Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2014 PWC News

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Maxximilllion

Maxximilllion

2014 PWC News Empty
PostSubject: 2014 PWC News   2014 PWC News Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:15 am

2014 PWC News Pwcban10

Roush Performance to Join Pirelli World Challenge GTS Class in 2014

The Roush Performance road racing team has announced that it will be switching to the Pirelli World Challenge series GTS class for the 2014 season with Jack Roush Jr. in the driver’s seat. The team has competed in Grand-Am’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge since 2009, finishing second overall in the standings in 2011.

“We’ve had some great success racing in Grand-Am, with 10 victories, and 24 podiums,” says Jack Roush Jr. “Racing in Grand-Am over the past several years is an opportunity that I will always be grateful for. I have great respect both for the series and the competitors there. As for the Pirelli World Challenge, we are very excited about the new adventure ahead. The series has its own great history, format, and competitors to tend with.”

The Ford Mustang hasn’t had too much success in the Pirelli World Challenge recently, with only a handful of wins the past couple seasons in the GTS class. The Mustang had previously been dominant, though, with Tiger Racing’s Paul Brown winning five races on his way to capturing the 2011 championship.

Roush hopes to help the Mustang return to success in the series. “Given our rich heritage in both racing and the automotive industry, it’s a great fit for us to race in the Pirelli World Challenge,” says Roush Jr.

2014 PWC News 01-roush-world-challenge-mustang-585x388

The livery for Roush’s new Pirelli World Challenge race car debuted at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas on Roush Jr’s personal demo car, a Stage 3 Mustang with a Ford Racing Aluminator crate engine and Phase 3 supercharger system. The team will make its official race debut at the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg from March 28-30, 2014.

Last edited by Maxximilllion on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.neinshiza.net84.net
Maxximilllion

Maxximilllion

2014 PWC News Empty
PostSubject: Porsche 911 GT3 R   2014 PWC News Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:18 am

Pirelli World Challenge to Homologate the Porsche 911 GT3 R for 2014 Series Competition

WC Vision announced that it will homologate the Porsche 911 GT3 R for competition in the Pirelli World Challenge GT class for the 2014 season. As such, Porsche Motorsports will again join the series' Manufacturers Council for next season.

Pirelli World Challenge Competition Director Geoff Carter will work hand-in-hand with Porsche Motorsport to homologate the GT3 R for the series. A to-be-named team has plans to run a two-car 911 GT3 R team in GT in 2014.

2014 PWC News 7x77ezxf-626x382

"Porsche Motorsport North America has a tradition of supporting customer teams who choose to race in the Pirelli World Challenge series, and the homologation of the Porsche 911 GT3 R gives those customers a chance to be competitive in 2014," said Jens Walther, President & CEO Porsche Motorsports North America, Inc. "With the winning tradition of Porsche 911 race cars in Pirelli World Challenge, with drivers such as Randy Pobst, Patrick Long, Lawson Aschenbach, Wolf Henzler and others, we hope to write a new chapter of success with our customer teams in the series with the 911 GT3 R."

"I am very pleased that Porsche will be joining the GT3 movement in the Pirelli World Challenge Championship Series for 2014 by supporting the GT3 R," said Carter. "As the winningest brand in sportscar racing, no GT field is complete without a Porsche. It is always a pleasure to deal with the professional team at Porsche Motorsport."

Having just finished its 24th consecutive season, the Pirelli World Challenge series is one of North America's top production car-based racing championships. Divided into four separate categories (Pirelli World Challenge GT, Pirelli World Challenge GTS, Pirelli World Challenge Touring Car and Pirelli World Challenge Touring Car B-Spec), each race features thrilling standing starts, adrenaline filled door-to-door action and world-class drivers. The Pirelli World Challenge features cars from the world's most popular manufacturers – race-prepped versions of the cars driven on the streets. Pirelli World Challenge is sanctioned by SCCA Pro Racing, the series races at North America's premier road and temporary street courses.
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

2014 PWC News Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 PWC News   2014 PWC News Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:22 am

Maxximilllion wrote:

Pirelli World Challenge to Homologate the Porsche 911 GT3 R for 2014 Series Competition

WC Vision announced that it will homologate the Porsche 911 GT3 R for competition in the Pirelli World Challenge GT class for the 2014 season. As such, Porsche Motorsports will again join the series' Manufacturers Council for next season.

