Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FM5 trouble

Go down 
+17
Raceboy77
Dr PiiHB
o351
MTBVator
Maxximilllion
Tetsukitsune
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
AAR WolfPack
SaintedPlacebo4
No1 Tommy Smurf
NSA Roca
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Blahzay xxl
Tachyon Racing
KICKROCKS29
Old King
AAR GTDon
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

FM5 trouble - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:46 pm

CitizenS0ldier3 wrote:
hate to say it, but only havin 2000 points on the mtn dew bid thing aint gonna get me an Xbox one. This will be my last season. I have so much crap to do at school and honestly this is cutting into it but I feel like things are going to ramp up as soon as this is over, hopefully my lag issues don't persist and I can enjoy the next 40 races between spec st gs and gtr.
If next season is on F5 i wont be here. I hope that GT6 will allow you to paint your faprs like forza.. but lets not hold our breathe. I will say though that ill be very pleased if GT6 has some forza elements in it ie the painting and personalization factor. If it was to have that i wouldnt ever buy Forza again.

And blahzay you can call us cry babies but you really sound like a Forza and microsoft fanboy. Talking bout all games are like that now anyways? uh nope. not at all. when i buy NCAA 14 i dont buy 2 stadiums and i can only play as offense, and i have to pay 50 bucks to play on defense. Although i hop ei dont give them ideas. Every game in my collection that has dlc availible is optional and stupid little things for like 99c anyways. FOrza is easily the biggest dlc whore on the market. Im going to get me a ps4, a wheel, and gt6 (followed by 7) and have me a grand ole time on 14 laser scanned tracks and 35 other tracks. Btw of those laser scanned tracks there will be Bathurst and Spa and the Nordshliefe. SOmething forza wont have. And 1200+ cars. Not to mention the fact that over 300 of them will be highly detailed beyond what they were in gt5, and all the lower grade cards are also getting an overhaul to be up to par with forza 4 detail. so basically im geting 900 fm4 detailed cars and 350 fm5 detail cars... and 49 tracks (not counting layouts, and i get street courses and i get weather adn i get day and night) And all without paying more than the titel itself. Hmmm 6.99 for ever ten cars past 200 is what blahzay? couple hundred bucks? So you saying GT6 should cost $1000 because 'thats how all games work" nah. SOny gets it Boo boo done right. I only bought the xbox for forza and with five being a giant turd even before release with a shitty developemental team behind it it leaves and even worse taste in my mouth. Boo boo how do the wheel users feel? Their wheels wont work on fm5. Pred? You planning on dropping 500 bucks on a new wheel? on top of the 500 bucks to get all teh tracks and cars that should have came with the game anyways? Boo boo plus 500 for the system. damn preds invested in 1500 at least in this game. F Word im glad im not in his shoes. that dude is a baller if he can throw down that much to get the same game with better graphics.
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 pm

@sainted, amen brah. I agree with every word you just said. *Pred the baller,I like that
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Mannnnn, I am a baller on a budget then. lol! 

But on the real...to be perfectly honest I left Gran Turismo to come to Forza. I ran a league over there for about a year.  But when GT3 came out and it was missing so much I bought an XBOX and Forza 2 and the rest is history.  It has been a great run.

I am not one to jump to conclusions or ride on the coattails of other peoples opinions.  NO, I am not happy with the direction Turn 10 has taken. NO I am not happy they spent all the time on Forzavista instead of using that time to cars & tracks. I think the Driveatar thingy if it is what they say it is will be something good maybe great. The resources on tire and car physics could really be a game changer. Graphically it looks near photo realistic.  I see the pro's I see the con's.  I have not played either..so to be true to who I am I gotta see for myself. Then I will make my own decisions and assessments.  

I have a little birdy inside Fanatec I have communicated with that won't deny they are working on a work around for the CSR line of wheels and pedals. So, fingers crossed on that.  If not...Yeah it will be a controller. If forza 5 figures out a way to wow me racing wise then a wheel will be in my future baller budget. BUT ONLY if it is at least = to the quality of the Fanatec product. Anything less and they gets nothin!

As for the future of our 'little' series here. (I guess we have haters in another series) I will carefully consider any decision made. I of course know that whatever decision is made I will lose some and I will gain some. I appreciate EVERY SINGLE racer in this series.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:27 am

I aint about being a fan boy and im not going to buy a different console for gt6 I don't care if Igota buy ttacks and cars and im not gonna go crying about because im un happy about tracks or what not...like I said if you are un happy shut and go buy gt6 this is a forza fourm. Im not going to worry about it this is the game I like so ill pay ..if you don't like it don't buy it bottom line. Im a sneaker head and jordans first came out they were under a 100$ now they are 200$ guess what ppl still pay for them, and all the good game call of duty battlefield ect. you pay buddy you pay.....

