Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps

Go down 
+26
EdgeofNerd
TheManNowDog777
JumpInTheFire88
vV Science Vv
Basicblaq
SSRT_Pronebird
Bradsz
BIMM3RR
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
bLuEsMoKe305
Boostbeef
Luongo27
Abramsmech17
BMEAZY II
Blahzay xxl
OLDFenderBender
Raceboy77
Matthnt
THF dvsSublime
SaintedPlacebo4
Dr PiiHB
F4H FACEPALMER
SSRT DWilkerson
No1 Tommy Smurf
blackhawk s61
Admin/PredatorUSMC
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Boostbeef wrote:
My main complaint with B room happened before the race even started. I don't think the guys understand that you are still racing the other rooms on the out lap and that every second counts. For whatever reason half the GT field was holding up the GTC guys on the out lap.

No brakes out lap - 1:34:4
my out lap - 2:02.4

difference - 28.0 seconds
+ time penalty for b room - 10.0 seconds

= a total of 38.0 seconds behind A room before the race even started.

Just wondering, what was the hold up, up there? i was surprised that we caught up. i can understand some tracks where things can get tricky bc of all the corners and stuff causing braking issues since we are underspeed but the track was simple enough. And you could do that based on the telemetry read out on the first car in each class of each room. thats not a bad idea. Also. Le Mans is rolling or standing? I raced in a league where they have a rolling start by driving *CAREFULLY* backwards at the start lining up and going once they hit the line.
Back to top Go down
fattymicpatty

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:50 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Boostbeef wrote:
My main complaint with B room happened before the race even started. I don't think the guys understand that you are still racing the other rooms on the out lap and that every second counts. For whatever reason half the GT field was holding up the GTC guys on the out lap.

Just wondering, what was the hold up, up there? i was surprised that we caught up. i can understand some tracks where things can get tricky bc of all the corners and stuff causing braking issues since we are underspeed but the track was simple enough. And you could do that based on the telemetry read out on the first car in each class of each room. thats not a bad idea. Also. Le Mans is rolling or standing? I raced in a league where they have a rolling start by driving *CAREFULLY* backwards at the start lining up and going once they hit the line.

We were waiting for one of the gt guys up front to get to his spot. Don't know what took him so long seeing how it almost took the full lap for him to get there.
Back to top Go down
JumpInTheFire88

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:58 pm

le mans is a standing start
Back to top Go down
BMEAZY II

BMEAZY II

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:07 pm

i think all races should be a standing start to make it fair for all drivers in all the lobbys
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:19 pm

BMEAZY II wrote:
i think all races should be a standing start to make it fair for all drivers in all the lobbys

Wouldnt be fair. porsche's can blow past anyone on a standing start. 9.0 launch.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:23 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
BMEAZY II wrote:

Wouldnt be fair. porsche's can blow past anyone on a standing start. 9.0 launch.

and my Aston would be left at the start spinning its wheels
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:36 pm

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
BMEAZY II wrote:

lol thats what happened at Camino with me and Hiredgun, i shot out like a cannon and escaped the disaster behind him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:45 pm

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
BMEAZY II wrote:

I like rolling starts better but the gallardo is great from a dig so idc either way
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:49 pm

I think the current system is best rolling starts on tracks that are not too long and a standing start on long tracks like Nurburgring, el camino and Le Man's
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 5:05 pm

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
I think the current system is best rolling starts on tracks that are not too long and a standing start on long tracks like Nurburgring, el camino and Le Man's
i agree standing for long tracks, but a rolling start has alot of variables. but who am i to say it doesnt make things interesting. but i think camino was a standing because of the fact that theres no way the last guy could clear the last corner single file intime for a go signal before the start line... which happened at Road America. I honestly had no idea what to do since i got the all clear signal after i crossed the start finish. im like "do i just go? or would that be dirty since i didnt call out go? well ill just wait for it then" and thankfully i think the other guys had that same idea. for future reference, single file with 7 GTC was pretty much too long to get a clear and a go before the start/finish line. my rear tires were about on the line when i finally heard the clear. maybe they just werent packed up tight enough? i wasnt back there so i dont know.
Back to top Go down
BMEAZY II

