Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS

Go down 
+14
Gameking8
The LSA
Speed Demon 69
Blahzay xxl
bigdutyDMomoney
AAR WolfPack
EZT Sabre
The Posimosh
xlx Outlaw xlx
SaintedPlacebo4
Manuel CR
Zenrad
Ruptured Duck77
Admin/PredatorUSMC
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:31 am

i didn't have to pre-race, i chose to out of courtesy Smile

ST race was meh, knew i would be off pace so i'm somewhat happy with the finish. gt race was awesome, i didn't think i'd pull it off but i managed.

i'm sad to say i'll have to pre-race cat, i think i'd do quite well there but i'm not going to be home Sad
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:48 am

I had a disaster of a GT race with my poor qualifying (my complete fault on that one)

then in B lobby a lag hit occurred between myself and oddball on lap 39 on the straight after turn 1, that resulted with Oddball on his side in turn 2 and forced to retire (in hindsight I should have helped him back up however) and my car side ways on the straight on turn 1 (luckily managed to warn Roscoe and I believe Manuel before they rocked up) thankfully I managed to limp back to the pits and get the car into a drivable condition.

(sorry about what happened with oddball but I could not see where he was at that time due to lag)
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:24 am

xlx Outlaw xlx wrote:
...I think our braking points might have been different and I wasn't expecting it...

No offense Outlaw, please don't take this as a personal attack. I heard you drove a very great race until that unfortunate turn of events.

As to the causes of braking zone incidents, this is a very common misconception, and since we're about to head to another big braking zone track I thought I would just make one comment. Whenever you are traveling at high speeds, just a few feet off the bumper of the car in front of you that means that the gap between your cars can be just a few hundredths of a second. This is fine at high speed. The trouble happens when both cars slow down. A one hundreth of a second gap may be enough that both cars can stay in line at 150mph, but at 50mph the cars will overlap. The distance between the cars is reduced by 2/3s even though the time gap between the cars stays the same. This means if you are an inch off someone's rear bumper at 150mph, then you will be 2/3 of the way through their car at 50mph. Therefore, if you are heading into a long braking zone directly behind another car, and are not attempting a pass, you MUST brake earlier than the car in front of you (unless you have way better brakes) to keep from overlapping once both cars slow down. This is why the field always bunches up in slow corners and also why braking zones are usually the best passing opportunities.

This is can cause problems, even among professionals. I recently read a great article in Sports Car magazine by Randy Pobst on this topic. He said in his most recent Pro race he saw several wrecks which were simply caused by overlap. Of course, braking early when you are trying to keep up with someone is counter-intuitive, but you do have the advantage of being in the draft which can more than make up for the time you lost by braking earlier. I think if everyone understands this concept we can all avoid overlap crashes.

Again, no particular reason I picked a quote from you, Outlaw. I just wanted to remind everyone of this simple fact before we head to Catalunya, a track which threatens to provide just as many, if not more, opportunities for overlap crashes.
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 12:36 pm

About ¨Re-Start¨ rules

The first restart (lobby 2 ) i think it was for LAG, and that is understandable.

Yesterday I saw one incident between 2 cars on lap 1, that was because someone made a mistake, so simply thy call for restart ( the Second one ) and only 2 cars where involved.

So NO more restarts where declared, and Qlutch was afected in a incident then, and had to leave.

That is sad!

People, if u hit someone and your car is damaged and u feel bad about what u did, that is a lesson u have to learn, dont just call for a restart because of a mistake, and that way u save your race and avoid a penalty.

Lets keep restarts when they are really necesary by LAG or a Multiple crash.

Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 12:49 pm

I really liked Duty's explanation there. I couldnt have said it better myself. I find myself breaking pretty darn early when im on someone. and to be completely honest it was gambit that gave me a few rules of thumb when following close like that, that i still use 100%. I understand the overlap and i understand the timing. In relation to that incident i will say that most people will attest to the fact that my ferrari will outbreak anything in the class. The Ford GT being one possible exception. I purposely missed my point (half a car length) and broke late to adjust for the fact that you were new and that awareness saved my life (thats a good tip, "pay the heck attention" lol) . I figured out when i was braking very fast that there was no way you were making that corner. different braking point for not your porsche was going to go way wide there. I wont say that i havent made the same mistake because i have (Season 9 Nurb GP lap 4) but its something to learn from. I tend to stay off someone for the first few laps that i am on them so that way i can figure out where to pass them or if i can just run with them. its a very long race and i am a very timid racer but ill let 5 laps go by if i think i know the best corner to pass at. having narrowly escaped there i can walk away saying that you should be more careful, but ched might be a lot more steamed. you showed improvement and some speed after you had something to see and work with and thats good. youll get faster and faster based on what i saw over the past few days.
Back to top Go down
xlx Outlaw xlx

