Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?

Go down 
+15
BMEAZY II
CHA0S II
oddball7000
SSRT DWilkerson
Boostbeef
fattymicpatty
OLDFenderBender
SaintedPlacebo4
Kamikaze1414
Dr PiiHB
SSRT_Pronebird
blackhawk s61
Admin/PredatorUSMC
No1 Tommy Smurf
bLuEsMoKe305
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should there be an LMP class for upcoming seasons?
Yes! There should be an LMP Class!
New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap56%New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 56% [ 15 ]
No! There shouldnt be an LMP Class!
New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap44%New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?    New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:27 pm

SSRT_Pronebird wrote:
BMEAZY II wrote:
If you add lmp they will be running a lot faster than other cars obviously but that means they will finish like an hour before everyone and we would all have to deal with a. I. drivers for like half the race. Plus with speeds they will be hitting on some tracks it will cause a lot of wrecks with them coming up on the gtc cars so fast.

You all underestimate the quality of some of the drivers in this series.

accident avoidance skills or not, last night with piihb and vdub in A&E lobbies we found that the A car AI's were insanely rough. more than once i got destroyed by an AI and piihb got them mad at him or something because they hit him every chance they got.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?    New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:33 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
SSRT_Pronebird wrote:
BMEAZY II wrote:
If you add lmp they will be running a lot faster than other cars obviously but that means they will finish like an hour before everyone and we would all have to deal with a. I. drivers for like half the race. Plus with speeds they will be hitting on some tracks it will cause a lot of wrecks with them coming up on the gtc cars so fast.

You all underestimate the quality of some of the drivers in this series.

accident avoidance skills or not, last night with piihb and vdub in A&E lobbies we found that the A car AI's were insanely rough. more than once i got destroyed by an AI and piihb got them mad at him or something because they hit him every chance they got.
This is true. After the top class finishes they will be very in the way of the other lower class due to the ai driving. With the 535 cars I think that may work better. They are slow enough to avoid gt cars much easier than a gtc avoiding an lmp or gtx. Not to mention the much closer racing.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?    New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 5:29 pm

one way or another we will be having AI issues whether its AIs trying to overtake people racing or blocking those racing. Thats the price we pay for multi class racing.

For all the ideas going this is the PI levels using GTC and GT current PI levels are the base level

LMP - 935 (R1)
GT2 - 835 (R2)
GT - 735 (R3)
GTC - 635 (S)

GTS - 535 (A)

I think LMP cars will really overstate this issue of AI's because of them being 200 PI higher than GT and 300 PI higher than GTC.

GT2/GTX will have this issue as well but it will be less extreme with it being 100 PI higher than GT and 200 PI higher than GTC.

GTS class (535 PI) will have the issue of being 200 PI lower than GT and 100 PI lower than GTC.

I do think on the A.I. front I would probably rather face either GT2 or GTS traffic considering they do not have a massive advantage/disadvantage compared to other class whereas LMP has a much higher PI level.

(ALSO WHEN WE GT2 AND GTS GET THE ABILITY TO VOTE?)

Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?    New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:08 pm

I like the vote between gts and gt2. Great idea.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?    New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 11:17 pm

Dr PiiHB wrote:
I like the vote between gts and gt2. Great idea.

I'd vote GTS because there is more choice.The GT2 will just e racecars with limited customization or supercars with intense amount of hp. I guess there would be like those Skylines, the green racing NSX stuff like that well hmmm now that i think of it that way it would be neat. GTS would be like the continental tire cars right? like Civic's and Kia's (Grand-Am ST?) Or would it be more like a Grand-Am GS? hmm i wonder how Pred feels about the conversation taking a turn away from the lmp cars. if anything the further the responses get from "yay lmps" the closer he gets to his answer about if people want them, though much less direct.
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?    New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 11:34 pm

the S in GTS stands for spec.

As in one car. Best driver/tuner wins.

Now look. Everyone complaining about AI is a bit rediculous. You don't have time to check how the AI react on each track? With an LMPC class you'd only have to worry about one kind of car. It would be very easy to predict how they are going to react. Not to mention that you spend less time around an AI when they are in faster cars.

Would you rather deal with an AI for 2 or 3 corners or just 1?

It's a step all drivers must take if they are going to encounter it. Just like the best way to get on pit road if you think it's going to be dangerous.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?    New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:45 am

Pronebird GT A.Is are a nightmare as it is to overtake when in GTC and very hard to predict to how they will act in a corner (will they stay behind you or go for it).

and do not forget we do have incidents with A.I's crashing into actual racers already LMP cars will show up how bad the A.I. are even more so due to the speed involved in such vehicles.
Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?    New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 6:39 am

Then lets all hold hands and sing Kumbaiya around a campfire.........

Anyway, the only issue I had with the AI when I was in the GTC class, was that the GT AI cars were a bit slow, but knowing their habits and racing line is a must and a plus.

Also I have this excellent poster explaining the most functional word in the English language. I'll you all the nutshell of it: $h!t happens.
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?    New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Yea, AI is AI It would only be one type of car, so if you encounter multiple ones, then you have the same thing to deal with. I think that the LMPC class would manage a good enough pace to stay out of the way for GT drivers yet not cause problems for the GTC entering a corner.