BMEAZY II

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 5:45 pm

Porsche cant handle the vauxhall on takeoffs lol but and i think we need a more specific rule on how the outlap should be done then to make sure they are as close as possible in all lobbies
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:11 pm

It's pretty clear:

4.2B - Standard Rolling Start: The cars will depart the grid at a moderate speed. Cars will, in an organized manner get into grid order as quickly and safely as possible while making one (1) formation (pace) lap of the circuit at moderate speed. Unless otherwise directed
4.2C - Cars unable to make the formation lap and present themselves as unsafe or unable to stay in formation or on track during the out/pace lap will be required to start from the rear of the grid for that room.
4.2D - Single file start shall be carried out as follows: Speed shall be around 60 - 70mph. The lead car shall set a steady pace and is responsible for leading the field to a safe start. Cars shall not drastically speed up, slow down, or otherwise "play games". Once the last place car reaches the final corner on the front straight the command of "CLEAR" will be given. As soon as the 'CLEAR' command is given the pole driver for the room can give the 'GO GO GO' command and the race begins.
4.2E - Cars out of a single-file line when the GO GO GO' command is given will be considered as attempting to improve their position. Cars that are deemed to have jumped the start may be penalized with a 15 second time penalty. If the racer who jumps the start passes the Lead/Pole Position driver during a jump of the start the time Penalty is doubled to 30 seconds.

The only Rule needing to be added is THAT NO PERSON SHALL TALK AT ALL DURING THE START EXEPT THE CLEAR PERSON AND THE POLE POSITION/GO GO GO RACER. EVERYONE ELSE NEEDS TO BE SILENT! It seems A room has no problem with this but the rest of the racers do.

Room host it is your simple duty to do 5 things:
1. Set the room up per series rules
2. Make sure you have a pre-race meeting giving grid positions and reminding racers of the single file, no talk, and try to have a clean start of the race.
3. Save the replay.
4. Get all room times and if you can designate a back up person to help.
5. Send me the replay soon as the race is over.

We all have to help and do our part just a little to make sure things run smoothly and organized
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:24 pm

Uhm what i was saying was that no one said clear til after i passed the start finish, it wasnt a matter of talking or not, i just thought that the last place guy couldnt clear the last corner before i crossed the line since thats when i heard it.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:32 pm

Oh the finish line has nothing to do with the start of the race. Once the clear command is given the Pole position can give the GO GO GO command anytime before turn 1. Now hopefully he will say it shortly after the Clear command and not wait too late.

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
Oh the finish line has noting to do with the start of the race. Once the clear command is given the Pole position can give the GO GO GO command anytime before turn 1. Now hopefully he will say it shortly after the Clear command and not wait too late.

Ohhhh see i thought that you had to get the clear in and then say go before the start finish line. Well now that that's cleared up lol.
Back to top Go down
Boostbeef

Boostbeef

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:42 pm

JumpInTheFire88 wrote:
Boostbeef wrote:

I agree. I think the out lap time of the first place car in each class and in each room should be deducted from everyone in that class and room. example: EZTGambit's (A room GTC pole) out lap 1:38 SaintedPlacebo's (B room GTC pole) out lap 1:48. So all the GTC cars in A room get 1:38 taken off there final time and all the GTC cars in B room get 1:48 taken off there final time. I though the same thing boost after watching replays of sebring where E room and a 50 second disadvantage to D room, I just never said any thing because I was the new guy and didn't want to sound like I was telling anyone how to run the show.

I agree with this idea and wouldn't be too hard to implement.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:46 pm

Boostbeef wrote:
JumpInTheFire88 wrote:
Boostbeef wrote:

I agree. I think the out lap time of the first place car in each class and in each room should be deducted from everyone in that class and room. example: EZTGambit's (A room GTC pole) out lap 1:38 SaintedPlacebo's (B room GTC pole) out lap 1:48. So all the GTC cars in A room get 1:38 taken off there final time and all the GTC cars in B room get 1:48 taken off there final time. I though the same thing boost after watching replays of sebring where E room and a 50 second disadvantage to D room, I just never said any thing because I was the new guy and didn't want to sound like I was telling anyone how to run the show.

I agree with this idea and wouldn't be too hard to implement.