Pirelli World Challenge Competition Director Geoff Carter will work hand-in-hand with Porsche Motorsport to homologate the GT3 R for the series. A to-be-named team has plans to run a two-car 911 GT3 R team in GT in 2014.

Nice!  Love that pic too - had that as a wallpaper for a while.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

2014 PWC News Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 PWC News   2014 PWC News Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 12:17 am

hate the way that facking ford looks. the porsche on the other hand, sick. its about time they come back to the series. yet another manufacturer for cadillac to put in its place.

in all seriousness though, it is nice to see porsche's return. cant wait to see how it stands up to the current field.
Back to top Go down
Maxximilllion

Maxximilllion

2014 PWC News Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 PWC News   2014 PWC News Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 3:21 pm

RealTime Racing to Campaign New Acura TLX in Pirelli World Challenge GT

During the unveiling of the 2015 Acura TLX Prototype at the North American International Auto Show, Acura Motorsports surprised the crowd with a dual unveiling of the Acura TLX GT race car, which it announced would be campaigned by RealTime Racing in the 2014 Pirelli World Challenge GT Championship.

2014 PWC News Cada245cf9fba02061a32186997047ec_XL

RealTime and Acura have enjoyed a long and successful relationship in the World Challenge series. Since 1993, RealTime has earned 85 race victories, 14 Manufacturers’ Championships and 14 Drivers’ Championships with a variety of Acura and Honda machines. For the next evolution of this prosperous partnership, RealTime will prepare the new Acura TLX for competition in the highly competitive GT category.

Acura returns to World Challenge’s GT category for the first time since 2002, when RealTime campaigned an Acura NSX. In 2014, the TLX will be up against high-performance cars like the Audi R8 LMS, Cadillac CTS-V, Chevrolet Corvette, Dodge Viper, Lamborghini Gallardo, Mercedes SLS, Nissan GTR, Porsche 911 and Ferrari 458.

“The Pirelli World Challenge GT class is at its pinnacle of competitiveness right now, but the Acura TLX is up to the task,” team principal Peter Cunningham said. “In 27 years of racing Hondas and Acuras, we’ve shown that we know what it takes to win. We won Acura’s first Manufacturers’ Championship in 1998 with the Integra Type R, and most recently, its 10th title in 2012 with the TSX. Our team is dedicated to continuing this winning tradition with the TLX.”

RealTime has six years of GT racing experience. During that time the team took home a Drivers’ Championship for Cunningham in 1997 and runner-up finishes in 2001 and 2002. Cunningham will return to the GT category to pilot the TLX. The seven-time World Challenge Champion looks to extend his series record in starts (219), race wins (43) and pole positions (50).

The RTR crew is already hard at work preparing the TLX for the formidable World Challenge GT field. The car features an HPD chassis with enhanced aerodynamic performance parts, and will be powered by a direct-injected, twin-turbocharged V6 engine, developed from the production TLX. Like the road-going version, the race car will utilize an all-wheel drive system.

Founded by Cunningham in 1987, RealTime Racing is located in Saukville, Wis., just north of Milwaukee. The team has won championships on dirt, ice and asphalt, and is the most successful team in World Challenge history.
Back to top Go down
Maxximilllion

Maxximilllion

2014 PWC News Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 PWC News   2014 PWC News Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 6:01 am

Lamborghini Gallardo FL2 GT3

With Reiter Engineering's recent announcement that they will debut two Lamborghini Gallardo FL2 GT3 in GT/GT-A Rounds 1 and 2 at St. Petersburg, we take a quick look at the drivers who will race the cars and the overall specs for the platform.  Tomas Enge will drive the No. 25 Reiter Lamborghini Gallardo FL2 GT3 in the GT class, while Albert von Thurn und Taxis will drive the No. 24 Reiter Lamborghini Gallardo FL2 GT3 in GT-A.

