Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help needed for Iberian Full

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Basicblaq

Help needed for Iberian Full Empty
PostSubject: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:27 am

Hi Guys,

I was just wandering if I can ask for some assistance with my suspensions. I seem to be taking a lot of damage to the right side more the front that the back. I have tried adjusting the rebound but still nothing. I really don't want to adjust the height of the car. I was looking for some help to determine if I should be adjusting Anti-Roll Bars here are my settings

Anti-Roll Bars Front - 10
Anti-Roll Bars Rear - 23.40

Spring
Front - 246.3
Rear - 574.3

Ride Height
Rront - 4.3
Rear - 4.3

Damping
Front - 6.5
Rear - 5.4

bunp stiffness
Front - 2.9
Rear - 4.4

Aero
Front - 241
Rear - 572

Thanks in advance for your guys help
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:46 pm

I just spent about 25 minutes with the car and came up with times that would give you a PI reduction! Rolling Eyes

TRY THESE SETTINGS, I think you are a bit off on a few things. The Lotus Type 124 has a pretty heavy rear weight bias so you need to have the rear suspension a bit stiffer. Your getting damage to your suspension because it is too soft. wayyyy to soft. stiffen your bump and your raise your spring stiffness. Here is a tune I came up with that got me moving along pretty quickly.

Tire Pressure = 29.5F / 29.5R
Gearing = Use your own. I just adjusted the stock to keep me in the right powerband in the corners
Camber = -1.0F / 0.6R
Toe = 0F / -5R
Caster = 5.8
Anti Roll Bars = 27.7F / 32.7R
Springs = 783.5F / 924.0R
Ride Height = 3.7F / 3.7R
Rebound Stiffness = 6.7F / 8.8R
Bump Stiffness 8.5F / 10.4R
Downforce = 202F / 490R
Braking Force Balance = 51% front
Braking Force Pressure = 100%
Acceleration = 38%
Deceleration = 43%

I ran ummm some very fast laps after about 5 laps I was in the (Put it like this faster than all of us were running last night by more than .400)

Good luck and hope I helped.

Edit in....Also NO suspension damage. I just killed the track!

Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Admin wrote:
I just spent about 25 minutes with the car and came up with times that would give you a PI reduction! Rolling Eyes

TRY THESE SETTINGS, I think you are a bit off on a few things. The Lotus Type 124 has a pretty heavy rear weight bias so you need to have the rear suspension a bit stiffer. Your getting damage to your suspension because it is too soft. wayyyy to soft. stiffen your bump and your raise your spring stiffness. Here is a tune I came up with that got me moving along pretty quickly.

Tire Pressure = 29.5F / 29.5R
Gearing = Use your own. I just adjusted the stock to keep me in the right powerband in the corners
Camber = -1.0F / 0.6R
Toe = 0F / -5R
Caster = 5.8
Anti Roll Bars = 27.7F / 32.7R
Springs = 783.5F / 924.0R
Ride Height = 3.7F / 3.7R
Rebound Stiffness = 6.7F / 8.8R
Bump Stiffness 8.5F / 10.4R
Downforce = 202F / 490R
Braking Force Balance = 51% front
Braking Force Pressure = 100%
Acceleration = 38%
Deceleration = 43%

I ran ummm some very fast laps after about 5 laps I was in the (Put it like this faster than all of us were running last night by more than .400)

Good luck and hope I helped.

Edit in....Also NO suspension damage. I just killed the track!

Ok..will give it a try.. Thanks.....Fyi if I get poll can I host the room..I don't want no excute this time why I lagged out lol

Also you know me..if you have to give me a PI adjustment go ahead..I trust your judgement
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:39 pm

I don't adjust PI because a car is good at a specific track. But I hope that tune helps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:50 pm

When doing tire pressures you usually want your pressures at temp to be around 32 psi. Never much higher. I believe I ran 27.5 front 28 rear in that car.

Second thing. Never have your bump higher than your rebound.

I ran my anti roll bars almost all the way up for extreme reaction out of the car.

Pred is way wrong on the toe. Never ever run more than -.3 on a car. You will kill the already low top end on that car. You want to run as little as possible. I will run positive toe to the front every now and then depending on how the car reacts.

