Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT

Go down 
+23
MTBVator
Matthnt
jpnvr4
R3troD
moesavy
Predators41
RR Chelsea
Ruptured Duck77
THF dvsSublime
hannibaljazz 98
EFI Dyno2NR
Speed Demon 69
SaintedPlacebo4
Blahzay xxl
AAR GTDon
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
RR Russ Wheeler
NSA Roca
Manuel CR
SP33D RAC3R 28x
AAR WolfPack
EZT Sabre
Admin/PredatorUSMC
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:06 pm

I totally agree with that pred... some tracks do fit some cars better.. but I didn't get close to first on sunset reverse..look at the end of the day if you have a car that can win a race its all on you right..I don't feel I do and practice times and qual times show it as well...I never ran a practice race where I was close to the top six drivers...im push this car trying to make moves and im not getting faster.
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:06 pm

all I can say is… watch out for a blue koenigsegg at lemans..
Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:08 pm

Can someone please pm me a pic of the finishing times of gt A lobby
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:08 pm

Lol look at this already looking to compete two races away you wont hear that from me lol
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:09 pm

What is the worst can happens if you give too much P.I on someone? He will win and will be happy, the next race you can rest some if necesary, but we have a happy customer.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:10 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:
Point well missed again roscoe. If the pros can find it difficult to balance cars then us amateurs might be just as challenged. It is very rare for any series to have 100% balanced cars hence the reason for Pred's system.
Very good excuse Don ...but we have ...smh its a game...you said your continental series was balenced? Must have been a fluke...NO YOU TESTED THEM UNTIL THEY WERE CORRECT.....
Correct?
Preds system worked great when he controlled the amount of practice it took to compete at alobby leval
...ok response...they drive multimillion dollar cars...we play a game...
There is an entire class of p2 cars that are already even!!!
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:13 pm

You know my apologies I normally don't vent like that..im done lol
Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:19 pm

AAR WolfPack wrote:
why are you worried/ running leman? We haven't heard what we are doing or I haven't maybe i missed that post. Last I heard the admin didn't know yet.
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:21 pm

I think (just an opinion) everything will be clear and easier if thigs are set for the next race like:

QUAL
Pole  -2 P.I
2nd   -1 P.I
3rd   -1 P.I
4th   same
5th   same
6th   same
7th   +1 P.I
8th   +1 P.I
9th and over   +2 P.I

LAP TIMES
Fastetst Lap:  -1 P.I
laps close to the fastes: same
lap out of pace:  +2 P.I (damaged cars dont get P.I)

RACE
Winner -1 P.I
2nd to 8th  same
8th and over  +2 P.I  (wreck or lag out doesnt aplly)

Something like this, not is to state this but wise guys can figure out something stated to work with a clear scheme of changes.
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:22 pm

Hiredgun308 wrote:
AAR WolfPack wrote:
why are you worried/ running leman? We haven't heard what we are doing or I haven't maybe i missed that post. Last I heard the admin didn't know yet.

I think we are going as USUAL
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:27 pm

[quot.e="ROSCOEpCOTRAIN"]
AAR GTDon wrote:
Point well missed again roscoe. If the pros can find it difficult to balance cars then us amateurs might be just as challenged. It is very rare for any series to have 100% balanced cars hence the reason for Pred's system.
Very good excuse Don ...but we have ...smh its a game...you said your continental series was balenced? Must have been a fluke...NO YOU TESTED THEM UNTIL THEY WERE CORRECT.....
Correct?
Preds system worked great when he controlled the amount of practice it took to compete at alobby leval
...ok response...they drive multimillion dollar cars...we play a game...
There is an entire class of p2 cars that are already even!!!
[/quote]

the P2 cars are not close to equal. This is because you have P1 cars in the mix. Moesavy was over a second a lap faster than my Chevy. I couldn't even keep up with you! You guys have more pi against a car that is slower to begin with. Even if you take the Caddy down to its lowest possible pi of 991 your still turning faster laps than my 886 Chevy. But this again makes my point, equality is hard to reach.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Roscoe...I have not been salty to anyone at all. I am not upset in the least bit. Not at all. The point that I am trying to make is that a racer cannot blame the system if they hit walls or other cars by their own mistakes then get poor results. To me Bahzay is Risi Competizione...The car is capable but driver or team errors have cause very poor results that are not representative of what the car is capable of.

DP/P is my mistake I did not do much testing for that class (I personally have little interest in P cars) I let my opinions be made by those of others who did the testing. (not common for me. I like to find out through my own experience) So, to correct MY error I made a choice to get rid of the DP. Now I am trying to gather Prototype data to quickly get those cars to where they are closer amongst one another. This will not happen in one race so the P guys are going to have to understand I need a little bit of time to get it better between them.

This coin thing that Hiredgun308 mention (not sure what he is talking about but)....I have no racers I favor and none that I don't. I don't give more to any and take more from others. I look at numbers and make decisions, not names. I make every attempt to treat each racer fairly and with respect. (but if I get a bunch of disrespect I can only take so much) I may not get along with a couple of guys but that has absolutely NO impact on how I evaluate the Balance of Performance.

