Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta

Go down 
+20
R3troD
NSA Roca
The LSA
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
lukemad9999
jeckel4438
THF dvsSublime
Avcracy
ox FASTLANE xo
Hiredgun308
Basticular
KikRox268
SaintedPlacebo4
No1 Tommy Smurf
Matthnt
killerz2801
Raceboy77
bigdutyDMomoney
Basicblaq
Admin/PredatorUSMC
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:17 am

killerz2801 wrote:
I'm not implying cheating or anything of that nature. Those team are good to say the least. Point of having the series and PI adjusts is to balance the field.

Its a great car with great drivers. Lets face it i have a great car but i am a average driver and it shows. When it was <640 for those three RPM boys i was competitive for the front, now i have little chance. Their consistent lap times are my "holy crap what did i just do!" lap time. I thik we will see a shake up with the PIs after such a dominant race. Good race Killers. I wasnt expecting that at all. Those laps we went back and forth were good though, catching you at the bottom of the esses and then passing you at the beginning of the straight, only to lose you going down it and have to catch you again. good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:37 am

My point 2 different typed of aston within tenth, all having different pi . Seem that the pi system is getting fairly close. You also have to consider how a driver comes to grip with each track. That makes a big difference in lap times. Also you car build is just as important as the tune. example I got at pi change I built my car 10 different ways all at the same pi same tune some builds we 1.5s slow than the build I ran. I'm not say you don't need a pi upgrade maybe you do that not my call.

Last edited by Hiredgun308 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:40 am

Hiredgun308 wrote:

All the aston car's were all tuned by the same guy. Just stating the facts. Makes you wonder. Shocked

actually mine was not, in that race I was running an EZT Gambit tune.
Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:14 am

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
Hiredgun308 wrote:

All the aston car's were all tuned by the same guy. Just stating the facts. Makes you wonder. Shocked

I stand corrected killer I thought tommy was still in the same tune. Sorry. All rpm car had the same tune.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:05 am

Hiredgun308 wrote:
No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
Hiredgun308 wrote:

I stand corrected killer I thought tommy was still in the same tune. Sorry. All rpm car had the same tune.

to be fair I only started running that tune till about half an hour before the ST race.
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:06 am

I think everyone is getting the wrong idea. I don't believe that "I" need a PI upgrade. Just stating that when one car is more dominate than the rest. Something needs to be looked at. I'm new to this, I'm not expecting to win any race. And honestly what would it really mean if I had more PI and won the race. Again, not saying that is what is going on either.

Great race sainted, hope to catch u next time.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:14 am

killerz2801 wrote:
I think everyone is getting the wrong idea. I don't believe that "I" need a PI upgrade. Just stating that when one car is more dominate than the rest. Something needs to be looked at.

i am sure something will happen on the PI front because Indy was a tricky race to adjust because of all the incidents. Whereas this race had much fewer incidents.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:44 am

Dr PiiHB wrote:
There's no reason that every Aston could hit a 24 second lap and the rest of the field could only run 26.

I've never ran that kind of laptime in my car. Been close about .040 off but never in the 24s

I have about 9-10 different cars that can run in the 1:25s at Road Atlanta so its not just the Aston Martins that can run the 25s. Last season's top 3 were a Corvette, a Vantage and a M3 all within .100.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:02 pm

i think what the guys are saying is that when there is a gap like that the pi system isnt working at the moment and it needs to be adjusted. If you 4 were all in something else that happened to be the same then i think the same idea that its the car would arise. granted its a general consensus that the Aston is incredible in this PI range.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:35 pm

should let me race my NSX in GS for infineon Wink see what those aston's do about that lolol
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:47 pm

F-bar'ed the editing. Oh well

Last edited by Matthnt on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:08 pm

No one doubts your skills, its just discouraging when you see one team a second faster than the rest of the field when there is a system in place to prevent that. The second half of the lobby was maybe 3 laps from being lapped by you guys. That sounds like an issue to me.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:13 pm

killerz2801 wrote:
I think everyone is getting the wrong idea. I don't believe that "I" need a PI upgrade. Just stating that when one car is more dominate than the rest. Something needs to be looked at. I'm new to this, I'm not expecting to win any race. And honestly what would it really mean if I had more PI and won the race. Again, not saying that is what is going on either.

Great race sainted, hope to catch u next time.

likewise but Im not sure if this next track is a good match up with that Holden, but if you make it a race in that then holy smokes i need more practice lol. im looking forward to Infineon as I would like to think that i have the advantage car wise considering what im up against. With all these twists and short straights i am thinking a 2595lbs car with incredible grip will do well.
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:31 pm

Yeah. I'm pretty much down and out for the most part until the alps. I was really just kidding sainted. I told duty the other day that your team should do really good for next Sunday. I will be fighting tire temp and slowing this monster down the entire 50 laps lol. Still have a good time anyways
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:53 pm

killerz2801 wrote:
Yeah. I'm pretty much down and out for the most part until the alps. I was really just kidding sainted. I told duty the other day that your team should do really good for next Sunday. I will be fighting tire temp and slowing this monster down the entire 50 laps lol. Still have a good time anyways

Nah sunset and Lemans wont be that bad.
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:01 pm

That is true. I'm really worried about next weeks race and hockheim(I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong lol). All the others shouldn't be too bad. Still trying to get the family sedan to run. Hope to figure it out soon. Just here to have fun, bs with cool peps.

I find it funny that the Aston Martin guys get offended for saying that they are fast. Lol
Back to top Go down
Peader24

Peader24

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:05 pm

Does anyone have the ST (A) lobby replay saved and in their storefront, Stupid me forgot to save it.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:06 pm

Peader24 wrote:
Does anyone have the ST (A) lobby replay saved and in their storefront, Stupid me forgot to save it.

i have it saved i can send it to you or just put it on my storefront.
Back to top Go down
NSA Roca

NSA Roca

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:08 pm

killerz2801 wrote:
That is true. I'm really worried about next weeks race and hockheim(I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong lol). All the others shouldn't be too bad. Still trying to get the family sedan to run. Hope to figure it out soon. Just here to have fun, bs with cool peps.

I find it funny that the Aston Martin guys get offended for saying that they are fast. Lol

Next week is Infineon
Back to top Go down
Peader24

Peader24

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:10 pm

Yeah Thanks sainted, either one will work.
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:12 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
No one doubts your skills, its just discouraging when you see one team a second faster than the rest of the field when there is a system in place to prevent that. The second half of the lobby was maybe 3 laps from being lapped by you guys. That sounds like an issue to me.

Yeah, exactly. I don't think anyone is upset that you did so well, Matthnt. We were just hoping for closer racing than that, across the field. I do realize you and HiredGun had an incredibly close race. I think people are just saying that after so many dominating performances from the Aston teams, (I'm not saying it's the car, I'm sure it's somewhat of a coincidence that most of the fastest drivers picked an Aston) it would be nice to be able to turn similar kinds of lap times that they're running, even if we can't do it consistently in the race like the best drivers can. Rookies like myself were just hoping that the PIRS system would at least make things closer as the season progressed, instead of letting a few people dominate so much. I don't think anybody is asking for the PIRS system to turn them into a race winner, but to at least get them closer. But the season is still young, and I haven't given up yet.

Of course, I guess that is still asking a lot. I don't think anyone doubts at this point that the driver makes much more of a difference than any PI adjustment. Some of this is because the Forza PI system is not without faults. I've found it incredibly hard to predict how much change in lap time a PI boost will make. I think a lot of it has to do with which upgrades are available for certain cars at certain PIs. If the Forza PI system was perfect, there would be a linear relationship between PI and lap times, but it's just not the case. This may just be a dumb guess, but it seems the Forza PI system is designed to predict performance on a standing start lap at Old Le Mans. It seems to put too much emphasis on 0-30mph times and top speed, for the average circuit. In any case, I doubt anyone would argue against the fact that some upgrades are better than others for circuit racing. In my experience, once you have all the good upgrades on your car, and you only have the not-so-good ones left, PI boosts start to have very little effect on your lap time.

On the plus side, our PIRS system does seem to be helping somewhat, as it's not like we've had one driver winning all the races. It's just that all those Astons start to look the same after a while.

I think all the non-Aston driver's qualifying performance this week just shows how hard we've all been working to try to catch up. I could be wrong, as I fell back too quickly in the race to really judge anyone else's performance, but I think all the non-Aston drivers were able to do their best lap in qualifying, before the race started. I'm not trying to imply anything here, and I'm certainly not trying to offend anyone, but it made it look like, to me, that some maybe needed the practice of 20-30 laps during the race to reach their full potential. Our qualifying times made it look like we were much closer than we actually were when it came down to it. Maybe all non-Aston drivers are just better hot-lappers than endurance racers, I have no idea. I just thought that was interesting, but also dissapointing.

Again, I said "Aston" a lot in this post, but it's just the easiest way to refer to all the drivers who have been dominating this season so far. I'm not trying to say that the car itself is what is causing this. We're talking about the PIRS, not the car, or any particular drivers.
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:23 pm

Ever think that maybe you guys should re-tune your car? That maybe that could in fact be an overriding issue of your performance?

The system won't prevent fast(er) drivers from being fast still. Gambit and Raceboy are still flying in GT with 723 and 728(i think) respectfully. Only 2 other people in the history of this series have done that well with that low of PI, Bimm3r and Spurtle.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:28 pm

Look guys Rancid pony manure is fast....they have arguably the best tuner in the league paired with a multi time champ and a guy who use's no brakes;) they are in a worse car then the vantage. I say we stop leting these glorified queffs in the cars from the tiny stinky island not scottland or Ireland run away with this its up to us to put a stop to there Tommy foolery.... DOWN WITH THE QUEENS!!!!....
Ps hired....luv yah;)
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:40 pm

I will say that Pred himself thought that pole for GS would be a 1:24 and that he figured everyone would be about a half second quicker than last season.

Consider that the winning time this season was 10 seconds slower than last season.... Sleep
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:57 pm

I feel like we are just beating a dead horse now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta   Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 9 Race 5 Road Atlanta
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next