You will likely want full downforce on the front and say try 25% less in the rear.

Suspension damage is one of those things that looks really bad on paper, but in reality will not affect the lap times you run greatly. You won't even feel it until you get upwards of 20-30 percent if I remember correctly. I think it was actually closer to 40%.

Don't be afraid to raise the ride height either. With your PI you won't notice much in the way of lap times.

I found with that car that it was faster with a much higher differential setting. Maybe start at 60% acc and decel.

I would give you my tune, but that would be unfair to the field. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:00 am

My tune ran some VERY fast times with the Lotus 124 ask BIMM3RR and others in the room. I always run bump higher than rebound, that's why my car never flips and goes over the curbs and bumps better. The rebound is the springs return to full extension. When your rebound is high its like your car SPRINGS back faster and harder causing it to bounce off of bumps. I want an initial strong resistance to compressions (bound) and a not so over reactionary rebound to the bumps of the track.

As for toe and other settings...those are a matter of how you like to get a car to turn in, come out of the corners, how you like the tires to feel when you turn in and make transitions.

Full Down force? nah that's way to much drag. The car starts to push when you give it too much. It feels heavy and unresponsive.

In the end to each his own. That's what makes it interesting. Each racer has his own philosophy on what works and what doesn't. Neither is wrong or right, best or worst. You decide and run what gives you a faster more consistent car.

Nuff said bout that.
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:57 am

Thanks Pred..I make a few adjustments on the springs and A/Roll Bars....I am running about .5 from my times where my suspension was getting damage but I think it just a matter of getting use to how the car is handling. I think I can get back down to my orginal times.

Also I do think a lot of tuning comes down to how your driving style is and what might work for 1 person won't work for other.

Thanks again Pred & PB suggestions
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:34 am

lol basic had a rally set up lol ride height all the way up and almost no spring pressure
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:20 am

When it comes down to anti-roll bars, springs, rebound, downforce. Those things can differ based on driving style, but after all the cars myself, dan, spurtle, and many others have tuned I can tell you that toe does not help lower than -.3.

Same thing with the tire pressures being looking for 32 psi at race temp. It's just faster.
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:46 am

-]v[ETA]_- wrote:
lol basic had a rally set up lol ride height all the way up and almost no spring pressure
lol...same rally setup tune that got me a Poll position lol

A room here comes the Evora Smile
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:06 pm

Basicblaq wrote:
-]v[ETA]_- wrote:

exactly what downforce are you running? ok... be quite lol
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:33 pm

-]v[ETA]_- wrote:
Basicblaq wrote:
-]v[ETA]_- wrote:

exactly what downforce are you running? ok... be quite lol

Front 241 lbs
Rear 572 lbs

I am happy now..I am running pretty much the same time I was running before I made the adjustment. If you guys are online tonight I will do a few races with you guys.

Thanks again PB and Pred...you guys have been very helpful
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Basicblaq wrote:

Front 241 lbs
Rear 572 lbs
^^^^ is why your car sticks on a rail at this track, most cars here have
100lb max front
200lb max rear
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:58 am

I havent been this frustrated with Forza in quite a while. My car has just as much downforce as Basic's and I probably have quite a bit more horsepower too. I've even got it handling like a dream. but no matter what I do I cannot for the life of me run a time less than 59.00 Mad
Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:03 pm

Basticle wrote:
I havent been this frustrated with Forza in quite a while. My car has just as much downforce as Basic's and I probably have quite a bit more horsepower too. I've even got it handling like a dream. but no matter what I do I cannot for the life of me run a time less than 59.00 Mad

do you mean 49 seconds? could just be your racing line as well and not the tune
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Oh I know that it is 100% me and not the car
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Basticle wrote:
Oh I know that it is 100% me and not the car

Keep practising Basticle you will get it down. I will be on later tonight if you are interesting in getting some practise time.
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Basticle wrote:
should try F1 2010 helmet cam expert full race length, holy shit!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help needed for Iberian Full   Help needed for Iberian Full Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help needed for Iberian Full
Page 1 of 1