Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Go down 
+25
Maxximilllion
QlutchElectro
Blahzay xxl
The LSA
Kannibal Fish
DaB1GKahuna 007
killerz2801
lukemad9999
AAR GTDon
AAR WolfPack
Basicblaq
Warpig2011
Dr PiiHB
jpnvr4
Abramsmech17
Raceboy77
NSA Roca
OLDFenderBender
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
No1 Tommy Smurf
SaintedPlacebo4
Basticular
Kamikaze1414
ClownNinjaUSMC
Admin/PredatorUSMC
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 6:10 pm

Yeah, I had a good run battling you Raceboy! My focus was to just keep it clean and stay as close as possible and make no mistakes. Plan worked until lap 21. Suspect

Oh and did I say I LOOOOOVVVED the draft! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 6:23 pm

Well that went way worse than expected. lol Not a lot of fun seeing over half the field pass you on the first straight of the first lap. But to then to get T-boned into turn 1 was, well, just insult to injury.

No hard feelings there kikrox, it was a racing brain fart best I can tell. That sort of thing can be less frequent with a braking line on I will submit.

I understand the desire to try to make everything more real-like in series where the format is sim-everything, but to be honest, it's not really doing any justice to being more real-like, just more mistake prone.

The problem is, real drivers have a great deal more information coming in to their senses than we do, not the least of which is the real-life "screen resolution." No matter how great our TV's in HD are, it's a sorry replacement for the real visual. It's a 2D screen tricking you into thinking it's 3D, only without the wide angle view of eye sight. And this is but one of many other examples to be given that should tell us that we ought not to limit the visual information we are getting via a braking line for example, because we are already getting far less information than a real driver gets. Or put in another way, by taking away the visual que's we are making the practice of full simulation driving less like real driving which has many more visual hints than we do as sim-racers no matter how much we enhance the visuals.

My vote (not that anyone is asking) allow a braking line so that safer close racing can be gained. It'll be more fun.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 6:30 pm

Hey Pred, per chance did you get my pre-race submission for the ST race? I didn't see my name under the pre-race listings so I wasn't sure if you got it.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 6:37 pm

Yes, I put the wrong name for Pre race. I was rushing a bit.

I understand your dissapointment GTDon. But the disadvantage and no assists and view is the same for all. We will not be adding a braking or race line to this series. Race incidents happen on real track with real racers in turn 1 all the time. It's always trying to be avoided but it doesn't always work out.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 6:39 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 6:54 pm

a lot of people panic and just lock their brakes up or just stay on them as hard as they can trying to turn to make it. i saw that kikrox just missed his brake point and ended up doing that trying to avoid don but eventually hit him. obviously not on purpose, it happens. what i do in that situation is i'd let off the brakes to allow me to turn in sharper which in turn makes me avoid don before he turns in. i might have even hit the gas to fly past him quicker. that's how i avoid things like that happening.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 6:57 pm

Raceboy77 wrote:
a lot of people panic and just lock their brakes up or just stay on them as hard as they can trying to turn to make it. i saw that kikrox just missed his brake point and ended up doing that trying to avoid don but eventually hit him. obviously not on purpose, it happens. what i do in that situation is i'd let off the brakes to allow me to turn in sharper which in turn makes me avoid don before he turns in. i might have even hit the gas to fly past him quicker. that's how i avoid things like that happening.

Slam on the gas and dive inside or outside. it happened the other day with me in a race, i floored it and dove inside.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:00 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:

Slam on the gas and dive inside or outside. it happened the other day with me in a race, i floored it and dove inside.

yep, if it's that close. if it's not extremely close, just coast and don't hit the brake.
Back to top Go down
Warpig2011

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:05 pm

is b room going to send out invites this year or what come on its already past 8
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:27 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:

I understand your dissapointment GTDon. But the disadvantage and no assists and view is the same for all. We will not be adding a braking or race line to this series. Race incidents happen on real track with real racers in turn 1 all the time. It's always trying to be avoided but it doesn't always work out.

Yeah, and respectfully I'm not asking for a change here and now. What I'm advocating is closer racing with less risk of an accident by giving the already visually handicapped sim-racer (compared to real racers) a much needed reference not just for when to brake, but also when those in front of you are braking.

