Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS

Go down 
+24
jpnvr4
Blahzay xxl
Matthnt
bigdutyDMomoney
AAR ABEnstein
MTBVator
Tachyon Racing
svt motorsport
ArguelloCR
AAR WolfPack
Basticular
ox FASTLANE xo
Hiredgun308
AAR GTDon
SP33D RAC3R 28x
hannibaljazz 98
RR xGhost
NSA Roca
Manuel CR
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
SaintedPlacebo4
F4H Diablo
EZT Sabre
Admin/PredatorUSMC
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:15 pm

True and not to beat the lil pony over the head but I didn't have a chance on none of the tracks....you know what yall do what you guys need to do im done with this topic........also I signed up for st and haven't heard anything this is just a reminder sentrreplay to Admin..and time as well thanks
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:24 pm

*run s over to sing up section* ... "Pontiac Solstice...  scratch " My psychic skills didnt have you pegged on that one. I thought for sure i would have seen you in one of the Evo's or a Subi! Matter-o-fact my psychic self is telling me that you were at least testing that EvoX.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:25 pm

Didnt even see it lol
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:32 pm

Blahzay xxl wrote:
Didnt even see it lol

damnnn.
Back to top Go down
jpnvr4

jpnvr4

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:06 am

I ran a great time @ Sunset, but not winning great. Wasnt even close on sebring, and lest just say its been a while since I've been in B lobby. I'm not even going to question anyone's judgement of PI that I have or why I got (1) one PI advance this week in GT. ( its not even tire width ) Yes I can put the weight back into my build but then it because a corner plowing tank.I'm not complaining, just sayin PI adjustments are lookin a lil off this season. Maybe Admin is a lil too busy with home and real life, and its understandable. But I choose not to sandbag, and even if I finish mid pack this season I will know that I pushed hard as I could but was restricted from being a front runner just because I got beat by hannnibaljazz!! smh
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:15 am

blahz.the solstice isn't the one bro...too slow:(
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:17 am

one think that was on my mind, why was SPEEDS GTLM car and my GS car adjusted when it was clearly a close race in both classes and wasn't a blowout at all? couldn't get any closer then the race was..
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:17 am

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
AAR GTDon wrote:
Manuel CR wrote:
I´m not used to complains, I always take what it comes to me, but I dont feel the PIRS is right.

How in this world my GTLM Viper is faster than Wolfpack´s corvette?

Same P.I in GS?

Only 3 for my GT car?  thats only a flywheel, how I´m going to catch a second difference with you pred?  by the way yours dont reduce!!!!

The thing here is some people qualify just running a some lap to be there, I give my best that is why i use to be well in qual and then everybody gets me in the race, and their P.I is save.
I´ll qual as crap, to see if I get something!

I'd say each class had one or two cars that were way out of alignment, cars I thought would be brought into greater equality earlier. So you weren't the only one scratching their head.  

Problem is, as I understand it, according to the data that Pred uses, is the performance potential.  His data strongly indicates that there is more performance to be had with some slower drivers in some cars that have lower P.I. than other drivers in the same cars with higher P.I..  This appears to be the slight flaw in the prs system and the place where common sense and experience should prevail. Raw data is great, but it can be blind to a fault, and that's when you should make a judgment call and fine tune what the data is telling you vs what reality is.  

You have to go through a few tracks as well before you can settle on what the data is telling you.  Add into the mix poor performances and some sandbagging, and it takes a few races to get every car and driver balanced.

I think the P.I. is very close to correct across the board for Laguna, and qualifying will be more bunched up by the leaders at every track from here on out.

I swear I've heard this before...OHH YEAH TWO MONTHS AGO BEFORE THE SEASON IN A POST THAT GOT ERASED I SAID THE SAME THING....

The line getting turned on has made all pryer data obsolete...

Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:21 am

AAR WolfPack wrote:
one think that was on my mind, why was SPEEDS GTLM car and my GS car adjusted when it was clearly a close race in both classes and wasn't a blowout at all? couldn't get any closer then the race was..
the answer is there are more then just you too in class...plus being in the best cars in the class/mildly good drivers you
get hit....well not in gt but hey whateves...smh pit wall will taste good for some this weekend
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 7:16 am

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
blahz.the solstice isn't the one bro...too slow:(

Yeah but im afraid im stuck noe and no changing back.
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 7:18 am

I expent all Monday tunning the cars for Laguna Seca, i'm ready to fight back!!!
Back to top Go down
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 8:32 am

I'd like to weigh in on the PI issue, I have to chase Corvettes every race that are pretty good on every track. I drove the Vette a couple of seasons ago and won a race with it. Do I need some more PI to compete with it? yes I do will I run again and live with what I have? yes, can I compete for a Championship? no.I am a good driver and NEVER had a penalty levied against me in 9-10 seasons so the idea that a driver does not deserve more PI because they shoot themselves in the foot is not good for business.
The subjective nature of the system is the problem even if its accurate. I said it before and I will say it again if drivers don't think they can win on any given race-day they're not going to invest the time.

Last edited by vV Science Vv on Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 8:52 am

Long rant aside Pred, your "system" is supposed to allow ANY driver to win. Currently and throughout the season you have less data on other drivers yet they have received more competitive adjustments than I have, Speeds teammate rings a bell, I keep getting 1 pi while being over 2s off pole but a guy can qual 3rd or 4th at the ALPS and get 3 PI, that adds up right?
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:01 am

Matthnt wrote:
Blahzay xxl wrote:
It might not mean much but I left while on my 21st lap ADMIN.

I left on my lap 27 and even announced it in the room as I left.

Update the results page with this information.
Back to top Go down
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:03 am

Matthnt wrote:
Long rant aside Pred, your "system" is supposed to allow ANY driver to win. Currently and throughout the season you have less data on other drivers yet they have received more competitive adjustments than I have, Speeds teammate rings a bell, I keep getting 1 pi while being over 2s off pole but a guy can qual 3rd or 4th at the ALPS and get 3 PI, that adds up right?
Who are you referring to?
Back to top Go down
SP33D RAC3R 28x

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:21 am

I will be brief here as I only expect a few of you to actually thoughtfully listen anyway...
I picked my Panoz for GTLM because I like the car and noone was driving it. The Porsches are faster on all of the power tracks and the vipers and corvettes are faster on handling tracks. I think the Panoz could use a little more to compete with the corvette but as the rules state "nobody is entitled to extra PI, ever". I knew this coming in and although its a little disheartening to see someone in a faster car make mistakes often but have a fast enough car to compensate, ive accepted it for the time being as a low PI driver.
As for GT, I will not elaborate much on this because its not worth my time. I have the lowest PI in the series and although i was quite upset when I got it, ive put in my time to make due with what i have. I was told in season 11 that finishing position had little to nothing to do with your adjustments so winning races where other people have issues should simply not be a factor. When there are multiple other people driving the same exact car with a higher PI but not finishing as well, it does not mean my car is too fast (clearly not the case) it means they need to step their game up. Try to see it this way. There is someone winning races in the same car as you with less power, more weight and less tires. This means you have the equipment necessary to win and you as a driver are not getting it done.
Sunset - field got into their scuffles and possibly got stuck behind Luke for a while. Some drivers caught up later with the potential to win. I won from patience and consistantcy
Sebring - 1st place spun, 3rd place spun, 2nd place lagged out and most other drivers got damage. Won from lack of aggression and keeping my car clean. (A few drivers had the opportunity to win easily.
Alps - my car did well at this track after putting a lot of time into it but I still was only able to capitalize on Preds small mistakes. Did not have the best car here either....
point is I have not had the best car at any of these 3 tracks I was just able to avoid damage and drive a smart race each week. The fact that complaints of my car being too fast, coming from someone in the same car with more PI is ridiculous.

This is the last time I will touch on this. Good luck everyone

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
PI is not a public discussion. I will clarify briefly.

See ya at the Laguna Seca.
Back to top Go down
SP33D RAC3R 28x

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:28 am

vV Science Vv wrote:
Matthnt wrote:
Who are you referring to?

