Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta

Go down 
+20
R3troD
NSA Roca
The LSA
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
lukemad9999
jeckel4438
THF dvsSublime
Avcracy
ox FASTLANE xo
Hiredgun308
Basticular
KikRox268
SaintedPlacebo4
No1 Tommy Smurf
Matthnt
killerz2801
Raceboy77
bigdutyDMomoney
Basicblaq
Admin/PredatorUSMC
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
R3troD

R3troD

Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Raceboy77 wrote:
should let me race my NSX in GS for infineon Wink see what those aston's do about that lolol

OH Boy!!!..... you surely make those guys Boo boo there pants.....Laughing
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:07 pm

Matthnt wrote:
Ever think that maybe you guys should re-tune your car? That maybe that could in fact be an overriding issue of your performance?

The system won't prevent fast(er) drivers from being fast still. Gambit and Raceboy are still flying in GT with 723 and 728(i think) respectfully. Only 2 other people in the history of this series have done that well with that low of PI, Bimm3r and Spurtle.

Lol whoa. Thanks for the advice, and no offense taken, but um, we have been retuning our cars. Like I said, we've been working really hard to try to catch up, and we're not afraid to change the tune. I don't think there's any way we could have run as well as we have if we did not adjust our cars significantly for every track we've been to. I'm sorry, but I really don't think it's our lack of tuning skills either, as we have been enlisting the help of some much better drivers as well. (Thanks Raceboy! hope you don't mind me mentioning your contribution)

But yeah on the second part, that's exactly what we're saying here. We were just hoping for more from the PIRS, but maybe we're just expecting too much.

I guess that essay I wrote on my last post makes me look way too serious about all this. But I'm with Killerz, I'm just doing this for fun. I'm really not too worried about it, but that doesn't mean I'm not working really hard on my driving, and on my car. Sorry if I'm stirring up the pot too much, please don't be offended by anything I said, it was really not my intention.
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:16 pm

Basically, duty and I worked our a$$es off. Made progress by getting into the A room. I'm taking that as a win for me. Glad to be here.

Still confused on how someone can get so sour about being faster. Makes me wonder why "they" are so worried about the topic of PI. Like "he" said. "I'm faster than 97 percent of the class at Atlanta". So why so concerned?

Last edited by killerz2801 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:18 pm

killerz2801 wrote:
Basically, duty and I worked our a$$es off. Made progress by getting into the A room. I'm taking that as a win for me. Glad to be here.

Still confused on how someone can get so sour about being faster. Makes me wonder why "they" are so worried about the topic of PI. Like "he" said. "I'm faster than 97 percent of the class". So why so concerned?

Please don't misquote me. I never said I'm faster than 97% of the class.
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:20 pm

I just fixed it while u wrote that. Your an awesome racer that just so happens to be in an Aston. We are not implying u in any of this from the beginning.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:25 pm

We all spend all weak tweaking and tuning out cars. Its not that. I rather not say what i was about to, but in all honesty, a 14pi deduction from tommy, and a 9 point deduction to me is fine. that will slow us down below you guys since it took that much for us to be infront at Sebring and Mazda. However take it away and add to you guys is a double effect.. we are X amount of time slower while you are also X amount of time faster. If the lesser skilled guys(im talking about myself here) are too fast then chop them down. but when you chop them down and then give to the fastest guys the time difference created is doubled. e.i. if you wanna slow me up a half second sure take off however many pi. but then at the same time want to speed up the already fast guys a half second well now you created a 1 second discrepancy... which is exactly what we saw here...
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:29 pm

There was a massive lap time discrepancy last season at this track. 1-3 were within .1 and 4th was .7 slower than that during qualifying.

1 EZT Gambit {R} 1:25.165
2 Matthnt 1:25.207
3 F4H FACEPALMER{R} 1:25.275
4 RAFT Hiredgun 1:25.946
5 IACS VDub {R} 1:25.976
6 iTsz BrAdSz 1:26.021
7 No1 Tommy Smurf 1:26.192
8 JumpInTheFire88{R} 1:26.234
9 SaintedPlacebo4 {R} 1:26.844

See
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:38 pm

And again. Comparing apples to oranges.
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:41 pm

Not really dude. Gs season 8 vs gs season 9 is apples to oranges? I need to smoke what you're on.

Sainted, how many times did you change gears per lap? Count all upshifts and downshifts
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Can we drop this PIRS nonsense and go back to talking about how pred flipped again (or whatever happened) lol!
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:53 pm

One of the Astons drove down on him.
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:57 pm

Matthnt wrote:
Not really dude. Gs season 8 vs gs season 9 is apples to oranges? I need to smoke what you're on.

Sainted, how many times did you change gears per lap? Count all upshifts and downshifts

Look I'm not saying we possess the tuning prowess that you do, but we tried plenty of different gear ratios too, from huge changes, down to .01 differences. Maybe a better driver can go faster with a different gear, but any other gear ratio only slowed my lap times down, even after 20 or 30 laps of practice.
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:59 pm

Basticular wrote:
Can we drop this PIRS nonsense and go back to talking about how pred flipped again (or whatever happened) lol!

