Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps

Go down 
+16
THF dvsSublime
ClownNinjaUSMC
Luongo27
stymer
XMan4299
jeckel4438
SSRT DWilkerson
TyrannicCymbals
jpnvr4
Basicblaq
Zed 0 Sick
Meyervw
OLDFenderBender
Basticular
Raceboy77
Admin/PredatorUSMC
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Basticular

Basticular

Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:32 pm

and charlessnelling did the same thing the lap beforehand. I was pleased that there was no contact in my lobby, just self-inflicted wounds.

I had a great race with Stymer. The entire race we'd be about 100 to 1000 feet apart but then one of us would make a mistake and the other would pounce and pass him. I think we switched the lead in C lobby about 6 or 7 times.

p.s. sorry if I caused an evacuation in your pants when I locked up my brakes leading to the 2nd chicane Stymer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TyrannicCymbals

TyrannicCymbals

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:35 pm

Basticular wrote:
I had a great race with Stymer. The entire race we'd be about 100 to 1000 feet apart but then one of us would make a mistake and the other would pounce and pass him. I think we switched the lead in C lobby about 6 or 7 times.

p.s. sorry if I caused an evacuation in your pants when I locked up my brakes leading to the 2nd chicane Stymer

It was pretty good between you and Stymer! And that scared me as well!
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Meyer and myself were having a tight run with each other until I dozed off (not literally) on this long ass track and touched the sand, then my nose touched the wall! Wonder how good a race it would have been if I did not make a mistake? As we were drafting together, we were catching those top two! Damn this track!!!
Back to top Go down
stymer

stymer

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:00 pm

Basticular wrote:
p.s. sorry if I caused an evacuation in your pants when I locked up my brakes leading to the 2nd chicane Stymer Very Happy

Yeah, I wanted to see the replay of that but my replay only went to around lap 10.

With so few people in our room after the 1st couple of DNFs, the track seemed pretty desolate besides our continuous battle. Great racing, you kept me on my toes for what otherwise would have been a boring race.

Sucks that you DNF'd Pred, hope my time is decent enough to keep us in the running for team points. Not a bad run considering how much I dreaded running here. After struggling in practice and crashing in qualifying I was just wanting to get this race over with, but it turns out that it's a lot more fun to race here than I thought it would be.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:30 pm

I don't know. I got to get my act together here. That's twice in the same season. That's never happened. Starting to feel like moi1029. ( vets know who)
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:51 am

Congratulations to xx M Rossi xx for getting the win at LeMans and his first win for himself in the Forza Sports Car Series! cheers

Congratulations to Basticular for earning the Hard Charger Award 2pts for coming from 30th on the grid to finish 15th moving up 15 spots!
Exclamation

Overall I would say it was a good race. There were a few incidents that I am aware of and 1 caused by a lag spike. Great racing everyone. Now we go from top speed to a handling track.
Back to top Go down
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:40 am

Congrats, Rossi. Going by the first few laps, I thought I'd be able to keep up with you, but as soon as I got into a groove you took off.

Fender and I had an awesome race at the end we passed each other once or twice a lap for the last few laps. I was pretty much touching his rear bumper when we crossed the line.

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
Now we go from top speed to a handling track.

My version: Now we go from a track I, as well as my car, love to a track my car will love.
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/
Luongo27

Luongo27

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:01 am

Sorry I didn't make the race last night, felt pretty tired and had blurred vision. Couldn't focus on the screen for more than a lap or so let alone 25 Sad
Back to top Go down
ClownNinjaUSMC

ClownNinjaUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:14 am

Great clean racing in B room. Had a great time!

Congrats to Rossi on the win!!!

Lizard Nation made a good showing with Jeck dominating the B room for 20 out of 25 laps till wheel glitches foiled his run. I just survived.... XMann forgot his 5 hour energy and his concentration failed him. All-in-all a good race with no DNFs.

See you at Maple!!
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:17 am

Sambinksey wrote:

Lizard Nation made a good showing with Jeck dominating the B room for 20 out of 25 laps till wheel glitches foiled his run. I just survived.... XMann forgot his 5 hour energy and his concentration failed him. All-in-all a good race with no DNFs.

