Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps

Go down 
+28
jpnvr4
Zenrad
Hiredgun308
F4H FACEPALMER
lukemad9999
R3troD
OLDFenderBender
jeckel4438
Ultimate Husler
TheManNowDog777
bLuEsMoKe305
Zalonka_IV
Bradsz
-]v[ETA]_-
THF dvsSublime
Matthnt
SSRT_Pronebird
Ezt Gambit
EdgeofNerd
SaintedPlacebo4
No1 Tommy Smurf
Raceboy77
blackhawk s61
Boostbeef
Abramsmech17
JumpInTheFire88
SSRT DWilkerson
Admin/PredatorUSMC
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Matthnt

Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:09 pm

SSRT_Pronebird wrote:

Oh yeah and Matt gets a 10 point deduction for what couldn't have been worse than what you did.

I hit Gambit pretty squarely, its something that could have been prevented had I not tried to brake while sideways and partly in the grass. Something always happens to me at this track, red mist and stuff.

I only got a 10 point deduction because I couldnt finish the race. When Roca's car lagged into mine completely destroying it, 100% EVERYTHING, I really had no choice but to quit. I was in the porsche curves, at an apex with a dead car. IF I tried to get back to the pits I would have put every racer in danger because for me to keep up the 2 mph I might have gotten up to I would have needed to be on the track and the last 2 corners of the porsche curves, the right and slower left hander (twinkie corner) because there is sticky grass and asphalt there which would have made me go from 2 to 0 real fast.

Also I would like to point out to anyone that has the replay for A lobby to look at GTC at the first brake zone (turn 2) Dunlop Chicane. I'm pretty sure it has been discussed about a million times that when you go OFF THE RACING SURFACE with 4 wheels, especially if you are in the lead, you MUST wait for all cars to go by you before you return to the track, ESPECIALLY the racing line. This however...was not done and because of that my car was shoved off of the track. Will there be any penalties for this?? In my opinion, highly doubtful. BUT its been agreed upon by 95% of the racers here that YOU have to wait. Case in point is GLR Roca on lap 3 I think, he went off the track and PARKED his car until 3 Aston's passed him, then he resumed racing. And if this happens again where I am about to run into or anything like that I will not hesitate to just plow into your car probation or not.

In the highest tier of motorsports, Formula 1, running another driver off the track is punishable by a drive-thru penalty. Which occurred most recently at Monza. Since we dont actually adhere to ALMS rules in this series, that's also what they give as penalty for that situation. So I would suggest to the stewards, not just Pred, to look at that and come to a decision about a penalty.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:36 pm

The penalty system is laid out fairly easily for all to see. It's the same for me as it is for anyone else there Pronebird. I made a mistake and got a little over aggressive and caused an on track incident. The penalty for me is the same as everyone else here. Either a 30 second time penalty or a 10 point loss with a two race probation. Since I finished the race the 30 second time penalty is what is given. Had I DNF then a 10 point penalty is given. It's that simple.

The 30 second penalty is our version of a pit drive through.

And to retort to Pronebirds Venting. You have not payed attention then if you think that was the worst wreck that has occurred in this series. Hell, not even this season. The story goes more like this. I was maybe a 100 ft behind Pronebird as we head into the Porsche curves. I see the GTC cars and that you are held up. I know that I and my car are better than you and your car in that section of the track (Each lap I would get right back on your bumper through that section). I immediately end up right on your bumper through the Porsche curves maybe 20 ft at most. I am waiting as you are being held up by the two battling GTC cars. You went wide on the last left hander before the straight (the one with the twinkies to the left), I saw it as you began to drift out. I see the opportunity and got on the gas a bit harder than I should have, the car got squirly I had to check up to not hit the GTC cars, I think I touched one of the twinkies. Since I HAD MADE THE PASS you ended up behind me just as I had to get on the binders at a point where I should have been accelerating. All of this happening at the speed of a race and you had no time to react thus hitting/clipping me in the rear sending me straight into the right wall. I apologized for my overzealous move, and got back to racing. It was not a MAJOR crash causing you to flip or go completely off the track spinning after I just smashed into you. You actually hit me but I caused it.