Lol, I have to agree. I think I'm done. This got old a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:01 pm

bigdutyDMomoney wrote:
Matthnt wrote:

Look I'm not saying we possess the tuning prowess that you do, but we tried plenty of different gear ratios too, from huge changes, down to .01 differences. Maybe a better driver can go faster with a different gear, but any other gear ratio only slowed my lap times down, even after 20 or 30 laps of practice.

I got taught not to fit upgradeable gearboxes, because it is PI that can be used more affectively elsewhere in racing series like FSCS.

however I might give it a shot to see if it helps my overall lap times.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:02 pm

Basticular wrote:
RMFAO YOU ROCK ROCK..... of coarse i have the most pi in the universe and some how got worse Embarassed
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:12 pm

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
bigdutyDMomoney wrote:
Matthnt wrote:

I got taught not to fit upgradeable gearboxes, because it is PI that can be used more affectively elsewhere in racing series like FSCS.

however I might give it a shot to see if it helps my overall lap times.

Yeah, it's different at different tracks of course. For most cars, I always avoid gearbox upgrades. Luckily for us, adding a sport transmission to our cars makes less than a 1 PI difference. Depending on the build, sometimes it even reduces the PI to upgrade it. scratch
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:18 pm

Ha, I say luckily for us because I just love tuning gear ratios, not because it helped all that much.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:29 pm

How many times did i shift? I used a 5 speed. granted, once in a while in killers draft i would top out as i broke. Im confused with what you are getting at, although im thinkingyou are trying to say that i should have used longer or shorter gears? maybe im wrong. either way, my point i made before stands as i said.

@ Basticular, one of the astons said if pred wanted to pass him he would wreck him and apparently he did.
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:44 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

@ Basticular, one of the astons said if pred wanted to pass him he would wreck him and apparently he did.

I sure am glad I'm in the GS class instead of GT. It's a lot easier to get passed than to make a pass. I've got to give major credit to all the GT guys for making super clean passes. I also think I should apologize for freaking out when I see them coming up behind me. I just really hate to hold them up like I know I am when they catch me somewhere like the esses at Atlanta. I've just really got to learn not to worry about it. I admit there were a couple times in that last race where they came up so fast on me that I never even realized they had been behind me, until I heard their engines roaring up beside my car, but it was still always a super clean pass. Kudos on that.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 6:34 pm

retrodward wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:
should let me race my NSX in GS for infineon Wink see what those aston's do about that lolol

this, you all know it.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Raceboy77 wrote:
retrodward wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:

this, you all know it.

we I know you would destroy me regardless what you are in, your just an awesome driver period, I bet you could even beat me in a car with 600PI. Thats saying might be slightly over exaggerating that one.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 7:17 pm

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:
retrodward wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:

this, you all know it.

we I know you would destroy me regardless what you are in, your just an awesome driver period, I bet you could even beat me in a car with 600PI. Thats saying might be slightly over exaggerating that one.

<3 and yes, you are slightly over exaggerating that one lol.
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 7:32 pm

I was just trying to rule out something Sainted. Its a known forza fact that the more gear shifts per lap generally will run slower than if you can shift less. Meaning if you can hold third in a corner instead of second do it
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 7:37 pm

Racing takes many things for success.
Ability
Consistency
Adaptability
The Tune
Managing and maximizing a cars strengths and weakness each track
Each car is different and PI will be different to make equal (if the same driver tested all cars each car would need a different PI for that driver to attain nearly identical times on a given track), each driver uses different peripherals to drive, different views, different settings, Big TV, little TV, Manual transmission with clutch, Automatic transmission, ABS and on and on...
A little luck

There are more but, I watch each and every race replay and it is very obvious that some driver run their cars on the ragged edge and hit their apexes nearly perfectly lap after lap, limit mistakes and off track excursions. This alone accounts for track performance. (I can use an example Ferrari driver who could have had a win at Road Atlanta, but his own mistakes cost him). Not everyone is gonna be the fastest. Remember no matter what sport you have there will always be the best or better and then you have the rest and you have the worst. What makes it interesting is watching the worst get better and how the guys in the middle try to get to the top while the fast guys maintain their level of excellence.

I want to say one thing on replays, Many racers need to practice the RIGHT line on a track. Learn to hit it fast and consistently. Watch the fast guys then look at your line, your braking, your throttle application, etc. Racing is more complicated than just HP, Accelerate, brake, turn, accelerate.

I have had people send me tunes and when I see them I am like WHOA Shocked They are driving this tune! HP is king in drag racing not Circuit track racing. A lighter more nimble car can have much less HP and be much more effective than a heavier car. Less weight to brake, turn accelerate which makes a lighter car generally more manageable in sports car racing. Just my 2cents.

Some of the racers should take a moment to go HERE DRIVING/RACING TECHNIQUES
Racers Check this out...much of it does apply here.

Click the links below

SAFE IS FAST

HOW TO PASS

LEARNING A NEW TRACK

AND FINALLY, how many of you have gone and performed the "OFFICIAL TEST TRACK SESSION"? Hmmmm
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:08 pm

if i didn't run like garbage i would have been gone pred :p but you did throw it away. who knows if i would have caught my pace though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next