Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trash Talk!

Go down 
+21
bigdutyDMomoney
Kamikaze1414
SP33D RAC3R 28x
Hiredgun308
MTBVator
jpnvr4
Tachyon Racing
EZT Sabre
No1 Tommy Smurf
KICKROCKS29
mrgrimp
Blahzay xxl
Raceboy77
NSA Roca
Admin/PredatorUSMC
AAR WolfPack
SaintedPlacebo4
Matthnt
Dr PiiHB
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
AAR GTDon
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Trash Talk! - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:31 am

Nope we won't be changing the rules against vipers. We will just be looking to see who stays in their cars they developed in Season 11 to have a winning potential car in season 12 and who will scrap it and start fresh again in 12 and use another season to dial in their car.

Me.....I am looking forward to the Final race....need at least 1 win this season!
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 10:11 am

Yeah, I'm more likely to switch cars, no sense in beating up on everyone in the same car again.  I might go with SP33D's Viper next time. lol  Actually, with all the changes to a more USCC format, I will want to look into my options.  I've never raced R1 cars like these before. Hmm.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Well, Don you didn't beat up on everyone. There is one guy ahead of you. AND there is one all important race left that could shift the balance of the standings...I have been working with Yoda and Obie Won...the force is strong within me geek
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 2:21 pm

Don i would love to see you in GS or ST. I wont lie and say that R3 or higher is my element. But im pretty comfy with ST and GS cars.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:13 pm

Well, Well, well I guess I cannot complain I was able to Get an ST Championship a Second Place in GT & a King of The Ring in GT. Not bad...Not bad at all.

Best part...Split them Vipers no 1,2 finish in the championship and beat em both at the ring! Hushed Don up a bit.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:30 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
Well, Well, well I guess I cannot complain I was able to Get an ST Championship a Second Place in GT & a King of The Ring in GT. Not bad...Not bad at all.

Best part...Split them Vipers no 1,2 finish in the championship and beat em both at the ring! Hushed Don up a bit.  cheers 

Final standings are not official yet, but it would appear Porsche and Ferrari took the GTR and GT Marque Championships respectively as well....  Cool 
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Congrats Pred, and especially SP33D.  All kidding aside the SRT Viper (or mine) are not the equal of the other cars in the game, as they are in real life, SP33D deserves a real pat on the back for doing what he did with it.  Amazing job.

We are all in big trouble if SP33D goes with a Ferrari. lol

MOPAR or no car!
GTDon
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 3:44 pm

WELL GENTLEMEN... ill say that on the forums its was a bit more than obnoxious, but it got dialed down to a great level on the track. Now that being said... ahem. BIG BOY DON YOU BEST RUN AND HIDE YO WIFE AND HIDE YO KIDS BECAUSE IF YOU STEP INTO GS OR ST IM RAPIN' ERRY'BODY UP IN HERE!

Trash Talk! - Page 30 127369479_640
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 10:28 pm

ahem I would have to say that it appears chevy had the most wins over all this season? Silent but deadly that ol' bow tie. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it  What a Face  Watch out next season boys.. I mean the whole season not just the second half Wink
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Got a sneak peak  study  at the final Marque Standings [not hard to do, as I am doing them....  Wink ] and not only did Porsche win GTR and Ferrari win GT, but Porsche and Ferrari tied for first in GS!  cheers [I assume those red cars will take the Championship with 4 Class wins over 0 for the silver guys].  First bankruptcy, now this....poor Detroit....  Sad

Last edited by Tachyon Racing on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 1:31 pm

I have a 'special' little sticker for the Vipers on my Season 12 Ferrari. I hear that Dodge and SRT are tucking their tails and hiding...well those driven by A speedy guy and a guy who calls himself the Don dada.

Not sure what I am going with in GS just yet..But I am testing Ferrari's first!
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 2:05 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
I have a 'special' little sticker for the Vipers on my Season 12 Ferrari. I hear that Dodge and SRT are tucking their tails and hiding...well those driven by A speedy guy and a guy who calls himself the Don dada.

Not sure what I am going with in GS just yet..But I am testing Ferrari's first!

I hope it's a reminder sticker that says, "Damn Dodge boys got more wins than me again!"  or, "I haven't changed my P.I. in forever, no wonder I'm as fast as the Dodges!" or "How do those Dodges do it?  I've been in the same damn car developing it season after season, with a higher P.I. and a better car, and still they beat me? WTF?"  Or, "Good thing I have rigged my favorite track with double points, or I'd never beat those damn Dodges!" lololol

Seriously, show some skills and get out of the Ferrari, or adjust your P.I. properly.  Drive the Dodge with me, you are an American aren't you? lolol  Or, don't drive the Dodge, drive a Chevy, a Ford, anything but the Ferrari! lololol Where's your patriotism man?
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 2:44 pm

I would like to race Don in GS or ST. Just saying. I wont be in a Porsche so sadly i wont be able to beat you with 2 less cylinders. But hey, its still german.
Back to top Go down
SP33D RAC3R 28x

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 3:32 pm

Womp womp...... I don't need no stinking testing. If the speedy guy decides to terrorise the locals in season 12 he's already got a car picked out to do it with. That is of course unless a team who has been friendly to me is in need of a ringer...... ;-)

I ain't scurred uh no stinkin farahrahy........

