Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP

Go down 
+22
NSA Roca
Basicblaq
No1 Tommy Smurf
HUGH B 006
lukemad9999
Zenrad
monette92
bigdutyDMomoney
Ruptured Duck77
Blahzay xxl
Swan
AAR WolfPack
The LSA
bombsquadguy
killerz2801
R3troD
Raceboy77
SaintedPlacebo4
Dr PiiHB
Matthnt
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Admin/PredatorUSMC
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Basicblaq

SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:52 pm

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
Basicblaq wrote:
Hiredgun308 wrote:
The incident killer is/was up set about was when a gt drive was try to pass me through the s curve and ran off in the attempt to pass. I'm sure it wasn't the gt drivers intention to come out on the track in front of killer to mess him up but more to get back to racing. It did mess killer up and he does have a right to be upset because killer may have been able to catch me. That is not really a place to try an pass. The gt driver could have waited till the straight but didn't that's racing in the heat of the moment. I myself was passed many times in risky place by several gt driver this race. Its the gt drivers responsibility to pass the GS class cleanly.

yes..I agree both racers should pick a line. There is no reason why GS car should stay in the middle of a turn or straight...I have seen this in pass races.

B Room GS guys were really good I was able to go around then in turns with no issue...so of them even pulled off to the side which they didn't need to do
basic i lagged out before you could lap me but let me assure you i would have been in the middle of the corners if its me fliping or you having to wait.... well my friend im not flipping;)

See ya on the track and we can discuss this like racers LOL

OBTW next time U ask me to change to score bucket individually make sure U don't lag out LOL
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:58 pm

On the GT to GS passing issue. I agree the passing need not be made at extreme risk to either car or driver. I know I have made some aggressive passes on GT and or GS drivers. But I do them knowing I can make the pass clean and without contact. YES, it might be razor close but I trust my skill level and track awareness (and those who I will make such passes on) to get it done. Everyone has a different risk level and tolerance for said risk.

My only complaint that will cause me to 'force' a pass on a GS car is when ON CERTAIN AREAS OF A TRACK a GS car can keep nearly the same pace as a GT car. This may last for 2 or three corners each with a couple short chute straights involved. The GT car can't really just breeze by because the GS car is lighter and thus can handle just as well in those tight corners and also get out of the corner as well as the GT car. Then what happens is the GT car can't make a pass for a whole section and is being 'held up' by the GS car who doesn't have to move over but there is no reason to 'race' the GT car through a whole group of corners and straights to prove you can. All it takes is a small lift off the throttle to 'let' the GT car carry on without affecting either cars lap time much at all. For me when I see this happen I will force the pass because the GS car is going to 'race' me through a whole section which allows the car behind to close a gap I may have busted my butt to make or lose the ground I made up on the car in front.

I have made passing errors I sure have. I only get mad during a race when a GS car wants to race me in sections that they are nearly as fast in thus holding me or a GT car up. I don't say much because that's part of racing. But since it's been brought up I as a racer wanted to voice my opinion.

Just my thought.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:20 pm

for that large middle paragraph pred, imho i think that being held up in a section where you are traveling a similar speed as the GS car is part of multiclass racing. the GS class is having its own race going on, we dont have to move for a GT if we dont want to, you have said it yourself and its in the rules the GT car is responsible for the pass. how many times have you watched a race on tv and heard/seen a driver in a higher class being held up by a lower classed car. that guy isnt going to move, especially if it might cost them. You get held up for a few turns well that is the things you have to deal with by being in the faster class and you shouldnt force a pass you should wait until it is safe to pass. i thoroughly disagree with the idea that its okay to force a pass if you are being held up due to the section of track that makes it hard to pass due to speed similarities. wait and pass when its safe. too many times that EXACT mindset is what takes out a GS guy. shame.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:31 pm

Basicblaq wrote:
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
Basicblaq wrote:
Hiredgun308 wrote:
The incident killer is/was up set about was when a gt drive was try to pass me through the s curve and ran off in the attempt to pass. I'm sure it wasn't the gt drivers intention to come out on the track in front of killer to mess him up but more to get back to racing. It did mess killer up and he does have a right to be upset because killer may have been able to catch me. That is not really a place to try an pass. The gt driver could have waited till the straight but didn't that's racing in the heat of the moment. I myself was passed many times in risky place by several gt driver this race. Its the gt drivers responsibility to pass the GS class cleanly.

yes..I agree both racers should pick a line. There is no reason why GS car should stay in the middle of a turn or straight...I have seen this in pass races.