See you at Maple!!

DAMN THAT STUFF DID NOT WORK!!! No more Monster Energy drink before a race! I did not even see another car for nearly 15 laps!Over an hour just cruising along......KMN!
Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:34 am

Dan and I had a good battle in the last 8-9 laps, passed him as he was coming out of the pits on lap 20. And had 3-4 place changes in the last 3 laps of the race, and finished nose to tail at the finish line. Good racing over all Smile
Back to top Go down
Meyervw

Meyervw

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:41 am

Xman, that was going to be a 25 lap battle. I spun a few times on the curbs but the sand and wall killed your car. I got into a pretty good rythem thanks to my beer. No damage to the car, and I was not lapped Very Happy The beginning was rough but we got that worked out.
Congrats to Rossi on the win. That car was fast in practice.
Congrats to Basticular on the hard charger.
Back to top Go down
THF dvsSublime

THF dvsSublime

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:45 am

So I pretty much got screwed because of a "lag spike" that this guy has had all season. He just wrecked me, quit the race, then quits the season. Great funking race, 2 and a half weeks of practice about 6 hours a day, chasing rossi for about a week, and finally get a top 10 qualifying time just to get completely wrecked 2nd lap. Complete bullspit that he will not be getting any penalty of sort. I know I'm not the fastest driver but I know for a fact I am one of the most dedicated drivers in the series along with a hand full of racers who practice every night (you guys know who you are). So ya, I am ranting, Le Mans was prob one of my only chances of winning a race but instead I get hit by another racer's "lag spike". A regular wreck wouldn't have bothered me as much, that's racing ,but a lag wreck is complete funking bullspit. I know admin said no restarts but something major like that in the second lap due to a constant laggers spity connection should of led to a restart. Anyone who watches the replay would agree with me. All that aside, congratulations to Rossi! You really deserved that win man, we ran the funk out of Le Mans for 2 weeks and you dominated it. Also Congrats to jeckel great race man, sucks your wheel took a spit on you. O3 once again without your help I wouldn't of even qualified in A room thanks a ton man, can't wait to do it all again this week.
Back to top Go down
Sgt Tethras

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:08 am

Thank man. I really wish JonnyDub would have made the race though. I was looking forward to racing him. Can't say the same for Maple Valley. This car and a controller is just NOT for this track and I kinda hate it. Already started practicing for the next race
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:28 am

I watched the replay Sublime.....that was pretty bad. I gotta give it to you man, you took it very well. Way to be a team player and make sure you get the points. I give you a lot of credit for sucking it up and finishing the race.
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Wow
Back to top Go down
o351

o351

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 8:55 am

snowman529 wrote:
I watched the replay Sublime.....that was pretty bad. I gotta give it to you man, you took it very well. Way to be a team player and make sure you get the points. I give you a lot of credit for sucking it up and finishing the race.
I agree with Snowman, Great job sucking it up that was one long race to drive with 100% damage. flying lizards really appreciate the points you held on for. You truly are a dedicated driver!
Back to top Go down
ClownNinjaUSMC

ClownNinjaUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:12 pm

This needs to be handled behind closed doors. If you have a gripe or complaint that only pertains to you and does not benefit the series in general PM the person. We need to keep the whining and complaining out of the public eye. Visitors DO visit our site and what we write paints a picture of our series.

Let's race; race hard and clean. If we have a bad race, lick our wounds and move on. If we have a legitimte problem handle it behind closed doors.

As far as the PI system...it may have its flaws but all in all it works well as a leveler. For example look at Bimmr and Matt. They have points taken away and they run circles around others (myself) that have a 60+ pi advantage. It is all about the driver. A good driver can take any car and run it hard and fast. Not to mention tuning ability. But that is a whole other post.

I know for sure that my car is fast, me on the other hand, not so much. So I get a PI bump to compensate for a lack of driver skill. If I get better and consistently win races or poles I would expect a PI cut.

Sam
OUT!
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Sambinksey wrote:
This needs to be handled behind closed doors. If you have a gripe or complaint that only pertains to you and does not benefit the series in general PM the person. We need to keep the whining and complaining out of the public eye. Visitors DO visit our site and what we write paints a picture of our series.