If we did this we would have to add a lap since then only 49 laps would be counted. you arent really adding a 1:48 more like ~20-22 seconds since a thats what i could do ideally.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: THE OFFICIAL RESULTS   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:38 pm

ROAD ATLANTA Results

Congratulations to RAFT No Brakes for the GT win in his #24 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera.

Congratulations to Matthnt for the GTC win in his #96 Aston Martin V12 Vantage .

The GT Hard Charger Award 2 point bonus is earned by PredatorUSMC in the #54 Ferrari 458 Italia for Charging through the field from 5th to finish 2nd gaining 3 positions.

The GTC Hard Charger Award 2 point bonus is earned by hannibaljazz 98 {R} in his #98 Porsche Caymen R for Charging from 16th in the field to finish 9th gaining 7 positions!

Race Room Recap and Incident Report

A Room

GT Rolling start was clean with no contact. No turn 1 incidents or early lap incidents
GTC Rolling start was clean with no contact. No turn 1 incidents or early lap incidents

I don't think I have seen such a close race for so many laps with so many racers and no incidents! Truly great racing in GT and GTC Class!

B Room

GT Rolling start was clean with no contact.
GTC Rolling start was clean with no contact. No turn 1 incidents or early lap incidents

Lap 2 turn 1 first corner after the rolling start Th3 NaPsTeR 15 in the #37 McLaren MP4-12C gets into the rear of the #53 Ferrari 458 italia driven by LUKEMAD9999 causing minor damage. Due to it being the first corner and everyone was so tightly bunched and it was not a major mistake just a matter of everyone brake checking each other into turn one trying to get through when the contact occured. Penalty to Th3 NaPsTeR 15 - Warning

Lap 3 There was contact between Blahzay xxl and LUKEMAD9999 that was clearly a small lag spike as the cars just jumped about 10 feet into one another then back to their original distance and damage was caused.

Lap 4 SaintedPlacebo4 {R} looses control of his #3 Porsche 911 Sport Classic (997) going down into the esses hits a wall and bounces back onto the racing surface where Basicblaq was coming down through and tried to avoid the incident. Racing incident.

Lap 14 jpnVR4 tries a banzai braking move or completely misses his braking point and rear ends Boostbeef{R}'s #71 Viper GTS causing loss of control and then jpnVR4 bounces into the #122 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport of GLR Roca causing minor damage but a complete loss of control and spin.
*Penalty jpnVR4 - 2 Race Probation and 10 point deduction. (cannot add time penalty instead of point deduction due to DNF)

There were a few other small GTC bumping and grinding incidents but nothing negligent.

This room looked a little rough around the edges from the start of the race. Racers must remember that the races are Endurance Races and to be patient the first couple of corners and let things settle down, tires warm up, nerves settle down a bit.

Other than that the racing was good.

C Room

Have not Reviewd Replay as of yet.

Results are up for Road Atlanta.
Points Are Up.
Team Points Updated
Top 5 on the home page up.
THERE WILL BE NO PIRS UPDATES FOR LeMans. (exception racers whose first race was Road Atlanta)
WRITE UP NOT COMPLETED

WINNERS PICTURES NOT UPDATED

A & B room replays are on my storefront
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:41 pm

and your Idea to subtract or add time is not going to happen. I am not about to re calculate 30 - 40 racers times each race. NOPE! pale

If each room conducts itself accordingly this becomes a non issue. It takes teamwork to make the dreamwork!
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Is there a penalty for dnq because i gain more spots then pred and he got the hard charger award.
Back to top Go down
THF dvsSublime

THF dvsSublime

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Why no PI changes for Le Mans?
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:47 pm

Blahzay xxl wrote:
Is there a penalty for dnq because i gain more spots then pred and he got the hard charger award.

Boy oh boy. It's in the rules. But for you I will help. Cool If you do not qualify you are not eligible for any awards.

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
THF dvsSublime

THF dvsSublime

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Qualify? For what? No one qualified so no one is getting PI?
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:52 pm

THF dvsSublime wrote:
Why no PI changes for Le Mans?

No opportunity for specific HP builds for this track only. Also, now that we are at mid point of the season. The PIRS will be adjusted more judiciously. At this point I am spending a bit more time looking for Cheaters with HP, build changes etc and other items. With so many rookies I think I need to be more vigilant to ensure compliance to the rules.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Ok gotchu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 8 Race 6 Road Atlanta 50 Laps
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next