Like I said if your tired of this forza franchise beat it stop posting in here about how you don't like this or that turn 10 doesn't care nor do I take they cry baby stuff yo the gt5-6 fourms
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:03 am

blaz sounds like a turn 10 mod scratch
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:10 am

lol naw just saying if anyone not feeling the game just don't buy it the game is already shipping and its not going to change ..so deal with it and move on or buy it ijs..not trying to make anyone mad just don't understand why complain about something you can't change.
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:14 am

Blahzay xxl wrote:
lol naw just saying if anyone not feeling the game just don't buy it the game is already shipping and its not  going to change ..so deal with it and move on or buy it ijs..not trying to make anyone mad just don't understand why complain about something you can't change.
People are just trying to discuss (and yes, vent a little) and figure out what they/others are going to do in the context of the Series. This change is obviously going to have a big impact on things for some time....
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:28 am

true but its more of venting maybe we should have a post on forza 5 roll call or something .. a thread like this aa meeting lol I was just rufflin feathers but see all of the complaints lets say yes or no
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:43 am

Blahzay xxl wrote:
true but its more of venting maybe we should have a post on forza 5 roll call or something  .. a thread like this aa meeting lol I was just rufflin feathers but see all of the complaints lets say yes or no
Agreed. I did suggest something to Pred about doing a poll on people's intentions, so we can start planning for Season XII.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:07 pm

Tachyon Racing wrote:
Blahzay xxl wrote:
true but its more of venting maybe we should have a post on forza 5 roll call or something  .. a thread like this aa meeting lol I was just rufflin feathers but see all of the complaints lets say yes or no
Agreed.  I did suggest something to Pred about doing a poll on people's intentions, so we can start planning for Season XII.
I guess we need to first off see how good or otherwise bad Forza 5 will be for a racing league.

then in theory we could either stick with FM4, move to FM5 or even do both (i.e. have it where you can take part in the FM4 league or the FM5 league) but that might would probably need a lot more man power sadly
Back to top Go down
Tetsukitsune

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 1:48 am

I would vote for staying on FM4 at least one more season cause I don't know too many people who are picking up on launch date, and none who are too happy about the redux.

In my separate opinion, higher graphics + better physics = more space = less content. Perhaps they will release those tracks later when they are redone, and perhaps they should charge money for it. To me it makes sense since you're not buying tracks or cars from the 360, you're getting them for the next gen. They're going to look way better, feel way smoother and realistically take more time and work to make.

Welcome to economics capitalism.
Back to top Go down
Maxximilllion

Maxximilllion

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 5:37 am

From my conversations with folks, the hardcore fan boys will be all over the new system, while the rest will be split by staying with FM4 for a while and those moving on to GT5. So until the titles drop, noway to know what the numbers will be, all you can do is post the platform and see who shows.

I smell........Swan?

Back to top Go down
http://www.neinshiza.net84.net
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 6:08 am

@Max thats right on. I might just decide to drop a metric boooty tone of money on a new cpu and then get a darn good wheel and go cpu. More than likely though ill get a PS4 sooner than i would have expected and see what happens there.
Back to top Go down
MTBVator

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 5:12 pm

I did a lap around Laguna Seca on a demo version of F5, XBone.  I can't give a great comparison, as I am a wheel driver, but the demo was using a controller.

to start, the controller seemed a bit cobby.  With release a week away, hopefully that is only a developmental prototype.

As I drove around the track, I noticed no great graphics improvement.  I was focused on the track and physics rather than the scenery.  There was a moment of frame rate drop, which is entirely unimpressive, a quarter second freeze coming into turn 6.  The most noticeable thing graphically was the 'sun in your eyes' effect.

the controls...  It was as if the left stick was a d-pad, on or off.  To get through the corners I had to 'tap and release', or the steering would progress to full lock.

as for the physics,  it would seem there was far less traction available.

I don't know what level of assists were on at the time.  The AI, ( only 4 present) were probably set to the easiest level.  

To say I wasn't impressed wouldn't be an understatement.  As my wife has already pre ordered the XBone, I will end up with the game and perhaps my impressions will change.  I hope so, or this will be the last Forza.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 5:29 pm

@ MTBVator

cheers for your opinion on it and won't lie not filling me with much confidence on my pre-order.

However we do need to remember the car you drove would be most likely stock and we are more used to driving cars with tyres better than stock and with aero parts fitted to them.

Plus do not know what settings are available on the game, like Forza 4 you can choose steering you wish to have, but you noted that as well.

