Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA

Go down 
+24
sniper919
OLDFenderBender
Meyervw
vV Science Vv
Claude Frollo
BIMM3RR
o351
jpnvr4
PredatorUSMC
jeckel4438
Hiredgun308
PickNick5
SSRT DWilkerson
KikRox268
Sir Panbot
Jiomen
stymer
snowman529
XMan4299
DirtyDawg73
Basicblaq
Basticular
TheManNowDog777
Admin/PredatorUSMC
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:23 am

my PI dropped to -4 when i finished 6th and people who finished ahead of me are still in the + PI's and didn't really drop any? thats interesting :/ but oh well.
Back to top Go down
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:01 am

Maybe it's because you went from 40th to 6th?
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:03 am

Raceboy77 wrote:
my PI dropped to -4 when i finished 6th and people who finished ahead of me are still in the + PI's and didn't really drop any? thats interesting :/ but oh well.

ya man so slow. 40th to 6th WITH a 40 second penalty. If you woulda been in a Room you would have finished side by side with prone bird (who won)
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:30 am

sniper919 wrote:
I'd just like to say that the race in B lobby might have been the best race I have ever been a part of. And seeing how i've been racing online since Forza 1 I'd say thats pretty impressive. Matt, Double Razor, PickNick, and myself had a great battle from around lap 3/4 till the end. Unfortunately PickNick lagged out but Razor and I chased down Matt for 40 laps id say gaining only a tenth or two each lap. I finally got around Matt for the lead in the last turn around lap 42 and in the same turn Razor overtook me. Brilliant race that even though I didnt win was just amazing. Great race guys, I cant wait for next Sunday!

Tell you what man, my second set of tires were not as good as the first set. 2 spins and numerous dumb errors let my 11 second lead disappear. It was funny that PickNick said I broke too early for turn 1 on lap 1 when he dive bombed me from 75+ feet back because the next few laps when I was behind him and E Stewardii he was braking at the exact point I did on turn 1 lap 1. I was surprised Razor, you and myself were able to leap frog into the top 10
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:49 am

Matthnt wrote:
sniper919 wrote:
I'd just like to say that the race in B lobby might have been the best race I have ever been a part of. And seeing how i've been racing online since Forza 1 I'd say thats pretty impressive. Matt, Double Razor, PickNick, and myself had a great battle from around lap 3/4 till the end. Unfortunately PickNick lagged out but Razor and I chased down Matt for 40 laps id say gaining only a tenth or two each lap. I finally got around Matt for the lead in the last turn around lap 42 and in the same turn Razor overtook me. Brilliant race that even though I didnt win was just amazing. Great race guys, I cant wait for next Sunday!

Tell you what man, my second set of tires were not as good as the first set. 2 spins and numerous dumb errors let my 11 second lead disappear. It was funny that PickNick said I broke too early for turn 1 on lap 1 when he dive bombed me from 75+ feet back because the next few laps when I was behind him and E Stewardii he was braking at the exact point I did on turn 1 lap 1. I was surprised Razor, you and myself were able to leap frog into the top 10

You know people complain about 1st turn aggressiveness but honestly that where you make up most of your track position. I made up at least 4 spots in that turn alone. If PickNick didnt hold me up I might have gotten to you sooner, or at least stayed closer, then would have had enough of a gap to hold off Razor. But it was a great race either way Im hopping the Alps is the same way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realsiticracing.net
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:57 am

sniper919 wrote:
Matthnt wrote:
sniper919 wrote:

You know people complain about 1st turn aggressiveness but honestly that where you make up most of your track position. I made up at least 4 spots in that turn alone. If PickNick didnt hold me up I might have gotten to you sooner, or at least stayed closer, then would have had enough of a gap to hold off Razor. But it was a great race either way Im hopping the Alps is the same way.

From the racing we were doing last night I think the Alps are home to the Vipers. I think we are looking at a good racing on Sunday, but 1 wrong move and your car is finished
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:02 am

sniper919 wrote:
Matthnt wrote:
sniper919 wrote:

This is exactly why people complain about the first lap. People dont see the starts as a start, they get greedy and think they can make up all sorts of positions. Thats hardly the safe way of doing things.
Back to top Go down
Claude Frollo

Claude Frollo

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:12 am

Chenstrap wrote:
sniper919 wrote:
Matthnt wrote:
sniper919 wrote:

This is exactly why people complain about the first lap. People dont see the starts as a start, they get greedy and think they can make up all sorts of positions. Thats hardly the safe way of doing things.

Ditto! IMO it's not worth the risk of getting in front of somebody who's going to be faster than you. Furthermore, the undesirable possibility of causing an accident far outweighs any benefits. These races are long and there's plenty of time to recoup a position after the field has settled.
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:31 am

Claude Frollo wrote:
Chenstrap wrote:
sniper919 wrote:
Matthnt wrote:
sniper919 wrote:

Ditto! IMO it's not worth the risk of getting in front of somebody who's going to be faster than you. Furthermore, the undesirable possibility of causing an accident far outweighs any benefits. These races are long and there's plenty of time to recoup a position after the field has settled.