He is referring to DAT MAIN. Matt, I think I can answer this.
I believe Pred initially gave DAT MAIN a lower PI than his test indicated in an attempt to not overshoot the competitive mark. after sebring his PI raised a little, closer to where it should have landed since his performance showed that his test was accurate.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:40 am

I have to say science, if I have my comic books right, that is a very cool picture of the "Black Panther" from Marvel Comics.  I wonder if they are going to make a movie about him?
Back to top Go down
SP33D RAC3R 28x

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:41 am

To clarify, he qualified 6th @ the alps. Also the #14 car (Nissan) qualified 7th and also got +1 PI as well.
Thats all from me
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 10:15 am

[quote="SP33D RAC3R 28x"]I will be brief here as I only expect a few of you to actually thoughtfully listen anyway...
I picked my Panoz for GTLM because I like the car and noone was driving it. The Porsches are faster on all of the power tracks and the vipers and corvettes are faster on handling tracks. I think the Panoz could use a little more to compete with the corvette but as the rules state "nobody is entitled to extra PI, ever". I knew this coming in and although its a little disheartening to see someone in a faster car make mistakes often but have a fast enough car to compensate, ive accepted it for the time being as a low PI driver.
As for GT, I will not elaborate much on this because its not worth my time. I have the lowest PI in the series and although i was quite upset when I got it, ive put in my time to make due with what i have. I was told in season 11 that finishing position had little to nothing to do with your adjustments so winning races where other people have issues should simply not be a factor. When there are multiple other people driving the same exact car with a higher PI but not finishing as well,  it does not mean my car is too fast (clearly not the case) it means they need to step their game up. Try to see it this way. There is someone winning races in the same car as you with less power, more weight and less tires. This means you have the equipment necessary to win and you as a driver are not getting it done.
Sunset - field got into their scuffles and possibly got stuck behind Luke for a while. Some drivers caught up later with the potential to win. I won from patience and consistantcy
Sebring - 1st place spun, 3rd place spun, 2nd place lagged out and most other drivers got damage. Won from lack of aggression and keeping my car clean. (A few drivers had the opportunity to win easily.
Alps - my car did well at this track after putting a lot of time into it but I still was only able to capitalize on Preds small mistakes. Did not have the best car here either....
point is I have not had the best car at any of these 3 tracks I was just able to avoid damage and drive a smart race each week. The fact that complaints of my car being too fast, coming from someone in the same car with more PI is ridiculous.

This is the last time I will touch on this. Good luck everyone

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
PI is not a public discussion. I will clarify briefly.

See ya at the Laguna Seca.
Brief...concise...too the point...not sure what point...but hey everyone's a lil special

Last edited by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
svt motorsport

svt motorsport

PostSubject: PI   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 10:22 am

vV Science Vv wrote:
I'd like to weigh in on the PI issue, I have to chase Corvettes every race that are pretty good on every track. I drove the Vette a couple of seasons ago and won a race with it. Do I need some more PI to compete with it? yes I do will I run again and live with what I have? yes, can I compete for a Championship? no.I am a good driver and NEVER had a penalty levied against me in 9-10 seasons so the idea that a driver does not deserve more PI because they shoot themselves in the foot is not good for business.
The subjective nature of the system is the problem even if its accurate. I said it before and I will say it again if drivers don't think they can win on any given race-day they're not going to infest the time.

PI is like a government handout. Nobody thinks the other guy deserves them, but if you offer me some I'll probably take it. Heck, I just want a few points to be equal with my teammate. (whom which I agree with above)
Back to top Go down
EZT Sabre

EZT Sabre

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 10:28 am

Every body has a reason to complain about theirs or othersPI even me. Some people more than others, the system isn't perfect and we are all human and have different strengths at different tracks.
At the end of the day it bring the competition closer and it lets us run cars we love and still have people to race with.
Back to top Go down
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 11:56 am

AAR GTDon wrote:
I have to say science, if I have my comic books right, that is a very cool picture of the "Black Panther" from Marvel Comics.  I wonder if they are going to make a movie about him?
You are correct sir don't know if he will get his own or be apart of the upcoming "Secret Wars" movie.
Back to top Go down
svt motorsport

svt motorsport

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 12:33 pm

vV Science Vv wrote:
AAR GTDon wrote:
You are correct sir don't know if he will get his own or be apart of the upcoming "Secret Wars" movie.

thought that might be a pic of Science in his pajamas
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 1:10 pm

Just did some looking, and it's true, the "Black Panther" will have his own movie. Marvel Studios is working on it right now. Very cool, always liked that cat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS   SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SEASON 12 RACE 3 BERNESE ALPS
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next