Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta

Go down 
+27
onewickeddsm
s0ul harv3st
Kayotic Cal
vV Science Vv
ox FASTLANE xo
Luongo27
xxHENCHMAN24xx
sniper919
stymer
THF dvsSublime
ClownNinjaUSMC
JoshdaSquash
TyrannicCymbals
RR Rowdy Burns
snowman529
BIMM3RR
R3troD
Basticular
TheManNowDog777
Red R0tor
Raceboy77
jpnvr4
Matthnt
PSEUDO 45
Bradsz
Basicblaq
Admin/PredatorUSMC
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Kayotic Cal

Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:09 pm

No its the other way around Last place says clear first says go. But didnt O3 says the last GT car (henchmen) was suppose to call clear and the Duc (GTC) started on his own.
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:36 pm

You guys need to learn to completely blow a corner like a pro like me Cool

Back to top Go down
Zed 0 Sick

Zed 0 Sick

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:52 pm

Nice video bro haha!! B room went smoothly for the first 25 laps or so than we had soem issues with lag I'm not upset about ti because stuff hapens..Everyone for the most part raced pretty clean and fast so no problems on my end besides some lag spikes.
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:25 pm

BIMM3RR wrote:
Honestly I am just glad to see the competitive fire, we wouldn't be competing if we were all holding hands and singing kumbayah while apologizing for turning turn 10a on road atlanta into a parking lot....

You mean like Pred did during one of the 4-5 races we had to restart?

2nd Grade definition of "avoidable contact" - Contact which can be avoided.

When someone is on your inside and you can clearly see that you cannot turn in without hitting them, let them go...
When someone is on your outside and you are BEHIND them while the car in front is actually turning to make the corner and the car behind is still going straight (probably still on the brakes) its the following cars duty to attempt to make the corner without an incident. But when you make contact, sending one driver spinning around while giving them 35% rear end damage. I would say that contact could have been avoided.

Seeing as how this actually happened during a race and the party involved who caused the damage immediately says "Not penalty worry, we were both hard on the brakes, blah blah blah" I find it quite funny how the avoidable contact rule can be molded to fit one person's needs. Your car didn't get damage, mine did so its a "racing incident"

Everyone in A room knows I was not the one calling for a restart, I actually wanted to keep going. I figure the entire reason why Pred decided on lap 3 to want a restart after he took me out is because he knew it would be penalty worthy after a review of the replay. However you put it 35% rear end damage is significant

Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:43 pm

I think what pissed everyone off was that it happend on lap 3 but we didnt restart until lap 5.
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:01 pm

Basticular wrote:
I think what pissed everyone off was that it happend on lap 3 but we didnt restart until lap 5.
More like Lap 6 and the Funny think is only the GT guys backed out...GTC was till going cause there was no incident.

Hey Fender sorry about that turn..I though you were still on the grass when I passed you I didn't realize that you were right beside me Sorry Man
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:19 pm

Henchman sorry you were having a bad day man but you were in the wrong. I think that to much is just considered a "racing indecent" and it makes people think that driving like that is ok. If you don't do something about it pred its just going to get worse. I'm not blaming you but your officials seem to not be officiating.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realsiticracing.net
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Basicblaq wrote:
Basticular wrote:
More like Lap 6 and the Funny think is only the GT guys backed out...GTC was till going cause there was no incident.

Hey Fender sorry about that turn..I though you were still on the grass when I passed you I didn't realize that you were right beside me Sorry Man

Don't worry about it, besides if I turned anymore to the right my nose would have plowed into the concrete wall
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:55 pm

Basticular wrote:
You guys need to learn to completely blow a corner like a pro like me Cool

OMG that is hilarious. During the first part, all I saw was a streak of color flash by.. I was like, what was that?? A UFO?? Am I having a stroke and seeing colors?? Is my XBox E74ing??

Man talk bout threading the needle. That's some skill, luck or a bit of both. I would love to hear the conversation going on during and after that. You need a "special" prize for that..
Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 4:00 pm

that conversation consisted of me getting a new pair of pants
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 4:06 pm

and me laughing the whole race
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 4:11 pm

Um, I don't know what the fu.....ahhhh almost got me sucked into the bull. I caused NO major incident. You went wide Matt on a mistake I went under to capitalize on your mistake. You tried to close the door but my nose was there. We made light, slight contact which caused me no damage and you got spun. Everyone got through cleanly after our "incident" no parking lot. However, it is such a nice day outside I am getting some fresh air. Ahhhhhh.

