Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA

Go down 
+22
Avcracy
No1 Tommy Smurf
NSA Roca
vV Science Vv
Blahzay xxl
hannibaljazz 98
ClownNinjaUSMC
AAR WolfPack
THF dvsSublime
AAR ABEnstein
bombsquadguy
jpnvr4
killerz2801
Matthnt
Raceboy77
SaintedPlacebo4
Basicblaq
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Warpig2011
Dr PiiHB
The LSA
Admin/PredatorUSMC
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 7:40 pm

have fun with no aero LSA lol, i know i'm running full aero as always. i get up to 190 on the straight. hopefully i can finish somewhere in the top 8 i'll be happy with that considering all these monster cars.
Back to top Go down
The LSA

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 8:36 pm

Basicblaq wrote:
The LSA wrote:
[ahem] Um...so...how 'bout them 'Vettes? Oh btw I got it to hit 191 at LM. Scared anyone? Cool
LOL..get it up to 205 and then I might be scared LOL!!!

Well, crap. At least I've got (some) cornering left!

@Raceboy: I really, really don't expect top 10, although I did set a 4:03 on my first flying lap. Hoping that bodes well lol
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:30 pm

new season same old arguments
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:43 pm

After my result at Sunset, the crew has a little fun at my expense....

SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 200716_10151376502259909_574190174_n
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 10:13 pm

tach. that is..... AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
The LSA

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:46 pm

Oh. My goodness. That is HILARIOUS.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 5:53 am

Raceboy77 wrote:
have fun with no aero LSA lol, i know i'm running full aero as always. i get up to 190 on the straight. hopefully i can finish somewhere in the top 8 i'll be happy with that considering all these monster cars.
X2 Raceboy top 8 will be good for me as well.
LSA the alps should be handed to you on a plate.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:11 am

Blahzay xxl wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:
This but a golden plate with flowers around it and rainbows over your head and a unicorn serving you it.
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:38 am

Don't know about GT or ST, but nothing is set in stone for the GS Le Mans race.

Also happy to see some new/returning drivers in the GS class. Happy to see you, and hope to beat you lol
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 9:07 am

Dr PiiHB wrote:
Yes matt, I'm definitely talking about the exige. That esprit is an amazing car but its tough at some tracks. Its like the Ford gt but worse. Instead of lining up with the roofline like most cars turn 10was like "I got an idea you guys! Lets make the roll cage sit at eye level and completely block the drivers view! Yes that's it. We'll make no one want to drive this car". I wonder if lotus paid extra to have an aggravating car in the game.

The Esprit is one of my favorite cars of all time and it was the first car I built on this game and I sent it to Bimmer and we were just so upset that you couldn't see anything out of the front window. I tried to convince No Brakes that if he wanted to run cockpit view that he had to train on that car Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 10:36 am

Raceboy77 wrote:

obviously there are cars that stick out and need a lower PI than others and vise versa, but a good driver can make almost any car competitive depending on the track and PI given. no offense at all Don but i've watched you drive that opel and driven it myself, consistency is a huge thing that comes into play your performances. that's the same for everyone though, even me. sometimes i have days i just can't hit my mark well.

overall, the cars are different, PI's are different, drivers are different. be consistent and keep out of trouble and you will get your results, it may take time, but they will come. we all know the system isn't perfect, but we're all here to race. if factors aren't going your way, fight it by racing better.

ps. i'm not trying to call anyone out at all, i enjoy all of your competition and racing with you guys <3. oh and don, i expect you to be on my bum or in front of me for maple Smile.

Well, since I've been "called out" even though I didn't call anyone out, means I suppose I have to respond. Saying you aren't trying to call me out and then doing it, is, well, something we like to call 'bull s h i t' where I come from. lol

I think you could run the Opal faster Raceboy, because I think you are the faster driver. But that isn't the point of the P.I. system is it. The point is to equalize the performance of the cars with the drivers that drive them. You can say you've driven my Opal but the truth is you haven't driven my particular builds for the car. You can say that I'm not a very consistent driver, which is very true especially during the race, but when you go from being equal to steadily unequal on a downward curve each race, it's more than that at my skill level.

Like I said, I think the P.I. system works very well, but it needs to account for the type of scenario that has happened to me i.e., going from marginally equal to steadily less equal after each race.

I may see your bumper at the next race RaceBoy, but not for very long.

Back to top Go down
The LSA

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Raceboy77 wrote:
Blahzay xxl wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:
This but a golden plate with flowers around it and rainbows over your head and a unicorn serving you it.

Raceboy, sometimes I worry about you lol. And to be fair, this track was a huge reason as to why I picked the C6.R. Of Metal/Fender's skill, however, I am not.
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:22 pm

The LSA wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:
Blahzay xxl wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:

Raceboy, sometimes I worry about you lol. And to be fair, this track was a huge reason as to why I picked the C6.R. Of Metal/Fender's skill, however, I am not.

