Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO

Go down 
+27
Maxximilllion
NSA Roca
LMR Warspite
LMR WARSPITE 2
Rocbotm
bigdutyDMomoney
Ruptured Duck77
Chedocidezilla
vV Science Vv
hannibaljazz 98
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
KikRox268
KICKROCKS29
CBR900RRR
worminfested73
Tachyon Racing
SP33D RAC3R 28x
MTBVator
Hiredgun308
AAR WolfPack
EZT Sabre
Matthnt
Manuel CR
AAR GTDon
Kamikaze1414
SaintedPlacebo4
Admin/PredatorUSMC
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Racing Line or No Racing line
Racing Line ON with No STM or TCS (ABS on)
Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 I_vote_lcap67%Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 29 ]
Racing Line OFF with ABS, STM & TCS allowed
Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 43

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 9:08 am

AAR GTDon wrote:

Try the versions I built off my storefront. They are closer in performance only 0.2sec apart depending on driver and track.

OK, I will
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 2:18 pm

LOL @Maneul's meme.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Had a good little practice session with Manuel. Ran all of these cars with him and didn't find any that were out of order as being too fast or too slow. Even went to the Alps, a very car specific track where the FLM would be best at, and it was, with a high 1:28.  But what was good to see is that all the other cars were not far behind running low 1:29s.  The Ultima was the worst car there struggling to get into the 1:30s but that was expected.

I'd say that if you go for the better handling ALMS P2 type cars you'll have to have some patience and remember that it is the passing cars responsibility to avoid contact and make the pass clean.  You will encounter moments where the DP type cars are going to be in your way.  

If you like the addiction to power and speed like me, the Grand Am Daytona Prototype type cars will be fun, but scary. You will experience moments where you may or may not make it to the next corner by the time the ALMS P2 car does as you reel him in on a straight.  If you go for it, you'll over shoot or make contact, so you might have to get your foot out of it to be safe sometimes. 

I'm a little faster than Manuel, so it didn't matter which car I drove at a neutral track, I would usually win.  This tells you that the cars are very close in performance.  Pit strategy seems extra important now especially for the slower but better handling ALMS P2 cars.  To run fast they need clean air.  I would suggest to Pred that maybe a mandatory 2 pit rule be in effect to jumble things up.
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 2:30 pm

I sugest Don, that maybe the DP cars of your list can be improved in whatever to be more competitive at speed tracks, even more than the handling cars.  Then we we meet the handling tracks the P2 cars will win.

That way both clases can have a chance, ...as they are now, they are even on medium to speed tracks, but in handling tracks the P2 cars are way superior.  But I like how you project goes.

And...

You are not faster than me, I just let you win because of the respect I have to you!!!  cheers
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 2:57 pm

Manuel CR wrote:
I sugest Don, that maybe the DP cars of your list can be improved in whatever to be more competitive at speed tracks, even more than the handling cars.  Then we we meet the handling tracks the P2 cars will win.

That way both clases can have a chance, ...as they are now, they are even on medium to speed tracks, but in handling tracks the P2 cars are way superior.  But I like how you project goes.

And...

You are not faster than me, I just let you win because of the respect I have to you!!!  cheers

lol, well, this is where the rub comes in.  The speed tracks will be owned by the DP's and the medium to slow handling tracks will be owned by the ALMS P2's.  

But, even on the handling tracks the DP's will be at a slight advantage as is because they will be able to hold up the ALMs cars in the corners as you and I saw in our testing.  The only way the ALMS's cars will have a chance is if they can get some clean air, and 1 pit stop is not enough to allow this to happen, because the DP cars can pit at the same time and still be blocking in the corners when they come out.  With 2 pits this changes everything and really gives pitting a more important role in race strategy.  

I implore Pred to mandate a 2 pit stop rule.  It's really important because the DP's will always get the lead at the start even with a rolling start, so they will always be in front at the start of every race. The ALMs cars will always have to figure out a way to try to not only pass them safely, but gain enough gap before the end of the straight as the DP cars blow by them and into turn 1.  Very tricky, and very exciting.  2 pit stops will for at least part of the race give the ALMs cars the equalization they need and would not have otherwise which would be an easier fix than trying to give the DP's more power.  The DP's have all the power they can handle right now, more power will only hurt their handling which is already just barely good enough.
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 3:47 pm

I say we run the Sunset race the same direction as the daytona layout. It would make for a better passing opportunity as to when you try to pass in the current direction you might catch that pit wall. Its tricky enough going through there by yourself but with two cars trying to race through turn one it could cause an issue. Less of a passing opportunity in current configuration.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 3:52 pm

CitizenS0ldier3 wrote:
I say we run the Sunset race the same direction as the daytona layout. It would make for a better passing opportunity as to when you try to pass in the current direction you might catch that pit wall. Its tricky enough going through there by yourself but with two cars trying to race through turn one it could cause an issue. Less of a passing opportunity in current configuration.

