Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

racing wheel??

Go down 
+8
Basicblaq
monette92
Meyervw
DirtyDawg73
Basticular
SSRT DWilkerson
Admin/PredatorUSMC
PickNick5
12 posters
AuthorMessage
PickNick5

PickNick5

racing wheel?? Empty
PostSubject: racing wheel??   racing wheel?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:43 pm

im really interested in gettin a race wheel for my xbox. im gettin kinda tired of the controller. the problem is, i cant find anything i want at all, besides the G27 but they dont make that for xbox. anybody that knows anything about racing wheels, please help me out, i would really appreciate it
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/picnickz06
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

racing wheel?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing wheel??   racing wheel?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:36 am

Fanatec makes some great wheels and pedals. (just keep your iPhone away during racing)

http://www.fanatec.de/
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

racing wheel?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing wheel??   racing wheel?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 5:46 am

The only non-POS wheel you can get is the Fanatec. But if you're going to pay that much you may as well get the Club Sport pedals.

The only other choice you have is the the Madcatz FFB wheel but that damn thing cost 250 as well and it'll break in a month's time.

Last edited by SSRT DWilkerson on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/
Basticular

Basticular

racing wheel?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing wheel??   racing wheel?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:25 am

the now discontinued Microsoft wheel is the only decent one under $150, despite its many flaws.
Back to top Go down
DirtyDawg73

DirtyDawg73

racing wheel?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing wheel??   racing wheel?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Admin wrote:
(just keep your iPhone away during racing)

Son of a ....

That actually explains a lot. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
PickNick5

PickNick5

racing wheel?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing wheel??   racing wheel?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:12 pm

i actually looked at the fanatec wheels but mannn they are expensive. i was hoping there would be somethin a little cheaper but not too cheap. but i guess if i want it bad enough i might get it. i just dont know if its worth so much money
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/picnickz06
Meyervw

Meyervw

racing wheel?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing wheel??   racing wheel?? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:17 pm

I just got the Xbox microsoft wheel and pedals. But I am much faster with the controller. Will give the wheel some time but it seems horrible.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

racing wheel?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing wheel??   racing wheel?? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:13 pm

It takes time to get faster with the wheel. You have been using the controller for a LOOOOOONG time I am sure. You have to practice with the wheel, never revert back to the controller just because your used to it. You have to make the wheel your comfort zone then you will get quicker.
Back to top Go down
Meyervw

Meyervw

racing wheel?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing wheel??   racing wheel?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:53 am

Sounds like good advice. Will give it more time.
Back to top Go down
monette92

monette92

racing wheel?? Empty
PostSubject: re   racing wheel?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:23 am

yes, I confirm that, but I bought the microsoft wheel like 1 month after getting fm3, and after getting use to it, you can be a lot more precise and you can be the car, not just have a thing in your hand... Razz but the microsoft wheel hasnt a life time expected duration, my pedal cable have some trouble and some times I just loose the engine control or it just brake by imself, nogood for a 2 hours race... but its was 100 bucks so...
Back to top Go down
http://www.Gom-team.com
Basicblaq

racing wheel?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing wheel??   racing wheel?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:49 am

PickNick5 wrote:
i actually looked at the fanatec wheels but mannn they are expensive. i was hoping there would be somethin a little cheaper but not too cheap. but i guess if i want it bad enough i might get it. i just dont know if its worth so much money

LOL I was saying the same thing...but I am going to see if I can fork out the cash when they become available. I am looking at getting the entire set so $499. I'm still trying to figure out how they can charge so much
Back to top Go down
Kibbs

racing wheel?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing wheel??   racing wheel?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:25 pm

I'm using the Fanatec CSR Wheel with CSR Elite Pedals, it's a good stuff. The only issue I have with the wheel is the damn thing won't save my wheel settings, so everytime I turn the wheel on I have to change the sensitivity, dead zone, dampers, springs, linearity, shocks, and a few others. Once I figured out my favorite settings it takes about 20 seconds to get everything adjusted again, but when I forget to change my settings before a race it can be quite a headache, especially when I'm online with no pauses and I have to go park in the corner.
Back to top Go down
Claude Frollo

Claude Frollo

racing wheel?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing wheel??   racing wheel?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 3:13 pm

DirtyDawg73 wrote:
Admin wrote:
(just keep your iPhone away during racing)

Son of a ....

That actually explains a lot. Embarassed

What gives? I've kept the phone within reach and have not experienced any interference (yet!?!?!?).
Back to top Go down
o351

o351

racing wheel?? Empty
PostSubject: Practice practice practice   racing wheel?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 8:23 pm

After about 100 laps with the microsoft wheel thought the day today I can see a wheels advantage...However I'm having two major problems 1st. when I become loose in a corner there is NO CORRECTING I inevitably go all the way around. Could this be in my cars set up? Do you guys tune differently for the wheel then with the controller? 2nd. laps are extremely slow I can typically run 2:08s (avg.) on Sebring but with the wheel my quickest has been 2:18s with a 2:20(avg). I hanging on the advice of the community saying with lots of practice my times will get better then with the controller. Do you really think I can make up and surpass that 12sec. difference? Lastly do you guys even use the force-feed back or just set the adjustment to zero? Thank-you for your time.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

racing wheel?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing wheel??   racing wheel?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 8:51 pm

On the MS set the FF to 100! It's still weak compared to most. You also need to set the inside and outside sensitivity for the wheel, the pedals and the gas. My set up is 0 for the wheel, and 0 for the inside of the pedals and just a little bit of deadzone on the outside for the gas and brake. Yes you do tune your car differently for the wheel and pedals. And the time will come as you simply grasp the difference in driving, braking, turning, and the tuning differences. Yes the gap is a bit larger but everyone has a different learning curve.
Back to top Go down
Sir Panbot

Sir Panbot

racing wheel?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing wheel??   racing wheel?? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 5:29 am

I have my force feedback set to 90-100 as if you start going too low it ends up producing a yo-yo effect mid corner. If you turn it off the wheel would just be too loose.

For the inside deadzone I have mine set to 3 as the wheel does not center well at all so having its set too low tends to mean i'm fighting just to keep it straight. Outside deadzones I have set to max and for the pedals I set the inside to 0 to make them less sensitive. I also noticed that with the wheel I can only turn the wheel a small amount before the car starts to understeer which is stupid. You have to be extremely delicate and it is hard.

One other issue with the Microsoft Wheel is that the pedals (at least mine) appear to give full throttle/braking at about 75% depression. To solve this I cut up a dish sponge (not sure if that's what they are known as in US) and wedged them behind both pedals. This makes the pedal a bit stiffer and also removes some of the outside deadzone.

After a full race and 2 days practice I'm still way off my pace with a controller. 2:01s consistently on Catalunya with controller as opposed to 2:02.7 as a best but consistent 2:04s.

Also I think someone in the flat above or below was thumping the floor/ceiling last night because of the wheel which means I either continue to annoy people or switch to the controller.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

racing wheel?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing wheel??   racing wheel?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

racing wheel??
Page 1 of 1