Thats why its called a RACE your objective is to gain positions, safely of coarse. I totally agree that you need to be aware that its a long race as I do. I dont dive bomb anyone or cause accidents.If I ever do I will let that person back around me even if I go to the back of the field. I pride myself on clean, but fast racing, and you can ask anyone who has raced against me in the past 2 races im a respectable driver. If I have a clear line to overtake someone im going to do it, plain and simple thats the point of a RACE. If you cant handle running at high speeds tightly packed then why would you join this series? Maybe a lower class series would be recommended, not trying to insult anyone but I know personally I would have second thoughts of joining a LMP1 series.
Back to top Go down
Claude Frollo

Claude Frollo

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 11:03 am

sniper919 wrote:
Claude Frollo wrote:
Chenstrap wrote:
sniper919 wrote:
Matthnt wrote:
sniper919 wrote:

Thats why its called a RACE your objective is to gain positions, safely of coarse. I totally agree that you need to be aware that its a long race as I do. I dont dive bomb anyone or cause accidents.If I ever do I will let that person back around me even if I go to the back of the field. I pride myself on clean, but fast racing, and you can ask anyone who has raced against me in the past 2 races im a respectable driver. If I have a clear line to overtake someone im going to do it, plain and simple thats the point of a RACE. If you cant handle running at high speeds tightly packed then why would you join this series? Maybe a lower class series would be recommended, not trying to insult anyone but I know personally I would have second thoughts of joining a LMP1 series.

Sniper, nobody needs to be patronized or lectured on the definition of a WORD. In all likelihood, if you're posting here, you're better informed than most. In the end, I don't know you enough to judge or attack you personally; but from the antics I've seen, people need to be reminded about the nuances of assessing risks. The whole series would benefit if everybody takes a sensible approach to racing. That's all.

Last edited by Claude Frollo on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:14 pm

And I thought I had issues last week. This week everyone is at it! From rolling starts to clean driving. Crazy! Even myself and veevee got along in the same room! Even made jokes about it. Maybe that is why we are in the third room! I'm still learning your tracks and in my opinion - communication is the reason you guys seem to be wrecking....not many wrecks in our room because we do communicate......

And give the admin some credit. He works hard on this series, and it is his series. Just play by the rules baby! Arguing for hours over rolling starts....

Too much arguing, when practicing it is what you should be doing in the room prior to the start, not playing skyrim or mw3 until 5 minutes to the start!
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:37 pm

rainmaker2484 wrote:

Too much arguing, when practicing it is what you should be doing in the room prior to the start, not playing skyrim or mw3 until 5 minutes to the start!

I 100% agree with this statement. So many people wait until they are sent invite to even get on Forza then wonder why they are way off pace.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:45 pm

Chenstrap wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:

ya man so slow. 40th to 6th WITH a 40 second penalty. If you woulda been in a Room you would have finished side by side with prone bird (who won)
but i wasn't, i finished 6th. still don't see how other's pi don't really change when they finish above me and they're in the positives but oh well, racing is racing and shit's gonna happen that people aren't happy about, just gotta keep chuggin' along Smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Raceboy77 wrote:
Chenstrap wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:

but i wasn't, i finished 6th. still don't see how other's pi don't really change when they finish above me and they're in the positives but oh well, racing is racing and shit's gonna happen that people aren't happy about, just gotta keep chuggin' along Smile.

It's not where you finish, but how fast the lap times you run as compared to the rest of the field. You were just much faster than everyone else at your current PI.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:02 pm

SSRT Pronebird wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:
Chenstrap wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:

It's not where you finish, but how fast the lap times you run as compared to the rest of the field. You were just much faster than everyone else at your current PI.
yeah i know, i expected it to be dropped. what i'm just trying to get at is i'm confused that a few people above me who ran fast also didn't get theirs dropped to at least standard PI. but as i said, it's racing and no one's going to be happy with everything so my outlook is just keep racing and doing my best and having fun Smile
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:24 pm

I agree with what your saying claude. It was only the second race of the season.

I would rather not take risks when possible. But at the same time in a competitive room going easy through the first few laps can ultimately leave you out of contention for the win. It really hurts you when the room is only seperated by a couple seconds. But I guess id take that time loss compared to damage any day.

Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:12 pm

Raceboy77 wrote:
SSRT Pronebird wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:
Chenstrap wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:

yeah i know, i expected it to be dropped. what i'm just trying to get at is i'm confused that a few people above me who ran fast also didn't get theirs dropped to at least standard PI. but as i said, it's racing and no one's going to be happy with everything so my outlook is just keep racing and doing my best and having fun Smile

they're also in different cars which changes things considerably
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:06 pm

just now realized I ran Sebring week 2 with the wrong tune Embarassed no wonder I couldnt brake in time on the hairpin, my downforce was cut in half Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4