Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

International Ratings

Go down 
+7
Dr PiiHB
Admin/PredatorUSMC
jpnvr4
SaintedPlacebo4
Raceboy77
OLDFenderBender
AAR GTDon
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

International Ratings Empty
PostSubject: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 6:29 am

The IFCA has published the ratings results for round 1 of FSCS here
>> FSCS DRIVER RATING IFCA <<

And the overall World Rankings list from the 5 different leagues that are officially rated is now updated here
>> INTERNATIONAL RANKINGS CLICK HERE <<

Feel free to check out the other leagues that participate in rated events around the world:

IFCA, www.IFCAracing.com
SimRacers, http://ifca.highforum.net/f265-simracers
DMR, http://ifca.highforum.net/f272-dmr-int
FMUK, http://ifca.highforum.net/f274-fmuk
Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 6:58 am

Just out of curiosity, how are these calculated? I never did find an explanation on the IFCA forum.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 7:43 am

yeah, i kind it find of weird i was expected 1st in ST lol
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 8:19 am

The calculation is done on Excel, and the simplest explanation is it accuratly measures your relative skill against those you race against, by comparing where you are predicted to finish, to where you actually finished, in a given group. If you are predicted (based on your rating) to finish #1 out of 16 drivers, but you only finish 2nd, your rating will go slightly down depending on how strong of a rating the driver who won had. If he's close to your rating, you won't lose many ratings points, but if he is a lot lower rated, then you will take a bigger hit on points.

Our ratings program was successfully used last year. This year we've made some minor adjustments to produce an even more accurate rating than before. For example, the most points you can lose if you lag out and finish dead last is 5% of your current rating, whereas last year you could lose 10%. This way there isn't as much of a penalty for an unlucky result, and faster drivers won't have an artificially low rating.

Initially the ratings are just a guess and provisional because the computer has to start you somewhere. It takes at least 6 rated races for the ratings to reflect your estimated skill level relative to those you race against.
Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:18 am

That makes a bit more sense, what threw me off was that my expected finish in ST was 8th when I had qualified in 15th. So I'm assuming that you went with the GT class first, because that has been around longer and based the finishing order from that for ST?
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 12:28 pm

OLDFenderBender wrote:
That makes a bit more sense, what threw me off was that my expected finish in ST was 8th when I had qualified in 15th. So I'm assuming that you went with the GT class first, because that has been around longer and based the finishing order from that for ST?

Actually because this was the first rated event for most here, it was easier to start with the GT and GS, and then do the ST. In the future we will rate each race in the order it was raced. Which means the ST guys will be rated first.

Understand that the ratings are unrelated to your qualifying, (or anyone's opinion). The computer prediction of where you should finish is solely based on your rating and the relative ratings of the other drivers. So for example if you are the 2nd highest rated driver in the group, you will be expected to finish in 2nd place. If you don't, you lose points. And if you are in a room full of much lower rated drivers and you under perform, you will lose more points than if you are in a room full of drivers closer to your rating.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:25 pm

Is there a weird 16 limit? Because i noticed that people who started after 16th were rated to finish 1st instead of 17th.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:57 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Is there a weird 16 limit? Because i noticed that people who started after 16th were rated to finish 1st instead of 17th.

Yes, it's just a programming glitch.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Ratings Results   International Ratings Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:01 am

Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 10:02 am

lol lost 120 points because i lagged out of street, sick bro.
Back to top Go down
jpnvr4

jpnvr4

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:56 am

Raceboy77 wrote:
lol lost 120 points because i lagged out of street, sick bro.

lmfao... too funny!!!
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:13 am

Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 am

AAR GTDon wrote:
The IFCA has published the ratings results for round 1 of FSCS here
>> FSCS DRIVER RATING IFCA <<

And the overall World Rankings list from the 5 different leagues that are officially rated is now updated here
>> INTERNATIONAL RANKINGS CLICK HERE <<

Feel free to check out the other leagues that participate in rated events around the world:

IFCA, www.IFCAracing.com
SimRacers, http://ifca.highforum.net/f265-simracers
DMR, http://ifca.highforum.net/f272-dmr-int
FMUK, http://ifca.highforum.net/f274-fmuk

updated list!
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:04 pm

Another massive update! The VM Classics4 series is being rated now.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 6:25 pm

The results from Infineon should be completed and done tomorrow evening. Lots of replays to look at.
I am sure I will take a huge hit. Crying or Very sad 9 races though to steadily increase my rating and get better results. Season 9 has been one hell of a disappointing and disparaging season for me so far.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 7:18 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
Season 9 has been one hell of a disappointing and disparaging season for me so far.

Sounds about like my season right there. I am quite disappointed with my ranking at the moment.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:29 am

Dr PiiHB wrote:
Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
Season 9 has been one hell of a disappointing and disparaging season for me so far.

Sounds about like my season right there. I am quite disappointed with my ranking at the moment.

It can be a downer to see your ranking/rating fall, but it can go up faster than it goes down with just a single win. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:24 pm

That's why they are rankings. You gotta earn what you get. Simple and plain. Results are what it's based on.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Forza League Racers World Rankings update   International Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 12:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Hopefully after next weeks race I can gain some rankings.
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:24 am

I'm #8? Wow Shocked
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 1:03 pm

Matthnt wrote:
I'm #8? Wow Shocked

Yeah, I know! Crazy isn't it? lol

Truth is, any one of the drivers rated 2300 and above are a flip of the coin as to who might be better. But top 10 is very good indeed. It will take some more races to see if anyone can break out and pile up some lead in ratings points. I fully expect we will see people into the 2600's by years end. There really is no upper limit on ratings. It could go as high as 2800.
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 1:30 pm

After 4 races I'm 86th. Is that right? How is this possible? Is there a link that explains this?
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 4:08 pm

killerz2801 wrote:
After 4 races I'm 86th. Is that right? How is this possible? Is there a link that explains this?

Looking at it in another way, it means that you are in the top 27% of the known rated league drivers. The goal is to be in the top 64 drivers , or top 20% however.

There are only 315 rated league drivers at this point, and the list tends to grow at a rate of about 20 per week. The more drivers, the harder it will be to get into that top 64, and make it to the post season championship rounds in Sept.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: There is a new #1    International Ratings Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:50 pm

Though the latest ratings from Sundays racing are not included yet, there is a new #1 league driver.

http://ifca.highforum.net/t5185-2013-ifca-forza-league-racers-world-rankings-list
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

International Ratings
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next