And just an FYI, the amount of damage received has 0 to do with what is defined as avoidable contact in racing. Watch the most recent 2 ALMS races you will see that penalty given out once each race, the most recent ROLEX sports car series gave one out early in lap 6, Pirelli world challeng passed em out like skittles last race. When you see what it is then you will understand where I get my definition. Keep your second grade education level to yourself sir.

I requested the restart for you Matt trying to be nice....I could care less about a review. Like I said if I earn it I am man enough to pay the consequences.

PS- EDIT IN:
I will say though the first one they gave out in the Rolex series was questionable. Even the announcers and the actual racer who got hit wondered why the driver got penalized. But the two later in the race where the cars were hit and crashed out to the point of not continuing...they got there penalty to visit pit lane and wait the appropriate time before they were let back on track. The drivers penalized that I mentioned in ALMS and PWC were definately worthy. The other bumping rubbing and 'racing' was not penalized.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:21 pm

i was looking in the rules for when it's too late to restart and i thought it was originally the end of lap 2 but i guess there's nothing official. might be a good thing to make a rule for lol. you guys said it was up to the leader and i said no thinking it was too far in then we ended up restarting anyways :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Raceboy77 wrote:
i was looking in the rules for when it's too late to restart and i thought it was originally the end of lap 2 but i guess there's nothing official. might be a good thing to make a rule for lol. you guys said it was up to the leader and i said no thinking it was too far in then we ended up restarting anyways :/

when im hosting i always leave restarting open til lap 5 is over. i think itd be nice to have it all standardized.
Back to top Go down
ox FASTLANE xo

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 pm

sniper919 wrote:
Henchman sorry you were having a bad day man but you were in the wrong. I think that to much is just considered a "racing indecent" and it makes people think that driving like that is ok. If you don't do something about it pred its just going to get worse. I'm not blaming you but your officials seem to not be officiating.

LOL !! I think there's been to much " Indecent racing " as well !
Back to top Go down
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:24 pm

when is the website and results going to be updated pred?!?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:09 pm

The same as always by Tuesday or wednesday after I review the replays. Brad you are not a rookie stop asking rookie questions! Shocked

There will be some clarification in the rules SOON TO COME. Yes there are some areas left to interpretation that need to be clarified and standardized.

I want to be very very clear on the Avoidable contact rule. Small contact, light touches, things that would not even cause damage if it were 'real' cars DO NOT get penalized. (never have) The penalty is for the most part ONLY issued when a driver makes a move that obviously was 1 very risky that ended in severe contact or 2 was clearly a bad decision that ended in contact with another car and caused significant damage or 3 a driver error that when racing in close quarters the following driver could have backed off in the name of safety to avoid the incident and rear ends the racer in front. When in doubt I use ALMS, Rolex, PWC as examples of what I have seen them do and I follow their lead as best I can with what I can do via Forza physics.

On the most current incident...Oz & Henchman- IMHO I would say this...Henchman had picked his way pretty decisively through the field up until lap 6 without incident. After making the pass BEFORE the braking zone everything looks acceptable. Under threshold braking henchman locks em up a bit and sees that he may hit Science so he goes into the grass to the left to avoid the contact. Science sees this and goes out wide just in case to avoid the possibility of this contact. OZ who had been passed and was now behind henchman when he locked them up and went into the grass on the left took the left hander at full pace and hit henchman. I would say hencman was at fault for the lock up and loss of control but he did evade contact and slid back on track. As a racer I would say why didn't OZ just let off the gas...ease up a sec to decide where Henchman was going or where he was then go on around. Instead he just raced like there was nothing going on in front of him then proceeding to hit henchman. Who's at fault...I would say BOTH could have easily avoided this incident with a less aggressive maneuver on henchmans behalf and more track awareness on OZ's behalf. This whole fiasco could have been avoided by either of those simple actions.

Check out the videos and what do you think? Turn up the volume and listen to the engine sounds it helps to clarify a bit.

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TyrannicCymbals

TyrannicCymbals

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Duc748s wrote:
Kayotic Cal wrote:
Duc i give it to you for sticking it out after the early wreck you had. Like 10+ laps down and you still finished Bravo to you sir, screw hard charger how about a award for him. he was stuck for a few laps and couldnt move. We'll call it the "Thugged It Out Award" lmfao

I would have bounced, but OZ talked me into staying. I was hesitant at first because I didn't know if it would leave the car on the track with an AI driver if I left and I didn't want to screw up the race for the rest of you guys. Man it was tough, 99% engine, 89% Trans, everything else was orangy/red, I think I had a front brake or spring that was good though LOL That's what sucks about Lambos, get hit in the rear and it totals your engine and trans along with areo. Sad