But how well can the C6 R run in Lemans?
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:32 pm

I will be on tonight doing some practices on Lemans. Please let me know if you would like to join my room..I will be on at around 11pm ET
Back to top Go down
The LSA

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 3:07 pm

The fastest time that I have put up in the C6.R is a 4:02.5xx. And that's with me going completely balls-out. I may be able to go faster, but I doubt, if I can, that I can go more than a half-second or so. And, from what I have heard and can remember from last season, that's not exactly A-lobby time.
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 3:42 pm

The LSA wrote:
The fastest time that I have put up in the C6.R is a 4:02.5xx. And that's with me going completely balls-out. I may be able to go faster, but I doubt, if I can, that I can go more than a half-second or so. And, from what I have heard and can remember from last season, that's not exactly A-lobby time.
That would have gotten you into A room last season but not A room for season 7 you would have been in B Room. Man Season 7 times were fast Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 3:53 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
EARLY WARNING - There will be no PIRS adjustment between Le Mans and Bernese Alps. So those of you who got PIRS adjustments and think about building your car specifically for the speeds of Le Mans may want to think about how your car will be on the next handling heavy Bernese Alps.

There will be very thorough race inspection by 3 race Officials.

Can U include this for NurburgringGP as well Wink
Back to top Go down
NSA Roca

NSA Roca

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 pm

So i messe with my last weeks build i hit 212mph. Have fun trying to beat that afro
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 4:57 pm

OHH PLEASE FREEZE THE PI!!!! the caddy can't get better then What i got....
well thats not true... i can drop 8 pounds...piihb likes the bbs wheels;)
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 5:37 pm

Oh no sir. I wanted to run konigs and you are all like "No I'm a vag. Run the BBS wheels, I always run those. Just run BBS."So you sir can just get over it. I switched to bbs and then you dropped em. We are running bbs!
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 5:49 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:

obviously there are cars that stick out and need a lower PI than others and vise versa, but a good driver can make almost any car competitive depending on the track and PI given. no offense at all Don but i've watched you drive that opel and driven it myself, consistency is a huge thing that comes into play your performances. that's the same for everyone though, even me. sometimes i have days i just can't hit my mark well.

overall, the cars are different, PI's are different, drivers are different. be consistent and keep out of trouble and you will get your results, it may take time, but they will come. we all know the system isn't perfect, but we're all here to race. if factors aren't going your way, fight it by racing better.

ps. i'm not trying to call anyone out at all, i enjoy all of your competition and racing with you guys <3. oh and don, i expect you to be on my bum or in front of me for maple Smile.

Well, since I've been "called out" even though I didn't call anyone out, means I suppose I have to respond. Saying you aren't trying to call me out and then doing it, is, well, something we like to call 'bull s h i t' where I come from. lol

I think you could run the Opal faster Raceboy, because I think you are the faster driver. But that isn't the point of the P.I. system is it. The point is to equalize the performance of the cars with the drivers that drive them. You can say you've driven my Opal but the truth is you haven't driven my particular builds for the car. You can say that I'm not a very consistent driver, which is very true especially during the race, but when you go from being equal to steadily unequal on a downward curve each race, it's more than that at my skill level.

Like I said, I think the P.I. system works very well, but it needs to account for the type of scenario that has happened to me i.e., going from marginally equal to steadily less equal after each race.

I may see your bumper at the next race RaceBoy, but not for very long.

i honestly meant no offense, but to say that car isn't competitive even at that low of a PI isn't really true. obviously it depends on the driver but i thought i remembered you were really fast and when you signed up in that car i thought it was the end of the season already :p.

something special about this series is it's proven to make drivers better over time in my opinion, more than other series can due to the equality and attempting to keep up with cars you shouldn't be able to. i know it's made me a faster driver and that's pretty awesome.

don, i expect to see your bumper for about a lap. after that, i expect to see you only in the top right corner of my screen with an amount ahead of me. i know you're capable of that because i've witnessed you race before and i know you're better than how you've been performing. bad luck i assume, occasional damage etc. really affect that car due to its handling nature.

The LSA wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:
Blahzay xxl wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:

i think you underestimate yourself LSA :p
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 6:14 pm

lol 180? i wish! 170 @LeMans
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 6:15 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

yeah but I bet your one of the quickest cars in the last section where it is high speed flowing corners.

--EDIT--

I know that this track is not going to be what you call a Porsche track, but just trying say you car will have its advantages around certain parts of the track.
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 6:38 pm

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

yeah but I bet your one of the quickest cars in the last section where it is high speed flowing corners.

--EDIT--

I know that this track is not going to be what you call a Porsche track, but just trying say you car will have its advantages around certain parts of the track.

From my experience trying some other cars out this week, it seems to me that we have little to no advantage in the high speed corners. The corners where the Porsche shines are the really slow ones, where it can take advantage of it's relatively low polar moment of inertia, like the hairpins at Infineon. Hopefully we can make the most of the couple of of slow corners at Le Mans, as they are fairly important turns for getting a good run onto those long straights.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 6:48 pm

Well i havent been on at all since the terrible performance last week. However during testing i was able to put down times that would place me top 5 last season. that last section if taking as fast as i can without worrying about screwing up can gain me crazy time. I know pred doesnt like posting times, however going by last years board i feel at least decently comfortable. however as far as consistency goes.... welll practiceeee is what i need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA   SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SEASON 9 RACE 7 SUNSET PENINSULA
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next