Yeah i was wondering the same. At Daytona they exit the oval with a left?
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 3:58 pm

Daytona is counter clockwise like Sunset P. Reverse and I think Pred noted an "R" to indicate the change.
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 6:30 pm

yes sainted at daytona they do enter the road course with a left. Ah alright thanks for the clarification don. It would be nice if our "daytona" had us enter the track in turn three and race back half way around the oval with some type of chicane somewhere but eh whatta do?
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 6:54 pm

I honestly really do like the idea of racing a "daytona"
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:57 pm

Ok, so here is what I am thinking for next season in a nutshell.

GTR Races Saturday 6pm PST (Could do a GTR &P1/DP class {DP is the same as P1 per USCC] Multi-class) The only multi-class in season 12

ST Sunday Morning 11am PST

GS Sunday 1pm PST

GT Sunday 4PM

Since we have such a clamoring for the line I will set up a vote choice
A: No line & STM, TCS, ABS allowed
B: Line allowed & No STM, TCS or ABS allowed
No other variables. A or B you guys will make the choice!

The FSCS will get back to the racing, get back to the competition. The multi-class lobbies although interesting and fun at times...really just made the racing less competitive across a particular class. Season 12 the racing is the most important thing.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 12:06 am

PLEASE REVIEW ORIGINAL POST OF THIS THREAD AND VOTE
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 12:58 am

ST, GS and GT is the series' bread and butter. I can see good turn outs for ST always. Its a great class. GT for whatever reason has the largest draw, and my favorite class as far as the cars involved is GS. If we can work out a smooth time spacing for each class this could work alright. Im not sure what kind of numbers the GTR will draw as of yet. I plan on running ST and GS. I can and will most likely run a few races in a GTR car.

I would like to say though that i think at the very least regardless of the result of the poll you should continue with the idea that the ST class keep the line on. While i think its the easiest to run without a line, it would make preparation a bit less time intensive and i would be able to focus more on my GS car, not that ST isnt important to me as well.

As for a blanket thing across all classes im torn on the issue. I feel like a race is more "rearding" and more skill based without the line, ei a braking battle in the final corners of a race. However, i have had plenty of fun with the line on in the V8 Superstars Series.

I do think that the line will lessen the gap between drivers and provide closer racing due to more consistency. So overall im a bit torn. I know im about half a second faster without the line, but i cant run that as often and it takes a ton of practice to achieve. I wish i could turn it on and off during a race at will so when things got a bit duller and more sleep inducing i could flick it on to keep me on my toes haha.
Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 5:43 am

I can't vote
Back to top Go down
MTBVator

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 6:33 am

Can't vote. 7 hours after poll initiation?
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 7:23 am

won't let me vote, but I vote for b.
Back to top Go down
SP33D RAC3R 28x

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 7:39 am

Wont let me vote either. Wasn't working last night when I went to bed either.
I vote B. Line on, no tcs etc.
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 8:57 am

Dont want to start the Hell in here, but here is my opinion.

Yesterday I had some issues racing, and I was able to catch back some people because they made mistakes too.  With the line they simply will be far ahead.  Mistakes and concentration is part of racing.

My vote is for NO line (as voting is still locked)

Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:10 am

But anyway, I can deal with whatever if that helps the series.

Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:20 am

Not sure whether my vote was taken or not, but I am also voting against running with the line. Mainly because I do not think it should be allowed, but secondly because I do run with ABS - while I try not to rely on it, I do like to have it there to prevent something catastrophic from happening....
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 10:32 am

Try now to vote.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 10:42 am

Even if the line on wins the vote I will never have it on for ME. I have never not one time used it.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 10:55 am

shouldn't there be the third and fourth choices of nothing allowed and everything allowed?
Back to top Go down
worminfested73

worminfested73

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 11:44 am

Yeah I vote for the line off. The vote worked for me.
Back to top Go down
MTBVator

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 11:45 am

The line is a two edged sword.  In a pack, the cars to the rear need to brake before they see red,  Will they?  If competitors follow the line and its advice they may be less apt to going  off track, leading to tighter fields, compounding the braking issue.

The penalty system will be working overtime.

It may be a necessary evil to bring more competitors to the series.  This point is number one.  

having the lower classes with the line and the PREMIER without may be an option.  GT, Sunday prime time is premier.  GTR Saturday, ST and GS run with the line.  

This way the Competitors who want the line have the entry level (speedwise) class, an S class and the theoretical fastest cars available to them.  The GT class will remain as is for the purists.

My vote would be for the line.  This game is over two years old.  Regaining the larger fields from only two seasons ago (when I entered FSCS) isn't going to happen without some dramatic change.

Other assists;  TCS- yes,  ABS-yes, Steering - normal or sim, STM-no.  This could cross all classes, all modern cars have these features, each of them slows laptimes anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next