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 2:30 pm

I don't take any offense to anything, I know I messed up there. I wasn't hoping to make a move there, I had intentions on setting one up depending on how that corner was going, which was why I hadn't backed off as early as I had the laps beforehand. I do appreciate the help earlier, but that makes me feel worse that it ended up being you two that I got into that with. Definitely not the race I was wanting to run. Hopefully that's the last time I get into anyone like that again, I had no intentions on getting into anyone that time though, and I do feel bad for taking Ched out so early as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Good rule of thumb Bigduty. It holds true most of the time. I happened to hit Blahzayxxl on the third lap of the race. {Penalty Worthy} After running practice with him I knew pretty well where he hit the brakes into turn 3. I was close but not too close AND I hit the brakes a bit early as I was going to try and go under him and take his optimal acceleration line away. But he stayed on the brakes a lot longer on this occasion than I expected so I got on em a bit harder and tried to veer enough left enough to miss him as he turned in....but to my surprise he didn't turn in he let off the brakes like he was going to turn in then he hit the brakes again and this is where the contact happened. My fault 100% but just a bit of advice even beyond the normal caution. Sometimes maybe it's best to wait for a better opportunity instead of going for it too early when a racer still has not got into a rhythm.

Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:09 pm

Its true 100% of the time. I want to say its just physics, but I think its even simpler than that. I guess it's just math. And I've done the exact same thing. I ran into killerz2801 in his very first race in this series. Embarassed Of course, I had the typical excuse, "I braked where I normally do!", but I knew it was my fault for not braking earlier than I normally do, because I was right behind him, and there was just not enough gap between our cars to maintain our current time differential without overlapping bumpers.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:13 pm

I guess you missed my point.
Back to top Go down
xlx Outlaw xlx

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:24 pm

It just comes down to, it was a mistake where you had completely different intentions. Obviously, if we knew we were going to plow into another car, we wouldn't go for it. It just sucks for both parties involved after wards, you don't even get the relief of just knowing that only you have to suffer it out for a bad move.

I could explain what I expected to see happen in my head to the t, but as with every incident, it never happened that way. I just feel even worse for Ched, because back at Bernese, I had a halfway clean pass around him, and as I got on the throttle, I kicked it out sideways and we nearly got together there. We didn't, but we lost some ground, some position, and thus time. Then later on, when someone's AI car pulled back out when he went to quit(I forget who), I managed to see it in time, being right in front of Ched, but couldn't call it out fast enough for him to avoid it too.

I look forward to feeling good about every race, like Sedona. Not the best finish, but I was satisfied, because all at least went well. The worst being that I ran into the sticky stuff on the backstretch.
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
I guess you missed my point.

Sorry, I guess I did. I probably sounded a little nit-picky. geek

@Outlaw: I hope you understand that I didn't mean to direct that rant towards you, or anyone else in particular. (I guess that's hard to do when you use a quote.)

I just wanted to get that out of the way while it seemed kind of on-topic since someone had mentioned braking points.

Don't feel too bad about it for too long. Everybody makes mistakes. Like I mentioned before, even the Pros can and do mess up occasionally, so it happens to the best of us.

Here's to moving on to a more cheerful topic! drunken
Back to top Go down
xlx Outlaw xlx

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 8:28 pm

I know you didn't, and didn't mean to single me out, it was just a very good example to bring up such a topic, hmm?

And you're right. Ironically, at Long Beach, the Team Falken Porsche did the exact same thing towards the end. They've got a bit more experience than I do.

Here's to a good race at Catalunya across the board though.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Catalunya = complex track.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:39 pm

you aint lying but if you know the track you can pull it off.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:47 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
Catalunya = complex track.

me + never ran more than 10 laps in anything here = a hot mess.
Back to top Go down
Gameking8

Gameking8

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 12:45 am

A little disappointed because I just remembered that I wont be home this sunday during race time. Well I am looking forward to seeing how the results shake out.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 3:20 am

Gameking8 wrote:
A little disappointed because I just remembered that I wont be home this sunday during race time. Well I am looking forward to seeing how the results shake out.

i think there is a week off?
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:57 am

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Gameking8 wrote:

i think there is a week off?

oh Boo boo no way? that means i don't have to prerace cat!! yay Smile

anyways, on the topic of braking. what i like to do is pull out of the line as we enter the corner and only until i know it's safe, pull back in behind. i also like to back off a little bit and not be too close, keep about 50-80FT between me and the person ahead of me rather than 20-30.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:03 am

that what I try to do ...I tried it Sunday but thst darn red ferrari got me loll
Back to top Go down
EZT Sabre

EZT Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:07 am

Blahzay xxl wrote:
that what I try to do ...I tried it Sunday but thst darn red ferrari got me loll