B Room GS guys were really good I was able to go around then in turns with no issue...so of them even pulled off to the side which they didn't need to do
basic i lagged out before you could lap me but let me assure you i would have been in the middle of the corners if its me fliping or you having to wait.... well my friend im not flipping;)

See ya on the track and we can discuss this like racers LOL

OBTW next time U ask me to change to score bucket individually make sure U don't lag out LOL
ohh no he didnt.....
snap...............
................snap
snap...............
Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:37 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
On the GT to GS passing issue. I agree the passing need not be made at extreme risk to either car or driver. I know I have made some aggressive passes on GT and or GS drivers. But I do them knowing I can make the pass clean and without contact. YES, it might be razor close but I trust my skill level and track awareness (and those who I will make such passes on) to get it done. Everyone has a different risk level and tolerance for said risk.

My only complaint that will cause me to 'force' a pass on a GS car is when ON CERTAIN AREAS OF A TRACK a GS car can keep nearly the same pace as a GT car. This may last for 2 or three corners each with a couple short chute straights involved. The GT car can't really just breeze by because the GS car is lighter and thus can handle just as well in those tight corners and also get out of the corner as well as the GT car. Then what happens is the GT car can't make a pass for a whole section and is being 'held up' by the GS car who doesn't have to move over but there is no reason to 'race' the GT car through a whole group of corners and straights to prove you can. All it takes is a small lift off the throttle to 'let' the GT car carry on without affecting either cars lap time much at all. For me when I see this happen I will force the pass because the GS car is going to 'race' me through a whole section which allows the car behind to close a gap I may have busted my butt to make or lose the ground I made up on the car in front.

I have made passing errors I sure have. I only get mad during a race when a GS car wants to race me in sections that they are nearly as fast in thus holding me or a GT car up. I don't say much because that's part of racing. But since it's been brought up I as a racer wanted to voice my opinion.

Just my thought.

If there nearly the same pace your not really being held up that much then. You and the other car will lose more time by forcing a pass. Wait for a section that there is no lose of time for you or the slower car. That being said if the gt car is in a close race for a position the ask the GS car to let you two by so you can keep the close race going I'm almost sure the GS guy will let you both by if he isn't in a close battle with another car in his class. My instances this race the gt car were not racing for position but I was. It boils down to respect. You show respect you'll probably get it in return.

Last edited by Hiredgun308 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:39 pm

If drivers want to "force" a pass, which is a nice way to say wreck someone. Then I as a driver can "force" a block. Is this right? I give room when there is room to give. I can stop doing that just as easy. Pretty sure nobody is going to like that as a whole.

Also, well said hired
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:49 pm

moving isnt out of the question but it is not a requirement, i just find it poor conduct to force a pass rather than be patient. you cant always pass a GS car the second you catch them unimpeded. well said hired. i wouldnt deny room, and if its like yesterday with 3 or 4 guys head to tail ill give room. i remember one instance where i held the outside on the hairpin and therefor the outside going up the hill ess thing, but i went back into line after only 2 passed me because i wouldnt have been able to make the turn up the hill. sorry for the guy back there but if it happens it happens i cant hit the dirt so that i dont hold up someone where i have a right to the race surface.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:15 pm

when someone asks me to move out of the way when it does not affect my chase or getting away from a rival then I will move out the way and most of the GT drivers in my own experience are good at notifying me of their intentions and in most cases accommodating especially if you are challenging for position.

However you do get the occasional driver who does not run with microphones or fails to communicate their intentions with GS drivers that is when it gets both challenging and dangerous.

