

I didn't have to even create this as a championship. I could just run it as a teaching program that offers more intimate involvement with someone who knows what they are doing. The championship was merely added as incentive to get more people to run teams.

This isn't a difficult concept.
Back to top Go down
Abramsmech17

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:19 pm

i know this might be a dumb question, but when are these races supposed to take place. this info is going to make my decision on to join or not.
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:25 pm

This is for the next season of FSCS.

Not stand alone races.
Back to top Go down
oddball7000

oddball7000

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:27 pm

Dont care about this championship anymore, Roscoe is our team boss and we are Nein Shiza!. If you enter him into your bullpoop selective championship whatever. Happy racing.
Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Are you looking for team leaders that are tuners or team leader that are fast racers.
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:18 pm

You have to know how to tune a car.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:22 pm

SSRT_Pronebird wrote:

that puts me out of being a team leader then haha
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:25 pm

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
SSRT_Pronebird wrote:

that puts me out of being a team leader then haha

Feel free to sign up as a driver

See now. This is exactly what I'm talking about. If I had let anyone be an Owner I would have 5 teams already without having anyone to fill them.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Lol. you are talking like i dont want to get better and that i am clueless. Im not the fastest driver, and chances are i wont ever be as fast as the front runners, that doesnt mean i dont want to get better and that doesnt mean that im an illiterate driver. all i have to say is watch out on the track. a rivalry is born.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:00 pm

hate to say this prone bird but you aren't selling this to me and your manners to potential people signing up to the championship is not what I call pleasant

it should not matter who signs up as owners because some people want different things for instance season 8 I wanted to experience being in a team and at the time nobody was driving the V12 Vantage so I created a team to see who wanted to drive the car with me.

and some people might want different things like for fun or to team spirit (not all who want to sign up are needing to learn how to drive)

so it should not matter who signs up as an owner so as long as they have drivers who want to drive for them (it is a game after all)

also (this has been bugging me for a while)

technically your registration does not count because Lotus has nothing to do with Scion all what Toyota do is supply engines and thats it (and Lotus are wanting to make there own engines or were before being bought by an bank I believe), the closest links Lotus has to any other company is Jaguar Land Rover because of developing electric vehicle technology with them

sorry for the response but how you have been treating roscoes sign up and sainted is not pleasant in my opinion
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:16 pm

oddball7000 wrote:
yes but we already have a team with roscoe running it. hes not the main tuner as its more of a collaboration, we help each other. I just dont see what would make us not eligible.

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

oddball7000 wrote:
Dont care about this championship anymore, Roscoe is our team boss and we are Nein Shiza!. If you enter him into your bullshit selective championship whatever. Happy racing.

I was nothing but polite until people started attacking. I was on the fence the entire time about having Roscoe as an owner.

I'll lose my patience very quickly when people haven't read what this was designed to do from the get go.

I'm also not an idiot. I KNOW that Lotus isn't owned by Toyota. I KNOW that they only use their engines, but I did this as I didn't want to limit the number of car choices available to myself. I would make the same allowances for anyone else. Example being finding a few other manufacturer choices for the likes of Koenigsegg, Mclaren, or Nissan.

I've put the time in and thought this through. I did not make you post here. You do not have to be a part of this. If it isn't for you do not post here and most of all do not disrespect what I am trying to do here because YOU don't think it's being done properly.

I said once I'll say it again. There is already a team championship. I am not going to make a frivolous second one.

Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:23 pm

SSRT_Pronebird wrote:
Making a change. Owners must have demonstrated the ability to tune and race well above average. I'm looking for people with race wins and championships.

I'm not going to allow Roscoe and Sainted to be Owners here. I'm not convinced you have the skills to teach properly. If you would like to be drivers then please do.
...As i appreciete the love...
prone...you lil' girl more then warpig now you call out drivers that have only been in the series for two seasons show up every week and have the tollerence to put up with your bull eliteist attitude! not only are you a baby but now you have a target on your back...nice...IM a F'ing sniper I'll get you from long range...nein shiza wheather involved in your thing or not its on ...fyi me being a bad driver/tuner/human i still believe my caddy will destroy your lil scion F.ull R.ectal S.quirt... we alredy had a full team now you don't know where it will come from...
ohhh but it will come!!! For i am he who rides the white steed and you are a donkey show...take it prone its in your name...[b][i]NEIN SHIZA AUTOSPORTS!!!
Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Prone you must have an idea of who you would allow to be a team leader. Maybe it would be better to list who you would allow to be a team leader so people don't apply then get turned down. It's your deal you do what you want its just an idea.

Last edited by RAFT Hiredgun on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:44 pm

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
SSRT_Pronebird wrote:
Making a change. Owners must have demonstrated the ability to tune and race well above average. I'm looking for people with race wins and championships.

I'm not going to allow Roscoe and Sainted to be Owners here. I'm not convinced you have the skills to teach properly. If you would like to be drivers then please do.
...As i appreciete the love...
prone...you lil' girl more then warpig now you call out drivers that have only been in the series for two seasons show up every week and have the tollerence to put up with your bullshit eliteist attitude! not only are you a baby but now you have a target on your back...nice...IM a F'ing sniper I'll get you from long range...nein shiza wheather involved in your thing or not its on ...fyi me being a bad driver/tuner/human i still believe my caddy will destroy your lil scion F.ull R.ectal S.quirt... we alredy had a full team now you don't know where it will come from...
ohhh but it will come!!! For i am he who rides the white steed and you are a donkey show...take it prone its in your name...[b][i]NEIN SHIZA AUTOSPORTS!!!