EDIT: I did speak to hired after the race. YOU left immediately so you have NO idea what was said. I apologized to Hired even though I did not hit him. As for your ummmm unfounded boo hooing about ohh Pred you don't know where to brake wahhh haaa. I know my car and I know I can close distance on some people under braking. So please remember almost hitting you means I got close like I was trying to do as any other racer is trying to do get closer to the car in front of them. Me and DWilk get close damn near every race. But it stays clean for the most part. I made a mistake. Simple as that. You trying to blow it all up as if I completely just destroyed everything is ummm... unnecessary and untrue. I will ask that it be dropped and the discussion ended. The penalty as per the rules has been passed. The race is over. I have apologized, you have said you piece and I have said mine. Nothing further is going to happen. Let's move on to Suzuka.

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:42 pm

A little is such an understatement......

Sounds like you were already out of control when you tried to brake Matt. I can totally see that happening.
Back to top Go down
Zenrad

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 1:39 pm

I backed out of the lobby around lap 6. Car is not nearly competitive enough to keep up. Was only racing one other guy who I had no chance of catching (although I could've waited until he wrecked) I didn't feel like wasting that much time racing the GTC cars, and since it is more than midway through the season I am not competing for anything.

Would like to race a full race or two this year if I can figure out a way to keep up. Then try and pick up a full-time ride in a team or something next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:57 pm

Pred you do brake late alot or try to go for gaps that arent existant
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:19 pm

You were carrying so much momentum there was no way you were holding that line.

Like I said either you completely miss that turn or runover Hired (which you even admit you were on your way to doing)

A little patience goes a long ways. Get some.
Back to top Go down
jpnvr4

jpnvr4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:22 pm

SSRT_Pronebird wrote:

I 2nd this...
Back to top Go down
Boostbeef

Boostbeef

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:51 pm

Zenrad wrote:
I backed out of the lobby around lap 6. Car is not nearly competitive enough to keep up. Was only racing one other guy who I had no chance of catching (although I could've waited until he wrecked) I didn't feel like wasting that much time racing the GTC cars, and since it is more than midway through the season I am not competing for anything.

Would like to race a full race or two this year if I can figure out a way to keep up. Then try and pick up a full-time ride in a team or something next season.

you need to talk to SSRT DWilkerson about setting up the comp coupe. he's probably got a tune for every track in the game by now for that car.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Husler

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:32 pm

jpnvr4 wrote:
SSRT_Pronebird wrote:

I 2nd this...

I agree 100%
Back to top Go down
Zenrad

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:38 pm

Boostbeef wrote:
Zenrad wrote:

you need to talk to SSRT DWilkerson about setting up the comp coupe. he's probably got a tune for every track in the game by now for that car.

Appreciate it, I'll get with him about it.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Ultimate Husler wrote:
jpnvr4 wrote:
SSRT_Pronebird wrote:

I 2nd this...

I agree 100%

so many people need to realize this, there's no point in going into a dangerous situation and dive bombing the impossible to gain a position, if you're faster you will get by. there are lots of dangerous moves that i always end up backing out of because i'd rather save my car and give up a position then wreck which the other person decides to put us both into a position to do so. i like to keep my distance when needed, race clean, and race safe. seems to work for me.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:06 pm

@ Pronebird...Patience, I have plenty of it. But when it's the last 2 or 3 laps its time to make a move. And please do not tell me what to get. I will end up telling you where to go. If you noticed I have not attacked you directly. Just retorted to your remarks.

Raceboy777, I agree and that is pretty much how I approach things. I may be a bit more aggressive than you but I don't normally make moves or mistakes like that. That's all it was a simple misjudgment and mistake.