Let's race; race hard and clean. If we have a bad race, lick our wounds and move on. If we have a legitimte problem handle it behind closed doors.

As far as the PI system...it may have its flaws but all in all it works well as a leveler. For example look at Bimmr and Matt. They have points taken away and they run circles around others (myself) that have a 60+ pi advantage. It is all about the driver. A good driver can take any car and run it hard and fast. Not to mention tuning ability. But that is a whole other post.

I know for sure that my car is fast, me on the other hand, not so much. So I get a PI bump to compensate for a lack of driver skill. If I get better and consistently win races or poles I would expect a PI cut.

Sam
OUT!

In the beginning, I was really loud, but I have calmed down almost completely. I even created a different series so that we could get some more racing and get better.

I agree with Sam, (wow, I am agreeing to keep it social!), the last two or three races have been horrible afterwards! We have lost good drivers all season long. Like the 70/80's band War says, "why can't we be friends?"
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:56 pm

I think I blame myself for trying to be more open and let people say things that really should not be public consumption. However, I am actively looking for a way to change that very soon. Even if the dlelete button has to be my only method. These complaints need to be addressed individually and in a private conversation. Even then those individuals and I may not agree but at least it will keep the forums more upbeat and full of usefull information and race chat. I would love it if most of the chat was competitive banter. Track talk, etc. That IS what I created it for.
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Sorry (maybe not) to change the subject. Pred, I know you have been testing cars for next season. Mazda was up next, have you made it past them yet?

The wonder is killing me up through the M's!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:50 pm

too bad i couldn't show you my view from the replay. i purposely stay away from people about 200 FT to make sure that there isn't a problem with my lag since you know, i kind of have to race? i prerace as often as possible in order to avoid this. don't go thinking that i hit you on purpose, that's BULLCRAP if you say that. from my view, i was about 200 ft behind you going into the corner and all of the sudden my car shot forward somehow due to nothing i did and happened to hit you. The heck with all of you for placing blame on me, this is bull and there's no point for me to take part in any of this anymore.
Back to top Go down
BIMM3RR

BIMM3RR

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:18 pm

RACEBOY77 i do not know you but jesus christ your logic is appalling.... If your internet is bad you don't need to race. It should be common courtesy for you not to race, and getting mad at us because your internet is bad is insane. If you feel the need to stay 200ft away from someone because you lag that hard unfortunately in your case you don't no need to be here because your internet isn't up to par... I know you are quick and a good racer, but until you have a way of getting a better internet connection it just doesn't make sense for you to be messing it up for those of us that have decent internet. This isn't call of duty where lagging pretty much only hurts the person that has bad internet.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:20 pm

BIMM3RR wrote:
RACEBOY77 i do not know you but jesus christ your logic is appalling.... If your internet is bad you don't need to race. It should be common courtesy for you not to race, and getting mad at us because your internet is bad is insane. If you feel the need to stay 200ft away from someone because you lag that hard unfortunately in your case you don't no need to be here because your internet isn't up to par... I know you are quick and a good racer, but until you have a way of getting a better internet connection it just doesn't make sense for you to be messing it up for those of us that have decent internet. This isn't call of duty where lagging pretty much only hurts the person that has bad internet.
what pisses me off is people are blaming it on my driving and saying the "lag spike" was fake. i know i have bad internet and i can't do anything about it. i'm in a rural area in canada. if people weren't blaming my driving for it instead of realizing it was my internet's fault and my fault for having bad internet instead of freaking out at me saying it was a fake lag spike and i crashed into someone, it would be a completely different situation.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Whoa....easy killer. Even Sublime said it was lag. No one said you did it intentionally. We merely commented that the wreck was bad, he had every right to be pissed, and that he handled it well. Anybody would be pissed if a lag wreck took them out early in the race.

From Sublime's standpoint you have to see the frustration. It was your car that caused the wreck and took him out. I am sure you didn't do it intentionally, but lets keep it real. If you hadn't lagged there would be no wreck, so it was your fault.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps   Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 6 Race 8 Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 25 Laps
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next