OZ you can keep the 2 cents, since you talked me into staying in the race Smile

Duc, I know the feeling about the aero being damaged on the Lambo and being hit from behind and having the engine damaged. **cough** lap 24 of the 25 voltas de le Mans **cough** second chicane on mulsanne straight **cough**

And Duc, your opinion is definitely welcome here. Doesn't matter if you are a rookie. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kayotic Cal

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:23 pm

It's About, To Go, Down!......(Kevin Hart Voice) Lmfao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Straight crap bro I was penalized for crap now ur not going to do nothing once your off the track ur done plus if I didn't come off as well I would have been on the grass too or the dirt he knew he wasn't making that turn cool no penalty cool ill hand out mine ill see u on the track buddy ( henchmen) ill take my punishment then like u said pred handle it on the track cool trust I will and pred ur telling me its my fault for being at the wrong place at the wrong time
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:44 pm

I completely disagree with you Pred, the rule is rejoin the track safety. Henchmen didn't, plain and simple. That should be on him and not OZ for racing correctly. He cut the corner, regardless of lock up. If that was in ANY form of 'real' racing Henchmans in the wrong because he's cutting the track regardless of what happens after. If you let this stuff continue to happen its going to get worse. The 'have at it' mentality is meant for NASCAR and not sport car racing. And ill tell you right now if corner cutting and making idiotic moves are acceptable expect it from other drivers.

I enjoy racing with you guys on this website but the lack of common sense in terms of penalty's is making me consider leaving the FSCS. I know that if that happened to you pred it would have been a 45 sec penalty for Henchman.

I may reconsider if I was made a series official along with anyone doesn't show favoritism.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realsiticracing.net

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:11 am

sniper919 wrote:
I completely disagree with you Pred, the rule is rejoin the track safety. Henchmen didn't, plain and simple. That should be on him and not OZ for racing correctly. He cut the corner, regardless of lock up. If that was in ANY form of 'real' racing Henchmans in the wrong because he's cutting the track regardless of what happens after. If you let this stuff continue to happen its going to get worse. The 'have at it' mentality is meant for NASCAR and not sport car racing. And ill tell you right now if corner cutting and making idiotic moves are acceptable expect it from other drivers.

I enjoy racing with you guys on this website but the lack of common sense in terms of penalty's is making me consider leaving the FSCS. I know that if that happened to you pred it would have been a 45 sec penalty for Henchman.

I may reconsider if I was made a series official along with anyone doesn't show favoritism.

I agree with you Sniper. IF it was me that pulled that move I would have been skinned and run out of FSCS. ANYONE that attempts to make a pass, off the racing line and just before a series of right and left angle turns and runs off track IS RESPONSIBLE for re-entering the track safely and does not present a hazard to other racers that are on the racing line. In this case it was unfortunately Henchman, but that move was reckless and dangerous. To hard charge, off the race line, just prior to a series of "S" turns and attempt to pass two cars on the race line is crazy. HE went off due to that action, IT IS HIS (or anyone that does this) responsibility to re-enter the track safely. The other racers on the race line have the right of way and should not have to yield to anyone in that situation. If that was Continental or Rolex he would have recieved a stop and go (if it was his first time) I have seen drivers do less and receive a 30 second stop and go.

This is nothing against Henchman, it sucks to be in this position but he made a error and copped to it (minus the excuses), it happens to the best of us. But a penalty need to be enforced in this situation, and any others like this that happen, to preserve the integrity of the series. It's the right (and fare) thing to do.

PS - is there anyway to turn off (or change the color) of the background when replying? It's red and It's hard to see the spelling errors (squiggly red underline) to correct them.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:18 am

Before jumping....walk to the ledge and read. I placed no wrong on one individual. I said both were wrong. Henchman was still trying to gather his car. his fault oz was in control and could have avoided hitting him. His fault. = Both made mistakes. What I ask are THOUGHTFUL public assessments of the video. Your thoughts on what you see not opinions on what I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:11 am

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
Before jumping....walk to the ledge and read. I placed no wrong on one individual. I said both were wrong. Henchman was still trying to gather his car. his fault oz was in control and could have avoided hitting him. His fault. = Both made mistakes. What I ask are THOUGHTFUL public assessments of the video. Your thoughts on what you see not opinions on what I think.

I had a few paragraphs of what I thought...Is that what you are looking for?
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:23 am

RESPECTFUL, THOUGHTFUL. NOT JUDGEMENTAL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta   Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 7 Race 7 50 Laps of Road Atlanta
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next