You know only little boys in cowboy suits ride ponies and think it makes them tough.....

Hey Don, season 12 is our chance to beat a dead horse!!!

Pred I think just about everyone sees those 757 shoes are well worn out. Maybe its time to review your horse/jocky's performance and fit it with a more sensible set of shoes.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 4:08 pm

To be honest, adjusting my PI is kind of without merit.  The car as it sits is built to be competitive for me. I can get into a few other cars with lower PI's and be = to or faster than I am in my 458. But I enjoy the car. I like the car. And it is the car I want to drive. If it bores you what I drive then there is something inherently wrong with that. I could care less what others drive. If you drove a Viper for 10 seasons because that's what you wanted and we battled it out for 10 season then hey the way I see it we have a long standing rivalry and battle that generates history.

So I lower my PI to 745 (tried several builds) My lap times are no longer competitive. That would then mean if speedyguy stayed in the viper I would not be able to compete with him at all (barely am now) or the Viper would have to drop to what 725?  Over 10 seasons there has become a clear average lap time for the GT class at nearly every track that can be deciphered.

That is the advantage of staying in the same car. It is fully developed. You have tunes for the car for most tracks. Then you may tweak a tune over time to get that little extra you didn't have last tests. If you or any racer remains in the same car from season 11 into season 12 they have a better base of competitive advantage over the racer who switches and has to start from scratch and learn a car over for each track.

Example would be guys like Manuel or Vator in GT. The last few races it seems they have figured out their cars and were clear threats for wins. (need a little more consistency) SO if they stayed in their respective cars the probability of them battling for poles, top 3's wins or whatever is greater. If they switch then that development process has to start all over again.

If we ran full seasons like the real series I would only be going into my third season in the 458. The life cycle of a typical GT Race car is 4 to 5 years / 4 to 5 seasons.. I still have a full 2 years to go before I have done that!  cheers

Ferrari F430 GT raced From End of 2007 thru 2011 season. The 458 Debuted in the 2012 season.
Chevrolet C6R raced from 2005 thru 20013 C7R will debut in 2014 at Rolex Daytona!

I have plenty of time!

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SP33D RAC3R 28x

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Your PI has nothing to do with your finishing position remember?
I'm not at all bored with your car. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter much what anyone else drives as long as their PI is adjusted to be fair. Where my concern comes in is that you have had the same PI all along but your lap times and speeds have increased but to practice and getting better at the game.
You told me that the pi adjuster works off of straightaway speed, corner speed, brake distance and acceleration.... So if your lap times are faster by a second than they were when your PI was set, if run through the adjuster your PI would be lower. Correct? I'm not asking you to drop 12 PI.... Im asking that you review your PI through your system and come up with some reasonable result. It may spit out a 754 PI, who knows..... But there's no way someone finishing on the podium every week, competing for wins and ultimately finishing on the podium in the championship due to performance should have +22 pi over base when the cealing in our class is only +18 over you.
There is absolutely no way that the gap between me and you is bigger than the gap between you and the guys in 775 cars.
Don't base your PI off of others, but rather submit your own results to your standardised leveling system and everyone should be equal. Just asking for a review... Not the only one feeling this way, although most of them won't speak up.
Back to top Go down
SP33D RAC3R 28x

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:00 pm

Btw, all lap times this season on GT were faster than last season. And at most tracks you ran equal to last season's pole time.

I don't know what the viper PI would be at, whatever your algorithm spits out. It may tell you the 458 should be at 750 and the viper at 732 I don't know. What I do know is it will bring the back of the field into competitiveness.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:06 pm

And still got no pole positions and only 1 win. Guess I should adjust my PI up a couple of points.  scratch 
Back to top Go down
SP33D RAC3R 28x

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:35 pm

Just asking for a review that's all... :-)

By your description I could have run slow with a 742 this season then dominated next season bc I had a "PI lock"
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 7:09 pm

The difference is I run HARD every race. I don't 'work' the system like you are suggesting. I practice, I practice and I practice. I earn the ability to try and be a contender.  I have driven the same car yep. That is my advantage. I have suggested it to many people. Changing cars every season is a disadvantage. I should not suffer because I have 'developed my car over this time.  It also is fairly clear that when very fast guys like your self come in I still work just as hard and sometimes harder and I am still not on that pace.  

As for qualifying...I am not sure of where I was a second faster?! Let me see..Sebring I qualified .05 slower, Suzuka .05 better, Indy .03 better, Bernese .3 better, Road America .1 slower, Nurb GP .4 slower, LeMans .3 slower, Road Atlanta .1 better, Hockenheimring .5 slower, Infineon .1 slower, Mugello .4 slower....SO Hmmm I see not a single track where I was a second faster. There was not even 1 track where I improved .5 a second. At my PI I am not the fastest. I am not the slowest I am competitive and with as much time I should be.

