Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA

Go down 
+22
Avcracy
No1 Tommy Smurf
NSA Roca
vV Science Vv
Blahzay xxl
hannibaljazz 98
ClownNinjaUSMC
AAR WolfPack
THF dvsSublime
AAR ABEnstein
bombsquadguy
jpnvr4
killerz2801
Matthnt
Raceboy77
SaintedPlacebo4
Basicblaq
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Warpig2011
Dr PiiHB
The LSA
Admin/PredatorUSMC
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
killerz2801

killerz2801

SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 5:39 pm

Oh no. Dad heard that lol jk pred
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 6:25 pm

Dr PiiHB wrote:
So after about 15 laps and some tuning I've decided the Cadillac will not be strong here. I felt that it was going okay until I built an Aston to 640 pi and ran 190mph on two different straight. The best the Cadillac got was just I've 180 and it took much longer to get there. The Aston also ran through the corners about 10mph faster. So basically we will be looking at a -10mph average over the whole course to a low pi Aston. Only problem is that all astons but one is higher in pi than my test. Looks like nein shiza will be struggling in two weeks.There's still time but I don't see it getting any better.

I haven't ran any laps yet but my car won't hit 190. I don't think my car last season hit 190 either
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Matthnt wrote:
Dr PiiHB wrote:
So after about 15 laps and some tuning I've decided the Cadillac will not be strong here. I felt that it was going okay until I built an Aston to 640 pi and ran 190mph on two different straight. The best the Cadillac got was just I've 180 and it took much longer to get there. The Aston also ran through the corners about 10mph faster. So basically we will be looking at a -10mph average over the whole course to a low pi Aston. Only problem is that all astons but one is higher in pi than my test. Looks like nein shiza will be struggling in two weeks.There's still time but I don't see it getting any better.

I haven't ran any laps yet but my car won't hit 190. I don't think my car last season hit 190 either
I went with a straight power build. Didn't widen tires or anything. Just dropped the aero and went for it. Very impressive car I must say.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Dr PiiHB wrote:

I went with a straight power build. Didn't widen tires or anything. Just dropped the aero and went for it. Very impressive car I must say.

thats why I am not hitting 190 either and tried everything.

I imagine Skinley is the same unless his car has been tuned to similar style as what you did which I doubt, because it would not be competitive in any other race
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Sunset Peninsula Results
>>> CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE RESULTS <<<

Replays Loaded to my storefront
ST A Room
GS/GT A Room
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Class Winners
GT – Congratulations to Raceboy77 for the win in the #77 Ferrari F50 of Alpha Racing International.

GS - Congratulations to Matthnt for the win in the #96 Aston Martin DBS of RPM Racing.

ST- Congratulations to Matthnt for the win in his #96 Mazda RX-8 R3 RWD.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hard Chargers
The GT Hard Charger Award 2 point bonus is earned by oX FASTLANE Xo in the #20 Maserati MC12
for Charging through the field from 21st to finish 10th gaining a hard charging 11 positions!

The GS Hard Charger Award 2 point bonus is earned by No1 Tommy Smurf in the #190 Aston Martin V12 Vantage for Charging from 8th in the field to finish 5th gaining 3 positions!

The ST Hard Charger Award 2 point bonus is earned by Matthnt in the #96 Mazda RX-8 R3 RWD
for Charging from 17th in the field to finish 1st gaining a Hard Charging 16 positions and winning the race!

Race Recap and Incident Report

ST

The racing was very good in ST. No other major contact between cars noted. Plenty with cars hitting the walls.

GS

No penalties Noted. Some little taps, some door to door contact but all good racing.

GT

No penalties noted.

Results are up Sunset Peninsula Raceway >>> CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE RESULTS <<<

Current Points Are Up updated.

Team Points Not Updated.

Top 3 Updated.

PIRS UPDATED

WRITE COMPLETED

WINNERS PICTURES NOT UPDATED

Top 3 Points Leaders Points Pictures NOT updated

Under Probation:
0 Races Left: (ST) Kamikaze1414 #7 Opel Speedster Turbo RWD {Contact} 2 race DNS Points deducted
0 Races Left (GT) Warpig2012 {Corner Cutting} 2 race DNS Points deducted
1 Races Left (GT) BLAHZAY xxl {Corner Cutting}
1 Races Left (GT) The LSA {Avoidable Contact)
1 Races Left (GS) Hiredgun308 {Avoidable Contact}
1 Races Left (ST) jpnVR4 {Avoidable Contact}
1 Races Left (GS) No1 Tommy Smurf {Avoidable Contact}
2 Races Left (ST) EZT Gambit {Avoidable Contact}
2 Races Left (ST) RMSpear2698 {R} {Avoidable Contact)

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:18 pm

glroca wrote:
If anyone needs help at Le Mans let me no. This is my best track. Im here to help all but raceboy sorry but i need to beat you. Just send me a message i im glad to help out who ever but RaceBoy lol!

as long as you don't flip, you won't have a hard time doing that. lowest pi = bad accel and bad top speed. no rear aero helps a little bit but still..i'm going to have a very hard time keeping up with you speed demons.

also think it's interesting how people can be seconds/half seconds faster and stay at the same pi :/

Last edited by Raceboy77 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Is matt the first person to ever win a race from B room?
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:24 pm

EARLY WARNING - There will be no PIRS adjustment between Le Mans and Bernese Alps. So those of you who got PIRS adjustments and think about building your car specifically for the speeds of Le Mans may want to think about how your car will be on the next handling heavy Bernese Alps.

There will be very thorough race inspection by 3 race Officials.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:26 pm

nice one matt. i vote for a new rule which does the same as the pre-race rule, you can't win the race if you're not racing in the top lobby lol. bet you woulda had a hard time passing me. good race everyone though, see everyone's tail lights at le-mans lol
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:52 pm

Nm

Last edited by killerz2801 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Avcracy

Avcracy

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:13 pm

I got 11th overall in GT, so I'm proud of that finish. My car was kinda torn up before the race even began, so I'll take what I can get. I'm not looking forward to Le Mans in this Viper, though. But I'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Until then, congratulations to the overall winners and award winners!
Back to top Go down
http://www.firelightstudios.net
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:47 pm

Good run Matt. Averaged a 1:34.14 for the entire race. That counts the out lap and pit stop. Amazing pace man. And with your teammates right behind you. Awesome run.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:29 pm

Can't lie wish i got a few pi other wise this race is point less...but ill push through it and maybe some magic can happened.
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:36 pm

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Looks like the officials are cracking down a bit too. Nice to have some suspense.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:46 pm

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
Dr PiiHB wrote:

I imagine Skinley is the same unless his car has been tuned to similar style as what you did which I doubt, because it would not be competitive in any other race

With the pi you guys have in that car, you can run loads of power and still hang with the porsches in the corners. I know skinley has power because he was terrible through the corners at sunset, though I think that was just his line, he was sliding everywhere, but would leave me sitting even while drafting him on the front stretch. His car will hit well over 190 there. If it doesn't then something is very very wrong.
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:50 pm

Sand bag anyone? Anyone.........
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:55 pm

I can't afford to. The more I drive here the more I realise this is going to be a terrible race. No pi adjustment either. Now I will lose even more speed to the others trying to run as little power as possible to run a full handling build for the alps. This can't possibly get any worse....

Oh well. It is what it is. I will just have to suck it up and do what I can with what I have. Maybe I can just finish the race with no damage and without lag interference. That will be enough I guess.
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 11:24 pm

Dr PiiHB wrote:
No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
Dr PiiHB wrote:

With the pi you guys have in that car, you can run loads of power and still hang with the porsches in the corners. I know skinley has power because he was terrible through the corners at sunset, though I think that was just his line, he was sliding everywhere, but would leave me sitting even while drafting him on the front stretch. His car will hit well over 190 there. If it doesn't then something is very very wrong.

Wait a sec...Are U saying those Aston's are hitting 190..That means they will beat some GT cars ??
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 11:52 pm

Aston drivers will deny it but I've got one built to an average pi of all of them now minus the two that are way too high and I can hit 190. They say they can't but I know they can. They will still out handle the other cars while hitting those speeds. That's the part I can't figure out. How can a car that is supposed to be equal to others be so much better at the same level. Just looking at the stats they destroy porsches and cadillacs. Then when you drive them you see why. They are amazing cars. But at equal pi the Porsche and the Cadillac don't stand a chance.

To answer your question though, yes, absolutely. They pull more g's with no downforce than the caddy does with full downforce, then on the straight its unbelievable. The cars never stop accelerating. I hate to say it but they are the perfect machine.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 5:23 am

In faster in the straights then gt doin 186 and the aston smokes me like i was standing still but like i said they ARE NOT beating me off the line witch means they have to TRY AND PASS ME!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 7:01 am

...194 see you guys in 2 weeks
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 7:16 am

Dr PiiHB wrote:
Aston drivers will deny it but I've got one built to an average pi of all of them now minus the two that are way too high and I can hit 190. They say they can't but I know they can. They will still out handle the other cars while hitting those speeds. That's the part I can't figure out. How can a car that is supposed to be equal to others be so much better at the same level. Just looking at the stats they destroy porsches and cadillacs. Then when you drive them you see why. They are amazing cars. But at equal pi the Porsche and the Cadillac don't stand a chance.

To answer your question though, yes, absolutely. They pull more g's with no downforce than the caddy does with full downforce, then on the straight its unbelievable. The cars never stop accelerating. I hate to say it but they are the perfect machine.

No one builds power cars to run in a series dude. MY Vantage at 645 had 3 parts on it. Race weight reduction, sport driveline and rims. Stock power, stock tire width. So to say that "they say they can't but I know they can" is kind of talking out the side of your mouth. You built a power car, we race handling cars...slightly different in every aspect
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 7:18 am

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:

ST- Congratulations to Matthnt for the win in his #96 Mazda RX-8 R3 RWD.

The ST Hard Charger Award 2 point bonus is earned by Matthnt in the #96 Mazda RX-8 R3 RWD
for Charging from 17th in the field to finish 1st gaining a Hard Charging 16 positions and winning the race![/b]

Kinda shocked I won from B lobby considering I never ran a 39 before that race and I ran about 19 or 20 them in the race.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 7:22 am

Your no fun matt, but yes who builds a speed car, the car you built is the complete opposite of our builds so stop crying, the caddy blew past us on the straights on sunset so theres no reason that would change on lemans
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 7:46 am

SVT No Brakes wrote:
Your no fun matt, but yes who builds a speed car, the car you built is the complete opposite of our builds so stop crying, the caddy blew past us on the straights on sunset so theres no reason that would change on lemans
....he was talking about the vantage....plus matt was not in b room
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next