Blahzay...OF COURSE you had not a chance of even a top 8 at Sunset P reverse...You hit a wall early while attempting to take 7th place. You hit it by yourself, it was an error that I smh at when I saw it cause I couldn't figure out how or why you did it until I watched the telemetry and see that as you get loose you made no attempt to recover, you stayed in the gas and tried to throttle through the turn even when the wall was imminent...You didn't slow until just before contact.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Right Pred...so next weekend when my Mclaren is still well off the pace will you then make an adjustment on my car? There's no point in me racing GT anymore if you aren't willing to give me a fair shake. I'm leading 2 categories and can barely break the top 10 in any race in GT (and that's down to the car, not me)
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 5:10 pm

I am watching yours also Matthnt. I sure am. If you are looking for the PI to make it so that you are a second faster a lap in GT like you have been in ST then you will be disappointed.  Right now in GT you are just maybe a hair off. Trying to carefully bring the current unsurpassed GT leader within reach. He has to battle for his wins which is good. (he still gets em though which is bad for the rest of us  Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SP33D RAC3R 28x

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 5:27 pm

How come I'm being used as an example again and standard?  alien 
I'm not entirely sure why people feel I am a good representation of the speed everyone should be at.... I have anywhere from 12 to 30 pi less than the people competing directly against me on track and I am below base... This means that even at an extremely low pi I am working hard to make things happen and racecraft has a lot to do with it. My car & times havent been the fastest on track in any race yet this season but I have practiced, tuned and fought for every inch I've gained.

Guys, I don't necessarily take offense to you bringing me up as a benchmark but I also don't think its very fair that I be used as a target of "people should be adjusted until they are beating SP33D" either. Being that my car has been top 5 at best as far as lap times on each track it should be clear that my car is not winning races. My race craft, situational awareness and ability to think on the fly are serving me well.

Good luck at sunset guys, it's a scary track if your not prepared.
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 5:28 pm

You dont get it  The car can't compete at 744, yet I'm still there. I'm tired of the crap and your backwards answers. Why should i continue to race in a class where I'm fighting for barely better than 12th? You think the car is better than it is.

This isn't about ST there's no reason to even talk about it.  Also how can I be 1 second faster than everyone in ST when my best lap last week was .1 faster than Sabre's(who gained a PI without doing a lap) pole time? How does .1 = 1 whole second?
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 5:31 pm

do a car change if the car is clearly uncompetitive. Although I do agree that your GT pi should be higher
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 5:34 pm

HAHAHA IN THE GAME DON....the caddy is to good of a car/old but its there so Im runing it ...
How ever i did not create a class then sign up in the best car......
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 5:38 pm

AAR WolfPack wrote:
do a car change if the car is clearly uncompetitive. Although I do agree that your GT pi should be higher
Grown up table here bud...
This started because your team did not race at base pi like everone else who has switched cars ...aka the guy from Ohio who DOES WEAR CLOTHES WHILE RACING..."HIRED" is also from Ohio ...guess witch is the naked racer?
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 5:41 pm

it really isn't necessary to take jabs at someone when they were suggesting something. And it aint our damn fault we were given that pi. Jeez
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 6:02 pm

Arr wolf I asked for car chang and to me it was a joke..but I know if there was a way to get in another car I still would not get pi for some reason...

Pred you keep bringing up crashing have you ever thought thst im pushing the car hard maybe to hard and im crashing..look dude I see its going no we're so im do once again with this topic..
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 6:29 pm

This probably won't help, but eh, why not?

From the series moderator's perspective, I think it's just human nature to err on the side of caution in situations like this. Psychologically, its a lot easier to continually give people more performance than to take it away even once. A reduction is certain to be ill-received news. Plus, everyone in the class will notice, and the moderators must admit they might have made a mistake. I'm not trying to psychoanalyze Pred here, I just think everyone tends to think this way.  

I think Manuel made a great point. When someone's car does need a reduction after one race, I don't think the racers mind it as much as the moderators or even outside observers do. Since we can see each others' PI and telemetry, we can pretty much tell if we got out-driven or 'out-PIed' if we're that concerned.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 6:39 pm

AAR WolfPack wrote:
it really isn't necessary to take jabs at someone when they were suggesting something. And it aint our damn fault we were given that pi. Jeez
It was a..Jo....nevermind
It was not an attack on you ...still man up kiddo..lol
Back to top Go down
SP33D RAC3R 28x

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 6:41 pm

I just ran 2 different builds of the Joss at 740 and 735 pi. No tune, just downforce and diff. 6 laps each. 740 was 26.1 then turned to 735 and ran a 26.0. both of these times are immediately better than my skyline's times (with a good tune). I am particularly no good with mid engine cars so I expected to be slower. If I rebuilt the car at 740 I know for sure there are 25s in it for me.

I understand that you are not my exact speed but I can see your car having more potential than mine even on street tires. If you want i will offer what little help I can if it means you are more consistent and competitive.

I picked my car knowing that (part of rule 9.3) "nothing entitles a driver to a pi adjustment". So, expecting to have a pi at or just above base I picked a car that would be competitive without the balancing system's assistance. Thats just how i personally handled the situation. This is in no way taking a shot at anyone.... Blahzay, Ide be happy to help if I can.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 7:02 pm

SP33D RAC3R 28x wrote:
How come I'm being used as an example again and standard?  alien 
I'm not entirely sure why people feel I am a good representation of the speed everyone should be at.... I have anywhere from 12 to 30 pi less than the people competing directly against me on track and I am below base... This means that even at an extremely low pi I am working hard to make things happen and racecraft has a lot to do with it. My car & times havent been the fastest on track in any race yet this season but I have practiced, tuned and fought for every inch I've gained.

Guys, I don't necessarily take offense to you bringing me up as a benchmark but I also don't think its very fair that I be used as a target of "people should be adjusted until they are beating SP33D" either. Being that my car has been top 5 at best as far as lap times on each track it should be clear that my car is not winning races. My race craft, situational awareness and ability to think on the fly are serving me well.

Good luck at sunset guys, it's a scary track if your not prepared.

No offense ..as you are the class of the field you will get the press...
That being said ...there so were others before you who one two races and got hit so hard...-15pi from base pi .....no idea why you have not went less then -5 ...but all the better because WHEN I WIN A GT RACE I WANT NO EXCCUSES \m/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next