I really liked the look of your car under race conditions, I could easily tell it was you coming when I checked my mirrors with that blue based paint scheme.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 10:38 am

tthanks appreciate it
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 pm

Raceboy, i love the new sig. And i like to be out of the line as well in case something drastic happens its easier to avoid things. A bit of advice as well, if you cant make it and its a hairpin you can try to floor it into the run off and dodge the guy next to you from turning into you. Sebring comes to mind with that as i have used that trick to save my booty
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 12:53 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Raceboy, i love the new sig. And i like to be out of the line as well in case something drastic happens its easier to avoid things. A bit of advice as well, if you cant make it and its a hairpin you can try to floor it into the run off and dodge the guy next to you from turning into you. Sebring comes to mind with that as i have used that trick to save my booty

yeah, i noticed that this morning and thought it was cute so i kept it.

i've had to dive into the inside a couple times myself, shooting some tight gaps between two racers. it's best to drive off the track then ruin your race with damage along with taking someone else out. if you know you're not making it and that's your only escape, let off the gas to get your car to turn then either glide if it'll be okay or nail it.
Back to top Go down
Gameking8

Gameking8

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 2:13 pm

Pred pointed out the fact that there isn't a race this weekend shortly after my post. Gotta love that admin help, so it looks like i'll make the race after all Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Preliminary Race Results & Recap   Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 3:24 pm

Hockenheimring Results
>>> CLICK HERE FOR FULL RACE RESULTS <<<

Hockenheimring Replays Loaded to my storefront ST A Room GT A,B, & C Rooms
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Class Winners
GT – Congratulations to Raceboy77 for the win in the #77 Ferrari F50!

GS - Congratulations to DTM Sn1p3r for the win in the #269 Saleen S281E!

ST- Congratulations to h4yes01 for the win in his #64 Ford Mustang GT RWD! His first win of his FSCS Career.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hard Chargers
The GT Hard Charger Award 1 point bonus is earned by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN in the #14 Chevrolet Corvette Racing ZR1 for Charging through the field from 16th to finish 8th gaining a hard charging 8 positions!

The GS Hard Charger Award 1 point bonus is earned by Hiredgun308 in the #22 Ford GT for Charging through the field from 9th to finish 3rd gaining a hard charging 6 positions!

The ST Hard Charger Award 1 point bonus is earned by jpnVR4 in the #79 Scion FR-S RWD for Charging from 17th in the field to finish 5th gaining a Hard Charging 12 positions!

Race Recap and Incident Report

ST

No contact infractions noted. Good clean race.

This replay is under further review...

VeteranOutlaw76 - Livery Infraction - No race number on the rear or front of the vehicle. Please place required number per livery rules on front and rear of the vehicle. 5 Point Penalty

GS

ChedOCideZilla & Hiredgun308 Lap 12 Incidental Race contact

xlx Outlaw xlx {R} - Avoidable Contact - Penalty 40 Second Time Penalty and 2 Race Probation - Lap 14 Turn 6 blowing his braking point and dives between ChedOCideZilla & Hiredgun308 and in the process having significant impact into ChedOCideZilla's Ferrari causing heavy damage.

GT

R3troD - Avoidable Contact - Penalty 50 Second Time Penalty & 15 Point Penalty and 2 Race Probation - Lap 6 Turn 6 The Hairpin - completely blows it under braking and hits the #69 Joss JTI * of Speed Demon 69 causing very heavy near total damage and loss of control.

PredatorUSMC - Avoidable Contact - Penalty 40 Second Time Penalty and 2 Race Probation - Lap 3 Turn 2 has avoidable contact by rear ending the #8 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 of BLAHZAY xxl
causing significant damage and loss of control.

LUKEMAD9999 - Penalty 10 Points and 2 Race Probation - Unnecessary following too close on a GS car down a long straight while a known lag issue is present. The #96 Ford GT GS car of Matthnt went out of his way to provide the #48 Ferrari 458 Italia of LUKEMAD9999 an easy pass by riding the white line and LUKEMAD9999 instead rode up to the back of Matthnt in a unneeded draft attempt, then proceeded to lag spike into Matthnt causing significant damage. If you are lagging a racer should make NO attempts to race extremely close with another car least of all a car that is not in the same class of racing.

Results are up Hockenheimring
>>> Hockenheimring Results Click Here <<<

Current Points Are Up updated.

Team Points Not Updated.

Top 5 updated on Website.

PIRS UPDATED

WRITE UP NOT UPDATED

WINNERS PICTURES NOT UPDATED (Soon)

Leaders Points Pictures up to date[/b]

Under Probation:
1 Races Left: ROCBOTM {R} (GT) - Avoidable Contact
2 Races Left: QlutchElectro (GT) - Avoidable Contact
2 Races Left: xlx Outlaw xlx {R} - Avoidable Contact
2 Races Left: PredatorUSMC - Avoidable Contact
2 Races Left: LUKEMAD9999 - Race Related Incidents
2 Races Left/Step 2: R3troD (GT) - Avoidable Contact/Leaving Racing Surface
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS    Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season X Race 6 Hockenheimring GT/GS 50 LAPS - ST/Spec 25 LAPS
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next