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:23 pm

Zenrad wrote:
Boostbeef wrote:
Zenrad wrote:

I'll send something your way tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/
JumpInTheFire88

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:37 pm

I dont know where you got the example time for suzuka pred, but i'm blowing it out of the water and i'm not even the fastest Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:42 pm

JumpInTheFire88 wrote:
I dont know where you got the example time for suzuka pred, but i'm blowing it out of the water and i'm not even the fastest Laughing

I have not put an example time up....Oh your talking on the website. That was a random car with no setup that I did 3 laps in.
Back to top Go down
Zenrad

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:46 pm

SSRT DWilkerson wrote:
Zenrad wrote:
Boostbeef wrote:
Zenrad wrote:

I'll send something your way tonight.

Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:50 pm

would somebody be able to help me with tuning fpr suzuka.... im not good at tuning and the guy that does it for me is away for 3 weeks.... im happy to give out forza credits fore the help, my car is the MP4-12C
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:52 pm

SSRT_Pronebird wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:
so many people need to realize this, there's no point in going into a dangerous situation and dive bombing the impossible to gain a position, if you're faster you will get by. there are lots of dangerous moves that i always end up backing out of because i'd rather save my car and give up a position then wreck which the other person decides to put us both into a position to do so. i like to keep my distance when needed, race clean, and race safe. seems to work for me.
Yes there are some instances where patience pays off and other where it will hurt you.
I agree that patience will endure your race but in order to win, or gain a spot decisions must be made on the spot

Most of my desicions to pass on the track are left on whether or not i know the drivers style that i am trying to pass. If i know how the driver acts when Myself or someone else is beside them, then i will react acordingly to take advantage of the move they have yet to do. For instance...

This race Zalonka got ahead of me early. I don't race much with him and i chose to stay behind him to figure out where he brakes, how he enters corners, and where i can get ahead of him. I was using patience in order to plot a pass. however like in most cases with patience the pressure you provide by being in the review may cause a mess up. and thus i got around him within a couple laps.

Roscoe. later in the race. ( I don't trust my mic to race close to people thats why i rarely have it on is to prevent wrecks ) Roscoe messed up the exit of the corner before the mulsane straight corner. i chose at that instant to go around him, cut him off and pull the pass before the apex because he was recovering from the previsous corner. yes it was ballsy, no i didn't need to do it right there, i could have checked up a hair and (barely) passed him on the straight but it just goes to show. we both got out clean thats the main concern. is to know your cars boundarys and know how the other driver will react to your movemnts.

Just like the aryton senna tribute movie, when describing him. he will place the car in awkward situations in order to place the desicion on you. if you give up room. he will pass, if you hold, you will wreck both people. as soon as you give him room. its over. he knows he can do that too you every time to get ahead.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 8:07 pm

Has ton of fun but note to self and anyone that has batterys make sure you change to a fully charged set.
I had to pull over call my son to get his batteries smh and almost lost a spot to Metal.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Lol @ the example time for Suzuka, 2:10's on the first day of practice.

@Napster, I can tune the car. you always hmu on xbl, so im assuming youll do so anyways. talk to you about it there. and yeah credits would be appreciated as im lacking after a spending spree (dropped 25 mil on some Racecars)

Also. to keep things fair and honest i think that everyone should keep calm. relax. and then when they are calm, try to articulate themselves in a way that comes out less combative. if you put someone on the defensive they will never break down their defenses and come to their senses. just a my 2cents.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 1:05 am

Le Mans Circuit de la sarthe Results

Congratulations to SSRT DWilkerson for the GT win in his #73 Viper GTS.

Congratulations to F4H FACEPALMER {R} for the GTC win in his #666 BMW M3 (E92).

The GT Hard Charger Award 2 point bonus is earned by Jeckel4438 in the #777 RUF RGT-8
for Charging through the field from 14th to finish 6th gaining 8 positions!

