Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit

Go down 
+23
Hiredgun308
Red R0tor
Matthnt
BIMM3RR
Peader24
BMEAZY II
R3troD
OLDFenderBender
Luongo27
-]v[ETA]_-
GrEeN x BiNk3
Kamikaze1414
Basicblaq
jpnvr4
RR Rowdy Burns
No1 Tommy Smurf
ClownNinjaUSMC
White79bu
s0ul harv3st
Basticular
Raceboy77
Bradsz
Admin/PredatorUSMC
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Basicblaq

Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:51 pm

BMEAZY II wrote:
Its not that big of a deal but i don't get the point of not being able to have tinted windows

They want to see the beautiful smile on you Driver LOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
BMEAZY II

BMEAZY II

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:00 pm

Basicblaq wrote:
BMEAZY II wrote:
Its not that big of a deal but i don't get the point of not being able to have tinted windows

They want to see the beautiful smile on you Driver LOL!!!!
ill be driving to fast for anyone to see that lol
Back to top Go down
RR Rowdy Burns

RR Rowdy Burns

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:04 pm

BMEAZY II wrote:

Rule 2.0H, this is so that we can verify that you have a roll cage installed
Back to top Go down
http://www.insomniacracing.webs.com
BMEAZY II

BMEAZY II

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:14 pm

aka ROWDY wrote:
BMEAZY II wrote:

o
Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:41 pm

aka ROWDY wrote:
BMEAZY II wrote:

Not trying to be a smart a$$ about this but, if the car doesn't have the option of putting a roll cage in, are tinted windows allowed (pure race cars as well)?
Back to top Go down
RR Rowdy Burns

RR Rowdy Burns

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:46 pm

No. IMO If one cannot have the tinted windows, no one should have them. Its only fair.
Back to top Go down
http://www.insomniacracing.webs.com
PSEUDO 45

PSEUDO 45

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:38 pm

aka ROWDY wrote:
BMEAZY II wrote:

Is the windshield not big enough to see through?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:39 pm

PSEUDO 45 wrote:
aka ROWDY wrote:
BMEAZY II wrote:

on alot of cars its difficult to see the rolecage through the front window. its easier on our part to just look through the side windows whilst checking the livery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:43 pm

ranzeroxklaus wrote:
PSEUDO 45 wrote:
aka ROWDY wrote:
BMEAZY II wrote:

on alot of cars its difficult to see the rolecage through the front window. its easier on our part to just look through the side windows whilst checking the livery.
Although the tint rule doesnt bother me because i never use it all you need to do is go into take a picture and look through the windshield. Not difficult but takes another 10 seconds and people can keep there tint
Back to top Go down
PSEUDO 45

PSEUDO 45

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:44 pm

ranzeroxklaus wrote:
PSEUDO 45 wrote:
aka ROWDY wrote:
BMEAZY II wrote:

Is your tv really small? There is a bar right by the windshield.
Back to top Go down
BMEAZY II

BMEAZY II

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:37 am

PSEUDO 45 wrote:
ranzeroxklaus wrote:
PSEUDO 45 wrote:
aka ROWDY wrote:
BMEAZY II wrote:

Is your tv really small? There is a bar right by the windshield.
i agree you can easily see thru the windshield to confirm they have a roll-cage
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:34 am

This is not the thread for this conversation, however it is actually not easy to see inside of the car when the windows are tinted. EVEN when a picture is used...(this is when I decided to institute this rule). I was trying to verify the roll cage rule was being followed and it was too difficult to see inside the cars with tinted windows. So as with any rule it is not a 'well you can have it but you cannot' type of rule. It is uniform across the field. BESIDES, race cars do not have tinted windows. So there really should be no big deal.

Thanks everyone for the help. It is a simple rule that makes it easier to enforce the rules. An extra 10 seconds per car on top of everything else is VERY time consuming. I like to keep my extra 10 seconds.

Admin
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:59 pm

i think it looks kind of tacky when people put things like tints on there, trying to make a race series look and feel as realistic as possible, tell me when have you seen tints in a real race series?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 2:24 pm

Bradsz wrote:
i think it looks kind of tacky when people put things like tints on there, trying to make a race series look and feel as realistic as possible, tell me when have you seen tints in a real race series?

That is your opion...I love my cars with Tint and because a race series doesn't have it doesn't mean it can't be on a race car...is there a rule in any race series that say they can't tint the windows.

Anyways this is not a big deal for me and I think alot of ppl are just wondering what this had to do with racing but thank for the clarification it make sense when explained properly.
Back to top Go down
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Basicblaq wrote:
Bradsz wrote:

That is your opion...I love my cars with Tint and because a race series doesn't have it doesn't mean it can't be on a race car...is there a rule in any race series that say they can't tint the windows.

Anyways this is not a big deal for me and I think alot of ppl are just wondering what this had to do with racing but thank for the clarification it make sense when explained properly.

actually alot of touring car series wont allow it as it can make you lack vision and also it would be silly to have a racing car IRL and tint the windows when you need as much vision around your car as possible
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Bradsz wrote:
and also it would be silly to have a racing car IRL and tint the windows when you need as much vision around your car as possible

DING DING DING...This is the reason you never see tint on a race car. That, plus the fact that most don't have 'glass' anyway.

BTW I run a 60 in Samsung LED TV so my picture is pretty clear.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:06 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
Bradsz wrote:
and also it would be silly to have a racing car IRL and tint the windows when you need as much vision around your car as possible

DING DING DING...This is the reason you never see tint on a race car. That, plus the fact that most don't have 'glass' anyway.

BTW I run a 60 in Samsung LED TV so my picture is pretty clear.

the closet I have seen to tinting in a race series is Nurburgring 24 hour which they have the rear window completely replaced with some form of white acrylic I guess, which from what I know makes it tht the driver cannot be dazzled by his/her rear view mirror when racing on the hilly Nurburgring 24 hour. (not forgetting they tend to run with more lights on the car than you would normally).

I think they cannot use the rear view mirror however its just a rule that only really suits the Nurburgring 24 hour race due to the gradients involved and its much more effective to tell them to use this material than alternative ones because of costs and keeping the cars as close to road going appearance as possible.

This rule from what I know has only been in place since this year (I never noticed this the previous season)
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 C1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit   Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 7 race 9 40 Laps of Nurburgring GP Circuit
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5