For example, when you see a car that is deep into the red braking zone ahead of you, and you are in the yellow, you have a much better and safer guage for decelerating your car. Relying on some tiny brake lights that can barely be seen, that might be on for braking, or might not come on at all, or might just be flashing as a result of lag, isn't as reliable as a braking line. Relying on braking mrkers that are hard to see and are sometimes taken out by other drivers doesn't work well enough either.

My other point is, the closer you can race, the more fun the racing is. With a braking line you can race much closer for more laps without as much risk of catastrophic contact. This is not merely an opinion. I race a lot, in a lot of different leagues, and I know from experience the racing is closer with a braking line.

I don't expect you'll change this rule in the future, but I think its important for you to see why so many other leagues don't favor racing without at least a braking line. There are many a good reason for it, that clearly out weigh any percieved advantage.

Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:35 pm

Despite this being the track I loathe the most, this was the most fun I've had all season. RAFT Stan and RAFT Knight gave me some great racing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:55 pm

We backed out on lap 5-6 for sniper but not on lap 3 for me when i lagged out? Thats some straight bullshi t pred
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 8:58 pm

RAFT No Brakes wrote:
We backed out on lap 5-6 for sniper but not on lap 3 for me when i lagged out? Thats some straight bullshi t pred

I hear you on that one, it was a sh!t show man. The gt field dwindled down to 2 cars o.o GS was no better 5 cars on the lead lap i think. and only maybe 3 or 4 with no damage. it was a rough race.

Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Hey Kannibal I was looking at the replay from our room . You should have asked for a restart man that is just to much damage to run for 48 laps.
Back to top Go down
lukemad9999

lukemad9999

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:04 pm

i lagged out lap 29 on to 30 into my own room
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:05 pm

b room GS class race was pretty spread out besides me and bigdutyDMomoney battleing it out, but that was about it. Guess I need to qualify better next time. Still had a great time. Can't wait for next week at atlanta
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Whatever could go wrong did go wrong for me in this race. Lap 29 Blahzay and I enter the pits together. The Forza Gods decide why not just mate a Ferrari and a Saleen and our cars exit the pits ghosted inside each other. Soon as it decides to turn us solid we both get damage. I get 100% rear and 30% sides with 13% front damage. Then on lap 36 my sound goes out and I have no engine or race sound. Went from a challenger for top 3 or 4 to who the hell knows now. 3 races in a row bad luck Neutral No No Mad confused
WTF??!!??
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:11 pm

I said before that restart that was the last restart. Yes, I know it's F'd up. Gonna look into standing starts only and no restarts after lap 2. Gonna put up a poll and see what the population thinks.
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:13 pm

OMG...wait till you guys see what happen in C room...I am at a lost for words Sad

Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:20 pm

.....you will not finish another race....
Back to top Go down
DaB1GKahuna 007

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:22 pm

I had a ton of fun. Was bringing up the rear in gs b room but finished less than a min behind the next two. Essentially my first race. Atlanta soon.... soon....
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Looks like GT/GS 2013 started off pretty rough. Here's to Road Atlanta.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:38 pm

i'm lucky to have gotten away for the most part. had Roca breathing down my neck for quite some time but i kept up a constant pace and eventually pulled away. win in GT and ST Smile i'm happy with today.

i'm sorry for everyone about their bad luck, today was a bit of a mess in quite a few ways for many people. <3
Back to top Go down
Kannibal Fish

Kannibal Fish

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:46 pm

Basicblaq wrote:
Hey Kannibal I was looking at the replay from our room . You should have asked for a restart man that is just to much damage to run for 48 laps.

Eh, we had already restarted once and it was only a little aero anyways. It made things a little more slippery on some turns but that was all.
Back to top Go down
The LSA

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:06 pm

Problem on lap 41: TV wouldn't take Xbox signal and had to reconnect everything. Hitting the inevitable wall caused severe body damage (but strangely and luckily no engine damage). I had a great race with Gambit until then, though. I was running almost a full second faster than qual!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway    Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 9 Race 4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next