The GTC Hard Charger Award 2 point bonus is earned by Basicblaq in his #00 Porsche Caymen R for Charging from 16th in the field to finish 11th gaining 5 positions! Great racing through the field.

Race Room Recap and Incident Report

A Room

GT standing start was clean no heavy contact. No turn 1 incidents or early lap incidents
GTC standing start was clean. There was some very minor touching but nothing heavy.

At the GT start the Pole Position driver The LSA lost control of his car and may have touched another car but then hit the wall on his own causing himself damage.

Lap 1 Turn 2 - F4H FACEPALMER {R} goes wide right off track and re enters into the path of oncoming traffic causing several driver to make evasive action to not collide into the #666 BMW M3 (E92) {view replay RAFT Hiredgun also goes wide in the same corner but takes the proper action by waiting for a safe unobstructed re-entry to the racing surface.}
Penalty - Warning - this could have ended very badly for many cars in only the second turn of the race.

Lap 1 Matthnt completely misses his braking point going into Indainapolis corner and rear ends EZT Gambit causing significant damage.
Penalty - 10 point deduction and 2 race probation. Due to DNF time penalty cannot be given

Lap 22 PredatorUSMC attempts an aggressive pass and created avoidable contact with SSRT Pronebird causing damage and loss of control.
Penalty - 30 second time penalty and 2 race porbation

B Room

GT standing start was clean no heavy contact. No turn 1 incidents or early lap incidents.
GTC standing start was clean.

Lap 1 Turn 2 a few GT racers went off the racing surface and came back on with traffic near causing some evasive maneuvers to be made.

Lap 1 slight contact between ROSCOEpCOTRAIN & Raceboy777 is deemed a racing incident. No penalty issued.

Lap 3 Porsche Curves a racing incident between Zalonka IV and OldFenderBender where OldFenderBender while following Zalonka IV gets into the back of Zalonka IV. It appeared Zalonka got two tires in the grass then tapped the brakes which then led to OldFenderBender who was directly behind him carrying momentum to bump the Holden causing minor damage to both cars. No penalty, deemed a race incident.

Team Alpha Racing International will be Penalized 10 Team points for violating the Series livery rule 2.0E. If this is not corrected by Suzuka the team will lose 25 points and each racer will also lose 25 championship points.

C Room

HAVE NOT VIEWED REPLAY YET

Results are up for Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe.
Points Are Up.

Team Points Not Yet Updated.
Top 5 Not Yet Updated.
PIRS NOT UPDATED
WRITE UP NOT COMPLETED

WINNERS PICTURES NOT UPDATED

A and B room replays are loaded my storefront
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:59 am

Raceboy77 wrote:
Ultimate Husler wrote:
jpnvr4 wrote:
SSRT_Pronebird wrote:

I 2nd this...

I agree 100%

Raceboy i know you didn't mean to bump me but what is wierd i had 6% damage witch is normally fine slowed my top speed down 5mph...poopy...then i seen the patients post and laughed....see you all in Japan....i think
Back to top Go down
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:10 am

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
Points Are Up.

Lies!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 7:04 am

[font=Arial Black][size=24]

Lap 1 Turn 2 - F4H FACEPALMER {R} goes wide right off track and re enters into the path of oncoming traffic causing several driver to make evasive action to not collide into the #666 BMW M3 (E92) {view replay RAFT Hiredgun also goes wide in the same corner but takes the proper action by waiting for a safe unobstructed re-entry to the racing surface.}
Penalty - Warning - this could have ended very badly for many cars in only the second turn of the race.

A warning is bull and you know it. We made such a big deal about the off and on's last season here. You're a joke.

Honestly, an avoidable contact penatly should be handed out regardless of the fact that no damage was dealt. You go off the track and come back on and hit another car THAT is avoidable period.
Back to top Go down
JumpInTheFire88

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 7:13 am

SSRT DWilkerson wrote:
Points Are Up.

Lies!

Laughing

yeah they haven't updated for me either. even tried pressing F5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 8 Race 7 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next