Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit

Go down 
+7
CThompson17
Blahzay xxl
Basicblaq
Matthnt
Basticular
SSRT DWilkerson
Admin/PredatorUSMC
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Basticular

Basticular

Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:36 pm

the audi might have to pit three times? pale
Back to top Go down
phx1138

phx1138

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 5:00 pm

Pit times will depend on the engine setup. Cars geared for higher Acceleration and larger bores use more petrol.
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:25 pm

phx1138 wrote:
Pit times will depend on the engine setup. Cars geared for higher Acceleration and larger bores use more petrol.

... the question is did forza render this? lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:37 pm

that was definately one of the weirder races this season
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:19 pm

-]v[ETA]_- wrote:
phx1138 wrote:

This. Considering Gdubs Vette got better mileage than bimmers porsche, i doubt this 2 be true.

Also, just because a car uses more gas doesnt mean it will have a longer pit stop. O_o
Back to top Go down
phx1138

phx1138

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Chenstrap wrote:
-]v[ETA]_- wrote:
phx1138 wrote:

This. Considering Gdubs Vette got better mileage than bimmers porsche, i doubt this 2 be true

The 'Vette may have the Final Gear Ratio cranked up for Speed for the longer stretches and done better for the MPG.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:50 pm

Congratulations to XBR N1GHTMARE on the Pole Position and following it up with a Win at LeMans

Congratulations to xXScienceXx for getting the HARD CHARGER AWARD Bonus Point for coming from 21st on the grid to a hard charging 9th place finish!

Great race guys. Next race marks the half way point to the season. Those points are close as we head towards some more great tracks and great racing!
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:25 pm

That was a fun race with the two pit stops. Would love to see more races set up like that... *Hint-hint, nudge-nudge*
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:16 am

SSRT DWilkerson wrote:
That was a fun race with the two pit stops. Would love to see more races set up like that... *Hint-hint, nudge-nudge*

two? only two? must have been nice....and NO! no more setups like that till the 'ring lol
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:46 am

SSRT DWilkerson wrote:

Have to agree once the Evora got setting in and I got more consistence it was a great race especially the last 3 laps with Razor
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:09 am

I would like to point out Pred that around lap 6-8 I went off the track at Tertre Rouge (corner before Mulsanne Straight) and stayed in the grass/dirt to allow the cars (3-4 of them) immediately behind me to pass without causing an incident and on lap 10 I did not receive the same courtesy from one of the races I let go by me and said driver pulled straight onto the racing line. It's very clear in the replay that I had no where to go but into the back of the other drivers car.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Will be reviewed. Thanks. Any penalties etc will be handed out by then.

I don't know how many times it can be mentioned not to pull right back on course if you will impede oncoming racers. Wait for it to be clear before returning to track.
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:00 pm

phx1138 wrote:
Chenstrap wrote:
-]v[ETA]_- wrote:
phx1138 wrote:

This. Considering Gdubs Vette got better mileage than bimmers porsche, i doubt this 2 be true

The 'Vette may have the Final Gear Ratio cranked up for Speed for the longer stretches and done better for the MPG.

lol trust us, Forza 3 is not that in depth, i think someone here in the series did a test and had someone hold in the clutch while someone pushed them around the benchmark oval... the guy with the clutch in was loosing gas just as fast as the guy pushing.... its based off distances,

or at least so i am told

if you don't believe these handed down words, you can always see for your self

Admin wrote:
I don't know how many times it can be mentioned not to pull right back on course if you will impede oncoming racers. Wait for it to be clear before returning to track.

il say it again

do not pull right back on course if you will impede oncoming racers. Wait for it to be clear before returning to track.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 4:09 pm

I must give props to ZED for one of the longest, closest, cleanest races I have had in a long time. We shared alot of those straights and corners, he gave me space and I returned the favor. Very rewarding.Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Car11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 5:27 pm

Gas Mileage isn't based off of distance. Engine size plays a part as well I just don't know how large a part. A V8 will usually make it much farther than a V6 at the same PI if we are talking production cars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:40 pm

SSRT Pronebird wrote:
Gas Mileage isn't based off of distance. Engine size plays a part as well I just don't know how large a part. A V8 will usually make it much farther than a V6 at the same PI if we are talking production cars.

When u say production, do u mean a car thats stock or a car that was ever a production car ((AKA our cars)
Back to top Go down
BIMM3RR

BIMM3RR

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:39 am

The only valid point about fuel when it comes to this game, is that Turn 10 did a horrible job with it... (Yes I am still bitter that engines twice the size as my porsche's were able to finish the race without running out of fuel at Sedone club)
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:11 am

BIMM3RR wrote:
The only valid point about fuel when it comes to this game, is that Turn 10 did a horrible job with it... (Yes I am still bitter that engines twice the size as my porsche's were able to finish the race without running out of fuel at Sedone club)

And I am bitter that a DSG (Flappy paddle as some call it) gearbox is at a disadvantage in Forza when in all actuality is an advantage. But that's how T10 did it and it is what it is. (I don't wanna hear it...If it wasn't an advantage more and more teams would not be switching over to it even with the penalties they get for adding it)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:45 am

BIMM3RR wrote:

Remember you are pushing the same horsepower with that V6 that others are pushing with a V8. It has to work harder than the V8 does thus greater fuel useage.
Back to top Go down
BIMM3RR

BIMM3RR

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:20 pm

Considering my car doesn't have a V6, i'm going to view your statement as invalid lol... Chevy v8's at full throttle will get worse gas mileage than a porsche. The only argument i am willing to accept is a difference in the size of fuel tanks in the cars... V8's are horrible on gas especially large 7 liter ones...
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:20 pm

BIMM3RR wrote:
Considering my car doesn't have a V6

lol!

I've never heard of any V-8 getting better fuel economy than a 6 cylinder. If a V-8 gets better gas mileage why is Dodge trying so hard to push their 20MPG Hemi in the Ram.

Correct facts help arguments lets work on that shall we?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:51 pm

It has 6 cylinders. Whatever.

You can't compare a 6 and 8 cylinders in real life because they don't even produce the same horsepower to begin with. Many 6 cylinders are also designed towards better fuel economy where as the majority of 8s are not.

It's harder for 6 cylinders to create 550 horsepower than it is for 8. The harder the engine works the greater your fuel useage is going to be. In Forza your Porsche MPG is comparable to the Lotus Endurance (which runs a V6).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2