Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SERIES PRESS RELEASE!!

Go down 
+2
Basicblaq
Admin/PredatorUSMC
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

SERIES PRESS RELEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: SERIES PRESS RELEASE!!   SERIES PRESS RELEASE!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:54 pm

With the Race at Road America leaving The Forza Sports Car Series with just two races to go it is painfully clear for some that this season is going to be a cage match to the death for the championship! If Road America was any indication to the level of competition this series has risen to then all that needs to be done is look at how close the results were! Raceboy77 got into clean air and and proceeded to tick off laps that were two to three tenths faster then the rest of the field on his way to his third victory. Behind him....Wellllllll, THAT is an entirely different story. In GT the first lap at speed in the front had drivers not wanting to give up an inch resulting in some intense racing and a few drivers going off track. Throughout the GT and GTC field there were four, five and six car battles that lasted for the entire 45 laps!

The newly acquired Porsche's of Flying Lizard has breathed new life into the team and they are showing they can run up front and threaten for podiums having them finish 3rd and 4th at Road America. Throughout the field there were numerous and many notable photo finishes that are worth of mention. The first being BIMM3RR finishing the race side by side with Thrush426 , a finish so close that we had to review the tape and it was the RUF-RGT8 by less than a tire to hold off the McLaren MP4-12C for 6th. This 6th place finish for BIMM3RR and the recent string of wins from Raceboy77 means there has been a change at the top of the points with Raceboy77 snatching the top Championship Points spot from BIMM3RR who has held it firmly for nearly the entire season. There is no resting, no backing off for either of these two.

The battle for 8th was a hair raiser that ended with a 3 car duel that when they all crossed the line had xxHENCHMAN24xx by just a foot or so in front of Sniper919 with a photo finish and Snowman529 attached to the bumper of Sniper919 as they all cross the line. Exciting stuff!

OH no there is more JoshdaSquash in his #37 Ferrari 458 Italia barely holds on to 12th as Luongo27 and his jet fighter like Lamborghini Reventon finish nose to tail after 45 laps! There were so many battles and more that could be mentioned... it was one of those races that all it took was one mistake to lose positions that would be nearly impossible to get back!

The GTC class was one to remember also. With such a strong season for the Lotus Exige Cup many are up in arms about it. But at Road America one of the racers decided it was time to dig deep and bring home a win. iTsz BrAdSz in his #27 BMW 1 Series M Coupe took the pole by a about four tenths letting everyone know that at Road America he and his BMW would be a force to reconed with. iTsz BrAdSz did not dissapoint his British & American fans alike going from pole position to cross the line with a comfortable lead. A standout finish goes out to one of the series rookies No1 Tommy Smurf who was doing all he could to push the Lotus back another spot on the grid. But the Aston Martin V12 Vantage fell just a little short as the two crossed the line nose to tail with the Lotus of sOul harv3st holding on to fourth.

In a GTC battle that raged on the entire race it was Ferrari vs Ford, Ford vs Ferrari as OldFenderBender in the #94 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale battled it out with both the Ford GT's of Basicblaq and DoubleRazor1! It was an epic battle of cat and mouse as the three cars would switch positions nearly every lap and several times throughout the race. For the early part of the race it was a Ferrari sandwiched between two Ford GT's but in the end the Ferrari was able to get in front of the two team Ford GT's and hold on for a 6th place finish. He was helped along though by a critical team error amongst Blue Oval racing as the two teammates came together damaging both cars and allowing the Ferrari to hold on down the long straights where the Fords were just a bit quicker. The surprise was the series rookie White79bu in the unsponsored Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 who fought his way up to catch the Ford GT of Doublerazor1 who had fallen just a bit off pace and made it a battle for Razor to keep his 8th position from a hungry Shelby GT500. In the end the Ford GT held off the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 but how will the next two races go?

For many racers this was a long race that never let up. The pressure to push was there the whole race. For the most recent rookies to join the series it may have been a wake up call that this here is going to be a challenge. Are they up to it! Will they finish up Season 7 and use it as experience to come out strong for Season 8 and battle for Rookie of the Year...Time will tell and it will all be decided on the track!

SERIES PRESS RELEASE!! Forza10SERIES PRESS RELEASE!! Forza9SERIES PRESS RELEASE!! Forza8SERIES PRESS RELEASE!! Forza7SERIES PRESS RELEASE!! Forza6SERIES PRESS RELEASE!! Forza5

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: SERIES PRESS RELEASE!!   SERIES PRESS RELEASE!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:11 pm

Nice write up...

Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: SERIES PRESS RELEASE!!   SERIES PRESS RELEASE!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:36 pm

not gonna lie, but last night had me on edge for the first part of the race, felt like I was stuck in between a rock and a hard place scratch
Back to top Go down
Red R0tor

Red R0tor

PostSubject: Re: SERIES PRESS RELEASE!!   SERIES PRESS RELEASE!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:29 pm

Great write up. I definitely have to admit trying to keep my number 2 spot was ridiculously hard...so many hungry drivers with well tuned cars. My head wasn't in the race for the first 5 laps or so, but being passed by 4 people in a 2 turn span really snaps things into perspective again. It was a hard fight to get back to second place...definitely makes you realize its always a battle in racing, the fight is never over.
Back to top Go down
JoshdaSquash

JoshdaSquash

PostSubject: Re: SERIES PRESS RELEASE!!   SERIES PRESS RELEASE!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:22 pm

Had a lot of fun racing at Road America last night. The battle for 3rd-6th was intense in B Room. Sniper, Thrush, Snowman, and myself seemed to be tied together for the first 20 laps. I had an unfortunate incident with TheManNowDog. I may have been a little late calling out my pass, there was a lot of other passing being called out at the same moment. I pitted a little earlier than the cars I was racing with. Made up a lot of time on them, but just pushed my car too hard and started to loose my tires. All in all, it was a good race for me and the Nein Shiza Autosports team. Hopefully I can break through and get my first top 10 before season's end.
Back to top Go down
White79bu

PostSubject: Re: SERIES PRESS RELEASE!!   SERIES PRESS RELEASE!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 6:15 pm

A room was a heck of a learning experience. Even though the gt500 could run real high 2.15 lap times the driver just couldn't do it on a consistent basis's. I had a few offs from trying to keep up and i was still running a second quicker than i qualified. The most fun off the race was the last lap when i caught razor on the white flag lap. I got a hell of a run on him going up the hill to the start/finish line. I wish the replay had audio. Razors responce was hilarious. Once again the car was capable of holding him off but the driver wasn't. I gave it away on the right hander going onto the back straight. Thinking i could get him before the finish i gave it to much throttle and lite the tires up and gave it away. Oh well it was still a blast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SERIES PRESS RELEASE!!   SERIES PRESS RELEASE!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SERIES PRESS RELEASE!!
Page 1 of 1