2014 PWC News Dcaeef4c16b8a8dd2169c4e6191f97b9_XL

Enge has been racing since 1991 and followed the classic route from karting via Formula Ford (FF Deutschland Champion 1996), Formula 3 and Formula 3000 all the way to Formula 1 and IndyCar. Enge has also raced sportscars and is credited with a class victory in the 24h of Le Mans, wins and podiums in the ALMS and the LMP1 title in the 2009. Since 2012, Enge has been a member of the Reiter Engineering team, with whom he also competed in the FIA GT World Championship.

Thurn und Taxis has raced for Reiter Engineering since 2006. He was the ADAC GT Masters championship runner-up in 2007 and 2008, before going on to win the title in 2010 with Peter Kox.

Here's a look at the overall specs for the car:

Class: GT/GT-A
Year Models Eligible: 2010-2013
Vehicle Type: mid-engine 2 door coupe
Engine Layout: V10 90 degree
Displacement: 5.224 Liter
Valves: 40
Compression: 12.5: 1
Maximum Boost: N/A
Horsepower: 570 (419kW) @ 8,000 rpm
Torque: 540 Nm (397lbft) @ 6,500 rpm
Wheelbase: 2565 mm
Base Weight (pre-season): 2585 lbs
Wheel Size (F-R): 18x11 / 18x12.5
Forward Gears: 6
Differential: 3.077
Other modifications: TBA
Back to top Go down
Maxximilllion

Maxximilllion

2014 PWC News Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 PWC News   2014 PWC News Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 3:23 pm

R.Ferri Motorsport Racing With Ferrari Announce Two-car entry into 2014 Pirelli World Challenge

Toronto, ON – Remo Ferri, Team principal of R.Ferri Motorsport Racing With Ferrari announced today that he will run a two-car team in the 2014 Pirelli World Challenge Series with a pair of Ferrari 458 GT3 cars. Accomplished sports car drivers Anthony Lazzaro and Nick Mancuso will pilot the teams’ entries in the series beginning with the St. Petersburg Grand Prix on March 28 – 30.
“After previously running in the American Le Mans and Grand-Am series, we are excited to run this year in the Pirelli World Challenge Series. This is an ideal series for us to showcase our Canadian motorsports program in North America. Together with Rick Mancuso from Ferrari Lake Forest and with the support from Ferrari North America and the factory, I feel confident that we can be a very strong team and compete for the championship as I know we have a great car,” said Ferri. “After running the Ferrari 458 GT in the Grand-Am series last year, I feel very good about our cars and running the program under the Canadian Flag.”

2014 PWC News 63469429912dc1ccdb06743287acc7c4_M

“I am very excited about our team and the results from our recent testing program. Our expectation is to continue with the success of Ferrari Sports Car racing worldwide as it is part of our DNA. I’ve been involved with Ferrari and racing since the early 70’s and it is a great part of my life.”

Anthony Lazzaro will be behind the wheel of the Ferrari 458 Italia No. 61 car. He was a regular with Ferrari in the GRAND-AM & American Le Mans series and brings a wealth of experience to the team. “Having raced for Remo in the past, I’m looking forward to racing in the Pirelli World Challenge. It’s exciting that Remo is building a new team that will support both the World Challenge and the Ferrari Challenge. I think this is the future of Ferrari of Ontario and R Ferri Motorsports and I'm happy to be part of it,” said Lazzaro.

No. 16 car driver Nick Mancuso is the son of long time Ferrari Lake Forest Owner and President Rick Mancuso. Nick is a young aggressive driver who will be making his mark in the competitive GT-A class. "I couldn't be more excited to be joining R. Ferri Motorsport for the 2014 season! My driving career has taken me in many different directions, but finally getting behind the wheel of a Ferrari race car is not only a huge honor, but a bit of a homecoming as well since I grew up around the Ferrari brand. I'd love to take home the Rookie of the Year title while contributing points towards a championship; so that's what I've set my sights on for my first full year in the series,” said Mancuso.
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

2014 PWC News Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 PWC News   2014 PWC News Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:53 pm

http://www.motorsport.com/scca-pwc/news/turner-motorsports-heads-to-pirelli-world-challenge/

Another Tudor team jumping ship. PWC seems like the place to be
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2014 PWC News Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 PWC News   2014 PWC News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2014 PWC News
Page 1 of 1