Thankfully I have not had any incidents of contact from GT cars trying to pass me but I will admit their have been times I have had to take evasive action because of a GT car either mis calculating or failing to communicate.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:22 pm

-insert safest racing record here-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:44 pm

SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 8507684693_76734494ab_c

SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 8507684741_e45b1571d8_c

SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 8508790674_bfa32d30e5_c

SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 8508790740_89fe925e7a_c

SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 8508790792_190f6c8ff5_c

SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 8508790616_bb58ea4a5a_c

SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 8507731553_bdeec6fc9b_c

SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 8508838330_f36dd85ea5_c

SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 8507731653_2603b41cd6_c

SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 8507731511_d3cd148940_c

SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 8508848284_c007d940fe_c
Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:54 pm

Raceboy77 wrote:
-insert safest racing record here-

I don't hear anything I think its broke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:10 pm

looks like team points have been updated but they still arnt in the right order pred
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Haha funny hired. Nice pics no brakes.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:14 pm

Forcing a pass is not equivalent to forcing a crash. Not even close. That should never be implied. However, sometimes in racing that 'force' is necessary.

By forcing a pass I mean taking a line that makes the GS car 'have' to let you by. THIS move also applies to passing within a class...its a classic take the line away so as you pass the person being passed can't block or prevent the pass.

YES, I do understand multi-class racing and that waiting in some sections comes with the territory. What I am talking about doesn't happen all the time just on occasion. To clarify I am not talking a couple tight corners or sections. I am talking sections where there is enough room and time and track for the pass to happen effectively but the GS car (to me) at times seems to be trying to prove something. Yes, I know what I have asked as far as GS cars reaction to a GT car and I stand by that 100% still. My point specifically is only about a GS car trying to race with/against a GT car thus hindering it from making the clean pass. A GT doesn't have to wait until some long straight to pass. I was not trying to stir the pot just voicing my opinion or thoughts as a racer as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Nice Pictures No Brakes! Nice.

And Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:17 pm

wicked pictures man, series photographer ftw? love the corner cut by the way blahzay. and hired, you know it's true Smile. oh and thanks for capturing my canadian flag in the pics i was in Smile i know you kind of had to unless you wanted to only see my car though :p
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:33 pm

Oh, well thats surprising i never tried to race a GT but i have found myself cornering better and catching up to them, or getting a better exit. not to race them but because im running my own race and i wont yield for a car that is supposed to find its way out of their line and around mine. that said i do change lanes when asked on straights and when the situation asks for it take the high road in a corner.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:50 pm

On another note. It was a great race in GT from third on back! It was nose to tail bumper to bumper for 50 laps! That was a very intense race. Mad at myself for a couple of errors that cost me. errors cost me maybe 2 or 3 seconds but it was so competitive I could never really get close enough to mount an attack. I stayed that same 2 or 3 seconds back up until lap 45 or so when I decided to not push as hard and just get the finish. I don't think the pack spilt up other than pit strategy. Great close racing!

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Raceboy77 wrote:
wicked pictures man, series photographer ftw? love the corner cut by the way blahzay. and hired, you know it's true Smile. oh and thanks for capturing my canadian flag in the pics i was in Smile i know you kind of had to unless you wanted to only see my car though :p
Glad you likes the pics, as for cleanest record i can remember you hitting me at sebring a few seasons ago... Wink
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:01 pm

SVT No Brakes wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:
Glad you likes the pics, as for cleanest record i can remember you hitting me at sebring a few seasons ago... Wink

llllaaaaaggggg you remember it wasn't my fault c'mon :p
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:37 pm

Raceboy77 wrote:
SVT No Brakes wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:

I think it was just a glitch in your early robot software before you perfected it but still you wrecked me!!! Lol
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:47 pm

SVT No Brakes wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:
SVT No Brakes wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:

I think it was just a glitch in your early robot software before you perfected it but still you wrecked me!!! Lol

lolol probably. and lag wrecks don't count :p
Back to top Go down
The LSA

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 8:20 pm

Freakin' Canadians.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 8:20 pm

The LSA wrote:
Freakin' Canadians.

so patient and nice Smile cuddle time? <3
Back to top Go down
The LSA

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Ummm find me first corner next practice. Then cuddle time. Also, thanks No Brakes for the glamor shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP   SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SEASON 9 RACE 10 NURBURGRING GP
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next