I didn't call him out. Based on where he usually runs and where you usually run I made the decision. Myself, Dan, Boost, Fender, Hiredgun are all far and away statistically better drivers. There is no eliteist attitude here. The drivers I will accept as owners are the best the series has to offer. They have proven it.

I've offered you a position as a driver. I guess your replies show you aren't even worthy of being a driver.

I don't expect my team to go out each week and kill the competition. That isn't the point. I want the opportunity to show some of the less skilled drivers that are having a hard how they can tune for themselves. I want to see improvement of any kind for the drivers of this series that continually struggle. I would hope that the better tuners in the league would feel the same way.

If some of you want to take this out on me personally feel free. Then again maybe you should work on discovering that thing called a podium first. It's not just a myth.

I hope BIMMER reads this though.... he's gonna be rolling.

They know how to make a car fast and have the ability to help people that continually struggle in B and C room.
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:45 pm

RAFT Hiredgun wrote:
Prone you must have an idea of who you would allow to be a team leader. Maybe it would be better to list who you would allow to be a team leader so people don't apply then get turned down.

Made this statement, but I will put this in the main post. Meant to do that anyways. Thank you for reminding me.

Owners must have demonstrated the ability to tune and race well above average. I'm looking for people with race wins and championships.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:50 pm

RAFT Hiredgun wrote:
Prone you must have an idea of who you would allow to be a team leader. Maybe it would be better to list who you would allow to be a team leader so people that don't apply then get turned down
the thing was hired i asked him, then posted, then got confirmation! he made it personal
he could have pm'ed me But to have him blast the b c rooms...F him and his donkey lol!
great way to end and start a new season
and to this i say GOOD DAY SIR!!!
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:54 pm

So now youre saying Roscoe isnt worthy of being a driver because he doesnt want to have to put up with someone he, and quite a few others, dislike? Last time i ever give you ANY extra space to get by, last time i step out of the racing line because youre fighting for a spot.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:56 pm

me as a driver tuner have come along way tough not far enough your at your ceiling prone we get it now you have lit a fire for us horrible forza players thank you
GOOD DAY SIR...
NEIN SHIZA AUTOSPORTS
Back to top Go down
oddball7000

oddball7000

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:58 pm

"There is no eliteist attitude here."
"Then again maybe you should work on discovering that thing called a podium first. It's not just a myth."

I used to think you were alright pronebird but youve proven yourself not just to be hypocritical but an absolute twat. This is the last im saying on the matter.
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:59 pm

1st: Find where I directly insulted people who race in B or C room.

2nd: I'm not going to allow someone into this who is going to be an butthole. I have been nothing but polite and you continue to attack me.

I don't care if anyone likes me or not. I really don't. At the end of the day I'm the one making an effort here. I don't see either of you doing anything to better the league. You would rather criticize those who want to help.
Back to top Go down
Abramsmech17

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:38 pm

if someone would like me to be their driver, i may like to be apart of this, it just all depends on what im driving. if i feel its not worth it then im not going to do it. i do like being apart of a team but i do like racing with the guys that have been turned down. im kind of in the middle on this one. but nevertheless let me know.
Back to top Go down
Boostbeef

Boostbeef

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:39 pm

does this mean Roscoe's stepping up to GT? or is he talking about owning a GT team?

because the team owner is suppose to be in the opposite class as his team.
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:41 pm

Abramsmech17 wrote:
if someone would like me to be their driver, i may like to be apart of this, it just all depends on what im driving. if i feel its not worth it then im not going to do it. i do like being apart of a team but i do like racing with the guys that have been turned down. im kind of in the middle on this one. but nevertheless let me know.

You can absolutely drive.

Keep an eye out here as I update teams.

I encourage you to contact any teams you would like to drive for. This way they can work with you to select a car you would like to drive. Nothing is set in stone as far as car selection goes.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:02 pm

Guys, please don't bash something if you disagree with it. I ask EVERYONE to refrain from calling names and cursing. I do understand both sides of the argument and points trying to be made. The first thing I can say is racers there is and will always be a team championship run through the series that this Pronebird sponsored event will have no effect on.
I think Pronebird's goal was to have the best tuners and experienced racers to help others who may be not as good at tuning or maybe good but are looking to learn more. It is a good idea IMHO. I could be wrong but i think his idea was to have one person "the owner" provide tunes and advice to all whom he sponsors. kind of like a racing instructor would help a student understand that racing is a lot more than just driving fast. There are things like apex, throttle application, lines and understanding why a proper line/apex can really hurt or help a lap time. For tune, there is a language that a driver must be able to relay what the car is doing so the team owner can tune the car to each tracks dynamic. Maybe instead of calling them teams call them tune shops and have the competition via that. Each tune shop will list what drivers it provides tunes for and from that some type of point system would be developed.

But in the end it's Pronbirds idea and if someone does not agree then there is no requirement to compete. But threats and the like are not needed. Send him a PM if you don't agree or have a question. I would be willing to bet that if questions were asked directly of Pronebird his answers would explain things that would clear up things that really are not as negative as some may see it or understand it as.

Respect is contagious.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steel Symphony Owners Championship   Steel Symphony Owners Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steel Symphony Owners Championship
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next