What does concern me however is the frame rate drop you experienced, which I hope the Xbox you played was a prototype (I know they managed to find more power out of the xbox nearer to release date) but that maybe wishful thinking on my end.

Controller wise I will remain open to that considering that is something very open to opinion of the end user (like some people liked the PS3 controller over the xbox 360 controller).

I still say we should wait to see both reviews of Forza 5 and see how people find it once we get our hands on it without restriction etc.

but as I said certainly not confidence inspiring.
Back to top Go down
MTBVator

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 8:09 pm

Yes, I meant to mention stock cars and some version of default controller settings that I am not used to. I use a phone for my internet portal 98% of the time, hunt and peck typing with size 12 fingers and a size 4 keyboard, a great deal of content can be lost...

This demo was at Microsoft home offices, my wife works there. It was a technology fair, encompassing all sorts of gadgets. Concerning Xbox, there were about 5 units running games across the spectrum. Forza was attracting the most attention. Smile. MAD CATS had a display, their wheel doesn't look as low quality as it had been stated in some forums I've seen. It did only have two pedals. In appearance, it is closer to my fanatec than my old Xbox wired wheel. It did have a metal core, for instance. I know that I push hard on the wheel quite often(unconsciously pushing front tires to the ground for grip???? Lol), so that is a plus for that product.

The graphics on the other games present looked outstanding. My momentary lag type spike could have been power related...

if anyone asks me about this experience over comms, online, I may ignore your question if my wife is present. She firmly believes in Microsoft and its products, and we will end up fighting if she overhears too much negativity from me. Soon all will be able to form an opinion from hands on testing, which will be far more valuable than others relating theirs, anyhoo.
Back to top Go down
o351

o351

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 7:37 am

Hello old friends,
I would have to say that after reading every post in this thread I still look forward to coming back out of retirement for Forza 5 in the FSCS. Its time for change, We need something new and I hope that FM5 still delivers.
For those of you upgrading systems, please send me an invite and let's go racing on the next gen. console.
I plan on transferring my GT. so just Look for o351, and we will see ya all soon on FM5!
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:28 am

@o351 i wouldnt go assuming anything about where the series may or may not end up as it depends what happens with the new game. I cannot confirm that the series will make the jump to FM5 until after FM5 is released and tested. However, that does not mean the SCS will vanish. It just means that options will be re-evaluated. I would like to keep the group we have together and henceforth would like us to try to make as much of a group decision and jump as possible. For myself personally, if the SCS moves onto FM5 i wont be there. I have my own possibilities with Online racing or with the release of GT6 (depending on how far its come). On another note. This guy is getting himself a wheel soon.
Back to top Go down
o351

o351

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:15 pm

A little confused here, Does Predator USMC not run this site any more?
Back to top Go down
MTBVator

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:05 pm

Yes, pred is still the HMFIC.

Semper Fi,
Vator. 0313. Separated 1991.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 4:01 pm

o351 wrote:
A little confused here, Does Predator USMC not run this site any more?
Yup, still here o351. Last 2 weeks been a little absent but I am still here mixing it up with some great racing.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Im the second in command and will relay things where needed. While ultimately the site and series is in his control i do my best to offer advice and assistance where possible.
Back to top Go down
o351

o351

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 6:03 pm

Great to see ya still running the series Pred.
I am really looking forward to Forza 5 and cant wait for your season 12 to begin. You will be holding season 12 on the new console wont you?
I'm not really wanting to go find another series to race but I am completly burnt out on forza 4 and am only (like most) gearing up for FM5.

Are Jeckle Sambinsky and kickrox still around? (maybe 5 Marines was a bit much for 1 series.) lol

@MTBVator Nice to meet you Devil Dog. is forza 4 the only game you play?
btw separation date for me was 94
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 6:16 pm

and a future navy guy right here
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 10:12 am

o351 wrote:
Great to see ya still running the series Pred.
I am really looking forward to Forza 5 and cant wait for your season 12 to begin. You will be holding season 12 on the new console wont you?
I'm not realanting to go find another series to race but I am completly burnt out on forza 4 and am only (like most) gearing up for FM5.

Are Jeckle Sambinsky and kickrox still around? (maybe 5 Marines was a bit much for 1 series.) lol

@MTBVator Nice to meet you Devil Dog. is forza 4 the only game you play?
btw separation date for me was 94
burnt out is a understatement for me you can't even find anyone on forza 4. until qualifying times...I know I missed a lot this season but there is no passion for this game as far as for me...i love to race on the game and this is the only game I play so I will be on the xbox one and forza 5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FM5 trouble
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forza Sports Car Series Forums :: Forza Motorsport 5-
Jump to: