Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta

Go down 
+20
R3troD
NSA Roca
The LSA
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
lukemad9999
jeckel4438
THF dvsSublime
Avcracy
ox FASTLANE xo
Hiredgun308
Basticular
KikRox268
SaintedPlacebo4
No1 Tommy Smurf
Matthnt
killerz2801
Raceboy77
bigdutyDMomoney
Basicblaq
Admin/PredatorUSMC
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:24 pm

bigdutyDMomoney wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
No one doubts your skills, its just discouraging when you see one team a second faster than the rest of the field when there is a system in place to prevent that. The second half of the lobby was maybe 3 laps from being lapped by you guys. That sounds like an issue to me.

Yeah, exactly. I don't think anyone is upset that you did so well, Matthnt. We were just hoping for closer racing than that, across the field. I do realize you and HiredGun had an incredibly close race. I think people are just saying that after so many dominating performances from the Aston teams, (I'm not saying it's the car, I'm sure it's somewhat of a coincidence that most of the fastest drivers picked an Aston) it would be nice to be able to turn similar kinds of lap times that they're running, even if we can't do it consistently in the race like the best drivers can. Rookies like myself were just hoping that the PIRS system would at least make things closer as the season progressed, instead of letting a few people dominate so much. I don't think anybody is asking for the PIRS system to turn them into a race winner, but to at least get them closer. But the season is still young, and I haven't given up yet.

Of course, I guess that is still asking a lot. I don't think anyone doubts at this point that the driver makes much more of a difference than any PI adjustment. Some of this is because the Forza PI system is not without faults. I've found it incredibly hard to predict how much change in lap time a PI boost will make. I think a lot of it has to do with which upgrades are available for certain cars at certain PIs. If the Forza PI system was perfect, there would be a linear relationship between PI and lap times, but it's just not the case. This may just be a dumb guess, but it seems the Forza PI system is designed to predict performance on a standing start lap at Old Le Mans. It seems to put too much emphasis on 0-30mph times and top speed, for the average circuit. In any case, I doubt anyone would argue against the fact that some upgrades are better than others for circuit racing. In my experience, once you have all the good upgrades on your car, and you only have the not-so-good ones left, PI boosts start to have very little effect on your lap time.

On the plus side, our PIRS system does seem to be helping somewhat, as it's not like we've had one driver winning all the races. It's just that all those Astons start to look the same after a while.

I think all the non-Aston driver's qualifying performance this week just shows how hard we've all been working to try to catch up. I could be wrong, as I fell back too quickly in the race to really judge anyone else's performance, but I think all the non-Aston drivers were able to do their best lap in qualifying, before the race started. I'm not trying to imply anything here, and I'm certainly not trying to offend anyone, but it made it look like, to me, that some maybe needed the practice of 20-30 laps during the race to reach their full potential. Our qualifying times made it look like we were much closer than we actually were when it came down to it. Maybe all non-Aston drivers are just better hot-lappers than endurance racers, I have no idea. I just thought that was interesting, but also dissapointing.

Again, I said "Aston" a lot in this post, but it's just the easiest way to refer to all the drivers who have been dominating this season so far. I'm not trying to say that the car itself is what is causing this. We're talking about the PIRS, not the car, or any particular drivers.

This is a customer satisfaction issue---its easy to get discouraged, on average, new drivers can think winning a race is futile and as a result the series sheds drivers, by the end of the season lobbies are always alot smaller. That said, we do have faster-than-average drivers and will be quick no matter what. Preds post was spot on, however this quote is about retension in my opinion. An hour and a half time investment has to have some type of pay-off. Its easy to walk away from a series that you pretty much know you'll never win. I have stayed with this series for a long time and I have watched alot people quit. PI is supposed to give newbees/average/people with lives/ a chance. Thats it, I have a great car and good PI, I probably wont win a race but I am competitive and that makes spending 2 hours with a bunch of strangers worth it.

Last edited by vV Science Vv on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:28 pm

Spot on brother
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:35 pm

We're not all stranger. Maybe not face to face. But many do become friends here. You should come round more science and hang out when ya can.

But PI can only do so much. I am not handing out training wheels or bundles of PI just for the heck of it. The driver has to understand his or her limits and ability too. AND it's not just PI. How a driver races plays a part in on track performance also. By that I mean settings and peripherals etc.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:40 pm

Yeah. That's what I was trying to get at. I mean, I'm not quitting any time soon, but I don't like watching other people leave, especially when we have the smallest class to begin with.
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:43 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
We're not all stranger. Maybe not face to face. But many do become friends here. You should come round more science and hang out when ya can.

But PI can only do so much. I am not handing out training wheels or bundles of PI just for the heck of it. The driver has to understand his or her limits and ability too. AND it's not just PI. How a driver races plays a part in on track performance also. By that I mean settings and peripherals etc.

Yeah, this too. I was driving so bad yesterday, I think I would have still lost with an 700 PI car. Really can't expect the PIRS system to be able to fix that.
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:04 pm

Matthnt wrote:
I was just trying to rule out something Sainted. Its a known forza fact that the more gear shifts per lap generally will run slower than if you can shift less. Meaning if you can hold third in a corner instead of second do it

Yeah, I agree this is good advice, but there are exceptions. If you watch a real life video of a pro-tuned/driven Porsche you'll see they are rowing through a LOT of gears. It's a just a really high-strung engine, with a relatively narrow power-band, compared to many.
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:05 pm

vV Science Vv you are bang on...
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:34 pm

At what point is the PI locked in for the remainder of the season?
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:28 pm

killerz2801 wrote:

it pretty much always goes up or down.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 12:09 am

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
killerz2801 wrote:

it pretty much always goes up or down.

Not necessarily true. Once it gets to a point many will stay and not move. There are some who are pretty much there. Some are still getting there.
Back to top Go down
Maxximilllion

Maxximilllion

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:53 am

From experience, running in the back for almost 2 hours is not all that fun. And if it wasn't for Roscoe, PiiHB and Oddball dragging my a$$ to the track, sending tunes and pushing my lazy butt, I would have probably returned to the paint shop weeks ago and contributed the best way I know how.

I started the week running 1:35's at Road Atlanta, by Friday they had me down to 1:30's and by race day I ran a handful of 1:27's, so there is something to be said about the proper guidance and set up, a good team will be a major help and that is what drives me to run every week, not letting these guys down on Sunday.

Back to top Go down
http://www.neinshiza.net84.net
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:56 am

maxximilllion wrote:
From experience, running in the back for almost 2 hours is not all that fun. And if it wasn't for Roscoe, PiiHB and Oddball dragging my a$$ to the track, sending tunes and pushing my lazy butt, I would have probably returned to the paint shop weeks ago and contributed the best way I know how.

I started the week running 1:35's at Road Atlanta, by Friday they had me down to 1:30's and by race day I ran a handful of 1:27's, so there is something to be said about the proper guidance and set up, a good team will be a major help and that is what drives me to run every week, not letting these guys down on Sunday.

Youre a good dude and that is what i ran my first season, high 26 and low 27s iot seems that everyone got a second faster. if you were around last season you would have fit right in lol. its s shame but dont worry youll just get faster as the season goes on.
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 10:25 am

I truly believe my car loathes Infineon. Still going to give it my best.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 10:27 am

killerz2801 wrote:

I hate to say this but I do expect your car to the hardest (or one of the hardest) to drive around Infineon in GS class.

I am unsure of how well I will do because I cannot prepare as much as I did for Road Atlanta and Indy because of university assignments I have and other commitments.

Thats saying I will still try my best at it and hope not to lose to many points to matt
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:28 pm

killerz2801 wrote:

ask someone to help you with your tune...
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Yeah I will have to. I'm just trying to get used to the track for now.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:39 pm

killerz2801 wrote:
Yeah I will have to. I'm just trying to get used to the track for now.

Things might click and you might find something unconventional that works in that car. strengthen its strengths and minimize its weakness.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:42 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

Things might click and you might find something unconventional that works in that car. strengthen its strengths and minimize its weakness.

or you can do what one of my lectures in strategic management said

'focus on your strengths, you get the advantage by your strengths, not by fixing your weaknesses'

basically if you spend too much time trying to fix your weaknesses your strengths won't maximised
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Yeah.....I'll work in that..........
So if I don't have money for gas just make sure the car is clean?
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 2:01 pm

maxximilllion wrote:

MAX YOU ARE THE BACKBONE OF NSA!!!!!! ....
By the way i need all members of NSA TO vote on something Huge for Us....
WE ARE NEIN SHIZA!!!
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 2:05 pm

killerz2801 wrote:
butt,GAS OR GRASS NO ONE RIDES FOR FREE
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:09 pm

killerz2801 wrote:

If youre pushing it make sure it looks good while you are doing it. jocolor
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:17 pm

That's my point
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 5:01 pm

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE RESULTS FOR ST A ROOM? I requested someone to PLEASE get the last 5 times...from 12th on down because I cannot scroll down with a wheel. Please PM them to me ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 6:01 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE RESULTS FOR ST A ROOM? I requested someone to PLEASE get the last 5 times...from 12th on down because I cannot scroll down with a wheel. Please PM them to me ASAP.

don't worry about it..just post the results for GT & GS thats what matters the most LOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next