On another note, I agree that this class that may or may not be emplemented should be at least 100+ PI of GT
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

PostSubject: Re: New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?    New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 5:02 pm

The solution may lie in the track selection. If we go to Sunset for example or even an oval (Motegi) we could pull it off. As far as on track manners if you don't have the racing accumine you probably don't belong on the grid any way. The series formula will eventually get stale if new more powerful cars are not introduced even temporarily. Whats wrong with racing on the same track twice in one season? I for one would love to be able to move up or down in a series. Turn 10 releases carpacks on a regular basis so there will always be newer and newer options to consider. The question is what will this league look like in 5 or even 10 seasons from now? I think the future is multi-class highly skilled drivers/racers who can find the formula within a formula that suits them with the infrastucture that keeps everything balanced and clean. I don't want to go back to public lobbies and I do run in another series, its good but limited.

Last I heard ALMS and Rolex are now one series, thats as good a platform to test machine and driver as there ever was short of F1. Lets bring the big dogs in and race!
Back to top Go down
The LSA

PostSubject: R2-class proposal   New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 9:44 am

I've been working on a balanced R2 class that will include GT1, GTS, DTM, and GT500-spec cars (so far). I have it set up where all cars are stock (maybe include heavy wheel requirements for the Porsche GT1, Mclaren F1, Nissan R390 and the GT500 cars), with a 5-10% handling handicap for the specific cars that I just mentioned. They all run times within 1.5s/lap of each other on most tracks, with the field changing up who dominates depending on track, but most top speeds/cornering speeds/brake points/WOT points are pretty similar. My idea is to keep all cars stock so that we can make PI increases for the not-quite-as-fast drivers. If one driver or group of drivers gets too dominant, we can take 5+ % off of power. We can include upgraded GT2/GT3 cars as well, with a little extra testing. In the case of a LMP class being added, I will help with testing for that as well.
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?    New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:38 pm

Sounds like the next class with be a single car.
Back to top Go down
Zalonka_IV

Zalonka_IV

PostSubject: Re: New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?    New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:56 am

Hey everyone I'm Zalonka obviously, friends call me Z. I've been around forza since the first one. There's always major glitches with how TURN 10 does their PI for cars. Me and my friends always joke that Turn 10 just has a program that they run a car through and BAM throw it into the game. They have proved already that they can adjust cars PI and fix balancing issues before. They just choose the easy way of not doing so.

I heard that someone may have mentioned running a A600, S700 and R3800 for the series?
Here are some reasons that just wouldn't work unless certain cars were banned.
-If you do public racing you know about "Leaderboard cars."
-Leaderboard cars are cars that you can just put a good parts setup on (no tune) and beat 90% of people out there.
-This isn't because of a driver skill difference this is because of how unbalanced the PI system is with these cars, or how their power/weight ratio is the same as others yet somehow still way quicker
EXAMPLE: Corvette C6 GS has same Power/Weight ratio as C6 ZR1 yet is somehow quicker - S700
-Here's a bit of a list for s700 leaderboard (yes there's a lot)
Gallardo, F50, Ford GT40, Lotus Exige, Lotus Elise, Alpha 33, Ford GT, Shelby 427, Corvette GS
(I'm missing a few but there's the basics) So if that were to happen some cars would need to be penalized or banned from available cars. R2 has the Mazda Fiura as it's leaderboard. R3 has the Mosler and I believe Joss as well (maybe even the Ultima GTR).

LMP is a cool idea but driving those cars can be pretty difficult even for an experienced driver. If that were to even pass having an LMP class I think you would have to be Admin Approved to be allowed to race in it. Having a less experienced driver in one of those cars could cause a lot of problems. You come up to other cars extremely quick, those cars performance is outright insane.

The LSA was doing a bunch of testing over the past few days actually. This testing wasn't for the race today either. This testing was buying/building up a ton of cars for a possible GT1(I believe) race spec. He actually has a very nice range of cars that would all work together for this class, but I'll leave him to tell all the information about that since I don't know all the details.

I will throw this Biased comment in because I just have to. The R3 Corvette, I want to race this car competitively next season. (Especially since I just bought the DLC last night) I actually was going to race it this season but my team mate The LSA is a rookie to the series. I chose to rock a Holden with him since it would be better than having either of us try running solo. He also really wants to use this Corvette. So besides my biased Corvette thought there's just my 0.02.
Back to top Go down
http://www.CustomFighters.com
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?    New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 11:55 am

The corvette is already eligible..... I don't get it.....

If you have no interest in running some of these other classes please don't comment.
Back to top Go down
The LSA

PostSubject: Re: New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?    New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 2:23 pm

The interest is there Prone. It seemed like we haven't yet reached a concensus (though maybe a majority) on which type of class would be the best addition to the series. I was throwing my idea out there because a couple of people had mentioned that a R2 class may be a good idea, and I have been working on that for a while now. Zalonka was arguing for the R2 over the LMP class for basically the same reasons that everyone else is. If enough interest is there for both, maybe one could become a spinoff series. By the way, I am very interested in the prospective classes in aforementioned comments.
Back to top Go down
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?    New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Well, I can tell you right now, GT nor GTC will change at all, and they shouldn't. I think Prone is more on the line of people saying no to LMP because they don't like to drive them or don't want to race with them. It's not about if you like it or not, but whats best for the series.

If we went with an R2 class, they would have to be all from the same series. (Street, Le Mans, JGTC, DTM) They're just too different in spec to work with each other like the street GT and ALMS GT2 cars can.

I'm still in 100% favor of LMP. And in my opinion LMP2 or LMPC would be cooler just for the fact that they are under used in Forza and have some pretty cool cars.
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?    New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 4:19 pm

How about when the season is over, in the break period between them we have a few exhibition races. that way we can see how well it would actually work?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?    New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Racing class for upcoming seasons ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2