If I won 5 races, 6 races in runaway fashion and I was obviously faster than everyone than I would have no problem understanding the point you are trying to make. I am not. I am in a car that is developed, I enjoy, I have mastered to the best of my ability. This seat time and development has allowed me to be a contender If more did what I did, there would be many more racers who would begin the season off the bat ready to compete. But racers choose to start over and it takes time to develop a front running car for MOST of us. Not everyone can jump on with no practice and be within tenths of those who practice their tails off and get notably faster during the race.

I am not real sure why I have to defend my PI. I am not dominant. You on the other hand were and your PI was not adjusted down. You didn't volunteer to give up any PI.  "hey Pred I won 5 races, probably 6 had I not had to pre-race Mugello, came in second 3 more races and 3rd the rest of the races. Only finished off the podium twice. Can you take 3 or more PI from my car so that I am battling for each point" nope never got that offer. Never have in 11 seasons.

I didn't adjust you down even though I probably should have. Why because I felt you were attainable. You were the challenge the goal to work hard and bring the fight to. Your pace was not leaps faster that no racer could beat. You ended up being the carrot that was rarely grabbed. That is the challenge to me. I was not discouraged. I was kinda disappointed I was not able to put up a better fight. Shrug. That's just me though.

Speed, take a chill on challenging so many things in the series. I am trying to work it out so that it's available for more racers even sacrificing what I don't feel should be allowed in THIS series for the sake of 'the field'.  We spoke at length about many things. But on the forums you are a bit argumentative and confrontational.

My assistant admin has not mastered the ability to weather certain storms or handle certain situations without getting involved into a public argument. He is learning and I am helping him. You guys (not everyone is guilty of this) need to lighten up.

Admin

PS: Oh and DON...Nurburgring is a Double Points Event because it is arguably the most difficult track to race on and master in the world. Just to finish the race is twice as hard as ANY track I can name or think of. THAT is why it is a double points event.  I like several tracks and I hate a few too. The ones I hate are not reduced to 1/2 points.  Nurburgring deserves to be a double points track. Because you don't like it or are not fast on that track is your problem not mine. Just as it's my problem I have to practice twice as much to compete on Laguna Seca (love driving it in the real world) but really dislike it in Forza. I have to really put so much time in to hold on to a mid pack. I have had One season where I did well there. The rest have been not so hot. I don't try any less or prepare any less. I actually try harder because I don't like to not perform well.  I know some people who dislike / hate certain tracks and because of that they don't practice as much and really don't try to the best of their ability to really get better at a track or two. Shrug my shoulders. That's on them. I like to get better if I can not let something beat me.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 7:42 pm

Now if we can get back to Trash Talk" instead of let me complain about what I think is wrong that would be great.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 7:52 pm

This is just trash talk Pred, but SP33D is making me think.  With all that hard work getting faster, your P.I. should have went steadily down over the seasons because you are faster now then 2 or 3 seasons ago.  At what point do you start to wear your big boy pants and get that car into the 740s where it really belongs with you?  You see, I think you are faster now, and have just gotten a little too comfy with the same juicy P.I. lol
Back to top Go down
SP33D RAC3R 28x

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 7:52 pm

Not trying to be argumentative. Just a little tired of hearing everyone talk about the same rhiga to each other but never say a word to you. If i seem like I have a million things to question its because noone speaks up about their own concerns. Hence multiple conversations with many ppl griping about your PI never even being reviewed but Noone seems to care to back me up on it when brought to your attention.

The second faster is race time I'm talking about. Infineon alone you were a second faster. Aside from don (in a full handling car) you were miles ahead of the field on the alps.... Etc. I'm just asking if you could submit a set of results or 2 and see how it comes out...... I find it hard to believe that you haven't gotten better as a driver since your last PI adjustment.
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 7:54 pm

The Chevy team has called the Ford team a bunch of wimps with NO HORSEPOWERRR!
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 7:57 pm

Don, Speed, i hear you on that. HOWEVER. Everyone is getting faster. Least the guys that run every season. Think of it this way. When Gambit, Matt, and Raceboy all ran in my class GS my rookie season it was arguably the "fastest" the class ever was. I had the max 670 pi for a few races and i think i ultimately ended up at like 667 that season in the same car, the 911 SC. Now we all got better and i lost some PI, BUT the field thinned in a way that the fastest guys are gone. If RB77, Gambit, and *all* of those Astons were back (they were all really good drivers) than honestly, despite me getting better i would still have at least 10 more PI (aka my rookie seasons PI) (unless Pred decided to lower the front guys PI instead of raising the whole field to match them)

WOAH THERE TACHYON IM IN A FORD THIS UPCOMING SEASON AND IM TAKING DOWN THEM GM POWERED WHIMPS. WHEEEEWWWW GO FORD. GO MUSTANG. GO FAST. I GOT 300 HORSES THAT ARE GUNNA RUN WILD ON YOU BROTHER.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trash Talk!   Trash Talk! - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trash Talk!
Page 30 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next